• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Hey hey, y'all, just a heads-up: Please have at least a WIP form of your charrie posted to the apps thread by the end of tomorrow night (roughly 25 hours from now). Those who do not will have their reservations reopened. Can't wait to see what creativity everyone brings to the table!
Hello! Apologies, but I recently got sick over the weekend, I will have my CS up by 11:59p on 9-18-23 for sure

Aviator Aviator I posted a WIP character sheet, I should be able to have it finished by today or tomorrow at the latest ^^

How would everyone feel about Laurel being the son of a scientist(a particularly nasty one), but raised by his uncle(who also doesn't know)

Reopening Subjects Eight and Twelve! Abyss Abyss Svnny Svnny You guys are more than welcome to still make forms for these roles--and I really do hope y'all decide to join--but unfortunately I'm going to have to lift the reservation.

Reopening Subjects Eight and Twelve! Abyss Abyss Svnny Svnny You guys are more than welcome to still make forms for these roles--and I really do hope y'all decide to join--but unfortunately I'm going to have to lift the reservation.

Sorry, I was out of town for a few days with really spotty reception and I should have let you know.

Can I have one more day for a reservation and I'll have most of it posted tonight?

Hey hey y'all, just wanna check in to see how character sheets are coming along. Does anyone have questions or is stuck on anything, and do you guys think you can finish your characters up within the next few days?

Click me for the CS thread!

giphy.gif

In September 1983, Ronald Reagan is the United States president. Billy Joel tops the Billboard Hot 100, with Bonnie Tyler being a close second. The Washington Redskins prevailed over the Miami Dolphins to win the title of Super Bowl XVII. And lastly, twelve children with preternatural powers break free of a top-secret, 100% off-the-books laboratory in Hawkins, Indiana.
giphy.gif

In the midst of the never-ending Cold War against the Soviet Union, after bombs, superspies, and fearmongering propaganda have all failed to secure victory, the United States is preparing to unleash its ultimate weapon: child soldiers who can manipulate reality at its most basic form. These twelve children have numbers for names and settle playground disputes with telekinetic force. They do not know families, they do not know friends, and they do not know firsts that haven't been forcibly taken from them. One night, during a fearsome tornado that knocks the whole town's power out, the children orchestrate an escape from Hawkins Lab, successfully breaking out and spilling into the small town beyond with no plan and no resources other than the clothes on their backs.
giphy.gif

However, unbeknownst to both the psionically-enhanced children and the residents of Hawkins, the tornado that wreaked havoc upon Hawkins was not entirely, well... natural. This tornado that contained such inexplicable power as to rip a whole through the fabric of time and space, allowing beings who are not of this world to cross over into ours. They want blood, and nothing will stop them from quenching their thirst for human flesh. Or might our ragtag team of child phenoms be able to assemble themselves into a team capable of eradicating extraterrestrial superpowers? Of course, these lab rats who've known nothing but overbright florescent lights and the stench of anesthesia won't be able to do it alone, requiring Hawkins civilians to step in.
giphy.gif

The Demon Children Psionic Supersoldiers:
One (reserved for @Walliver ): Can render themselves unseen by the naked eye and become invisible in visible spectrum. The user can move about an environment unseen by others and act without being observed. Some users can choose to let certain people see them, while staying invisible to others. This power can be used for stealth, causing chaos, and getting the upper hand against an opponent. Furthermore, all of One's senses are enhanced so that they push the upper boundaries of that which is possible for human perception. On a more advanced level, they can disappear items (including clothes) and other people from sight through touch, and they may occasionally be able to elude auditory and olfactory detection, as well.
Two (reserved for L0ck0n L0ck0n ): Is totally helpless when surrounded by normal humans. However, when surrounded by humans with preternatural powers, this individual can "steal" others' abilities for several minutes at a time, and at advanced levels, may be able to wield several powers at a time. Those who have their abilities pirated by Two are rendered normal until they either exit a mile radius from Two or Two's concentration breaks, either of which will restore their powers.
Three (reserved for moi): Is an absolute ghost and would make an excellent burglar. With the power to render their body intangible, they can phase through solid materials, be it walls, floor, or physical attacks. They can break into buildings considered impregnable and wade through battlefields untouched. At more advanced levels, they can render items and other individuals intangible through a physical touch. At more advanced levels, Three may be able to traverse the fabric of the universe via the creation of portals, linking two unrelated destinations with only a few footsteps and effectively recreating teleportation.
Four: Can generate various types of illusions, from sensory and mental to external and environmental. At its peak, this ability can be used to not only create images, but also simulate a wide variety of environments, events, experiences, and conditions, accurately replicate different phenomena and other effects, and potentially become tangible enough to have a variable degree of influence on reality. Furthermore, at advanced levels, Four may be able to create illusory people borne of their imagination. However, illusions are only as realistic as the user's imagination is vivid, and careless oversights (such as the exclusion of shadows) may render the illusion an obvious fake.
Five (reserved for SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles ): Can transmit information from themselves to another through mental means. Moreover, Five can read the thoughts of others at will and detect the presences of other minds through extrasensory means. At more advanced levels, they can view the complete minds of their targets and manipulate their thoughts at will. With a physical touch, Five may be able to see past that which lays on the surface of their target's mind, viewing past thoughts and delving for answers to specific questions.
Six: Can control memories of oneself and others, allowing them to modify, fabricate, suppress, influence, repair, restore, erase, detect, and view them. Six can change memories to confuse, wipe away certain memories to cause amnesia, discern and provoke nostalgia, and throw the victim into a psychic vision, replaying their memory. At more advanced levels, they can even view, interact with, and manipulate dreams.
Seven: Can manipulate metal, morphing it into different shapes and moving it without physical touch. One limitation of the power is that Seven requires metal to already be present in order to manipulate it, unable to create metal of their own accord. At more advanced levels, they can manipulate the laws of physics to launch themselves through the air when ample sources of metal are present.
Eight (reserved for Svnny Svnny ): Can communicate with spirits of the deceased, summoning them as spiritual apparitions that appear as the person did during their lifetime. When given a prized possession of a deceased individual, Eight can view exactly how that person died. Eight may also be able to make "pacts" with spirits, borrowing power in exchange for a later favor... of some kind. At more advanced levels, they can control ghosts, perhaps even summoning an undead army to do their bidding.
Nine: A silver-tongued smooth-talker, Nine can perceive and manipulate others' emotions, intensifying or diminishing them as they please or warping them altogether. They have an uncanny knack for persuading, intimidating, and deceiving others, using their charismatic influence to inspire reactions of their choice in others. However, Nine cannot determine exactly what is causing another person's emotions, nor can they directly control their targets' behaviors. At more advanced levels, they may acquire mastery over their own emotions.
Ten: Armed with the power of absolute obedience, they can make anyone follow a specific command with a spoken word and sustained eye contact. Targets are powerless to resist Ten's commandments; however, this ability only works on humans (superpowered or not) and can only be used once per person. Ten must use their commandments strategically, because after commanding someone once, that person experiences no compulsion to follow later orders, nor can they command someone to do the physically impossible.
Eleven: Can produce physical copies of themselves that are identical to the original form. Depending on how many self-copies that Eleven produces, their range of control over their clones' actions and motives varies, with fewer clones being easier to control and more being... significantly... harder, to the point that they may try to sabotage Eleven's original goals. On the upside, however, Eleven can use their clones for extrasensory purposes, meaning that they can psychically see, hear, smell, and feel things secondhand through their clone's experiences. However, balancing these extrasensory perceptions with those of their original self may be tricky. Luckily though, they can vanish clones at will. At advanced levels, Eleven may be able to create clones of others, but they will have no control over others' clones and experience more difficulty vanishing them.
Twelve (reserved for Abyss Abyss ): A chameleon at heart, Twelve can shapeshift into anyone at will. However, they can only shapeshift into real-life beings whom they have visually seen, rather than just creations out of their head. Shapeshifting becomes more difficult to maintain over long periods and significant concentration devoted to other tasks. At more advanced levels, they can shapeshift into Earth animals and combine phenotypes of different beings, creating an appearance borne of multiple individuals.

giphy.gif

Rules and expectations: While it’s not required that you’ve seen the Stranger Things television show to join this RP, please be aware that it is the source material! It definitely can’t hurt to familiarize yourself with it a little bit, but we will also be willing to help out newcomers to understand the universe and its rules as necessary. On another note, please be aware that this is an advanced RP, so 3+ paragraphs per post! It’s A-okay if English isn’t your first language, but please do try your best with spelling and grammar unless it pertains to dialogue. Please be able and willing to post on the RP thread at least once every two weeks; don’t make me have to hunt you down for replies. Lastly, feel free to come up with NPCs and side plots on the fly! I love RPers who have an imagination and take initiative to keep the story rolling! For now, at least until the RP thread is launched, everyone is limited to only one psionic lab escapee child, with their age range being 14-17 years old. However, you may play as many regular Hawkins residents as you wish! Cheers, my loves, and hope to see you on the CS thread soon.
stranger-things-4-vecna-4t8udxf804nmxiy6.gif
this is an awesome idea!! would love to reserve 9

Hey hey y'all, just wanna check in to see how character sheets are coming along. Does anyone have questions or is stuck on anything, and do you guys think you can finish your characters up within the next few days?
I plan to work on my character sheet here and now! Can't guarantee every nook and cranny will get done in one evening, but it's WIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back