• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- ? -

The two spirits blinked, looking at each other as though through the haze of a dream. Not quite believing the other was there.

"My darling?" whispered Zosimos?

"My shooting star?" said Theosebia in stunned hope.

Zosimos gave a strangled cry of joy and rushed forward, arms open, and Theosebia, gasping, crying, flung herself in his arms and the two who have been separated for centuries finally gazed into each other's eyes and kissed.

They then both looked at Isa and he could see that they accepted their fate, as though they knew this reunion was more than what they deserved and there was nothing to express the gratitude that they felt for this kindness Isa shiwed to two enemies. "Thank you." whispered Theosebia.

"Liliana, what you seek is in my journal." Zosimos pointed at the worn leather book Isa placed on top of her grimoire. "Thank you for being my friend when I only pretended to be one. This entire dimension, what you've been calling a vault," he waved an arm as he held Theosebia, "is the Chronosphere. It is one of our greatest creations, it is all yours and . . . I know it will not mend what I tried to do to you, I . . . so I'll just say once more . . . thank you. Thank you." He added earnestly to Isa. Zosimos gazed back at Theosebia who smiled at him and squeezed his hand, and with that the spirits disappeared, leaving nothing but two entwined orbs rising up to join the multitude of others Isa had helped move on in peace.

Katsuya Katsuya
Isa +1 Rp Point

- Katulu Camp -
" Windshear, Morning, January 2, 601"

Lysanthir actually deadpanned when Charon said " . . .that's not entirely correct . . .", and after he sent his message, Lysanthir's too patient voice replied thinly, 'If you are going to tell me I am wrong and insist one more time how awful and monstrous you are I am going to wish the sensation of ---', a moment passed, '--- a thousand lost sneezes on you and bountiful bug bites in between your toes.'

Though eventually Lysanthir said that midnight would be good as that was equivallent to lunch time for the nocturnal drows. He did ask Charon to swear on his ancestors that he was going to stop talking like that, though, or at least try to, or he will ignore him.

"Ancients that be, why are humans like this?" Lysanthir said to no one in particular, as he lead his people down the mines, to the roots of the mountains to reclaim and rebuild their home.

Pet Panda Pet Panda

Χάρων Health: Bruised | Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (6) + Spellslinger (4) [0/14] Condition: 3 | Roleplay Points: 2

"Specifically, the idea that because you share a face with those... fellows, I cannot stick around," he replied, his voice delighted, crooning and somewhat hoarse, seemingly from just having laughed a great deal, "it has nothing to do with faces, or anyone's phenotype," he conveyed during their exchange of communication, "and I shall not swear on my ancestors. I do not know them, not their names, nor where they are from. I swear on my boat instead, it is much" -- another obnoxious pause litters their conversation -- "more dear to me. Lysanthir, I will be bold and ask a favor ineloquently. I'll tell you when I face danger when appropriate. You do the same, at any time." He pulled his hand back off of Nava and placed it over his chin, "and I'm afraid as a result of my rather tragic mutation, I have not had a bug bite on either of my feet in years," he added at the end. In a more soft tone, he cleared his throat and finished, "two months... I will return in two months. To build a peaceful life. Thank you."

With that, he swam on the edge of sleep for a few minutes longer, having expended his manna entirely in this conversation.

- Isa Bianchi -

As Isa sang his cant, he opened his eyes, feeling dazed as a large snout nudged him. He can tell who was tapping him despite feeling relaxed and not focused. “Hm?” He hummed, raising his head and slightly peeked over his shoulder to see Yaxkin‘s large canine face. Red Ruby eyes stared back his own indigo ones before he suggested something in front of him. So Isa followed that direction and realized that the happy couple were staring at him.

He felt too relaxed to tense up or snarl, thanks to his current ritual spell, at the couple. However he hadn’t expected them to thank him or look kind . . . Isa gave Theosebia a soft smile. “I promised, didn’t I?” He replied softly. Then he listened to Zosimos’ words, having ideas of what he can do for his new home with Moss. Considering that he always wanted a big tub to swim-

“Before ya go, can I ask one more thing?” Isa muttered. “Is there a way to transform into merfolk and back to land walkers?” He wanted to know in case Zosimos knew how.

As he watched the spirits disappear, warm and happy, Isa sighed in relief. His shoulders slumped as he grinned. “Finally. Finally, they moved on . . . Liliana, want to transfer Larc in the body now? I’ll help as best as I can.” He just wants to free Titan and in order to free him, he needs to help Liliana and Larc now.

Zer0 Zer0

Episode VI: Fish Out of Water
anton-fadeev-frosted-citadel3-1-public.jpg

• " Episode 6: Fish Out of Water "

- Vanar -
    " January 13, 601"

Zosimos shook his head. "That is a question for the one who cursed him."

When the golden orbs faded, Liliana, wiping her eyes with her sleeve, was all for helping Larc right away, until she read the part where her own heart had to be cut out, to which a firm, "No", from the voice of Larc replaced her own. His soul had to be separated from hers first, so for now, releasing Titan from his prison was put on hold, and the party turned to solving other problems.

* * * *​

About a week and a half later, on a moonless night on a beach by the mouth of a wide river, a great serpentine shadow rose from the bottom of the ocean, and then two colossal eyes peeked up above the waves. It lay there, still. And then the waves parted as it slowly surged forward. Coming up was the curving colossal beak with an odd extending lower jaw of a goliath never seen before in this part of Leor. It gouged a furrow in the sand, as it opened its beak on the shore. And then . . . a caravan house pulled by a polar bear dog and a giant coyote rolled out from under the shadow of its giant bill.

Quickly, the caravan stole into the woods, as the colossal beak shut, and then the goliath sank back into the ocean . . .

The next morning, this innocent caravan rose up the crest of a snowy hill and beheld the capital of the Templars, the frosted purple and turquoise citadel of Vanar. Steam rose from where bubbling magma met ice in the river, and on the thawed patches of ground swayed grass among the edges of long stretches of tilled earth, where rows of winter sprouts sat green and healthy despite the ever snowy weather of Windshear.

All along the road this rosy early morn were other caravans pulled by chocobos and wagons carrying goods and lowing livestock. The air was crisp with wood smoke and the cry of passing gryphon riders winging across the sky to and from the capital; the caravan drove by a farm where it smelled like someone was brewing cider; and as they passed under the gates of Vanar, they heard music playing in a market place where vendors were shouting, guards bearing the symbol of a silver tree were roaming, and a new infant was wailing at the noisy inconvenient clutter of life.

The caravan stopped by the walls where other carvans were parked, and one of the curtains parted. A teal eye peeked through the window gazing at the different rising levels of the city, to the highest one where the tallest building with a roof like a gold-veined wing stood proudly next to a floating giant crystallized wolf skull that was pouring out waterfalls from its maw.

"There's the temple." said Moss. "I really hope they haven't changed where they stored the Panacea since the last couple of years L was here."

Katsuya Katsuya Pet Panda Pet Panda

Χάρων Health: Healthy| Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (6) + Spellslinger (4) [14/14] Condition: 3 | Roleplay Points: 2
"Creeeak, thump bump ump ump," the entire blue and indigo room was in motion. A small wooden coffee-table propped near the window with an oddly fluffy table cloth was arrested in the interior of the caravan where everything, the wall hangings, draped fabrics, bits and bobs and wooden spoons mounted to the wall above a cooking area, quivered and jostled as the cart trundled forward. The source of its steadfast resistance to being shaken about was a young man resting on the top of it, the both of his legs resting to one side of him and hanging halfway off of it. Despite being inside and at rest, the legs dangling off to the side were shod. A pair of odd shoes the color of linen untouched by dyes bobbed as the cart listed. Thin wooden soles tapped imperceptibly against the light blue walls of the inside of the caravan's "living room;" the shoes were composed of two linen panels, one crossed over the other, like little feet-tunics with the waist's hem fused to the soles and the shoulder's hem around the ankles, forming a slender triangular silhouette. They were reminiscent of socks in their plainness and material and the rest of his attire matched that of his shoes. Of the same linen material, not a tunic but a flat shirt with quite straight shoulders and lines, some inspiration in the angles and tightness of the seams might have been taken from Drow attire. The sleeves were long and the collar was high, the cuffs were stiffly folded and the five pebble-like buttons holding the material closed in the front were centered over middle of his left collarbone rather than the center of the shirt. His pants were spacious and loose, puffy around the center and strictly bound at the ends so that they do not impede movement. A shaft of vivid morning sun beamed through the open window and struck the virgin linen, causing it to shine brilliantly, white and pure as it wavered, over his skin, played with by the freezing air rolling into the room. Charon's emerald eyes were wide open, scintillating impossibly in their bath of pure light cast by the awakening sun.

It took him a great deal of courage (and required convincing/cajoling on the parts of Isa and Moss) to get poor Charon onto that massive beast. Whatever apocalyptic destruction smeared the ancients, all the better, he thought. Only a civilization of psychopaths would travel so casually through the abyss. He spent most of the week-and-some-change journey in the depths of the machine, trying to forget about his location in the crushing, dark depths by distracting himself with the manufacturing of handicrafts and some new clothing made of very basic material, hugging Nava and keeping in contact with Lysanthir. As promised, he complained profusely about cruising along in the abyss during the first midnight repartee. However, he did maintain at least enough energy to turn himself into a whale just in case the worst happened, which is what he expected out of such blasphemous travel. This prioritization of both communication and contingency slowed his progress in returning his aberrant flesh to its original form. Indeed, as he lay there across that small table, recharging from an exhausting and unpleasant trip under the ocean of all things, this past trip is the longest he would have been seen wearing shoes in years. His ugly, overgrown and scaled feet were the first things to be restored. He made a point to stay in the caravan for the time it took him to create shoes lest he place his bare, sensitive feet on that unwelcome metal. It made him cold for a few hours while he designed and fashioned a pair of shoes -- and an outfit to go with them. And then a couple more, just in case. That only served to acclimate himself to he cold once again, as he was in the past, thus recovering him from his hellish stint in the desert almost entirely. His original goal, to fit his ship with some means of overland travel, failed. He gained so much more than that. He made no more progress during the trip, however, ridding his body of scales, and indeed, that slender iguana-like tail was draped over the table and trailing across the ground for a couple of feet. When it came to that last part of his body, he hesitated. What would happen when he restored it? Would the tail remain, or slough off? Would everything underneath go back to normal? Would the blood loss kill him? It was something he would have to thoroughly examine before proceeding with. Perhaps he would on this day, beginning now, the morning's fresh wind frigid and invigorating, carrying the scents of the scenery to him.

Low and stern, thick evergreens squatting over scrubby grasses which looked like the whiskers of an old cat, stiff and pointed, scraggly and often bent over where they poked up from the icy, sandy mud or soil. Old, dark sage mixed with young, verdant lime green in mottled patches gathered in chaotic clusters between strands of glistening snow woven into the landscape in wide thick threads as though by a loom, broken by life in this quilted and bobbing land, where life humbly burgeoned in the frost. Far before them, a great field of of green, brown and white evaporated softly together in the morning mist roiling unceasingly in vast banks from the crawling, probing rivers which stretched away from the proud city projecting glory over the low landscape from its huge towers emblazoned in crossing metal, its incredible domed structures reminiscent of the webbed veins of bugs' wings, their aquatic blues, truly beautiful in the way it called nature to it. He only regretted that it belonged to the Templar. Transfixed by this empyrian scene, he felt unable to move. The sun's warmth was as a shackle, the rolling peace of this icy meadow a boulder on his chest. His emerald eyes simply remained open, jostling with the caravan, it was all he could do, aside from silently will the cart to stop for a while until the air went from pure and fresh to vibrant and exciting. He had no intention of moving.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa didn’t fair well in their travels underwater. He was jittery, always muttering about how he wished he‘d stop staring out of the window as the goliath swam. He didn’t want to leave Moss’ side either . . . Which caused his panic attacks. As the merman controlled the Goliath’s path, the redhead would take deep breathe to ground himself before sitting down and not move unless Moss moved. However it was peaceful.

Everything was still and quiet, something that Isa needed as he sorted out his thoughts. His discovery of being related to Theosebia is enough to tilt his world and he couldn’t handle strangers anymore. An example would be when he wanted to buy supplies in the empty bazaar and someone tried to steal from him. He . . . Kind of sprained their wrist after twisting it in his rage. Moss had to calm him down for an hour of walking and silent growling. So after panicking from being underwater, Isa felt glad that they were submerged in the quiet depths. Having to relax as he read his Uncle’s notes while Charon crafted in his spare time. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is always delicious too, curtesy of Moss’ cooking.

The redhead tilted his head up, letting it fall on the sofa’ cushion to stare at the wooden ceiling, surrounded by soft blue walls and bookshelves. Hearing the fire crackle in the fireplace. He took a deep breath. Wearing dark clothing and his favorite purple jacket—- it was getting cold, now that they are in Windshear. Then he lifted his head when he heard Moss’ voice pipe up. He snorted. “Knowing them, they would move it somewhere else after L crashed it as a precaution.”

Thank Loki, he will be able to hold back his anger now.

“Do ya know where we can stay in, Moss? Or a friend of yours?”

Zer0 Zer0 Pet Panda Pet Panda

- Moss Adamaris -

"No, the connections I have here are just a clean up crew and some witnesses who could provide me with a false alibi." said Moss, letting the curtains fall back into place again. "We can ask around, though, for an inn, and maybe just ask around in general and visit the place."

L, who stayed behind in Barad Eithel for her own reasons, had told them that the sect of clerics who concocted Panacea were the clerics of Shiva, and they kept the Panacea in the Mirror Pasture Chamber, located, well, inside a mirror door on the seventh floor. This Mirror Chamber was a little pocket dimension that mimicked Badlands conditions that allowed them to store medicine or medicine ingredients that would otherwise start to expire for some reason if taken out of a Badlands environment. She didn't know when Panacea would expire once taken out, but she reassured them that all their medicines have an expiration date of at least one year.

Only an acolyte and higher ranking members have access to the mirror and the only other way to enter was if someone from the inside let you in. Last time L was here, her mentor, Master Morgan was a knight commander of Shiva. She didn't know if she was still serving or was retired, but L told them that she was the one who had saved her a long time ago when she was a little gnome and her family couldn't afford medicine. Master Morgan visited her village and she gave L and all the sick there medicine for free. She was that kind of person, and maybe, maybe she will give them Panacea if they asked. And she told them she lived on Azure Lane in the third level of the city, the highest level where all the nobles lived and where the temple was located. Liliana also told them that in Vanar, nobles and commoners don't really mix, and that they may have to dress up to fool the guards into letting them into Azure Lane.

Χάρων Health: Healthy| Toughness: Background Ability (10) + Armor (1) [11] | Spell Power: Background Ability (14) + Knowledge (4) + Equipment (1) [19] |Manna: Background Ability (4) + Knowledge (6) + Spellslinger (4) [14/14] Condition: 3 | Roleplay Points: 2

A transfixed Charon stirred from his spot and slid off of the table, his feet hitting the ground silently. Padding over, though he did not say anything, he groggily leaned onto the doorjamb. His bad mood during the trip froze his social mind and he made little contact with Moss and Isa over its course. Underwater travel with Charon was more like living in a house with a grumpy, angry cat. He came around to eat, expressed his thanks, and then padded off to do his own thing in some corner, never seeking interaction or comfort. This instance was only slightly less awkward. He shed his resting angy face syndrome but when he walked to the front of the carriage to enter the space of Moss and Isa, seemingly bearing the will to create conversation, he simply looked between them with a blank, doe-eyed look for an awkward moment and then looked down, his arms crossed with a self-conscious lip bite. Indeed, he said nothing, only stood there and took up space. There out of the sun, it would be clear that the undersides of his eyes were just a little swollen, and the facial contortions associated with yawning just hinted onto his face for brief moments before he shook them off.

- Moss Adamaris -

Moss glanced to the door as he conversed with Isa. "Good morning, Charon." he added, smiling winningly. Isa knew this as his chef-to-customer charm.

When Moss first learned the survivor they saved joined them to repay them for saving his life, he had first thought, ah! He shall be our friend! But then the moment they begun their travels he avoided Moss except during meal times and seemed grumpy, and Moss was bewildered wondering if he had said something, perhaps a misunderstood joke over dinner, or maybe his food didn't taste so good, but Moss left it be, more concerned with de-stressing Isa and guiding the goliath through the ocean during the day and above the clouds at night.

He did surmise though that perhaps this was how their new acquaintance was, as he recalled what he was like back in Barad Eithel. Moss had no memories, he didn't interact with Charon back then either, only seeing him work on the portal and speak to the drows. And he realized, he kind of gave off that loner vibe, which Moss respected, giving him space.

Though Charon's grumpy face invited a challenge. The one where someone looks so grumpy you want to make them smile or laugh. Maybe that was Isa rubbing off of him, but Moss had started to casually try different approaches.

Pet Panda Pet Panda Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa held back his snort, noticing Moss’ smile before he grinned amicably. “Morning, grumpy pants.” He did the same as Moss did when it came to Charon; respected his space.

However, whenever they ate together, Isa would always try to get Charon to talk about random things. See if he’ll respond or not. Even when he didn’t, the redhead would still involve him in the light conversations like ‘let’s guess what spices Moss used.’ And ‘How many fingers do I have up?’

It was dumb, he knows, but he rather not touch Barad Eithel as a topic. Nor the drows and his experience within the war. Isa is stressed enough as it is with his discoveries and being underwater. Luckily for all of them, he stayed stable thanks to the merman of the group.

”Did ya sleep okay?” Isa asked nonchalantly, leaning his head on Moss’ shoulder.

Another odd feature of his torturous ride to this side of the globe was an arrested awareness of the guise he so cleverly built up around him to prevent himself from being tracked back to the mountains. Though he drew the ire of few over the course of his dealings with the apparent underbelly of society (he had only understood the true structure of things nearly a year later; at first he thought their secrecy and care were matters of exclusivity rather than truly wishing to conceal themselves from the authorities), he did not wish his true name to be used, just in case. Without consideration for the safety of his kin, indeed he worried more for the safety of any intruders wishing ill, he did not wish for his home, which he also understood a year later to be extraordinarily valuable, to become a vacation spot for greedy plunderers and righteous Templar knights wishing to rid the world of dangerous mechromantic knowledge. That journey sometimes departed from him strangely, especially at times like this, when he suffered so terribly for the past week and then drank in such a wonderful place, it felt distant and thin, and when Moss called him by 'Charon' his eyes fixed on those of the Merman confusedly. It reminds one of the times when a stranger calls a name and seems to look directly at you, he required a moment of confirmation to feel that Moss was, in fact, talking to him. Other than that, his eyes, which were the devices used to express nearly all the emotion he wished to express over the time they knew him. Usually, his entire face was at rest except for the muscles around his jaw and eyes, although at this time, his hair had began to grow down around his jawline and he started to part it down the middle. Tight expressions combined with the fresh and light linens he wore on his body imparted a monastic appearance this morning.

His lips parted so gently that it could have been a trick of the light after Moss spoke. When Isa greeted him, his eyes floated over to him and he blinked languidly. Their once doe-like appearance tightened and the light of attention trickled in during a moment, his eyebrow twitching at having been called a name. Moss' prying, which he did not particularly find distasteful and only made him feel chased after in a most flattering manner, was almost invited at this point. After nearly a week of isolating himself as much as possible, he found himself beginning to long for interaction again. The surprising bit is how much loneliness, even self-imposed, hurt. Sure, Nava was there, but she did not talk very much; he never learned that trick. However, when Isa kept trying to engage him during the trip, sometimes the reaction was delayed and he would fix Isa with a blank look and answer dumbly before coming to his senses; and at least once, he was asked something simple, similarly frivolous to counting how many fingers were being held up, and, having been deep in his own head at the time, answered completely incorrectly, in an equally embarrassing manner to if he had incorrectly counted the fingers, at which point he turned bright red, put his head down and continue eating. He had forgotten the occasion mostly, for it was only a tiny event in a long, terrible trip. He forgot nearly all about the embarrassment, and quietly hoped that he would not embarrass himself today. To Isa, he let a soft response go with a little bow, reminiscent of that of a drow.

"Hi... I slept passably during the time I could. My timekeeping device has been rendered defunct as a result of some random breakage, and so I stayed up rather late, working on the suit of armor for Nava so that I would make my appointment with Lysanthir," he responded just above the noise of the carriage moving along. The ire of being called a name fell away rapidly; acting grumpy after having been called grumpy is not a smart move anyway. He bowed a little toward Moss, whom he clearly favored between the two, "good morning to you as well... master Moss," he greeted equally as gently, with the conspicuous addition of an honorific.

Last edited:
- Moss Adamaris -

Moss was still not used to that. "Please, Charon, no calling me master," he waved his hands immediately, embarassed, "we're all equals here." He quickly changed subject. "So, me and Isa were talking about finding a safe place to stay and scouting out Shiva's temple, there's also L's mentor whom we could risk asking for panacea. What do you want to do?"

Pet Panda Pet Panda Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Sometimes, Isa didn’t know if he might be too much or too little when it comes to Charon, but he isn’t gonna change either. He’ll just find a happy medium as they travel. His lips pinched when Charon gave a little bow, not exactly comfortable with the odd formality. However he continued to grin and hummed quietly. Was Charon influenced by the drows they freed? Possibly. He did notice how comfortable the boatman was with Lysanthir—-

Isa focused back to the conversation, nodding in agreement; none of them were better than the other. His grin softened, looking more natural as he listened to the conversation. The sprout on his head bounced it’s leaves.

Charon's formality was reduced easily. His lower lip pushed out just a little, as it often does when he finds himself at odds with the 'mood,' and he amended, "well, I would say it to all of us, which would make all of us equally masters, no?" he quipped, though the second half of the statement was spoken rapidly and dropped off to a near whisper. With an awkward wave of the hand as though turning himself off of the correction, he shook his head and closed his eyes, setting himself to the conversation at hand. The waved hand dropped down to his side and he searched the doorjamb pensively, his green eyes widening with thought and trailing around wistfully, clearly not looking at anything present. After a moment or two of this, he lifted one finger to his chin and cocked his head to the side.

Suddenly it transitioned again to a sharp and concerned manner. Compelled both by an unexpected pain in his chest at having mentioned throwing himself off of a tower. Something like regret pinched him and immediately the displeased face of Lysanthir appeared in his mind, and all manner of threats in his very own voice trailed through his ears, ghostly and commanding. Meanwhile up above, he searched for a full picture of the situation and found his understanding lacking. He knew only of some difficult situation with a sickness from snatches of conversation -- he had never asked and Moss' initial explanation he found a vague memory.

"I... believe that perhaps we should not involve her mentor, but that is only because I do not want her to be in trouble. I think it would be simplest if we find out precisely where the elixir is being held, either blackmail an official to let us in under the pretense of finding damning evidence of another official, or trick an official into hiring us to dig up evidence on another, travel to it equipped with a non-magical device which would obscure vision so as to prevent us from being targeted with restrictive magical techniques or interference techniques, perhaps a portable metal wall or a simple smoke-screen -- and you might use that quite impressive, truly exceptional portal technique that I have seen you use so that we might return to this hidden caravan, and -- we shall make our departure. Or, well, if you wish to do so in that metal beast, I would sooner throw myself from whatever high tower they keep this elixir in," he relayed eloquently, smiling a false smile at the mention of the kraken-like titan they used to arrive. His smile was artificial and did not reach his eyes, and his eyes seemed haunted by its memory. The smile faded after a moment and his eyes dropped back to their half-lidded and demure manner while he waited for their responses. Secretly, he was quite proud of his idea.

Last edited:

counterplay-games-chapter-20-the-coming-of-rasha-and-the-fists-of-akrane-3-1-1600-logo.jpg
- Third Level, Vanar -

They agreed upon Charon's plan, and Moss, knowing that Isa was tired of dealing with people at the moment because of their whole adventure in Barad Eithel, volunteered to talk to whomever they decided to target. And so with that they left the caravan at the city wall and proceeded to scout out the temple.

It was easy through magic, costume, or stealth to disguise themselves as nobles and be allowed entry into the third level of the city. Here the walkways skirted the sides of the towering buildings, their opposite borders falling away into sheer drops and dizzying heights. Yet as beautiful and clean as Vanar was than the other settlements the party has visited so far, it was . . . backwater. Not a single machine, rune line, even magic lantern was in sight. Instead, ever burning branches that didn't seem to smolder stood on smoke blackened stone braziers, while inside homes in the shaded parts of the streets fireflies glowed inside jars or candles flickered on window sills. Pet monsters and slaves hauled heavy loads, while some wizards summoned what looked like spirits of flame, lightning, or frost as they worked their smithies or made temporary bridges across the chasms. There were stone shaping mages that worked on sculptures, and wooshing through the air were the ever present gryphon riding guards.

It was at the highest point, past many other temples that they saw the grand temple of Shiva. It smelled of healing herbs and it seemed to be part courtyard for healers, where the sick crowded around pools where robed individuals were casting spells, mixing herbs and applying it to their patients.

With a little mingling and talking they found a potential acolyte they could possibly use, one Acolyte Grisham, whom they learned wanted a rival acolyte out. He wasn't in the courtyard of pools, but going inside the temple in the guise of worshippers, they spotted him out gardening near the benches where the very sick, who took lodging in the temple for their health, rested and sought peace of mind away from the crowd.

Moss, who was disguised as a scholar glanced at wherever Isa and Charon were, before he took a deep breath and approached the acolyte.

Observing them from a distance, Isa saw him put on his 'chef face', just like that time they met where he first charmed him into eating takoyaki at his stall, and like that time they set up an eatery by the springs outside of Sanctuary, and it seemed like Moss and Acolyte Grisham were getting along.

They saw the acolyte's expression turn from genuine curiosity, to surprise, and then a sidelong look as if to see if anyone was listening, and then a look of suspicion, followed by an intense scrutiny, as Moss looked him in the eye and calmly continued talking. Acolyte Grisham paused for a long time, then said something. Moss shrugged, pocketed his hands and turned away, but then he called after him. And the two could see Moss smile a little, before his face became innocently earnest, and he turned around to listen to the acolyte again.

They both nodded at each other. And then Moss walked away towards where Isa and Charon were.

When the group got together somewhere, Moss gave a huge sigh. "He's interested. And he told me how we could ruin Naomi's reputation. He said she'll be coming back from the badlands tonight to present something to the Grand Cleric. If we can switch one of her specimens with a concoction he's giving me later, he said it'll ruin her presentation hopefully enough to make the Grand Cleric question her methods."

They all knew that the Grand Cleric was the leader of the entire Templar faction. It meant that they'd have to do the switch somehow before she gets into the palace, or it'll be trouble getting pass the guards.

- Isa Bianchi -

Indigo eyes looked up from where he sat, disguided as a regular citizen of Vanar. Dyed black hair combed back with a few strands sticking out at the front, simple white button up shirt, and black slacks. A dark brown cloak covered his body with the hood covering the sprout on his head. He looks like a person who just wanted peace within the temple, sitting on the thick rim of the fountain that spouted warm water from a vase.

Isa is grateful that Moss is the one that’s talking to the acolyte. If he did it, he is pretty sure that he would start setting things on fire should the acolyte set him off . Charon would definitely smack him with his tail by sheer anger if he did that, he is pretty sure the boatman would.

He spotted Moss, kept eye contact for a quick second before they did the same with Charon until the merman went up to their target. A one Acolyte Grisham. Then the redhead smiled before looking at the fountain peacefully. Once course, Moss would use his charm to sway Grisham like a costumer in his cooking stall. After a few minutes, Isa peeked over his shoulder to see how Moss was doing. Raising a brow when he saw him walking away from Grisham only for Grisham to call him back—ahhh. Baited. Moss baited him. After they talked some more, Isa trusted him and decided to stand up from his spot, casually walking away as if he was done with having his moment of peace.

Once the trio grouped up again, Isa leaned on the wall and crossed his arms. Then he snorted. “Why am I not surprised that he wanted to mess her up?” He commented before sighing. “Alright, so I’m assumming one of us will sabotage her while the other two hide away until said sabotage works and lure the guards away? Or is there another way of doing this?”

Better to ask in case the other two have a better idea.

Zer0 Zer0

- Shiva's Temple -
"Third Level, Vanar"

"He said Naomi's party will be stopping by Southaven village by midafternoon, before riding on here and arriving probably at seven in the evening." said Moss, thinking. "The village is a six hour ride from here, but if we fly we can get there before them, unless you guys want to sabotage them on the road between Southaven and here, or when they arrive in Vanar?"

Charon listened intently, his green eyes and face holding a thinly veiled amiable expression. His hands were crossed over his right knee on the rim of the fountain near Isa. Though he did not want to ditch his beautifully made, billowy linen nonsense, it was for utility's sake that he wore something similarly nondescript to Isa, even a similar cloak which nearly reached the ground so that he could effectively hide his tail. Reaching up to stroke his chin, he looked down at the water pensively. The ghostly expression of false pleasantness became creepy when he spoke in a sharp, quiet, serious manner, "I believe that the village is our best option. I do not wish to draw attention in this city. We are only there to... remove one object and replace it with another. I also do not necessarily trust the gentleman's potion," Charon rubbed his chin and dropped his hand, looking toward Moss.

"I can concoct something harmless in at most four hours for the occasion that this gentleman tries to give us something harmful or entirely too foul," he grinned thinly, rising and folding his arms, "I shall return to the cart at once to begin," he suggested, looking between them to wait for their leave.

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa nodded. “Okay, Then we’ll go to the village to sabotage both acolytes. I can use Shadow claw to fly us there or if we each can transform into birds, we can get there like that too.”

- Shiva's Temple -
"Third Level, Vanar"

"Birds may be safer. One of those flying gryphon riders might stop us and ask if we have Civy Seals." said Moss. "I'll be here and wait for Grisham to give me his concoction then. Shall we meet up in the caravan in four hours?" he pulled out a pocket watch.

- Isa Bianchi -

He nodded. Four hours should be enough.

Once the meeting was done, Isa reached for Moss’ hand and gave his knuckles a kiss. “See ya soon, Love.” He muttered quietly before he left. Deciding to stay in the caravan to prepare.

Charon seemed satisfied with their reactions. Despite his demure appearance and calm manner during the trip into town, he turned and followed Isa without hesitation. His eager steps brought him alongside Isa. His hands were folded before him and clasped together, a mechanism by which he pulled his shoulders back and leaned his head up. It was a noble posture, nose in the air and all. With it locked into place. It was only a moment after they left the area that he leaned over and cleared his throat politely, mumbling toward Isa, "could I ask you something which may be just a little personal?" he queried softly, his face turned slightly towards Isa, though his eyes roamed the streets.

- Moss Adamaris -
"Shiva's Temple, Third Level, Vanar"

Moss smiled shyly at Isa. "See you soon, luprisca~" he watched him go. Closer and closer they were getting to curing his friends and getting to Atlantis. He looked at the ring in his hand and took a deep breath, then glanced at a statue of the Ancient. "I hope you'll forgive us for what we're about to do here." and he walked away back to the gardens.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa smiled back at Moss before he left.

He got used to Charon’s steps, he wasn’t used to the noble posture he has going on. Then again, that’s the point of having disguises. The young man tilted his head towards the boatman, grinning gently as he slowed the pace a bit. His eyes observing the street they are walking in. Then he blinked owlishly.

Something personal? He doesn’t know if it’s bad to be curious, but he is.

“Sure. What’s up?” He asked quietly, muttering his words as he rather not speak outloud.

"Could you... tell me the story of, ah... how you and Moss became... as one?" he asked sheepishly, keeping his face turned away. He bit his lip angrily, as though trying to fight something. In spite of himself, a furious flush spread across his face. With furrowed brows, he reached up with an irritated air and placed a hand over his cheekbone between him and Isa. The more he commanded himself to quit blushing, the more blood seemed to rush right to his face. A pinched hiss escaped his lips and he continued in a sharp tone, "you need not recount every detail, but I must know how it felt in the beginning, and then after a little time, and how it feels now," he informed him evenly, as though handing down a research design to a laboratory worker. That tone contrasted the current battle he was having, angry 'tsk's and sighs emanated from him while he rubbed his cheeks aggressively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back