Experiences What are some RP ideas you've always wanted to try?

Oh there are so many types of roleplays I would love to do, but haven't been able to yet. If I had to name a couple ideas.....

1. Anything involving dinosaurs, or creatures from prehistoric times. I am a huge paleontology nerd, so when I see stuff related to it in an rp setting, I get excited. An rp set in the world of the Fossil Fighters game series I could see myself having a lot of fun with. I also find gijinkas very cool, which a dinosaur gijinka (basically nonhuman beings/things portrayed as humans) roleplay I would definitely be down for. A time-travel survival roleplay could also be neat. Maybe a group of people start off in some sort of corrupt sci-fi dystopia, and end up traveling in time back to the Mesozoic Era, and they have to survive in this new environment. Also, I remember once joining an rp that had these dinosaur people in a medieval setting, with this huge conflict between the herbivores and carnivores within the kingdoms, and man I was excited. Sadly, that rp never got off the ground.

2. A roleplay based on the Backrooms. For those who don't know, the Backrooms is a concept that the real world is known as "the Frontrooms", and that one can no-clip into another liminal space-like reality known as "the Backrooms". Here's the image that spawned all the popularity:
View attachment 913359
Someone then made a creepypasta based on this, and the concept has gotten very popular as of late, with people coming up with all sorts of different levels and rooms, or different entities that inhabit the Backrooms; it's kind of like SCP, but based on locations. I think this has potential for being a cool concept for a exploration/horror type of rp. Maybe a group gets trapped in the Backrooms for some unknown reason, and they're trying to find a way out. Another idea could be them learning to cope or accept their fate in the Backrooms, leading to a pervasive feeling of dread as they go about trying to survive in such a place.
Damn, I was going to post on here but then you say the exact thing that I was craving XD.

The mysterious island - where characters wash up on the shores of an ‘abandoned’ island. They soon discover they cannot leave, and must work together (or not) to make a new life for themselves. Survival, mysterious ruins and abandoned settlements, as well as fighting off the islands (monstrous) wild-life.

____

Also, maybe an rp that follows a herd of nomadic centaurs. ☺️

The mysterious island - where characters wash up on the shores of an ‘abandoned’ island. They soon discover they cannot leave, and must work together (or not) to make a new life for themselves. Survival, mysterious ruins and abandoned settlements, as well as fighting off the islands (monstrous) wild-life.

____

Also, maybe an rp that follows a herd of nomadic centaurs. ☺️
I have posted RP's like that before ... 1x1s and group.

I’m new here, so forgive me if those have been done to death already. 😅🙈
There's no such thing as "done to death", only your version of a story that you haven't yet gotten a chance to tell.

There's no such thing as "done to death", only your version of a story that you haven't yet gotten a chance to tell.
LOL, I beg to differ. Zombies. Those have been done to death. Undeath even. Vampires. Those too.

She’s got a point, she’s an icon, she’s a legend, and she is the moment 💜
I have wanted, for years, decades even, to pull that line on someone. My only regret is that it was Mith, who does not deserve my ire in any capacity. I'm glad he was a good sport about it, though.

I have wanted, for years, decades even, to pull that line on someone. My only regret is that it was Mith, who does not deserve my ire in any capacity. I'm glad he was a good sport about it, though.
Haha. Didn’t sound like ire. More like … desire.

I had an idea for a base building, survival and community focused zombie apocalypse rp. I'm sure I could make it happen if I tried, but I never managed to sort out the details.

Actually, I've had a few community survival rps I've wanted to do that I just never get around to since I'd want to get a solid foundation for the lore and such before starting, which just doesn't happen.

Oh for real? That's hilarious xD

Which one are you craving though perchance? I'm still down to rp either of these by the way, if you want
You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do a dinosaur rp, I'm always searching for it in my pastime but to no avail XD.

Escape the high-security space prison. Characters could be from different planets which would be fun, and locked up for a variety of different reasons. Would be antagonists everywhere, from the guards to other prisoners (especially if it’s not run that well). 😅

I don’t know if I know enough about the books/games/series, but…

Kaer Morhen Overwinter
Witcher OCs spend the winter together. Talking about their hunts and dealing with (past trauma mostly) stuff. Maybe the occasional monster attacks too, who knows.

I always wanted an Advanced lit Sci-fi Rp in the Bladerunner universe.

If somebody well versed in Sci-fi would play out an open world immersive 1x1 open ended adventure...

be73ebe93046aca825637eefdb3ff07ffc3cc2d9a7cbab061b122fa5ecc3e4a0.jpg

Escape the high-security space prison. Characters could be from different planets which would be fun, and locked up for a variety of different reasons. Would be antagonists everywhere, from the guards to other prisoners (especially if it’s not run that well). 😅
Escape room type RP had been on my mind for quite awhile! I feel like they could be fun, you can add quite many flavors to it too (Infinity train, Angel of Death, Zero Escape, Backrooms...).

I've been wanting to write my own Stranger Things type of Roleplay. I'm not interested in using canonical characters or even basing it in the same universe, but I'm interested in the idea of a small town mystery with a supernatural twist involving an ensemble cast of characters from different age groups who follow different plotlines only to come together in one finale. I realize how unrealistic this is as a Roleplay, though, and I'd probably be better off writing this as a solo project, but hey. I can dream a little, can't I?

Murder mystery or any similar type of complex plot which involves a lot of scheming and setups.
Planning it with another person makes it, well, not a mystery. And us as players knowing the thing makes it harder to rp even when the characters don't know.
I still hope I can manage this one day but so far no luck.
Theoretically, you could have 3 people involved, or more. It would just have to be one person who knows the entire answer and mystery, and lead you around with clues. Then the other two try to figure it out.

I've been wanting to write my own Stranger Things type of Roleplay. I'm not interested in using canonical characters or even basing it in the same universe, but I'm interested in the idea of a small town mystery with a supernatural twist involving an ensemble cast of characters from different age groups who follow different plotlines only to come together in one finale. I realize how unrealistic this is as a Roleplay, though, and I'd probably be better off writing this as a solo project, but hey. I can dream a little, can't I?
I actually posted something along those lines recently.

used to do them more often, but short RPs involving engagements where almost everyone dies

Lol! I hadn’t heard of this. 🤣🙈 I’ll go back to my cave now.
Yes, I'm not the only one who doesn't understand a lot of pop culture references! Finally. Hello fellow caveman! Only reason I knew about Camp Cretaceous is that I have Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back