• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Villmont College for Witches OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I based it on my college class schedule
Except I have seven periods

Plus it's not like classes are the main focus anyways

Wow, really? That sounds kind of rough. :xFtongue: At the universities I've attended/am familiar with, the schedules aren't so rigorous (as in, we aren't taking back-to-back classes for 8 hours, no set periods). I don't think I ever had more than 4 classes in a single day, or more than 6 classes per semester. But my experience is limited to American colleges.

Last edited:
if i had that many classes a semester i would have jumped in front of oncoming traffic long ago
high school was brutal enough

Lol. I guess it helps that the classes are only an hour long, but I shudder to think of all the homework...
i've got some lectures that are 1.5 hours and that's already one hell of a mental strain hahaha
witches don't have a social life with that many classes considering if you don't study you could literally like set someone on fire

i've got some lectures that are 1.5 hours and that's already one hell of a mental strain hahaha

Ah man, saaame. Luckily I'm at the point in my academic career now that I only need to take two of them at a time, and they're each only twice a week, on different days. But some days are such a drag!

Next semester I'll have two of these classes on the same days, but then three days a week I won't have classes at all. I'm not sure whether I'll love it or hate it, haha.

cosowarrior cosowarrior Depending on our major and how rigorous it could be, you could end up with classes back to back over an 8 hour period lol. I know that next semester I'll be in classes from 9:30 am to 6:15 pm back to back with a small 4o min break after Class 1. And that's only with 5 classes (already dying on the inside)

cosowarrior cosowarrior Depending on our major and how rigorous it could be, you could end up with classes back to back over an 8 hour period lol. I know that next semester I'll be in classes from 9:30 am to 6:15 pm back to back with a small 4o min break after Class 1. And that's only with 5 classes (already dying on the inside)

RIP. That sounds awful!

Lol. I wouldn't call my major a walk in a park, but I have heard that Nursing majors at my undergrad institution and Law students at my current one tend to have quite the overwhelming schedule. I'm glad I didn't have to suffer quite like that. 🙃

Okay. So I know that classes aren't supposed to be of much consequence in this RP, but I'm sure it'll come up at some point, so it's probably worth trying to understand how this is supposed to work (especially since this college functions so differently from what I'm accustomed to). So a few questions:
  1. How many years is a typical program?
  2. Do they have majors and earn a degree?
  3. Is that schedule THE class schedule, or an example schedule? How does it work with students choosing their own classes? Are they expected to take a class every hour?
  4. What kind of classes do upperclassmen take? I imagine with 10+ classes a semester, they start running out of options pretty quickly. Do any of these classes have upper-level counterparts?
  5. Is everyone expected to eventually take every class? (This kind of ties into Q2-4)
  6. Does anyone work? This is kind of just a side question, as I don't intend to give Ezekai a job. =P But, like... Do students typically get jobs?

I assume

Main classes are usually called that because they are required to be taken

While electives are called that because you can choose which ones to take

Lol. I wouldn't call my major a walk in a park, but I have heard that Nursing majors at my undergrad institution and Law students at my current one tend to have quite the overwhelming schedule. I'm glad I didn't have to suffer quite like that. 🙃

Okay. So I know that classes aren't supposed to be of much consequence in this RP, but I'm sure it'll come up at some point, so it's probably worth trying to understand how this is supposed to work (especially since this college functions so differently from what I'm accustomed to). So a few questions:
  1. How many years is a typical program?
  2. Do they have majors and earn a degree?
  3. Is that schedule THE class schedule, or an example schedule? How does it work with students choosing their own classes? Are they expected to take a class every hour?
  4. What kind of classes do upperclassmen take? I imagine with 10+ classes a semester, they start running out of options pretty quickly. Do any of these classes have upper-level counterparts?
  5. Is everyone expected to eventually take every class? (This kind of ties into Q2-4)
  6. Does anyone work? This is kind of just a side question, as I don't intend to give Ezekai a job. =P But, like... Do students typically get jobs?
It's just an example, of course different years will have different schedules and the last years will have a few less classes (sorry for the vague answer I am in a hurry since I gotta get ready for work, I will answer in more detail as soon as I can)

I assume

Exactly just that a third year might not need the same classes as a first year does :) anyway gotta go and talk to you (maybe tomorrow since I have a crazy busy day today)

The classes also aren't every hour there are two breaks included. In the example

And classes only go till 3:15 (which at least for me is quite early)

I assume

Well, yes, sort of, but that typically depends on your major, doesn't it? So, it may be a 'main' class because it's a requirement, it would only be required for those who are taking a specific sequence. If, that is, that's how this school work. But it sounds like they all eventually have to take all of the main courses, so I guess majors aren't a thing here?

Last edited:
The classes also aren't every hour there are two breaks included. In the example

And classes only go till 3:15 (which at least for me is quite early)

I didn't mean literally every hour. XD Sorry if that was ambiguous..? What I mean is that there is at least one class within every hour there, within the 8:30-3:15 day. I asked because if that was THE schedule for the semester (which I now know it isn't), it wasn't clear to me what would happen if someone wasn't taking a particular class that semester. Or whether it's required for every student to take that many classes, or if that's just what a schedule would look like if they simply chose to.

Hey, I made my selections for Caleb. These classes can benefit Caleb's magic use since it can help him with psychologically confusing the mind and help manipulate it.

Main Classes
-
Chemistry
- Magic Class
- Potions
- Herbology
- History of Witchcraft

Electives
- Psychology
- Advanced Potion Making
- Magic Cooking
- Sociology
- Horseback Riding

I think like for the classes it's just like a little something that represents what our characters are like.
Rather than something important that needs to be hashed out in detail

Seeing as classes aren't really going to be included in the roleplay

I think like for the classes it's just like a little something that represents what our characters are like.
Rather than something important that needs to be hashed out in detail

Seeing as classes aren't really going to be included in the roleplay

Agreed, I chose the classes for Caleb to make sense to his personal interests, instead of them being totally random, so he'd take interest in the things he's learning, and have it make sense in his dialogue, for example, "In potions, I found this wicked potion where you can make the user feel a sense of euphoria, they get high-off-this-potion! It's mine, forever."

Horseback riding was random though.

Lol. I wouldn't call my major a walk in a park, but I have heard that Nursing majors at my undergrad institution and Law students at my current one tend to have quite the overwhelming schedule. I'm glad I didn't have to suffer quite like that.

I'm a nurse. I went to a trade type school, and at first I went to classes from 5:30-10:30 4/5 nights a week, and then started clinicals on the weekends (usually every weekend) from about 5am to 4pm or so.
Then I switched to days and classes were from 8 to about 5:30 in the evening, and we had clinicals during the week, same timeframe as before.

I'm a nurse. I went to a trade type school, and at first I went to classes from 5:30-10:30 4/5 nights a week, and then started clinicals on the weekends (usually every weekend) from about 5am to 4pm or so.
Then I switched to days and classes were from 8 to about 5:30 in the evening, and we had clinicals during the week, same timeframe as before.

So, for that 8am-5:30 frame, did you do clinicals instead of classes during 5am-4pm? I ask because one of my characters' mom is supposed to be a nurse, so I've always been curious about how the schooling goes. How much time is typically divided between classes and work?

So, for that 8am-5:30 frame, did you do clinicals instead of classes during 5am-4pm? I ask because one of my characters' mom is supposed to be a nurse, so I've always been curious about how the schooling goes. How much time is typically divided between classes and work?

It just depended on the day. For example, one mod (which was 5 weeks) we went to class Mon, Wed, Fri and had clinicals Tues and Thurs. Free weekends usually for day classes (usually). It's alot. When we were in school, it was straight sitting there for 8+ hours, and clinicals are on your feet constantly moving/doing something. Then you have to think of the time you need for homework and studying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back