• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
gentleman's tavern.jpg
- Theseus Romanus -
"Please help me"

"Think nothing of it, think nothing of it." Laughed the boatman, pleased, huffing a warm breath on the ring, then rubbing it in his fur coat and admiring it in the light. He and the dockworkers went back to work with a swagger and a strut. The latter throwing Moss jealous looks, and the boatman giving Moss a stern eye that implied a threat of not paying him if he didn't do as the generous lady asked, because the trying-to-hide-sour look on Moss' face was plain to see.

He sighed, running a defeated hand across his jaw."I do owe you for helping me, Miss Valliant. I'm . . . Romanos. Theseus Romanos."

"That's not ---" began one of the dockworkers, but Theseus accidentally stepped on his foot, which sent him hobbling away, howling in pain.

"Yes, the tavern's that way." said Theseus quickly, and grabbed his backpack from the boatman's canoe, before stiffly offering a bubbleback toad slimed arm to Miss Valliant.

* * *​

"Just hang your slimy clothes on the door after you change, Miss Valliant, I'll clean them in a minute."

Theseus stood outside the washroom of The Gentleman's tavern, picking off bits of dry slime off his hair and casually smiling at the ladies lining up and giving him a curious glance as to why a man was waiting outside the ladies' room. His winter coat was immaculately clean and dry after only four minutes of bathing inside, and it was wrapped tightly about him. He wore his most awful brown tunic underneath and mussed up his hair to make himself look as unattractive as possible.

If Orgeat did as he asked, he'd go in after she was out, and reemerge a few minutes later with her clothes clean, pressed, and neatly folded. He handed it to her, before asking where she'd like to sit.

They had entered the Gentleman's tavern before lunch time. Patrons were just starting to come in, so many of the round wooden tables were empty, and most of those who were wandering were goblin bouncers were checkered bands tied around their arm.

The smell of cooking meat and garlic wafted through the air, along with a lingering scent of smoke and booze; a hunchback was behind the barman's table playing with a black cat that was curled up inside a bag, it's mechanical eyes glowing in the dim light.

Apart from the large tavern doors, there were four other doors on the first floor: one had a padlock with a sign overhead that said "Ragnite Power Room. Keep Out", another was open and seemed to lead to a busy kitchen to the right of the tavern, to the right next to a flight of stairs that led up to the second floor was a fancy looking door flanked by two goblins with the same checkered bands who seem to not letting just anyone in; and the fourth door seemed to lead out to the back judging by the window right next to it that showed a darkened backyard where there seemed to be a stable for guests sleeping overnight.

Right at the very back of the cavern was a caged stage. It had a mesh of wire fencing surrounding it, and a sign on the wall where one placed tipping hats welcomed bards and poets to play, and to see Ori the barman if they're interested.

Close to the tavern doors was a job board with wanted posters, scribbled notes looking for transporters, and some hunting jobs.
1. Common Labor
Reward: 1 Alchemical for 4 hours of work.
Location: Mine, River Docks, Market, Communal Smithy, Combat Pits.

2. Transport Goods Out of Town
Reward upon Delivery: 30 Alchemical if delivered within 2 weeks. Lesser if late.
Posted by: Anna of Anna's Ales in the Market

3. Monster Extermination
Reward requires proof of slaying: 20 Alchemical for every set of eight Nerubian Queen spider eyes you bring back.
Posted by: Imperator Mazzkin

4. Wanted Dead or Alive: Nine-toes
Reward requires proof: 60 Alchemical
Posted by: The Godfather

5. Wanted Dead or Alive: Mad Mel of the Hodunk Bandits
Reward requires proof: 100 Alchemical
Posted by: The Godfather

6. Find: Missing Husband
Reward: 6 Alchemical
Posted by: Mrs. Wylfrida

What would Orgeat like to do?

CoconutLeaves CoconutLeaves

- Isa's Caravan -
"Roger's Yass!, Top of Heart District , Sanctuary "

"Because he's going to want the you-know-what for himself. He's not part of my family, only everyone in the tavern." Liliana looked at Isa warily, and didn't give him the orb. "Did you tell him about what were doing?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa's Caravan -
Isa‘s grin grew tense and he pulled his coat closer. Letting the furred hood hide his face.

”No, I haven’t. There’s no merit in telling a greedy polar bear anything about this. All he believes is that you want out of here because of the sudden attack on you and I’d made sure he believes that.” He sounded nonchalant. Then he stood up and swiped his bag off the pink sofa.

”Is the food done? I’ll eat at the other bedroom.” He asked Therias quietly, ready to grab a bowl and spoon.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
Jeanne Du Valliant
Tavern

Treasure, that is what you are
Honey you're my golden star
You know you can make my wish come true
If you let me treasure you

Just as the scholar said, times have changes plenty. The rules of decency that the aristocracy once devoutly practiced and instilled in all classes have vanished, their ways kept only to the upper echelons and those who serve it. At risk of becoming irrelevant to a decaying yet rapidly changing world.

Yet, despite her travels, it was not the changes in machinery, mannerisms of the people, nor the advancements in magic and technology that hit her with that realization. Rather, as she exited the changing room, the slime off from her skin, she saw that her date had also readied himself. Gone was his rugged workman's clothes but a brown tunic of horrendous quality, as if the slightest movement would rip from it and signs of wear becoming evident. His somewhat neat hair was now a mess akin to a bush with twigs peering out. Of course he had no twigs.

If this was Glacierfall, she would have rightly been offended. Yet, as her emotions switched quickly, she took the most understanding route and realized, that the intent mattered most.

She was just a stranger, but still, he dressed up for her. He had honor and etiquette befitting a merman and realized that she was a lady who deserved to be taken out. The thought of it warmed her heart.

And as she sat across him, the music playing, she quickly studied him, her eyes doing a quick once-over on this dashing rogue in front of her. Her analysis quickly gave her the context, the reason for his change. In books, it is said that regardless of creature, when courting they always bring their best qualities out: Birds and their plumes; mammals and their strength; lizards and their colors. Their best quality or qualities, would charm the female.

While she knew Romanos would look stoppingly handsome, a messy Romanos was magnetic. His ruffled hair looked inviting as if it beckoned for her to play or tidy it, letting her hands feel each strand. It also allowed his teal eyes to stand out more, and she could feel the back of her neck standing with awareness and heat which she fought out with mental strength born from years of training in propriety. His lips were...she wouldn't go there, and when she looked at the tunic once more, she realized that it gave a feeling of familiarity, of someone you can speak to and did not care for what people thought of him. His body, corded with strength, and the areas of looseness which showed part of his neck and collarbone.

Viva, the ugly tunic! She mentally cheered.

She felt like a giddy school girl! Only, it wouldn't do for her to make him feel awkward with the brief silence. She was a lady, she knew she had to carry a conversation.

" I'm glad that no matter how much time has changed, the food still smells heavenly." She commented, knowing full well that mermen lived long lives. How old he was, she didn't know. But Romanos looked and behaved like a mature man, so that's the only thing that mattered.

"Despite the passage of time, it must be good to know that some things never change. Food, people, emotions, adventure, romance." she left a playful tilt in the last word, implying something with the sound and an accompaniment of a teasing smile before she saw the barkeep eyeing her with a questioning glance.

"Barkeep, your heartiest meal, sir! And a glass of your best spirits!" She spoke, trying to interject an energetic and townfolksy tone in her words but sounding much too cultured to pull it off, revealing only her upbringing.

However, her naivety made her think she pulled it off and returned to Romanos, her handsome, exotic, and attractive date. "And Adventure! Still with their adventure, even before the war with the ancients, people still searched for gold and glory." She glanced at the job board, taking note at the better paying ones. Guess the conversation wasn't lost on her that she was now in an adventure.

"Though I guess I am one as well. All it took was a visiting scholar who wanted to read some books that my family kept. His glowing book that had magic only hinted at a grand quest. It was hypnotizing!" She reminisced as she remembered that day. With a small sigh of nostalgia, she saw that someone, perhaps the barkeep's assistant, placed a honey colored brew in front of them. "His stories of the changing world however... well perhaps there's an adventurer in all of us seeing as I'm here." she laughed properly, her eyes filled with amusement drummed up by the music as she drank the ale while looking appreciatively at Romanos.

Quite the adventure alright.

Zer0 Zer0

Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary, East Lung District -
Hanging Farms​

The cackling that Sassy had released while she was still in the Godfather's chambers didn't cease once she had exited the room, in fact it actually increased. Sassy's laughter continued as she made her way to the hanging farms and only began to die down as she began to lose her breath, bending over with her hands on her knees as she tried to catch it, gasping and placing a hand on her stomach before it was brought up to her eyes to wipe away the tears that had developed their, streaking her thick black eyeliner as she did so.

"Oh! Pheeeeeew!!" She said loudly with a high pitched tone before she chuckled a few more times and shook her head mumbling, "my home town..."

Once her deliriousness had subsided, Sassy stood upright and placed her hands on her hips, rolling her head from side to side before she looked up at the farms. Her gaze drifted from her intended target towards the other sights to be scene in the area and she gave a sad shake of her head. Maybe it was because she had spent so much time in Surt's Fall that she had forgotten what the outside world could be like. She wasn't a seasoned C.U.R.E. member and hadn't gotten to select a post yet though it was coming up to that time.

She sighed as her eyes skimmed over the sight of the ancient statues that had been vandalized, wondering what was even the point of having put them there if only to let them be destroyed, but the sight which left her the most tender-hearted was that of the scavengers. It was hard for her dander not to get up when there were these comparatively luxurious establishments that were basically only taunting those that couldn't afford them and it made her angrier that the Godfather didn't use his position to help everyone, he just seemed as greedy as the other criminals that made their home there.

As she spied the statue of Uroda, her expression didn't change and she watched those that prayed for a moment before she strolled over to the statue as well She spent the next several moments listening in silence. She didn’t say anything to them before she wandered over to one of the groups of scavengers, offering to buy whatever bones they had, she did this with a few other groups that were there and even told them all she'd buy any future bones they managed to scrounge up as long as she was still in Sanctuary. She took the stash she had collected and walked back over to the statue of Uroda, placing the bones strategically around the carving and certain that each bit was touching the moss that covered her and the walls her likeness had been carved into. She then knelt in front of the statue, and closed her eyes, gathering her concentration and excluding any outside noises before she placed her hands firmly against the ground and spoke clearly and with a distinct solidarity of intention, "Blaženi se onie što gi dopira Uroda. So imeto na majka mi, neka bidat blagosloveni ovie luǵe!"

The spell was not unsuccessful... though it wasn't particularly successful either as the moss that had grown wouldn't be fit for eating and the mushrooms that also grew, would most likely only make someone sick if they ate them. Sassy groaned and shook her head, resting her hands on her knees before she stood up again and looked back at the people that had been worshiping there, hoping that the show of her ability might be enough to encourage them to allow her to use their offerings for the same. She was in luck because it seemed that she had offered them some hope and that made her glad. She did the same with their little wooden statuettes that they had made as offerings to Uroda, placing them on clean patches of moss that still lined the walls before she once again got down on her knees and focused with a renewed vigor as she whispered, "Te molam Mama ... Mi treba tvojata pomoš i tvojata raka."

She then repeated more loudly and steadily the same words she had before, though this time it seemed that her spell would not fail and the offerings that the people had allowed her to use would provide for a surging growth in the moss. Sassy leaned back and looked at the fresh growth, grinning from ear to ear before she rose from the ground and pointlessly dusted off her legs.

Zer0 Zer0

- Isa's Caravan -

Liliana bent down under his hood to try and catch his eyes and stare at them with extreme scrutiny." Okay then." she nodded, satisfied, and kept moving around trying to see his indigo eyes, confused as to why he was hiding his face. She rummaged in her messy hair, and then pulled out the tiny vault key, muttered a spell and it plonked back to its normal size. She handed it to him. "I'm sorry for doubting you after you protected me, Isa. I'm just paranoid." she sat back down on the floor.

When Isa asked about the soup, Therias shook her head. "No, the soup has to simmer for a while." She peered into the crockpot and ladled the soup, tasting it again. She pulled out a flask from her hip and drank from it. "It's cooked, but I just want a greater depth of flavor." she looked at L and Vidya too. "But if you guys are hungry, you can have some now. Where did we put the bowls, Vidya?"

"Over there --- oh, wait, no there next to the spices." Vidya came over to help. "We bought some really cute bowls, Isa." she grinned and showed him a set of eight, each made of wood and carved in bandit motifs. One was a cat skull with a blade saw sticking out from the top, another had three cat eyes two of which were closed with the eye above opened and it looked mesmerizing, another bowl had a kitty running with flames from its paws, all of them were cat related in some shape or form.

"By the way, Isa, what do I tell The Godfather so that he'll know I'm with you and he'll let me talk to the prisoner? Do you have something I can show him so that he'll believe me?" added Therias.

* * * *​

In the men's bedroom, it seemed Moss had taken the bottom of the bunk beds closest to the window. His spear and shield were on the covers, including a rolled up sleeping bag, a set of clothes, a sealed blue box made out of coral, a battle horn, and his leather bound foodie journal.

On another bed was a pouch that smelled of aromatic oils, soap, and what felt like round bath bombs. Scribbled in fading ice-blue glowing arcane runes on the pouch was:

'Thanks for a place to sleep, Isa.

- Moss '

There were two other new things in the room. Two large chests, each at the foot of one bunk bed that were unlocked, each with two keys inside.

x3 Hygiene Kit: +1 Condition when used during a long rest. +1 to Crafting Disguises. Also contains cosmetics and all manner of bubble bath bombs.
Katsuya Katsuya

- Theseus Romanus -
"Gentleman's Tavern, Bottom of Heart District, Sanctuary"

Oh no, it's not working. Why does he have to be so attractive?

Theseus twirled a fork dispassionately, fighting to keep his expression politely straight, his chin resting on his hand across the table, as Miss Valliant teased romance.

"Thank you." he told the barmaid after she plopped down the mugs of honey brew. "I take it then that you're searching for gold and glory as well, Miss Valiant?" He shifted in his seat, and then plunked his bare dirty feet on the table. He began to pick at the dirt between his toenails flicking it everywhere on the wood.

The barmaid returned and laid down two steaming platters of chocobo legs, shimmering with a glaze, and cooked so tender it was sagging off the bones. They lay on a bed of some creamy mash that smelled sweet.

- Uroda Statue -
"East Lung District, Sanctuary"

Sassy was immediately flocked by awestruck worshipers.

"A-are you an oracle of Uroda?!"; "How did you do that?"; "Who are you?"; "How did she do that?"; "Are you here to help us?" they talked all at once, and pushed to get a good look at her. A couple of Carvers on guard were greatly astonished and whispered to each other, before one of them ran off towards the west, and a curious four came forward to listen in too.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
Jeanne Du Valliant
Tavern

And I know someday that it'll all turn up
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And I promise you kid
that I'll give so much more than I get yeah
I just haven't met you yet

She sat straight just as he placed his dirtied feet onto the table. While his actions surprised her, it was his words that affected her more. Gold and Glory, was that how she painted herself? Of course she did not judge those who do, but she was a baronessa, seeking more through simple adventure seemed more of the trials and tribulations of the nouveau riche.

However, she placed that thought to a part of her mind to process a bit more. Using the time, she looked at his feet as he removed the lint carelessly, like he was at home. How long and beautiful his legs were. It put hers to shame as she imagined how many times she had to shave hers and as she glanced at his, how hairless his was. Mermen have all the luck.

Blood rushed to her face, her cheeks turning a vivid red as she gave herself the liberty to turn to the side. "You shouldn't behave like that. People might think we could be a married couple. Not that I would mind, but this early..." She murmured in a manner of a shy lady. Instead of looking at him, even more embarrassed, she focused on the food and with trained mannerisms, gracefully cut the meat in portions and ate with poised dignity.

"Regarding your question..." She paused as she took another piece and then swallowed it followed with a sip of the ale, the rush of shyness ebbing away letting her look at Romanos properly.

"I seek money to give my estate the proper funds to make a profit. New machinery, new crops, new workers, they all require money. I need not take from those who have very little and must resort to the same work to eke out a living." She paused then shook her hand, not even finding her own words convincing. "Of course, the greater reason is that I want to have a life of adventure, of experiences beyond my home, so that I may live a life with no regrets when I take up the responsibilities that I had temporarily left."

How boring she sounded. But she could also find no better way to express how she felt. It was the truth, and it was a truth she was satisfied with.

"What about you? What brings a merman this far away?" She asked, knowing full well that they would at least prefer to be close to the waters. The docks would be a stretch of that truth.

Zer0 Zer0

- Theseus Romanus -

Wh-why was nothing working? What kind of mannerisms did she grow up with that she would find his disgusting toenail picking akin to intimate matrimony?

He laughed. "No one is going to think we're a married couple." he swept his arms wide emphasizing how preposterous that was.

Twa's then that a barmaid placed a small candle in the center of their table. "For the happy couple." she smiled sweetly at them, before serving bowls of thick beans and spinach pottage.

"We're not ---" but she was gone. Theseus put his feet down, miffed. He grabbed a chocobo leg and wolfed it down with his hands. He chewed with his mouth open, let all the mash drip all over, and threw all manners out the window, as he listened to Ms. Valliant's story.

"Money . . . no one's used that word in decades." he belched loudly, spewing bits of meat everywhere. He looked at her with genuine curiosity this time. "You talk like one of those bards acting in a play of ages past."

He suddenly startled at her question. "How did you know I am merman?"

Jeanne Du Valliant
Gentleman's Tavern

Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell
You don't know, oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful

"Your horn." Orgeat placed her hand on her forehead, motioning and mirroring to the shape of his nub. "I read they'd be much larger but then again the book was quite outdated that much must have changed." She commented offhandedly as she continued to eat, appreciating the music. "Oh, I hope you didn't mind my pointing it out. I think the length of the horn was something to show strength? I have not properly read the book. Besides, details like measurements don't matter to me." She shrugged but decided that since the topic was brought up, she may as well keep asking.

"So what brings you to land? Surely, not to live a life carrying freights?" She asked. The power of the ale loosening her composed demeanor somewhat, letting her relax a bit. Of course, for a noble as composed as Orgeat, that meant slightly.

She sipped more on the ale and then studied Roman. Before, it was in appreciation of his finer beauty and pulchritudinous grace. Now she studied the features of the merman, trying to fit the descriptions of the text. His gills were gone, leaving nothing but human looking skin with no hint of discoloration. His legs did not have any scales or fins that mermans had, replaced with human legs, an evolutionary trait perhaps?

A few more questions formed in her mind but she awaited for him to speak.

Zer0 Zer0

- Theseus Romanus -

Theseus considered her for a moment, cartilage cracking between his teeth, as he chewed on the end of his chocobo leg like a dog.

"I'm cursed." he said simply. "I went to a sea hag because I heard that she could make knots out of hair that could turn my friends back from stone. She tricked me, and not only took my hair, but my tail, and my gills as well. My friends remain stones at the bottom of the ocean. I'm looking for a way to swim all the way back down."

He tossed the bone away and took a messy swig from the honey brew. "The outdated book that you mentioned, where did you read it?"

Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary, East Lung District -
Hanging Farms​

As she accomplished the task she had set for herself and all of the worshippers that had enough faith in her initial display of magic flocked around her, Sassy stood amongst them with the bright smile she had donned remaining on her face as she greeted them each like some sort of prophet, "the name is Sassafras Jenkins and I am here to help any way I can for as long as I'm here."

Sassy was aware of the nearby Carvers though she didn't really pay them any mind, keeping her focus on those that followed Uroda, "if you've heard my name then you prolly know I got a fight with The Godfather tonight! For now, gather this moss and make yourselves some grub and I hope to see ya'll later!"

She gave them all a wink and touched the side of her nose, urging the Scavengers to help gather so that they all could have an at least relatively decent meal since their pots were already cooking anyway. After all that was said and done she moseyed on over to The Gentleman's Tavern to make good on her promise there. She walked right up to the Goblins at the door, well aware of not being allowed in.

"Heya fellas!" She greeted with a salutary wave as she marched right up to them, leaning on a barrel beside the door, "now... I know you aren't s'posed ta let me in but I'm gonna' settle up with The Godfather tonight and before I do I gotta' make good on the deal I made with Ori."

Sassy then stood upright and placed her hand over her heart, "I swear I won't make any trouble, I just told him I would help with his ECHO, ya know? I'll be gone once that's done, I promise -- and I'm a woman of my word!"

Zer0 Zer0

Maximillian Bonaparte
- Sanctuary -
Gate​

It wasn't often that Max made it out of the Sunken Temple. There were miles and miles of ruins to explore and it was a difficult task because a lot of it was underwater. While there were places that could be investigated without the use of magic or some sort of breathing apparatus, the whole tower needed to be mapped out so that these spaces could be marked and that took a lot of time when your group only had five or so members at any given time. The time that wasn't spent exploring was often spent identifying and categorizing objects that they found in the ruins and of those they had to determine which objects would likely be useful towards their end goal and which would be of value elsewhere. Over time they had developed a pretty decently sized collection of items, though for safety's sake, they wouldn't take these items anywhere until one of the many Nomadic tribes that travelled the land passed through.

When word reached them that one such tribe had arrived in the Highlands, Max gathered his things and the objects of value and joined them in going wherever they might be headed. He had no problem acting as a caravan guard and as it was with many of the tribes quite often, he saw a few faces that were familiar to him and could vouch for him. It often paid to have his upbringing and the Nomads were happy to have is offered protection and skill.

The idea of traveling as a group was a good one because while it could attract the attention of bandits, there were more people to fight them off so the larger the group, the easier it was to get through safely. Especially for Max considering his mode of transportation wasn't exactly the most inconspicuous. The trip to Sanctuary was rather uneventful and Max arrived with the rest of the group looking like some sort of skeleton man with his skull helmet on but wrapped with a nice gray woolen scarf over his leather jacked and armor. He always wore his equipment when he rode because it would be too difficult to try and equip it should something go awry and bandits attack.

When it came to be his turn he unwrapped his scarf and removed his helmet to reveal his blonde hair that was nearly white and totally slicked against his head because of his helmet and his glasses still readily on his face, not because he couldn't see without them just he preferred to see clearly. He paid his toll without complaint, eager to get inside to the warmth of Sanctuary and meet up with the C.U.R.E. members that he had seen frequently over the years but that didn't know he was coming this time.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
Jeanne Du Valliant
Gentleman's Tavern

Those poor unfortunate souls
So sad
So true
If you wanna cross the bridge, my sweet
You've got the pay the toll
Take a gulp
Take a breath
Go ahead
Sign the scroll

"That's unfortunate. Treachery." Orgeat listened and nodded sympathetically at his story. She didn't know much about the other races, but Romanos story seemed to have its own complex dimension. Understanding the subtext of his change of topic, she decided to answer him.

"My family has a library filled with books. However, they are collections from centuries spanning to before the war. Since a good portion came before the war, that left us only with the ones we could read and the others to translate. You could say it's part of my family's duty to translate and transcribe them in the tongue we speak now." She continued eating her meal, surprised at how little was life. Heavens, she was surprised at how hungry she was.

Zer0 Zer0

- Gentleman's Tavern -
"Bottom of Heart District, Sanctuary"

The goblins blocking Sassy's way, one of whom was Grug, regarded her for a moment, before he said. "Wait here." and yelled at Ori that Sassy was here to see him. Moments later, the hunchback came out of the tavern with his broken ECHO and a toolkit in one hand, and Nibblet peering out of Sassy's bag in the other.

"Hey there, Sassy, afternoon." he said handing her her things. Nibblet mewled at Sassy, and popped out of the bag, bunting her chin and purring loudly. "Thanks for coming over to fix this, Grug just told me that you actually have a fight with The Godfather tonight?" he led her to the back of the tavern building, where he pulled out two barrels from the stables and set up the ECHO, toolkit, and spare parts on one of them.

DC 10 Artisan Agility roll to fix the ECHO device. You have +1 with the tool kit.

- Theseus Romanus -

"Those books are treasures. Be careful talking about them where Templars could hear, they'll raid your family's estate for heresy." He whispered, casually looking around the bar for anyone eavesdropping. "My lips are sealed though, since I'm also looking for old knowledge that'll help me survive the depths. This is quite the meeting, I didn't think I'd learn something like this talking to you, Ms. Valliant."

He stopped eating like a dog, wiped his face clean, and for the first time in their meal used the spoon to eat the mash on his plate properly.

"Apart from the scholar, has anyone else visited your family looking for ancient knowledge in the past six months?"

Jeanne Du Valliant
Tavern

I wanna see your brown skin shimmer in the sun for the first time
I try to be the one who knows just what to do to you to get me that smile
One chance of meeting, you were walking by me on the street and I said hi
And that was the beginning of my heart spinnin’ like these wheels in my head tonight
It’s gonna be a long, hot summer, we should be together
With your feet up on the dashboard now

What was it with those books? Orgeat wondered in confusion as she watched Romanos's behavior shift from his almost comfortable and intimate behavior to a formal, keen manner. She had always assumed that interest in translating those texts were more for those with an obsession of the past. Something for scholars and academics to ponder over in universities, not taken by...the templars?

She probably should learn more about the political factions that have taken root of the world. And yet...and yet, she did not feel in the mood to join him on this topic. She enjoyed his shy, yet intimate nature moments ago. Now, this talk of business seemed to threaten a good time that she was enjoying.

"No, not a soul has stepped foot into my estate since the ice melted. Except the scholar of course." She politely answered her question. The hum of the alcohol has now gone to her head and she could feel the soul of the music playing. Then, an idea took root.

"If you'd like to know more about the books," She huskily spoke, her finger on his lips, shushing him from the topic as she stood. Her eyes filled with merriment.
"Join me on a dance. For each song and dance, I'll answer more about our ancient tomes, scrolls, and collections both in the forgotten tongue and the one we speak" She bargained.

With the perfect crescendo of the song, she took his arm and began to twirl as she danced a solo dance. Footwork quick and strong that moved in timing with the music. Each spin and twirl, each turn she made around him, a dance old yet timeless as she invited him. Her eyes smiling with no expectation from him, only the welcoming to join her in a cotillon that would lead him to more answers.

Zer0 Zer0

- Theseus Romanus -
"Help me pleeeeeeeeease"

Theseus' jaw stiffened, as he fought the urge to ball his hand holding the spoon into a fist. Only the promise of much sought knowledge kept him from leaving the table indignant at being treated like this woman's boy toy.

And so it was with great stiffness that he allowed himself to be steered to the dance floor, a nerve ticking on his forehead, as he struggled to smile charmingly at this confounded master flirter.

"I would be happy to dance with you, Ms. Valliant." he said between gritted teeth, and bowed rigidly.

Silently imploring Leviathan to come and save him, for anyone he knew to come in that door and save him, Theseus extended a hand, held Ms. Valliant's waist, and danced.

"First song, first question, tell me all about the scholar, his name, his looks, what was he looking for?"

Jeanne Du Valliant
Gentleman's Tavern

Baby, this is what you came for
Lightning strikes every time she moves
And everybody's watching her
But she's looking at you, oh, oh
You, oh, oh, you, oh, oh
You, oh, oh, you, oh, oh
You, oh, oh
Oh, oh

"First question? Three subsets? No, no." She smiled as she saw him stiffen. Poor darling, he must not be used to this. Very well, she'll take the lead. "Your first question shall be his name. Lorenzo Alvares." She said as she turned, her back inches from his front, her neck close that he could smell the clean scent of her skin. And naturally with grace, she turned once more, facing him. Dancing with him in a vigorous mixture of swing and waltz that had the youthful energy of their modern crowd.

Still, not only the books, but even the scholar.

"Why the curiosity about him? I know you mermen are smart people, however, if you were truly an academic, would you not find work in the universities?" She asked, wondering why he seemed driven.

Perhaps, it was personal. A grudge, a missing acquaintance, an exiled lover? But he did not seem to be a merman by any stretch of the imagination. Her eyes glanced at him, a questioning look before she made a series of moves, earning her cheers and whoops from the crowd as she did her own playful solo to the music, then she made one more grand gesture. Her body arched, she took a step back as their arms were stretched apart by the distance. Then like, a strung yo-yo. she twirled once more, letting his arm roll around her waist as their faces were inches apart.

She winked at him. She placed her arm around his waist and tipped him low, his body bent as she moved her head forward, her lips near his ears.

"Mr. Alvares is an older dark haired man, taller than me. But you're much more handsome." She teased the last part as she returned him to position, the music ended.

Letting go, she curtsied to him then stood once more, her hand towards him.

"I've already told you some details about him gratis much earlier which would answer your third subset. Therefore,what would your third question be?" She asked, wondering if she teased him too much. Yet also observing if his curiosity about the scholar would overcome the teasing and he would soldier on.

Zer0 Zer0

- Theseus Romanus -
"A Merman's Charm"

Playing hard to get. He returned Ms. Valliant's smile with a grimace, as he effortlessly glided across the dance floor with her, grabbing the excitement of onlookers.

Theseus laughed, which made the barmaids swoon. "What era do you come from? Any knowledge of the old age is forbidden." he added quietly in the din of the music. "There are mage hunters who capture and burn people like us. All the great libraries have been raided and set aflame, there's only the Cerberus Assembly in Vanar, and even that is just a place where the Templars lock those secrets away and don't let people who need it use it." his eyes steeled over, recalling bad memories. This expression though caused many a man to feel babumps in their hearts.

For a moment, Theseus struggled whether or not to reveal to this complete stranger his true quest. They needed a lead badly, but on the other hand she could tell people they were looking for . . . He was unwilling to say. Suddenly he was whirled out of his thoughts, as he found his nose inches from hers. He was dipped, she came even more uncomfortably close --- older dark haired man, taller than her? That could be anyone. He needed more. Should he tell her after all?

The crowd applauded after the song ended. Theseus stood, a tad out of breath. He looked hesitantly at her outstretched hand. Another thing he had to consider: any more of this and Ms. Valliant's flirtations may go to a place where he wouldn't be able to control his irritation.

His jaw settled hard. He's going to have to give more to get more. "Tell me," he removed his winter coat and tossed it to the side (many women squealed), "where is," he unbuttoned the first few clasps of his tunic, "your family's estate?" He placed his hand gently on hers.

Under the tavern lights, there was something princely in the dreamy way he swept her off her feet. As if all the world fell away and all that was there were those deep teal eyes.

The crowd was caught in the spell of his rhythm. The way one would stare at old Atlantean marble statues and wonder who the muse of the sculptor was that inspired them to immortalize their graceful beauty in stone?

To the alarm of the goblins bouncers, their patrons began to faint one after the other. Ladies, men, slumped down their tables with loony lovesick expressions, and heart bubbles popping pleasantly above their heads.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary, Bottom of Heart District -
The Gentleman's Tavern​

With her arms coquettishly held behind her back, Sassy gave Grug an obedient nod, her blue gray eyes couldn't possibly look any more doll-like than they already did as she looked at him like a good little girl and watched him steadily before she grinned at the other goblin like a little imp. When Ori appeared, Sassy gave him an enthusiastic wave and happily accepted Nibblet.

"Heya!" Was her greeting to Ori before she focused on Nibblet, rubbing her cheeks against the little kitty's head affectionately, "Nibs! Aaaaw... I missed you too!"

Her attention then returned to Ori mostly, though her gloved fingers still rubbed around Nibblet's neck and head, "Yup! I told you I would, didn't I?"

She couldn't help but let out an abrupt chuckle as he mentioned the fight and shrugged her shoulders as she followed him around back, setting down Nibblet's bag after he set up the barrels for a workspace. She went about unbuckling the straps of her gloved leather shrug and removed it, exposing the metal of her right arm for the first time as well as her excessively tattooed left arm. Delicate work required a delicate touch and she wanted the full use of her fingers while she worked on the Echo.

"Yeah. That I do. Either I win tonight or... kweek" she voiced the sound effect as she slid her thumb across her neck to signify that she'd be dead before she lifted one of the tools Ori had brought with him and began to take apart the ECHO, "not only that, but he says he's gonna' eat Ralph while I watch."

The way she broached the subject was very nonchalant, like either she didn't believe it or didn't even care. She set to work on the ECHO deftly, her fingers testing parts here and there as she determined what the issue with the ECHO was and before long it was completely fixed as good as new. Though she didn't stop there and whether or not Ori noticed while she continued to chat with him, she used nail polish to paint a little caricature of herself on the back and signed it 'Sassy <3.'

Zer0 Zer0

Jeanne Du Valliant
Where am I?

These dreams go on when I close my eyes
Every second of the night I live another life
These dreams that sleep when it's cold outside
Every moment I'm awake the further I'm away

Orgeat suddenly felt like she....no, she knew she bit off more than she can chew the moment the merman took off his winter coat, and the squeal's of onlookers pierced through then silenced. She knew they fainted, the sound of the thuds echoing, but her eyes couldn't look away from him. She was spellbound.

However, in for a penny, in for a pound. She gave the challenge and she must rise to it. Yet, she knew the battle was already lost as she looked at his teal eyes and felt like the deep sea was engulfing her. Her cheeks flushed, her breathing heavy as they began to dance once more. His dance was more graceful, mesmerizing, as if he was showing off his true capabilities as a merman.

He asked her the question. The sound of the roaring glacier waters in her ears. She had never been to the coast, but she could only imagine it would be this similar. Her mouth felt dry as the cool hair entered through it. She was losing control of her faculties.

She was amazed and yet also fascinated at how his dance affected her so. Struggling to go on the offensive, she faltered immediately as she made her witless. She felt as if she were in some pleasant dream, and only his teal colored eyes kept staring at her.

"It', it's..." She stuttered as the world turned around them, as if the stars were observing them. A cosmos whirling in her eyes as her breathing quickened to new highs.

The excitement was too much. She felt her body go slack as the darkness enclosed her and she could see only nothing. The last thought simply being...

Viva mermen!!!

Zer0 Zer0

- Isa’s Caravan -
“Roger’s Yass!, Top of Heart District, Sanctuary”

Despite his half-hearted efforts to cover his face with his hood, Liliana spotted a hint of sickly yellow veins covering his usual indigo eye color for a quick second. He shut his lids before she could really see what’s going on and tilted his head like a curious kitten. Letting out a ‘hm?’ as he listened to her explanation and nodded. Though he jumped when she handed him the vault key, not expecting it to be in his hands. So he peeked through one of his eye’s lashes. The hints of yellow disappearing.

“It’s no issue.” He replied smoothly, his grin softening as he stood up. “I just thought you’d like to get away from me, that’s all.”

The redhead tilted his head again and nodded at Therias’ response. He hasn’t moved from his spot until he was sure that the ladies weren’t close to check on the window glass and- yep. The color is gone. Isa huffed in quiet relief before turning his head around to see the . . . Cat bowls. He snorted and chuckled at the images, raising a brow at Vidya, walking closer to grab the bowl with a running flaming cat. “Yes, they are very cute. Were they on sale or something?”

“Hmmmmmmm~” The motorist pondered for a moment, rubbing under his chin with a finger playfully. Then he snapped his fingers with a wide grin, looking like a cat. “Tell ‘em that Rider is still not intimidated by his threat towards Sassy~ That should make ‘em laugh. If not, then . . . Just say the Rider Isa is your friend like Sassy.”

He stayed with the ladies for a few more moments while eating, listening in to whatever they might be talking about. He’d only say something if someone asked him a question or an opinion. Then after washing his bowl, he made his way up his room, sighing as he closed the door behind him. Plopping his bag down on the floor, he sat down again and it is here that he noticed the small pouch. A red brow raised again, looking at the pouch and reading the arcane runes.

“What in the- . . . Oh!” Isa blinked owlishly before letting out a ‘hmph’. His grin softened more into a warm-hearted smile. “Well I’ll be. He actually used my name this time . . .”

Then he coughed and shook his head, scratching and ruffling his own hair. His face twisted into a ‘ewwwww’ expression as his cheeks hinted pink. “Not now, Isa! Lord Loki, tell me: why am I surrounded by a bunch of fluffs? Testing my limits of social gatherings again? It’s bad enough I had a close call —- and I have to live with them too. Argh! Whatever! I’ll just . . . Not . . . Lose control, that’s all.”

Calming down from his fluster and fluffedness, Isa took out his uncle’s notes and started to find all the different runes to see if they matched. Wanting to decipher the vault key’s runes as he hummed a quiet lullaby. He yawned, eyelids growing heavier and heavier as he tried to focus on his notes.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Gentleman's Tavern -
"Bottom of Heart District, Sanctuary"

Moss was tempted to let Ms. Valliant fall, but he caught her in the last second, sighing in disappointment. He had failed to learn where the scholar was.

Outside, Ori frowned in concern, as he listened to Sassy. "Why are you fighting him?"

- Isa’s Caravan -
“Roger’s Yass!, Top of Heart District, Sanctuary”

"Oh, not at all, Isa, I just wanted to know if you told him anything. " said Liliana, smiling at him reassuringly. She hopped over to where Vidya was, the gnome's head shorter than their little kitchen counter, and reached for a bowl too.

"Nah, we got them because they were funny." Vidya said to Isa. "Liliana . . . do you still want us to call you L? I don't mind, I understand why you'd want your identity kept a secret." she said kindly to the little gnome, as she poured soup for her.

"Yes, please!" nodded L vigorously, accepting her hot bowl. "And I encourage you guys to do the same too. As The Gentleman always tells me, it's a small misdirection, but it helps make it hard for those hunting you to find you, and makes it harder for identity thieves to pretend they're you."

When Isa told Therias what to say, she nodded at him in thanks, then the three ladies sat around their table and dug into their soup. Vidya continued the conversation the ladies were having before Isa arrived, about how cats were actually dragons in disguise. L and Therias didn't believe that, and so Vidya asked Isa what he thought about the lineage of cats. Also if it was weird to eat ice as a snack, something that L liked to do. Therias mostly kept quiet, content to listen to them as she drank from her flask.

She casually watched as Isa went upstairs, absently rubbing the throwing knife strapped to her side. She didn't react as L yawned, then nodded off to sleep on the table in her arms. And Vidya just slid sideways off her chair, snoring. Therias caught her, before she could hit the floor, and lowered her gently without noise. She listened intently to Isa upstairs. He was humming a lullaby. And then quite suddenly, he stopped, and there was a little soft thud.

Therias drew two knives.

Katsuya Katsuya

Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary, Bottom of Heart District -
The Gentleman's Tavern​

It was a thing to wonder about, what went on inside Sassy's head. At a glance it didn't seem like anything other than nonsense just because of her mannerisms and general demeanor. She didn't appear a crazy sort instead rather calm with a potently goofy side to her. She finished her little decoration and handed it back to Ori, giving him a bright smile with an air of whimsy to it, "if ya' ever need help with it again, or anythin' else, just head on over to Razzle's Dazzle, they'll help ya' out!"

Sassy gave him a wink then and ruffled his hair before she gave him a peck on the cheek and skittered off. She didn't exactly have time to stay in any one place for long given her late start to the day and her impending match with the Godfather. She held Nibblet's bag close against her chest as she moved briskly to the very place she had recommended to Ori.

Zer0 Zer0

david-fortin-eridium-mine-1.jpg
- Razzle's Dazzle -
"2nd Level, Heart District, Sanctuary "

"Er, alright." said Ori, taking the ECHO gratefully, and chose not to ask Sassy any more questions on her beef with the Godfather. He chuckled when she kissed his cheek. "I'll be sure to give them a holler!" he said after her. "Good luck in your fight, Sassy!"

+1 Sanctuary Influence Points to Sassy for feeding the poor.
+1 Sanctuary Influence Points to Sassy for fixing Ori's radio​

As the name implies, influence points allow you to push your weight around in a faction. It is a form of currency that can be used to buy items or favors, and is acquired by helping the common folk in those factions or performing quests for important members of that faction.The list below is a few examples you can use Influence points on:
  1. Prison Bail Discount
  2. Shopping Discount
  3. Perform small requests
  1. Entry to a semi-private club
  2. Supply illegal parts
  3. Information about a certain subject or organization.
  4. A small crew helps you achieve a low risk, high reward operation.
  5. Skilled Craftsman who'll lend you their talents.
  1. Entry to a private club or meet a very notable person.
  2. Supply rare parts.
  3. Information about a certain subject or organization that carries risks revealing.
  4. A small crew helps you achieve an average risk, high reward operation.
  5. Own land and set up residence or a business.
  1. A small crew helps you achieve a high risk, high reward operation.

Influence points can go down if you commit crime or do something against the faction.
* * * *​

"Heeeeeey!" Roy gave Max an enthusiastic clapping handshake after the tattooed bodacious dude came rumbling up the path on his motorbike. "Been a while, Max, how you've been?"

It was lunch time, and there was the sound of running water and the clinking of cutlerty inside the shop. "Hi, Max!" called Lilith from a window where she was washing plates.

Soren peered out from one of the flobber worm burrows next to the shop where he was trying to get one stubborn worm out, and smiled when he saw another friendly face. Alura didn't seem to be in the shop. Meanwhile, the cats in the area had scattered when they heard the rumble of his motorcycle, and now many curious gleaming eyes gazed at him from underneath their junk and furniture.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary, 2nd Level Heart District -
Razzle's Dazzle​

"Thanks Ori!" Sassy had a way of being that made it seem like she had long known people she only recently came in contact with, especially when she liked them, and this was how she treated Ori as she gave him a finally wave and skipped down the alley.

The first thing she did once she arrived at Razzle's Dazzle was head to her bunk where she put Nibblet down before dumping out the rest of her belongings and carrying the bag of in search of Soren. When she found him, she wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed. She was quite fond of him and she couldn't really say why, though it helped that he repaired her gear previously, "thanks for the fix! Think ya' could do somethin' about this?"

She presented the leather pouch she typically wore hanging from her belt and donned her English accent "I got inta a bit o' a ruckus wif some Carva's luv, n one bloke cut me bag's straps!"

Zer0 Zer0

- Razzle's Dazzle -
"2nd Level, Heart District, Sanctuary "

Soren was in the sleeping quarters putting on working gloves. He gave Sassy a surprised hi, before he went red and stuttered; "C-course I can, Sassy." he patted her back awkwardly. "I'll have it fixed for you in a minute." he took the pouch and went to the workshop area and took out an old sewing kit, knife, and a roll of leather from a junk pile.

"Are you okay? What did the Carvers want?" he said as he patted the dust of the leathers and began measuring out a new strap.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
and
Maximillian Bonaparte
- Sanctuary, 2nd Level Heart District -
Razzle's Dazzle​

"That's mah man!" She squeezed his shoulder as she backed away from him and handed over the pouch, following behind him with her hands on her hips as he went to repair the object in question, "ooooh... hahahahaha!"

One of her hands moved to the back of her head as she rubbed her neck awkwardly, "oh I'm fine... this was yesterday!"

She placed her hands on the table, careful not to disturb his workspace and seamlessly changed the subject, "ya know, after my fight with the Godfather tonight, you should let me treat ya to dinner!"

She emphasized the request with a wink before she patted the table, "speaking of, I got some things to take care of before then!"

There wasn't much she had to take care of before the fight, in truth she actually just wanted to take a nap but her first order of business was to go and tend to the withering garden in the C.U.R.E. HQ which she did so tenderly because these were her comrades even if she didn't see them that often. She got down on the ground next to the garden and placed her hands on the dirt, closing her eyes. Her position just like the one she took when she had encouraged the moss to grow at the statue of Uroda, "Po volja na Uroda, ostavete gi ovie rastenija da se obnovat."

Her gentle words and concentrate revitalized the little plants and she sat back, smiling calmly for a moment before she was up and out the door, heading for the market to buy some things she might need later.

When she returned to the C.U.R.E. HQ, after all the activity she had that morning, she decided to rest up until it was time for the fight. While she was resting, a certain muscle bound dork slowly idled up to the garage on his motorcycle before shutting it down and kicking down the stand so the bike wouldn't fall over once he dismounted. Still straddling it, he removed his helmet which he had put back on after entering the gate but had only wrapped his scarf around his shoulders and tucked it into the front of his jacket instead of going back through the whole turban look. With his helmet tucked under one arm, he grinned at Roy as he stepped up, returning the handshake just as firmly, "Yooooo... been good Roy, been good! How're things here?"

He carefully moved away from the motorcycle, placing a hand over his heart as Lilith came into view, "man, I tell ya' Lilith, you are a sight for sore eyes and my eyes are really sore so I hope you don't mind if I stare!"

He nudged Roy in the ribs with his elbow and gave an upwards nod of his chin as he raised his brows, as though he thought that line was one of the best. He gave a wave to Soren as he popped his head out too and stretched his legs a bit before setting his helmet down on his seat, rolling his shoulders and tilting his head from side to side, "I got some stuff from the Temple here that we thought would be worth somethin'."

Max patted the large bag that was tied tightly to the back of his bike right behind where he would normally sit. His shotgun-axe was in its holster on the side of the bike so that if he got into combat while on the go it would be easy enough to grab and as it usually was when he travelled, his shield was strapped to his arm and he was wearing his shoulder guard and gauntlet on the opposite side, "you guys can have a look see and decide who would pay more."

With a wink he patted Roy's shoulder, "looks like I'm just in time for some grub! I'm starved!"

5b688da3aa914269484437fd0a40afb8.jpg

Lashings: Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
Cost: 5 Metal
Block and Tackle: A wooden pulley that when set up with rope allows you to haul up to four times the weight you can normally lift.
Cost: 5 Metal
Fishing Rod: +1 to Survival rolls when fishing.
Cost: 5 Metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back