• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
DUSFCMvWsAAnXeB.jpg
- Barad Eithel -
"Afternoon, December 27, 600"

Moss' eyes became happy chinky when he looked back at Isa who was gaping at the great ruins, and held his hand as they passed under the cool shadow of the towering, golden-patina and rusty-brass crisscrossed roof, where small streaks of sunlight shone through broken stained glass. "One day, or maybe if all goes well with what we're about to do, do you want to stay here for a while and go exploring, Mr. Red?"

Moss dutifully ignored the ladies, and when he heard Isa growl, he looked back and in front of everybody, twisted around, cupped his cheek and then kissed him reassuringly. The scarlet dancers scoffed, some looked disappointed, others were looking at Isa as though they're better than him. But Moss only had eyes for him, and he smiled and continued holding his hand for all to see, as they made their way to Leonid's Exotic Eccentricities.

Moss nodded at Isa. "It's probably his hair potion he's using to make the grass grow. Ohhh. Oh, Isa, it's not grass, it's seaweed!" Walking on the short stone path to the tent, it was clear now that each 'blade of grass' was actually tufts of dry seaweed, standing up tall instead of wilted in the hot afternoon. Weaving between them were small schools of floating fishes, hiding away before they could catch a real glimpse; Goblin-L looked like she wanted to chase them; while Vidya restlessly looked around like she couldn't wait to get this over with.

They stepped through the tent flap and a curtain of beads and pearls jingled. Moss craned his neck up and beheld a gold and brass ruined cathedral lit by morning light with hills upon hills of . . . everything.

In front of them was a table and merchant scales, and sitting on it was a purple skinned, scarlet eyed, gold bejeweled horned, and colorfully coated tiefling with an arrow tipped purple tail. And he was painting --- no, restoring what looked like a set of old tarot cards on the table. He looked up. "Moss!"

"Leonid! Shhh! How did you know it was me?"

The Tiefling briefly turned into smoke and passed through the table, and clasped hands with Moss in a firm handshake, laughing. "Moss, Moss, Moss," he whispered, " I would recognize that horn anywhere, but I almost didn't, almost, which means that either you are wearing a terrible disguise for something not so important --- you need to spend time on these things ---- maybe a facial deformity? Or you are in a hurry?" Leonid had large tattoo of a peacock tail that stretched down from the side of his neck down his coat. His neck and the chest behind his unbuttoned collar had many small white scars.

Moss dropped his veil. "My face is not deformed. I'm actually here for a --- favor?"

Leonid had walked pass him, Isa, then bent down to look at Goblin-L who was bewildered why he was staring intently at her.

"C-Can I help ya, lanky?" she gargled in a perfect gutteral gobblegook accent.

"I have only one rule in my shop. Are you a good child or a bad child?"

"Ahhhhhhhh . . . I-I sometimes do bad things to survive?"

"Well, alright then. You shant be turned into pie." he patted her head satisfied. L looked at him like whaa? "Allow me to introduce myself everyone, properly." He went to the middle of them all, bowed, then swept his arms up. "I am Leonid Francis de Rollo von Heuston the Third, and you are in Leonid's Exotic Eccentricities! My personal collection of all the weird and wonderful of Leor! If it's hard to find, lost in history, extinct, or is just downright illegal no part of it must have survived the scourge of the Templar Inquisitors, you are in luck, friends, for you may find it here! Now, how can I help you, beautiful people?"

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa squeezed his hand, leaning on his back, and nodded excitedly as they passed the towering patina. Some of the colorful lights passing through the broken stain glass window stained his tanned shadowed face momentarily. Eyes glittering in his silent joy. “Yeah. I would like that a lot, Mare~” He purred.

His growling quietened down as Moss cupped his cheek, forcing him to break his glare. He slightly pouted, thinking that Moss wanted him to stop- Isa was so wrong~

The disguised redhead swooned, lids fluttering slow when the merman pulled back. He didn’t even see ladies being disappointed nor hear their scoffing; he smiled and hugged him tight, enamored. Squeezing his hand ever tender and sweet. “Romantic ~ :bishiesparklesl:“ He muttered in a quiet slur and Moss can feel Isa’s heart beating fast from his back to chest contact.

Isa blinked owlishly before looking back at Moss. “That’s seaweed??” He lightly tugged on a strand and rubbed it between his fingers. Feeling the surprising smooth wet texture before letting go. “It really is like grass . . . but slightly darker. Oh! Oops, I’m sorry.” He mumbled to one of the fishes that he startled from tugging the seaweed before going inside.

The disguised redhead froze besides Moss, eyes wide in curious wonder. ”Woaaah~” He stayed silent when Leonid recognized Moss, listening to their conversation. So Leonid is a tiefling. Well that might explain the oddities aspect his beau mentioned. From Isa’s understanding in his studies, tieflings are the aftermath of humans having an Overlord demon’s blood inside them by the vampires long ago. When the vampires wanted to control the Blood Moors and have an army that was strong enough to fight with demons under daylight. The redhead took a quick note to be careful with his sacred spells around Leonid, not wanting to hurt him by accident. He doesn’t know if sacred spells would work on a tiefling nor is he willing to try.

Isa watched on as the tiefling walked over to L. He raised a brow and-

Oh sweet bread, he can’t- her face.

Isa snorted before coughing, hiding his face onto Moss’ shoulder. His shoulders shaking from his silent laughter. He . . . daintily cleared his throat to calm down as Leonid introduced himself. Then he shyly squeezed Moss’ hand as he decided to introduce ’herself’ too.

”Nice to meet ya, Mister Leonid. My name is Red.“ Isa held his skirt part and curtsied a bit. The bottom part of his face covered from the scarf, showing his lighter sky blue eyes. His voice sounded like an alluring young woman. “We were wondering if it’s possible to leave our caravan here for a limited time?“

Zer0 Zer0

- Leonid's Exotic Eccentricities -
"Barad Eithel, Afternoon"

The purple tiefling's purple brow raised in interest at Isa and glanced down at his and Moss' entwined hands. Before looking up, and a for a split second, a flash of recognition passed through those red eyes. He beamed, grinning with sharp canines.

"I'm Ankara." greeted Vidya in a Purrsian accent; "Gob." said goblin-L simply, picking her nose.

"Greetings, Ankara, Gob, and Red~" he winked, shaking Isa's wrist. Wrist? Then pulled away, rubbing between his fingers bits of glossy make up. A bit of Isa's tattoos peeked out from behind the smudged make up. "Well, Moss, I think I have an inkling as to what your favor is all about, but tell me, honestly, my friend, am I possibly going to die from being involved with you?"

"Yes, very much my friend." smiled Moss, looking at Isa

"Oh, how exciting! It's just like that time we faced those pirates! Though I was mostly far away, still, my blood had never pumped so hard, oh! So, give me all the juicy details, and yes, yes, of course I'll hide your caravan, what are friends for? But in return, I would like a piece of the action, something I can boast about, or a piece of the boon. You know how I love to collect~"

"Alright, let me talk with my friends first." Moss gathered them next to a wardrobe out of earshot and huddled. "So . . . what do you guys think? He's not exactly a fighter? He's, well, he's more a smooth talker, con artist type. We can maybe give him something weird that we have?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa snatched his wrist back, uncomfortable at the sudden touch, and took a step closer to the merman. Lips pinched, awkward as he didn’t know how to respond to this situation other than to stay close to Moss. He didn’t care that Leonid can see hints of his tattoos underneath the make-up or that he knew who Isa really was. He’s not used to having his hands or arms touched so casually from the group except for Moss, it’s much less with strangers.

Unable to stop his urge to hide his hands, Isa reached behind and underneath his long creamy white jacket. Pulling out his gloves from his back pocket out of habit and putting them on as he listened to Moss’ conversation with Leonid. He looked up when Moss looked at him with a smile. Disbelief and a silent question shined within his sky blue eyes before getting his answer. He trusts Leonid . . .

Okay, he’ll trust him too . . .

His brows raised as Leonid spazzed about being excited to being on a dangerous adventure like the pirates in that one time. Surprised that this man is excited about possibly dying for knowing Moss at all.

Then again, Moss is going out with a demon Hunter that wants to murder his own uncle, so Isa shouldn’t be surprised at what sort of people Moss meets up with.

The silent redhead followed Moss to the wardrobe with the others and sighed. Well there’s one thing but . . . “We could let him study Smoky and he can sell the blueprints of his findings, maybe give him the idea that he can hire a mechromancer or a black smith to create his own bike if he wants. Same with finding a weird item where my un- Manuel is hiding with Theosebia or offer to give him a piece of a Goliath when we find one? . . . Or come with us on said Goliath?”

Yeah, let’s give him an adventure of a life time. Plus, the supposed con-man might know somethings that Isa does not about Goliaths.

”Or that weird metal triangle thingy that we got from the Goliath?” Isa muttered, looking at the others to see if they have any ideas that might be better.

Zer0 Zer0

"Oh, not much of a toucher, aren't you?" smiled Leonid at Isa. "Don't worry, a friend of Moss is a friend of mine."

Moss put an arm around Isa, "Yeah, don't touch Red without her permission, or you'll burst into flames and disappear from existence." Leonid looked like he didn't know if that was joke or if that was real.

Later, as the group huddled. Goblin L rasped, "Smoky might bring attention to us. What if someone walks in on him working on it?"

"I don't want to give him the Spicy Ice Cream." said Vidya. "I need it."

"I think he'd like to come with us on a goliath." said Moss. "And get a piece of it too. Is this our final offer for him?"

"Uhhhh, is he going to die?" asked L. "We're going to be pulling him into dangerous things not for tourists."

Moss glanced back at Leonid who was sitting cross-legged on the table, one of his sandals dangling up and down his bobbing foot. The tiefling smiled and waved. "I'll look after him." promised Moss.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa grinned impishly, silently promising that will happen if Leonid touches him again. Leaning into Moss’ one arm hug comfortably. “Thank you for trusting us too, Leonid.”

In the group huddle, the disguised redhead sighed. “He could work on it inside the smaller caravan if that interests him enough. There should be space. If not, then we can bring up the Goliath.” He listened to L and nodded. He watched Moss looking back at Leonid who waved casually from his desk and he chuckled. The redhead had a feeling that Leonid would like to see inside a Goliath more than his bike, but still. Nothing wrong to try it out.

“I’ll make sure to not explode or destroy the next Goliath too. At least until our plan can start.” Isa muttered.

Zer0 Zer0

With that, the group offered Leonid a look at Isa's bike and a Goliath ride. He laughed at the latter, saying they must be joking, but then it dawned on him that they were all serious and he realized, that storm explosion last night and the crazy news of a goliath found dead and looted by some traveling merchants from The Fridge this morning. It had something to do with them!

And he went off his rockers on a real actual possibility of being inside one of those things. He was ecstatic and said yes! He could not wait to go, but was disappointed they weren't going today, right now, so he simply satisfied himself with a look at Smoky. He didn't understand the machinery, just liked it for its oddity and tried to persuade Isa to part with it for a number of his prized possessions: Leonid's Magic Wardrobe, which allows one to travel between two wardrobes wherever they may be in Leor; Leonid's Deck of Many Things, where absolutely anything can happen and it was akin to pulling out a random event that can happen to you; a ring that allowed one to talk to plants; a magic flying carpet; an arigami, and many more.

And so Leonid squeezed in another purple tent into his seaweed lawn, and Vashur led Okami and Pluplu inside with the caravan. Their tent was as large as a cottage and smelled like cats, but it was clean, and they had a seaweed with schools of floating fishes as a floor. There was a little chimney flap on the tent roof too if ever they wished to make a campfire inside. Leonid told them where to find the wells for water and encouraged them to make themselves at home. He also had some better disguises for sale if ever the group was interested.

And so, with the caravan stowed, the party huddled once more to discuss what to do. Vidya's family took priority, then there was the goliath and the smithing Isa wanted to do that Moss kept secret, trusting Isa to mention it if he wanted to, the explosives that Vashur was going to secure, and then rescuing his people before they blow up the place. Yep, they can do this. With that, the group donned their better disguises and separated to do their own thing. Moss dawdled for a while with Isa, just making sure his disguise was on right before heading out to gather some intel with the others.

What would you like to do?

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa could only stare at Leonid as he laughed at their proposal, saying they were joking. Then he smirked devilishly, giving him the hint that no, they were serious about going inside a Goliath. So now, as the group tried on some better disguises, the tiefling was looking into his bike and trying to convince Isa to part with it.

With other items.

”Sorry, Leonid, but I’m rather attached to my bike.” Isa grinned as he added more purple curls and wearing a hairband, pulling them slightly back. Enough to have the curls hide his pointy ears and have simple hoop earrings dangle from his lobs. The disguised redhead just amplified the look he had before, adding more curves on his lanky figure, and adding some jewelry that he has seen women wear like around the ankles and wrists.

Speaking of, he decided to wear brown smithing gloves. When the group planned on what they would be doing, Isa spoke up about his idea with the obelisk. “I found out that the obelisks can seal magic within touch. So I was thinking that each of us can have a knife to carry in case we want to seal something with a stab.” There should be enough for all five or six (yes, Isa included Leonid in case the man was crazy enough to have this adventure) of them to have a knife with one slab, he thinks. Leaving one more obelisk slab that he can work on for a later project that he had in mind.

Perhaps. In case he doesn’t, he hopes to find more pieces in the next Goliath.

“We’ll group up again at night. I might be a little late from smithing. We’ll talk more then.”

The redhead was happy and amazed about the purple tent, peeking inside in wonder as the caravan with Okami and Pluplu fit inside. Thinking that with this spell, everyone could possibly have their own rooms inside the caravan and Moss wouldn’t feel as bad about the others not having a room of their own. Plus more space “This is so cool~” Isa muttered before coming out, sighing in relief of this hiding space. So far, so good. He prayed to Loki that it will stay this way during their time here.

Checking on Moss’ disguise and making sure nothing is amiss, Isa squeezed Moss’ hand tenderly and waved him goodbye as the group separated to gather intel. Then the redhead went into town, having to ask Leonid about any public forging places to create weapons and went there. Maybe he can gather information while creating the knives. He also wanted to find that extra space spell Leonid had for the tents and see if he could grab one.

Zer0 Zer0

c29156b1b2a51b6735b0f21912351ead.jpg
- Barad Eithel -

Though the denizens of Barad Eithel lived in colorful tents or homes of worn sand stone among the ruins of rusting brass and gold, they painted their homes and built tall narrow arches embellished with the same design as the ruins. Many windows were narrow and long, glasses colorfully stained in a frame of archs, upside down tear drops, grouping to form large spades that portrayed stories of a nomadic life in the desert. Isa sparsely saw any wood, the shop signs mostly glass with symbols of their trade.

He walked on a road of large sandy slabs of stone, decorated with hundred of small colorful square tiles that formed mosaics of goats, quails, desert animals, tear drop petal flowers, water, and fire. The Purrsians and people around him were dark skinned, wore loose flowing clothes, draped in silk, wearing turbans, sandals, most decked in ornaments of gold. There was a lot of celebration about, talk of peace after decades of warring between the bandit clans, and the rumors of a slain goliath. There were many cloth enchanters and glass blowing shops that sold colorful bottles and dinner wares. Isa easily found many enchanters offering the enlargement charm service, some even offering extra perks to entice him, such as new stained glass windows, prettier window and door frames, engraved wooden panels for walls, embroidered rugs, and silk curtains. A slave market also thrived here, and there was a platform at the head of the main street where shackled miserable looking prisoners, children, and elderly were put on display and a crowd was bidding for them.

Here and there were wanted posters, and Isa saw his face looking back at him among the faces of criminals and troublesome monsters, worth a bounty by the bandit clans that rivaled what The Godfather offered him for Smoky. There were also bounties for any followers of Loki, his symbol of three eyes put up as a ban, but none of the watchmen on giant coyotes or fire salamanders spared the disguised demon hunter a glance.

Leonid had told him of a steelwork district above Barad Eithel, and the towering staircases and arched glassy walkways he needed to take through the ruins to get there. Here Isa was greeted with the blazing sun and the stretch of sloping ruined roofs that spanned as far as he could see to the east. The wind was strong and tugged at his dress. Most of the buildings here were open workshops, where smoke billowed from tall sand-brick chimneys, and there was loud hammering as the cat folk worked on weapons, large industrial looking metal pieces, and great sleds that had ship like sails with a sheet of some sort of golden scales woven into them. They had exhaust pipe engines similar to smoky, or giant fans attached to the rear; Playing on the roof tops were some kids gliding and weaving on boards with the same type of sail, and a smaller exhaust engine, that burst out smoke and a jet of fire as they raced each other through the gold and brass spires.

Isa easily found a smithy to rent in one of these workshops. The owner was a short Purrsian lady that barely reached Isa's waist, who had very sun bleached fur and carried what looked like a ceremonial golden dagger around her belt. Her name was Kettlewhistle, and she admired a fellow lady who knew how to swing a hammer instead of strutting around in a dress like those, in her own words, "Hoity toity" dancers below all day. She told her family and workers not to bother their guest, and even told Isa she was welcome to pour herself water from the jugs any time she was thirsty.

The smithy was high up on one of the roofs where he had a good view of the sprawling ruins below. In the far east he could see a golden dome sitting atop what seemed to be an azure palace shimmering in the heat haze. Just as Vashur said, it looked perfectly normal, not a single tiny silhouette moving about.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“An adventure within Barad Eithel “​

Isa walked along the road, shadow veiled blue eyes sparkling at the sights of the different mosaics, telling him silent stories of how folk within the cities are. Thin sandals molded perfectly with each step he took; thin rounded chips of gold slightly jingle from his movements. He took the sights to stride, sometimes peeking in the markets to see what they have for sale. “I will come back for these, my good sir~” He purred alluringly, winking at the shopkeep before moving along. Wanting to hear what’s going around here. What gossip they might in store and yet...it seemed too peaceful. It’s just like how the Anubis brothers have said. Barad Eithel is calm.

Well almost calm. The disguised redhead spotted the slave trade and he winced under his berry colored hood. Golden chips jingled gently. Silently wondering if there was a way to free these slaves too during the chaos the group was about to ensue later on. He’s pretty sure L would love to break their chains . . .

For now, he quietly left the slave market. Not minding the watchmen in salamanders and coyotes nor stopping to see the wanted posters. Oh he sees them all right and he wonders if any of his brothers of the Sect were caught here, enslaved under Theosebia’s control. There might be a chance . . . If the members are not careful enough.

Once he reached at the top where the sun is baking the slated tiles of the roofs, Isa took a deep breath and sighed. Smiling as the heat warmed his skin even more. Suddenly, at the shout of kids somewhere close by, the disguised redhead opened his eyes and looked towards the happy squeals. Eyes widening in excited joy as the kids just glided in the air-

“I wanna try that . . . Focus, me. Focus~” Isa shook his head, curly purple locks bouncing before going to the rental smithy. Luckily for him, it wasn’t hard to find. He took the purrsian’s compliment to stride and giggled. “Thank ya, ma’am Kettlewhistle~” He said, using a sultry woman’s voice. “I do enjoy hammerin’ dings. Helps wit‘ anga’ issues, ya kno’?”

Thanking her for the hospitality, Isa put down the wrapped obelisk and cranked his fingers. “Okay~ time for work~” He banged on the hot dark metal, shaping it, and wanting to make it a bit special for each person that he is giving the knives to. Time moved as he banged, poured, and cooled his projects. Taking a few quick breaks to stretch and drink water before going back to work.

Sweating heavily under the sun and from the fire pit in front of him.

Without the instrument ~

1BFC975D-C868-4E11-BBD7-69C4AD19B7C4.jpeg

Zer0 Zer0

- Barad Eithel -

Many times that afternoon, Isa saw wagons of slaves trudge on by towards the eastern ruins, including a large heavy train of goods pulled by dozens of giant coyotes, all covered by tarp, stained with red rust sand. He also saw a large warband of coyote and fire salamander riders leave Barad Eithel and head west towards the Ebony Oasis.

The Kettlewhistles were a talkative bunch. They passed the day in cheerful hollering conversation with their fellow neighbors, as they hammered metal. The slave trade was booming, they said, ever since the bandit bosses took a great interest in salvaging the eastern ruins, though they don't know where they are selling all the metal they're getting. Probably in the Scorched Wastes for the Kamikazee Pyro's bullet farms, said some, though they have never seen any caravans loaded with metal scraps head north, or leave Barad Eithel for that matter. In fact, it was the opposite, a lot of precious ores and weapons were coming in from the north. They were saying that the bandit bosses are planning something big, maybe start a turf war with The Godfather over at The Fridge, since there was talk that he was preparing for war in The Highlands. Something about aiding Lady Giantsbane whose people were decimated by a plague by the Templars in Windshear. And that he'll leave Sanctuary not as well protected with most of his army on the march.

That or the bandit bosses are planning to work together with him to block the Templars in Menagerie Coast from moving into Sanctuary. There was rumor that the One-eyed Foxx was dead, caught trying to sabotage something in Sanctuary, and that his head was decorating the gates. There was also news about movement in The Grotto in Menagerie, where Foxx was Turcoplier before. The Templars there were engraged at the death and decapitation of one of their own, and scouts have reported that companies were on the march heading for Barad Eithel.

And the news of the slain goliath. It was no longer a rumor, it was true, and the bandit bosses were laying claim to looting the carcass, shooting anyone who came near it. Some of their shipment was going to be late, as the bandits have barred the route that passed by Ebony Oasis, and the merchants have to go around the cliffs instead of through it in more dangerous country. It was just odd though that they didn't see pieces of the goliath come in the city. They were probably smuggling it inside in secret, said one artisan. There are people from Menagerie Coast who visit Barad Eithel, the Templars are probably worrying out of their minds again like forty years ago. Someone had killed a goliath, and the Ancients' wrath were being stirred. They were also amazed to learn that it was a creature that was part mechanical. They had thought it was part stone golem, not machine.

Everyone's question that afternoon though, the biggest one, was: "Who killed it?" They were saying it was one of the nomad Purrsian tribes, since they heard war horns, but the families around that area that morning said they weren't anywhere near when the storm explosion happened.

Something was going on. People didn't understand, but they knew something big was happening in the shadows, and they hoped that they were safe in Barad Eithel.

Later, around sunset, a dark-haired, teal-eyed man with aquiline features and a hawk like nose appeared in the workshop district, walking all laid back along the mosaic road looking for something, and asking around. He stopped at Kettlewhistle's shop and in his familiar voice carried up to where Isa's was working. Kettlewhistle pointed at Isa, and the familiar disguised figure waved at him, then was allowed into the shop.

Moss had his backpack on and a basket in hand. As he came up the steps to the smithy, the wind carried the scent of food from it, and it smelled like he had a cold desert somewhere in there. From his chill demeanor it seemed that everyone was okay. "I have slightly bad news, and good news." he whispered as he hugged Isa in greeting, sighing in relief. "We're all okay, Ankara and Gob were spotted, and me and Vashy couldn't figure out a way to help the slaves yet, but we got explosives, the others escaped with Ankara's mom, and they reckon they have a plan to get Magni out. They're just downstairs, resting, waiting for us to join them." he smiled and plopped the basket next to Isa. "But I brought you dinner, snacks, and extra clothes, just in case you want to work more." Moss had that look where he's been through a lot but hides it, like that time with the Tuilpost. But Isa can tell it's to ease Isa's work, so that he can do what he wants to do without the added worry of planning what to do next.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

In the late afternoon sun‘s light, a darkened dagger was raised up. Turning it around to check if he needed to do more before realizing the blade being dull. So Isa went back to the sander. He stepped on the foot pedal, causing the wheels and gears turn fast. A band of grinding material was pulled along in an neverending cycle. He brought the blade close, causing sparks to fly, edging the blade.

Then he paused at the new voice that weaved with Ma’am Kettlewhistle. The smell of food waft in, breaking the smell of sweat and heat and metal. Gosh it smelled so good—his stomach growled, aching for said food. Raising his heavy head up and lolled back to peek over his shoulders to see a familiar face coming close. Isa smiled back, taking his foot off the pedal to stand and met Moss halfway.

Hopping his last step, Isa wrapped his aching arms around the merman. Pulling him in as he nuzzled his face on the crook of his tanned neck and shoulder. Tippy-toeing so he could reach as far up as he could. Moss can feel intense heat and sweat from Isa’s skin before he leaned back. Now that he has a closer look, Isa looked ragged himself. It’s probably from the sun and fire’s heat. “’Ello, my dearest~” He purred.

The disguised redhead nodded tiredly, watching Moss place the basket down on a stool. “Okay, I’ll come down. Can come back tomorrow to finish two more at the morn’~” He muttered under his breath, sighing in relief. Then he took two steps to the left and reached into his bag that held the one and a half of obelisk pieces. Pulling out a familiar blade to Moss, the dagger he gave him to remold and add the black material. As expected, the blade had turned black and is a little bigger than before. A sheen of rainbow appeared whenever the light bounces off the darkened blade too. However there is gold outline of a wave that stretched to the sharpened tip and the guard is also made of gold; shaped into waves curving out. The handle felt comfortable to grip and nicely weighted. Those are new.

”Here’s yours. I got Vidya’s and L’s in the bag too.” Isa mumbled, smiling his rakish smile. Passing Moss’ blade to it’s owner before peeking in the basket. Mouth watering as he couldn’t hold back his hunger any longer now that Moss brought food~

“Thank ya for the food and clothes.” Isa brought out the first thing he grabbed inside the basket and bit it. Humming in pure joy as his tastebuds sing. “I wanna know what you guys know and eat together too.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss made him smoky fire salamander ham sandwiches, and a handful of glazed donuts that had orange filling from the berries he picked before that tasted similar to his mint tart. There were also two small clay jugs in the basket, one was filled with cold water chinking with ice cubes, the other a chilly fruity slushy with small chopped pieces of banana.

Moss accepted the blade, staring at it. "This is beautiful." He sat beside Isa. "You gilded it with gold?" He looked touched, and pondering. He caressed Isa's hair, then wiped his sweaty forehead with his shawl. "What . . . what did I do that was worthy of gold?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa hummed in glee as soon he tasted the smokiness of the salamander ham sandwich, settling down on another stool. Eating it in one big bite as he reached in the basket once more, lids fluttering with eyes bright as the sparkling sea surface. He perked up at the sight of icy water and slushy mugs, picking the slushy up first and taking a curious sip...

Before gulping it down like no one’s business.

While munching down, he moved to eating the jelly filled donuts, Isa peeked at the merman who sat next to him. Dusty red cheeks pushed up his eyes in his quiet joy, smiling. His chewing slowed down before he gulped to open his mouth. Only to pause once more as Moss caressed his hair back, red roots slightly peeking underneath the purple dye. He leaned into the shawl that was wiping his forehead, gently nuzzling on Moss‘s hand like a happy cat.

”Ya saved my life.” Isa replied in a soft whisper, not using the woman’s voice he was mimicking but his own. He stared at Moss softly, leaning away from the shawl as he sat straight. “I know I haven’t said much on it, but I’m happy that ya were there at the beach besides me back then. Supporting me while I tried to fight back the demon within. Believe it or not, I was able to fight it when I thought of ya. Of how ya would react should I turned into one. Remembered your words about staying with me until I snapped out of it . . . Even when I was scared of hurting ya, I wanted to make ya proud too.”

”Now . . . Now I could be angry without having to be scared of hurting others. Without fear of turning into a demon. I can go see my friends in the sect again. I’m free from those types of worries. All because of you being there for me. I know it’s not much compared to the ‘great feats of self sacrifice and such’ but . . . Ya showing me kindness changed my life and it changed the lives of others too. Like the people we helped from the demons. If ya hadn’t convinced me to try talking with them like ya and not give up, I’m sure the few would feel cheated out of their lives. So I wanted to let ya know how important ya are to me and that ya do have a greatness within. Should ya ever feel doubt, the gold on this dagger will remind ya of that.”

Then Isa took a massive bite on the donut before humming in a happy daze. Swaying side to side on his seat. “Shooooo goooooood~”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss reached out and squeezed Isa's hand. "I'm going to wait. until we're in our room. before I tackle you." he said seriously. Then it melted into a soft smile. He looked down at the dagger. "Thank you, agapiméni mou." He looked up at him, happy. He waited for Isa to finish eating. He didn't want to hurry, just wanted to stay up here and be with him. The glowing ember forge warmed them, as braziers and lamp lit up all along the ruins. The sun set on the horizon, and from here, they saw more tiny lamplights appear in the far flung reaches of the cooling desert below, and a bobbing line of them from travelers on The Merchant's road.

Moss gazed at Isa in the setting sun, and wiped his sweat away, not letting go of his hand. He remembered their time in the beach fondly, and sat closer to him.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa jumped at the sudden touch, feeling his hand tugged away from the donut, and his eyes followed. Slowly widening as he listened to the merman’s words, stopping his swaying. His hand was squeezed. Cheeks heating up. Then he gulped donut down, turning into a startling red as he looked down at the floor. Smiling bashfully.

He peeked at his beau, feeling his heart beating hard at the sight of Moss smiling. He looked away again. Feeling fluffy feelings again. “You‘re . . . You’re welcome, mi Tesoro.” Isa whispered, now taking his time to eat the last piece of that donut.

As the sun sets, the sky turning from red to midnight blue, the embers from the forge glowed warmly. Highlighting Isa’s facial features underneath those purple locks. Red lashes seemed longer in this subtle lighting from the cackling flames. Sometimes those brighter than his indigo blue eyes would look up to see the lamps in the market place are starting to light up; looking like tiny orange dots. Then he would eat again, slower as if he wanted to taste every bit of flavor Moss put into the food before drinking water. Sometimes squeezing his tanned hand or gently rubbed on top of the palm with his thumb.

He hummed curiously as Moss wiped the sweat off his face, blinking owlishly as his left cheek is slightly puffed. With a gulp, Isa smiled warmly and shuffled closer; shoulders touching. Leaning in to nuzzle under his chin with his warm cheek and sighed. Feeling peaceful and forgetting about their worries for now. He even forgot that his arms ached, now that Moss was besides him. Caring for him~.

Once Isa was done eating and packed everything neatly, he followed Moss, carrying the obelisk by his bag. Not letting his hand go as they walked. Thanking the Kettlewhistle family for letting him use their forge on their way out. “I’mma com’ bad’ tomorrow ~” As they went inside the caravan, the disguised redhead rubbed Okami’s head and ruffled Pluplu’s feathers before settling himself on the loveseat. “I heard you guys were seen. What happened? Oh! And before I forget~”

He pulled out two black knives that were in different sizes and placed them on the table; one towards Vidya, the other towards L. The biggest of the two is slightly curved halfway, it’s handle and guard is made of silver. The handle had a small mosaic of the sun rising and the weight wasn’t as heavy. Just nice enough for Vidya to use for her weakened arm should she wanted to practice using it. The shortest of the two is the most colorful, the blade itself reflected back a rainbow, and the handle has colorful mirror shards that’s held together with silver. Glazed over with the same glaze as the pots. It felt nice in L’s hands, not too heavy nor too light.

”Thought I should make ya a knife that has sealing capabilities too.” Isa grinned, starting to take the purple hair extensions out and carefully placed them on the table. “Since we’re dealing with an old demon lady that likes magic too much.”

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -
"Leonid's Exotic Eccentricities, Night "

Moss tucked his beautiful dagger away, then gently wrapped an arm around Isa's shoulders. "Here, rest on me." He offered his chest. Bracingly, he rubbed up and down Isa's aching arms, and when they had settled comfortably, he started to softly sing,

"A west to east smile, with eyes an indigo blue," he sweetly gazed down, "my heart sails northwards to meet you~ When you have swam in the sea, a lake will no longer do," he caressed his hair, "everyone else was always a pond, but the ocean was always you." A kiss on the forehead, then Moss smiled.

They sat there for a nice peaceful while. Moss singing songs, or talking about their time on the beach in The Highlands, as he slowly became sleepy, just enjoying Isa's thumb rubs. He almost nodded off to sleep, after Isa was done eating. Holding his hand still, he offered to carry his bags for him, and opened the gate of Kettlewhistle's workshop for him. The short Purrsian lady nodded with a, "Your welcome, dearie." and wished the couple a goodnight.

Down the glass and gold-brass framed stairs they walked, along with the crowd of workcats and workmen heading home or stopping by the nearest tent-pub after a day's work under the desert sun. Here, most of the patrons drank outside among the ruins, singing drunkenly, or chatting the night away. They walked across the dwindling mosaic streets lit up by braziers and stained light from the scores of lamps shining through colorful glass windows. Barad Eithel was becoming sleepy, the markets closing, and Moss looked out wistfully at the sacks of spices being hauled away into carts for the night, and the beautiful glass shops flipping the closed signs on their front doors. He made a mental note to scour the market later for fresher sea food from Menagerie, and some beautiful new dishware.

Suddenly the growing sound of commotion approached, and a handful of coyote riders came galumphing by the closing shops and the neighboring tents. A pair of riders asked some workers if they had seen a goblin and a dark elf pass by. Moss glanced at them in casual interest. Their voices carried down the street, something about a bounty for the goblin and elf for stealing something from a bandit boss, and asked if they could search their tent-pub. Moss reassuringly rubbed Isa's hand, as they casually continued walking further down the main road, turned left across Leonid's seaweed lawn, straight into the tent, and then into the caravan. Okami and Pluplu, having been fed in the tent, quickly scrambled in the caravan after Isa had pet them and opened the door.

There was a dark elven man with black hair, a goatee and Vidya's eyes sitting around the kitchen table with a brown-dyed fur Vashur, and a stout dwarven woman who was shorter than the average, with L's messy blonde hair and big blue eyes. They were talking, looking at a map spread across the table as they ate sandwiches and a plate half-full of of donuts; the dwarven woman was only eating donuts.

"Welcome back, Red, Mare." Greeted the elven man and dwarf, as the polar bear dog and chocobo went upstairs. They heard scratching and whining, and Moss chuckled, saying he'll be back and that he'll just let the two inside the cold room. And then went upstairs.

The two disguised ladies were amazed at the blades; Dwarf-L could not hide her blush and touched look again. "Wow . . . Mine is so pretty . . . It's like the rainbow became a night blade . . ." she said, staring.

"Gee, dude, thanks." said Elven-man-Vidya, taking hold of the blade and trying it out. "You made these in just an afternoon? You are fast."

"Admirable craftsmanship." Nodded Brown-Vashur approvingly.

"Thank you, Red." beamed L, plopping the dagger in her hair. Vashur stared, but everyone around him acted normal about this, so he just slowly stopped staring.

"Wait, don't take your hair off, yet." warned Elven-man-Vidya to Isa. "They're still searching for us. And one more thing, my mom's here. She's sleeping in our room, disguised, but all the same she has manacle scarring, so it's best not to let anyone near her or at least see her arms just in case. We've already told Leonid, and he said he'll handle any questions, but will let the bandits search or it'll be suspicious."

L sighed at Isa. "It's my fault. We went to the Auditorium, or that Golden Dome place, and I tried to free some slaves and not just Hashid's mom --- that's Vidya's new alias, I am Helga --- but the slaves just wouldn't move and I got caught. But! We saw so many things, and we saw Th-Theosebia, and Manuel, and Red, they have an army! About two dozen huge spider machines, and smaller digging spider machines, and the bandits are just walking around like it's normal. We think they're being controlled, but controlled differently since they weren't like zombies like the slaves. And there are Templars! And there is a portal! To Windshear, and we saw it switch to The Highlands where they were bringing giant lumber and food in! They've transformed the outside of the dome into a huge metal work place with forges underground. And they're fixing the really, really big machine thing that, we aren't sure what it is, but it's connected to three humungous pipe things like Smoky's underground! All powered by that blue energy thing you and Hashid saw . . . and also Magni. They're using her as an energy source."

Katsuya Katsuya
Golden Kunai
+1 crit | +1 combat | Sealing Obsidian | Light, "Dual-wield"
Attachment: Retractable Chain
Every round it remains embedded in a target it burns -1 manna, and prevents the target from casting spells.

"The blade had turned black and is a little bigger than before. A sheen of rainbow appeared whenever the light bounces off the darkened blade too. However there is gold outline of a wave that stretched to the sharpened tip and the guard is also made of gold; shaped into waves curving out. The handle felt comfortable to grip and nicely weighted. Those are new. "

A gift from Isa.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

At first, Isa was curious when there was a commotion, peeking with his beau. A crowd gathering in a spot where he could see coyote riders asking to check inside the pub. Asking for a dark elf and a gnome. He stood closer to Moss, worried as he looked up at the disguised merman. However with a light tug from their connected hands and a reassuring glance, the closeted nerd nodded and continued their way to Leonid’s shop. Hidden within the dark shadows of the night before going inside one of the tents and inside of their caravan.

At the whining sounds of Okami and Pluplu, Isa chuckled and squeezed Moss’ hand before letting go. “Alright, we’ll be here, Mare.”

Isa froze, blinking owlishly before starting to put back his extensions carefully, remembering that they were right; the guards were looking for them. He grinned when the ladies were happy with their knives before looking at Vashur with a grin. “I had to work fast with ya threes first before starting on yours and mine’s tomorrow. I should be done soon.” He gestured the disguised Anubis brother and himself with a single finger before leaning back and sighed.

”I see. Ya couldn’t help yourself . . . Well, this only confirms everything that we know already and more. Same about the Templars . . . I overheard religious people freaking out about Malus being destroyed, bringing the Ancients’ wrath.” Isa sighed, leaning back as he stretched his arms up and above his head. Then he relaxed, letting his arms flop down to his sides. His grin turned maliciously amused.“If only they knew that the Goliaths are made as Ancient war machines by the arcane people long ago. Considering that the obelisk inside the canons and the obelisk inside of Titan’s skull are the same ones, the goliths were for killing Ancients. Probably sealed Titan’s soul away somewhere.” He hopes Titan‘s soul is okay . . . Okay-ish.

“About the slaves, they are being controlled by the staves the kutulus have and the stones on those staves are warped soul stones. It’s similar to how the demons control folk that come by their way to make deals. If we have a voice amplifier spell, I could pray and turn those stones to shards instead. It’d be funny to watch the kutulus being overwhelmed by angry people.” Isa chuckled, already thinking about it.

Yes, more chaos to bring back reality . . .

And then he perked up, eyes wide.

”That’s it! We can use a Goliath not just to ram in the dome and use the explosives for a distraction, but to shoot one of the obelisks at Theosebia. Seal her away with it while the ground team goes after Manuel.” He looked at everyone in the room. “What do ya think? Too crazy?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

"I think, because they couldn't destroy the goliaths, that's why the Templars spread that whole paranoid craze about leaving them alone or else facing the wrath of the Ancients." said elven-man-Vidya. "I wonder where his soul stone is. And, if there's a way to, I don't know, revive him? You've revived the dead before, right, Helga?"

Dwarf-L nodded. "Uh-huh, but there's a time limit. I can't revive a body that's been dead for more than two days. But you know, maybe it's possible after we find the you-know-what."

"All this discovery has been, how you say, illuminating." said brown-Vashur. "When I tell the dens of this, you can be sure there will be a purge of those goliaths. You must teach us, Red, how you destroyed it. It will make a safer land for us here in The Dust, no more worries of the behemoths trampling our homes and herds."

At Isa's talk about turning the stones into shards, dwarf-L frowned. "Is there a way to do it one by one? Those poor slaves would be killed if they revolted, I bet, with nothing but their pickaxes and shovels." she tapped her finger on the table. "Do the squidies sleep? I wonder, if I followed one, maybe I would be able to tell who controlled which group of slaves, then steal their staffs, and then make the slaves sneak out in small groups."

A door closed above, and then Moss' footsteps came down the stairs. "I heard the word crazy, what are we talking about?" he plopped on the seat next to Isa.

After hearing the plan again, brown-Vashur nodded, "That would put us on par, or even make us unstoppable against their army if we have a goliath on our side, but we have to save my boss and friends first before they get caught in the crossfire."

"Yes, Magni too. I want to be part of the ground team." said elven-man Vidya.

Moss thought about where to go. "I'm good at hunting for things. I think I can help take Manuel down."

"I can make a lot of people sleep." said dwarf-L. "I wish there were more of us, we are sorely outnumbered."

"I wish to be part of the ground team as well. I know my way around those ruins and the tunnels beneath." said brown-Vashur.

"But you need another person to man the goliath, right, Red?" said elven-man Vidya. "Who'd you want to go with you when you're doing that?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

“Probably because the Templars that managed to go inside were killed by Theosebia somehow.” Isa replied to Vidya before clearing his throat. His voice from male to female. “Perhaps. It might work.” He said to the ladies.

Then he looked at Vashur, blinking owlishly before smiling a bit. Weary yet somehow glad of his choice. “Ya are noble than most give ya credit for. Alright, I’ll teach ya how, but it won’t be easy. I hope ya are ready for that.”

The disguised redhead gazed at the table for a moment before looking at L with a soft frown. “They should be able to sleep, considering that they are living beings and need sleep to function in the day. Most likely, they take shifts. If sleep spell don’t work, then use flash bomb. I used it last time to make our escape off a cliff . . .” He perked when Moss came back down and repeated his idea to the merman. Holding his hand under the table and squeezed.

He listened to everyone’s words and smiled, chuckling alluring. “I feel like I should be happy that you guys trust me with the distraction part. Despite the, ya know, me being chaotic. Hmmm~“ He won’t lie. He wanted to chase after Manuel but the others . . . Moss said he’ll chased after Manuel . . .

The redhead squeezed Moss’ hand again. Tightly.

Light blue eyes glanced at Moss and a flash of worry passed before he shook his head. The purple curls bounced. Isa trusts him. If Moss wants to do that, then . . . Isa will let him . This is a weird feeling, to let go of his revenge like this. He took a deep breath as he pondered. And snorted at his first choice to whom will be there with him. “ . . . Would Leonid be opposed to having a bit of more dangerous adventures? Like say . . . Working a Goliath to murder a six hundred plus years old demon lady?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Moss Adamaris -

Everyone was surprised.

"I don't. know." said Moss slowly, flabbergasted. "Shall I get him?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa took out his camera from under the table and took a picture of everyone’s surprised face. He grinned like a cat as he lowered his camera. Taking the photo out and pocketing it.

”I will forever treasure this photo~” He chuckled. Then he hid it away and nodded at the merman. “After the guards leave his shop. Best to be safe than sorry. So . . . Mind telling why this is a surprising choice?”

Zer0 Zer0

" Night "

"Ah!" Brown-Vashur flinched; everyone else who was used to Isa's picture taking just chuckled. "What --- what is that?" Pointed the anubis. "A small gunpowder cannon?"

"Red just took pieces of our souls!" exclaimed L at him. He gaped, half in disbeleif.

Moss and Vidya laughed.

"I'll see if the guards have passed." said Moss heading out the door.

He left, and Vidya just looked at Isa like he knew why this was surprising. "Because it's like grabbing a random passerby, a real run of the mill joe, and saying, hey, wanna save the world with us?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

“Isn’t that what L did?” Isa asked, shrugging his shoulders. Grin stretching wide. “With us? And to Vashur too?”

”How is that new?”

Zer0 Zer0

" Night "

"You're not passersby's --- passerbee --- whatever is plural for that." said dwarf-L, flapping her arms. "I researched you guys, and none of you," she raised a finger, "none of you are run-of-the-mill Joe's. Especially you, Isa." she emphasized with a jut of her chin.

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back