• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Wedding Bells - Exalted 3e OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
OOC Random Word just saved Psy from her botch with that success she's giving out. Just waiting on WlfSamurai WlfSamurai for his roll.

At the moment, Jaydude is going to have an external penalty of -1 on all your die rolls and DVs, Psychie is at a -3, and Random Word has no penalty.
Is my Virtuous Guardian of Flame affected by this mist?

Good thinking to remember that. No, it is an automation-spirit, and is not affected by the magic.

Can Kemuning's wingbeats pushing the mist back grant Kasumi and Moretta some extra dice or an extra success to help bring down the penalties?

Can Kemuning's wingbeats pushing the mist back grant Kasumi and Moretta some extra dice or an extra success to help bring down the penalties?
Hmmm. I'll give you that one. That drops Kasumi's penalty to a 0, and Moretta to just a -2.

Not a worry. You also made your target number, so you have no penalties to your future rolls. IC post will be up soon.

Can you guys help me with a rule? Maybe Mr. Random Word Random Word ? I have Elemental Aegis and Elemental Sheath. I have to have my anima going to get my weapon and armor "out" of them, right? Can you give me a crash course on how the anima works for that? Can I just pump motes into the Charms to get them? Or how do I get my anima to the right spot?

You don't need your anima going, you just need a sizable source of your element. Which is... Fire. So you need a bonfire, a brazier, a torch, etc. Just stunt one into existence on deck, or the means to create one. Or maybe use Moretta's Virtuous Guardian of Flame.

The only way to get your anima to flare is to spend motes on Charms. I don't think you can just burn motes for the sake of boosting your anima rules as written, though the ST could definitely rule that's a thing.

You don't need your anima going, you just need a sizable source of your element. Which is... Fire. So you need a bonfire, a brazier, a torch, etc. Just stunt one into existence on deck, or the means to create one. Or maybe use Moretta's Virtuous Guardian of Flame.

The only way to get your anima to flare is to spend motes on Charms. I don't think you can just burn motes for the sake of boosting your anima rules as written, though the ST could definitely rule that's a thing.
Huh… that is… interesting.

Your anima certainly does satisfy the requirement of 'a large source of your element' when it's flaring, it being a big bonfire and all. Just don't set the ship on fire.

Your anima certainly does satisfy the requirement of 'a large source of your element' when it's flaring, it being a big bonfire and all. Just don't set the ship on fire.
Well, and thinking on it now, me trying to start or find a fire source to use could also put the ship in jeopardy. I'm now wondering how useful these Charms really are...

I read them, but figured, at the time, there was some accepted way to fire (no pun intended) them off right when I needed them. In a cool anime-sort-of-way where there's shifting colors in the background and my armor and sword materialize and I'm "ready for action!"

I may have to rethink them...

Regardless, Enathia is now at a disadvantage for what's coming. She doesn't have her weapon or armor. All finish my post and roll JB.

You can say that there is a lit torch on the ship that you can reach your hands into and get your weapon and armor.

Yeah, reading it again, it's clear I can spend a level of anima to banish or retrieve it. So, you know, when you're NOT on a ship that can burn down, spend some motes on other Charms and then spend anima to retrieve them.

You did 4i damage to them, gaining 5i for your own initiative totals.
Are these Battlegroups, or something special? If they're Battlegroups of 6 pirates each, then they don't grant or lose initiative when struck, they just take damage straight to their HLs. You still get 1i for a successful withering attack against them.
Which group were you targeting? The one on fire, or the one missing a face?
The ones leaping across, as opposed to the ones currently on fire.

Are these Battlegroups, or something special? If they're Battlegroups of 6 pirates each, then they don't grant or lose initiative when struck, they just take damage straight to their HLs. You still get 1i for a successful withering attack against them.
I was just running them as groups of skilled mortals, not as battle groups.
The ones leaping across, as opposed to the ones currently on fire.
Ok. Just making sure.

Oh! Interesting. It's going to take a long time to go through the build up initiative -> decisive cycle for 12 mortals, but half of them are on fire anyway, so it works out well. Yay Moretta! In that case, ignore the bit where I said 13L, Kemuning just did 13i damage to one mortal, and presumably didn't actually eat him at all. Uh, in hindsight that stunt was all sorts of wrong. In reality Kemuning just very badly inconvenienced one poor mortal, who is now very crashed.

With it being mortals, and having so few of you affected by the mist, these extras are being picked off quickly enough that the fight is in no way in doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back