• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy War of the Dragons (A High Fantasy Medieval RP) (Closed)

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
1332, 2nd of the Lupine Moon

Byrne is in chaos. Ravaged by years of external war, and a brutal three front conflict, it must now face a threat from within. A group of rebels, led by the exiled daughter of the late King Hareth, has returned to retake her rightful throne from her cousin, King Darius the Just. Given the right to rule by the father, the renegade Queen was denied her birthright after Darius claimed a woman has no right to the throne, and that she would not be able to stop the encroaching orc horde. Soon enough, the nobles of Byrne all agreed, and crowned Darius king. His hot temper and war mongering soon caused Byrne to be beset on several fronts, engulfing the continent in warfare, all while a greater threat looms on the horizon. A dark tide is rising in the east, an evil long forgotten finally coming to extinguish all life. If the war doesn't end soon, there will be no throne to sit upon. Simply bones and ash...

Hiya guys! I've been craving something high fantasy, involving knights and magic and such. Be warned: this is not your typical noblebright, good guys killing bad guys setting. Yes, there are paladin's and clerics, and even objectively good and evil beings, but people are still people. Orcs aren't mindless savages, goblins aren't all evil, etc. Just because you're a paladin doesn't make you a good person by default. This will have a mostly dark tone, dealing with medieval problems mixed in with the latent magic of the setting. Just because there's magic than can cure a plague doesn't mean there's the manpower to cure everyone. Plus, why would a cleric cure a bunch of unwashed peasants with no money when they can cure the local Lord and be rewarded with silver? I'm looking for a decent number of players that have a good knowledge of medieval culture and such. You don't have to be a history nerd, by any means, but don't expect to be able to make a gay character without there being concequences if anyone finds out. The Middle Ages sucks, and I won't sugarcoat it. Anyways, with that out of the way, the roles!

So, here are the roles that absolutely 100% must be filled by someone. They pretty much drive the plot, and as such, make sure you plot with everyone else! This is a character driven RP, after all. You can claim four characters each, just be ready to deal with that many characters. Most characters will be humans, though occasionally you might find a half elf or half orc.

Rebels:
The Renegade Queen: laceanddoodles laceanddoodles
War Marshall: Taken by Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Lord's/Lady's: 4/5 Open (More may be added later as the rebellion grows) KStrausser KStrausser Peckinou Peckinou ThisUsernameIsALie ThisUsernameIsALie alabast alabast
Knights: 1/6 Open (Same as above) Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire
Mercenaries, soldiers, wizards, clerics, etc (Everyone else, basically. If you want to make an assassin, it's available. ) : Pysren Pysren

The Loyalist's:
The Just King: Taken by Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
War Marshall: First Rose First Rose
Lord's/Lady's: 2/5 Open (Again, more may be added) Dumplingboy Dumplingboy Scavenger Scavenger
Knights: 0/6 Open
Mercenaries, soldiers, wizards, clerics, etc (Everyone else, basically. If you want to make an assassin, it's available. ) : Pysren Pysren

That's about it! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask! I'm open to ideas and such. This is really an RP built by everyone involved. I have a basic idea of the layout of everything, but say you want to have the lands to the north of the kingdom to be ruled by former raiders from beyond the sea, now pledged to the crown, go for it! The world is your oyster.

OOC: Fantasy - War of the Dragons OOC

CS: Fantasy - War of the Dragons CS

Last edited:
oooo i like it. I was wondering if i could have a lady spot for the King. and a second character if that is allowed.

Interested. Usually I go for the assassin role but I’ll try something different this time and pick cleric.

oooo i like it. I was wondering if i could have a lady spot for the King. and a second character if that is allowed.
Great! And yes, a second character is allowed!

Interested. Usually I go for the assassin role but I’ll try something different this time and pick cleric.
Nice! Glad to hear it!

Doubling allowed?
Yep, you can double! Quadruple, to be exact.

Could a Dragoon fill a Knight spot?
What's your idea, exactly?

Ah, alright. That can definitely work! Dragons used to be incredibly widespread, but over the years they were hunted down, and now only a select few survive. There's also two types of dragon's: chromatic and metallic dragons. Chromatic dragons are the typical evil dragon's, while metallic dragon's are "good" dragons. Just because they're good doesn't mean a good dragon's gonna go down to save a village being ravaged by hunger, unless by a whim.

Also, something I'd like to add: the bottom roles are for pretty much everyone else. So if you want to play an Assassin, that's who you'd claim. It's more for those below knight's in the hierarchy. That doesn't mean you can't be an assassin, but not a noble, or be a wizard and not a noble. Sorry if it wasn't clear!

Ah, alright. That can definitely work! Dragons used to be incredibly widespread, but over the years they were hunted down, and now only a select few survive. There's also two types of dragon's: chromatic and metallic dragons. Chromatic dragons are the typical evil dragon's, while metallic dragon's are "good" dragons. Just because they're good doesn't mean a good dragon's gonna go down to save a village being ravaged by hunger, unless by a whim.
What’s the difference in abilities between the two and are their still dragon related creatures around.

I’d like to claim a knight for the renegade queen

Chromatic dragon's follow traditional D&D abilities: they have different breaths depending on their color, and all have latent spellcasting. The same goes for metallic dragons. And there are still dragonkin around in decent numbers. Dragonborn, wyvern's, and the like still exist.

And yay! I'll lay the claim for ya!

Would my character be allowed to have a familiar? Like a magical creature that she can summon, I won't make it op, but if I do go through with making a cleric the familiar will be the only thing my char would use to fight since she/he themselves will have little to no fighting prowess.

But ofc it's up to u in the end, just want to make sure it'd fit in the lore of this world.

This sounds like a really cool Idea, two questions. First what magical races exist in this world? Second is the renegade queen side very #Noble or are they more willing to do whatever they can to get her throne back?

Magical races do exist, though some have become rare. Elves exist in the thousands, as most of them either died or disappeared into the Feywild. The dwarves usually just keep to themselves, and have only a few strongholds left. Halflings and gnomes are most common, besides orcs. The rarest race is the dragonborn, and you may go your entire life without seeing a single one. And while I'm thinking the Queen has good intentions, that doesn't mean everyone on her side is good. Some genuinely believe in her, some think the same but are ruthless, and some are just in it for the money and status.

Magical races do exist, though some have become rare. Elves exist in the thousands, as most of them either died or disappeared into the Feywild. The dwarves usually just keep to themselves, and have only a few strongholds left. Halflings and gnomes are most common, besides orcs. The rarest race is the dragonborn, and you may go your entire life without seeing a single one. And while I'm thinking the Queen has good intentions, that doesn't mean everyone on her side is good. Some genuinely believe in her, some think the same but are ruthless, and some are just in it for the money and status.

Awesome, I'll probable play as an elf as a lord if that is possible. Provisionally I'll go with the king but that might have to change depending on the type of people who appear on both sides.

omg im so slow we can have four characters?!?! *opens up word docs and flips through characters*

I'd like to claim a spot for knight under the Queen. This account is really new lol, but if it helps I've been rping for a couple of years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back