• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Wedding Bells - Exalted 3e OOC thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kinda been neglecting this one a bit, I feel. I'll try and get a post out tomorrow.

Sherwood Sherwood Is there any chance of me being able to make an Int + Lore roll to try and identify if the king has been poisoned instead of just getting old naturally?

Since you don't have Medicine, you can roll, but the level of difficulty will be higher.

I'll go ahead and add 10m of Personal Essence to get +5 auto successes to my roll with Careful Insight-Gathering Study.

Cost: 2m per success; Mins: Lore 1, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Air, Balanced, Excellency
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
Breathing deep of the world’s Essence, the Dragon-Blood pronounces her wisdom with impeccable clarity. She may add automatic successes to a Lore roll for two motes each. In addition, if she adds 2+ successes on a roll to introduce or challenge a fact (Exalted, pp. 237-238), she doubles 9s on the roll.

This gives me a total of 7 successes.

Hmm. I don't know if I necessarily want to wait for Roland to pop his clogs and things to kick off. I think I'd prefer to take the initiative and nip at least some of the issues in the bud.

I wasn't able to parse that one - you mean you don't want to wait until the king dies to start solving problems? That sounds sensible to me.

I'm uncertain whether Melati even wants to save the king's life. The sooner he dies, the sooner Arissa comes to power. As a Dynast, Melati certainly believes Arissa can run the nation far better than any mortal man. She wants to tick all the boxes and tie up all the loose ends such that when the king dies, the transition to Arissa is smooth and harmonious.

I wasn't able to parse that one - you mean you don't want to wait until the king dies to start solving problems? That sounds sensible to me.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. My understanding is that shit generally hits the fan when a monarch dies.

I'm uncertain whether Melati even wants to save the king's life. The sooner he dies, the sooner Arissa comes to power. As a Dynast, Melati certainly believes Arissa can run the nation far better than any mortal man. She certainly wants to tick all the boxes and tie up all the loose ends such that when the king dies, the transition to Arissa is smooth and harmonious.
That's certainly an interesting way of looking at it. ;D

IC post is forthcoming; I just have a lot of crap to do today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back