• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Villmont College for Witches OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Oh, yea. Pthenora Pthenora , I also had some questions I asked a couple of pages back about what their school schedule should look like. Are they expected to take a class every period, for instance? Because unless we're starting on the weekend, the schedule is going to have an impact on our interactions if we start any time before the end of classes.
Sorry but this is too detailed. The classes aren't the focus of this story. How about I make a new schedule that's less 'hard' if this example is too much for your character? But right now I have barely half an hour to get ready so I can't do much but check my notifs or risk going to work without breakfast... sorry for my grumpy moon :S I really am not like this, its just that I am not a morning person :S

I don't know since I thought it would be better for people if they got to decide but if you want I can do it in a random way. But since there are only three guys you can be in a room with three roommates? Or one could be in a single room while two are roommates?

Okay, cool. For some reason, I thought it was going to be random. I'm cool either way. :)

So Pastry Pastry Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha , what do you think? Any ideas?

like I said earlier it's more of a little extra thing that represents who the characters are.
Then something that's apart of the roleplay.

like mine is top in academics and takes six electives.
while yours might only take one or two so some of the elective periods might be used as break periods.
cosowarrior cosowarrior

Sorry but this is too detailed. The classes aren't the focus of this story. How about I make a new schedule that's less 'hard' if this example is too much for your character? But right now I have barely half an hour to get ready so I can't do much but check my notifs or risk going to work without breakfast... sorry for my grumpy moon :S I really am not like this, its just that I am not a morning person :S

Sorry, I don't mean to distract you from what you're doing or anything. You can totally answer whenever you feel like it.

I get that the classes aren't the focus. That's not what I'm getting at. I'm more worried that if we start in the morning on a weekday, it would have to be before 8:30, while if we start at lunch, they'll only have 30 minutes of free time to interact. So I was wondering if the schedules were more flexible, then the characters would be more likely to have the opportunity to interact freely. I'm not worried so much about the classes themselves so much as the logistics of it.

How about we do it this way: classes are 45 minutes long between each are 5 minutes break to get from class to class, at 10 am is the first break 30 minutes and at 12 could be lunch that would last 30 minutes? Would that be better? I can still make a schedule if needed.

you already responded to this but I'm gonna post my idea anyways

While in roleplay time isn't exactly the same as real time. A day of us roleplaying could possibly only be like 5-10 minutes in their time. Then it would time skip to after classes where they have like seven hours of interactions if curfew is at 10. Not including if they stay out past curfew.

I believe most of our interactions will occur in the seven ish hours after classes

While in roleplay time isn't exactly the same as real time. A day of us roleplaying could only be like 5-10 minutes in their time.

Yes, I am well aware. xD What I mean is, unless they're gonna skip class (which is totally plausible), they're not gonna go on any excursions if we start any time before 3 on a school day. So our interactions may be limited.

But since they don't have to keep a full schedule, that does open things up.

But there is also the factor which the gm has mentioned before where the hours in which students can leave the school are Tuesday, Friday and Saturday between 4-8 pm.

But there is also the factor which the gm has mentioned before where the hours in which students can leave the school are Tuesday, Friday and Saturday between 4-8 pm.

Should we start on one of those days some time after 4, then? So that students are free to leave if they want?

As long as they already informed the headmistress and such-
We'll see what Pthenora says when she gets back- Friday sounds like a good day.
The time of my post is at four so even if she decides against it we are still out of class

Anastasia Bextiyar ( Miracleist Miracleist ) I think Astrid and Anastasia would have like a neutral relationship just like the usual classmates that don’t have problems with each other.

Oof! UnFortunately, Astrid has shadow magic, which is too cool for Anastasia to ignore, so the latter will definitely be following real closely... :lenny:

Should we start on one of those days sometime after 4, then? So that students are free to leave if they want?
You do know that I said people tend to sneak out of school? So it doesn't matter which day it is in the RP but yeah if you want it can be one of the days where they can leave school. Or they can just interact on school grounds, go explore school surroundings and so on it's up to you. I will make my character sneak off to meet someone Violet wanted to go on a date with when she went missing (I will occasionally post 'narrative posts' about what happened at some point in the past that's related to the story and isn't in the perspective of a character so you will slowly find out more about the things that have and still are going on.) and after meeting him she will go to classes (where I will time skip to the end of classes) and text the girls from the coven to tell them she met the guy Violet wanted to go on a date the day she went missing. Or at least that's what I planned to do.

Okay, cool. For some reason, I thought it was going to be random. I'm cool either way. :)

So Pastry Pastry Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha , what do you think? Any ideas?

I was thinking we could do three a room, I also pulled up a couple of ideas on what the dorms look like. For the three-person a dorm, it could be as bunk beds, with desks connecting. It could be two separate twin beds for the girls.

Another Idea I had was since it's magic-related, it could be doors next to each other very close, but when the characters walk into their room, it opens up to be a large apartment, like the tents in Harry Potter.
hallway.jpg
Like this, but the doors are practically touching, and it opens up to be an apartment like so-
three bedroom apartment.jpg

There is also an Idea like in Sabrina the Teenage Witch, that I am OBSESSED with right now, that the beds are in a circle, or in a satanic star, which can be similar to Harry Potter, and they'd all have to share the same room. More Drama, more boy gossip, more dialogue too. We can do the same for the boys, just rp around the other boys, ex.

"There were about ten of them, in each dorm. All having a bed, chest, nightstand and hook, destined for each of their belongings. Caleb felt like the boys in here would soon become his friends, or his enemies." -

harry potter dorm room.jpg

Along with the circular dorm room, there is a space that opens up to be a bathroom, with a private shower for each girl. Same for the boys.

"There was a door, labeled "Baths". The word was drawn out on chalk that couldn't be rubbed off and marked for other purposes. As the door opened up, a long hallway, five doors on each side were placed with white tile and black striped along the blue shower doors. The Villmont College crest was printed into each door, and the doors would easily lock with their separate incantation. Each wall to the right of the door had the students' names and incantations printed on the wall, and once the incantation was said and memorized, the print would disappear. If you ever forget your incantation, it will always reappear. This spell was in place after the second years had begun about of shower pranking, soon ending when they mistook a girls shower for a teacher's."

college shower .png

These are all thoughts and suggestions.

What do you think, Pthenora Pthenora ?

Attachments

• three person dorm 1.jpg
    three person dorm 1.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 1
Wow, that looks great, Pastry Pastry !
You won't have to worry about the 3-person dorm room, though. I messaged Pthenora ealier -- I'm withdrawing from the RP.

Have fun, all! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back