• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Weight of the World

He nodded and swallowed a bit, starting to look pale again and sweating like mad. “Sure. Same car. Same guy.” He grunted, laying back again and shutting his eyes tight against the pain going through him. “Why can’t I breathe?” He slurred

she frowned but gave his hand a squeeze. “It’s our wedding not mine. You have to pick the cake.” She murmured, passing him a couple tablets and took a couple herself then got settled so she could sleep through the flight.

Max frowned as he started to struggle with his breathing and pressed the call button multiple times before she sent her father off to find someone

JD chuckled some and gave a nod "Oh alright alright, I'll help with everything but you find a few venues you like and we'll look at them together." He said softly before he let her fall asleep

He groaned some and looked over at her gripping at her hand desperately. “What did it hit?” He wheezed out as w few people came into the room to check up on him and he stayed gripping Max’s hand getting scared.

She managed to sleep through til they were about to land and leaned up against JD, slipping her arms around one of his for the rest of the flight seeing as he was awake again and watching a movie on his iPad.

Max frowned and whimpered quietly "Two shots to the gut." She whispered not letting go of his hand at all.

JD looked over at Carmen as she woke up smiling some "Hey beautiful, you have a good nap?" He asked raising an eyebrow at her

She grumbled a little and gently presssed her finger to his lips "Not awake yet." She mumbled, burying her face into his shoulder for a little bit longer until they had landed at the airport and she sat up some more, looking over at him, "I'm really hungry... Are we going straight to your Dad's place or to see him at the hospital?" She asked him quietly, stretching out while they waited to be allowed to get up. "If you want me there when you see him that is... It's up to you obviously." she murmured.

He groaned in pain, gripping at her desperately as they explained that the trajectory of the bullets meant they ended up both piercing his lung and they were having trouble keeping him stable enough for it to heal, a quick check over determined that it had collapsed again and they let Max stay with him as they put in another chest tube, leaving him to rest after while he was laying back exhausted and just staring at her "You look like shit." He mumbled, really looking at her this time in the quiet of them having privacy with each other.

Max nodded some and waited to speak until they left. She gave a small laugh and nodded some "Well I haven't really left you side unless my father made me." She murmured wqtching him worriedly "Sarah has been here too...I haven't seen your son though." She explained quietly

JD gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "No I want you there with me, I want him to meet you." He explained before he got up once they were aloud to and took a quick restroom break before they got off the plane.

He smiled tiredly at her, tugging on her hand. "Come home.... Please." he murmured, "Cause I'm not gonna do this job again... if I can't have you.." He mumbled, closing his eyes as he got worn out but he was still awake "Please... Clearly... you can't go... back to Danny." He mumbled, starting to pass out from lack of energy.

She nodded and got off with him, waiting with their bags while he went to the restroom, texting her brother to let him know they'd landed safely before he came out and she took his hand, heading through to get their bags and a quick security check before they headed out to arrivals, "Slow down a little, my little legs can't keep up with your long ones." She told him as she was rushing as fast as she could to keep up while he walked quickly to the end of the barrier

Max moved to lay next to him and shook her head some "I'm not going anywhere Jon, I'm right here with you." she said quietly kissing his cheek gently before giving a soft sigh "My father will be dealing with Danny, he has not taken this lightly at all." she murmured before she stroked his cheek gently "Rest my dear, you need it."

JD made his way out with her trying to quickly get to the entrance so they could meet his sister there. He chuckled some when he saw how she was struggling to keep up and slowed his pace a bit "Sorry.. I just want to get to my sister quick. She insisted on picking us up." he explained to her as they walked.

She smiled a little, "Does she have a partner or kids or anything?" She asked him curiously once they got to the entrance and she felt the warmth of a California winter compared to a New York one.

He gave her hand a squeeze in response and fell asleep again holding her hand. This time he was out for almost 24 hours and the next time he woke up, Sarah was back in there and she had Jack with her but max was nowhere to be seen. "Hey there.... You okay?" He asked her quietly, smiling at her as much as he could while Jack was distracted by cartoons on the TV.

JD nodded some "Yeah she has a husband and two kids. Boy and girl." he murmured sighing happily as he felt the California warmth hit him "God I have missed this weather." he murmured holding her hand tight as he saw his sister there "There she is..." he murmured taking a deep breath starting to get nervous.

Sarah frowned softly when she saw Jon wake up sighing softly "Hey.....I'm alright, how are you?" she asked squeezing his hand gently "Your lady friend left to get some food and shower." she explained holding his hand not letting it go "I just wish you were out of here."

He frowned some and watched her "They said there's been complications with keeping my body stable enough to heal... They mentioned surgery to repair the lung if it collapses again." He mumbled tiredly, rubbing his face a little "How's our little bean doing?" He asked, looking over at his son and smiling a little.

Carmen nodded, smiling some, "It's nice out here." She murmured, following him over there.

Lucia stood up when she finally saw them come out, a little surprised he'd brought Carmen with him as he hadn't told her he would but she smiled and walked over, hugging him tightly "Oh my god Jorge, look at you, do you live at a gym?" She asked him chuckling some and pulled back, turning to face Carmen and smiled some "Hi, nice to meet you." She shook hands with her before taking them to the car "I figured you would want to get set up at Dad's place, you can use his car while you're here too, but once your stuff is down you should come see him, he took nanother turn last night, he's not doing good." She explained and drove them to their old family home.

JD gave a smile when he saw his sister and hugged her tight chuckling some "Yeah had to beef up for the New York bad guys." he said before he frowned hearing about his father "Alright that sounds fine....I'll um...I'll make sure to see him." he murmured squeezing Carmen's hand as he took her to the car

Sarah frowned when he mentioned surgery and sighed heavily "You'll be okay...I know it." she said softly smiling happily as she pushed some hair from Jack's face "He has been good, asking about you." she said softly before she pulled out the picture he had drawn "Jack honey, you want to give daddy your drawing?"

Carmen was quiet the whole way, still trying to get a grip on her own nerves after everything that happened but right now wasn't about her so she was keeping to herself until they got to the house and she gave JD's hand a tight squeeze, kissing his cheek and got out with him, waiting for him to lead the way and went inside with him once they opened the door, following him around quietly and let him take her up to his old room, raising an eyebrow when she saw that it was like walking into a time travelling machine.

"Dad never wanted to change your room, always said it was your space not up to him." She explained to him and left them to privacy again once she set their bags by the door for them.

He just nodded a little and smiled over at his little boy who had finally pulled himself away from the TV and Jon gently pat the spot next to him on the side he didn't have a chest tube in "Hey kiddo, what did you draw then?" He asked him, letting him cuddle in close while Jon lay back again watching him.

JD chuckled softly as he saw how his room hadn't been touched giving Carmen's hand a squeeze "Well uh...this is my old room." he murmured pulling her to sit down with him for a minute "Are you okay? You've been very quiet. Please talk to me babe." he said quietly kissing her knuckles repeatedly

Jack smiled happily and moved to sit with his dad cuddling close "I draw you and me and mommy at a picnic." he said happily showing his the drawing he had made for him "Daddy when you get home can we have a picnic at the park?"

She nodded and smiled at him, "I'm okay, just processing still and right now, I can process quietly, we're here to help you." She reminded him, kissing his cheek, glancing at his walls and just watching him some, enjoying the little bit of time resting before they got up to get going to go visit his Dad. "You want me to drive?" She asked him as they headed to the car.

He smiled and watched him, "Oh that's a good picute, yeah I think we can do that buddy, long as it's nice out." He smiled, resting his head backj and running out of energy. already, smiling tiredly at Jack and drifted off again nwith Jack snuggled to his side again.

JD gave a small nod glancing around but shook his head some "No I can drive there I'm alright." He murmured holding her hand as he got up to take her to the car

Max came in seeing Jack and Jon sleeping in the room. She sat down and looked over at Sarah frowning some "Hello...how is he doing?" She asked softly

She frowned but nodded and followed him out, getting in the front seat with him, running a hand through her hair and tying it back, "You wanna get In'n Out for dinner?" She asked him smiling a little. "I haven't had it in years."

She frowned and looked over at her, "Nurse came in a little bit ago... He's still not healing... He was shot once before, right when he started as a cop. Got hit in the chest and it tore him up, same lung has ben damaged so they're talking surgery to fix it." She explained quietly.

JD chuckled softly and gave a small nod "Mmm I can get down with that, definitely sounds good." He murmured as he started to drive to the hospital taking a deep shaky breath as his nerves started to get to him

Max nodded some and gave a heavy sigh "Lets just hope it fixes this." She whispered holding his hand in hers

Jon woke up later into the evening next and looked over at Max, sweating like mad again and frowned "Hey... Sarah take Jack home?" He asked her, his vision a little blurry

She frowned and gave his shoulder a squeeze, staying quiet for him but right next to him once they arrived, holding his hand while they went to ask about what his room number was.

Max gave a nod and pressed a cool towel to his head seeing him sweat "Yeah she did." She murmured kissing his cheek softly before she pressed the call button to have a nurse look over him

JD got to his father's room once he was given the room number and took a shaky breath before he went inside "Hey pops.." he whispered as he got in the room

He groaned a little watching her still. "You doing okay?... How's Dex?" He asked quietly, relaxing a little under her touch.

Carmen held his hand tightly and gave it one last squeeze before they went in.

José looked over at the door when he heard his son's voice for the first time in years. "Jorge.... I didn't think you were gonna make it down here... Come, sit down... This must be the girlfriend your sister told me you have." He told them quietly. "Weak hearts don't do well on years of smoking and drinking." He told him quietly.

Max smiled softly at him and shrugged "I'm alright, Dex is good. My brother has him for the time being." She said softly while keeping an eye on his monitors

JD frowned some as he looked at his father and gave a small nod "Yeah I um....I wanted to be here." He murmured softly before he brought Carmen over "Well actually, she is my fianceé now, Carmen this is my father." He said quietly as he sat beside his bed.

He frowned and went quiet, gripping at her hand a little tighter and his nurse coming into the room for his next check, quickly paging his doctor though to come see him when she noted the turn he'd taken again "We're gonna get him in for surgery soon as possible. He's not going to recover without it." She told Max quietly.

Carmen gave JD's shoulder a supportive squeeze once he sat down and she pulled the other chair around to sit by him for a few minutes before standing up, "I'm gonna go get a drink, you want one love? José can I get you anything?" She asked but just noded when they both waved her off and she left them to some privacy.

He watched her go before turning to his son and frowned "You did good... Got yourself a beautiful woman, made yourself a fantastic career and I can't take any credit for how you turned out... Not after how you spent your teenage years... I just wanted you to come down so I ... so I could say... I'm sorry and if ... I could go back and change it.... I would do it all again better.... Be stronger for you... and your sister... after your mother... passed away." He told him, running out of energy towards the end. "I'm proud of you Jorge." He told him as he fell asleep.

Max whimpered some and gave a small nod as they prepped him for everything "Alright thank you." She said before she looked at Jon "When you get out of here I'm taking you home and we're going to start our life together okay? Just you and me."

JD frowned as he listened to his father and quickly wiped his eyes shaking his head some "Dad don't....I should have been here. I'm sorry I was shit at keeping in contact you did everything you could for us and I let a fight and my pride keep me away." He said quietly before he took his father's hand and just cried quietly

He frowned w little, just feeling out of it while he watched her, squeezing her hand as much as he could in response, not really able to focus at all until they were taking him out of the room and moving him down the hall.

carmen stayed away for a little while longer before going back in, passing JD a water bottle even if he hadn’t asked for one, kissing his cheek. “You doing okay?” She asked him quietly, rubbing his chest in slow circles to comfort him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back