• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
Gentleman's Tavern​

Honestly, who would want anything to do with Sassy when she had only just arrived and was already making trouble for those around her but more importantly herself. She couldn't exactly blame Ori for the expression he gave her which was why she was trying to give him incentive to work with her, and hopefully it was enough to keep him from making any problems for her when it came to Nibblet. He had already unwillingly done her a favor so he didn't seem too bad and considering L trusted the owner of this establishment and named it a safe place, she hoped that The Gentleman did indeed live up to his name and that those that worked with him were just as trustworthy.

With a slight smirk at Ori's decision to agree to the offer, Sassy offered her right hand to seal their deal, which after Ori grasped it, he would easily be able to tell that what was beneath that long leather glove was decidedly firm and likely not organic, "she's a good girl, she'll mostly just stay in her bag unless she needs to take a tinkle or make a poo and she'll let you know if she gets hungry."

Sassy then turned her attention on the bag that Ori was gently feeling around on, cracking open the flap again so that Nibblet could see Ori, "Nibs. I gotta' take care of something but I'll be back. This is Ori, he's gonna' look after you while I'm gone," as the information was delivered, Nibblets eyes glowed a little more brightly and she hunkered down in the bag before looking back to Ori as though taking in his appearance, her little eyes intelligently scanning his features. Sassy gently rubbed her head with the fingertips of her left hand to which Nibblet closed her eyes and appeared a little more at ease as Sassy lowered the cover again which was never too tight to prevent Nibblet from exiting as she pleased, "thanks again Ori."

She paused a moment as Vidya addressed her and offered a similar grin to the one she was given, "Sassafrass Jenkins!" As Sassy spoke, she went about the task of making sure the various buckles she wore were secure and holding her visible effects in place before she rolled her shoulders and tilted her neck from side to side, "ah! Thanks! Now... if you will excuse me, I have somethin' I gotta' do."

It was then that Sassy strode towards the tavern's stable entrance and peered out, seeing if the Carvers that had been standing guard there were looking her way. As soon as she was sure they weren't, She crept out into the stable and when she thought the time was right, she charged one of the Carvers there, aiming to coldcock them in the back of the head. Her goal never to outright murder the guards despite their reputation, but if they took a more deadly stance on her, she'd never be too timid to draw her own weapons.

Zer0 Zer0 @AI10100 Katsuya Katsuya

GEAR:

Health: Fresh | Toughness: 11 | Spell DC: 11 |Manna: 4
Condition: Fresh

Weapons: Assault Rifle (Spud), Tactical Knife, Spiked Club (Tonks)
Shield:
Armor: Reinforced leather jacket and leg guards
Accessory I: Goggles - Protection against the elements
Accessory II: Handcuffs - Can’t have FUNction without fun!

Faction Influence:

INVENTORY:

Metal: 86
Alchemical: 21

Arigami - You can summon, dispel, or teleport your weapon back into your hand, this makes the weapon immune to being disarmed. Arigamis are rare parasitc dimension-warping monster bonded to one person's shadow that takes the shape and properties of the weapon it eats. You can change weapons by letting it eat it, but it cannot revert to a previous weapon unless it eats the same kind again. Arigami's are harmless parasites that feed on the magic of the one they are bonded to. When it's eating a weapon, an eye appears somewhere, then the blade warps, grows metal teeth and a mouth and chomps away. An Arigami weapon automatically pops out of the shadow of its dead owner if it's not out already and maintains its weapon form. When it's picked up, it makes its identity known to seek out a new bond. Nobody knows the real form of an Arigami. (x2)
- Soporanduru (Spud) - The first of the two Arigami that Sassy obtained while ruin exploring. Because it was the first, it tends to have a jealous streak whenever Sassy uses Tonks instead and is sometimes uncooperative because of this.
- Tonkaratsu (Tonks) - The second of Sassy’s Arigami, Tonks is laid back and thinks that Spud is silly and typically corrects Sassy whenever she says its name despite the fact that she totally ignores it.

Chocobo (Ralph) - Your faithful mount. Has a 3 Hex speed on the world map. Can carry 2 people with an extra carrying capacity of 40 when saddled.

Smoked Bacon - A kitty's gotta' eat.

Last edited:
- Round 1 -
"Stables, Gentleman's Tavern "

• Ori was startled a little when he shook Sassy's hand. "Gotcha. Hellooo, Nibs." he smiled gently and extended one calloused finger in front of her little nose for her to sniff. "Her eyes . . . " he looked up at Sassy. "Well I'll be, that's new. No problem, just don't cause any more trouble for the tavern." he added, taking the bag and tucking it in an open cabinet behind the bar table.

Vidya waved her good-bye. "Aaaand she's gone." she said looking like she had wanted to talk to her more. Ori returned to speaking with Therias and gave them each a key to their shared room. Suddenly, from the direction of the stables outside there was a: "The heck?!"; "It's the jilter!"

Vidya gaped at the direction of the shout. "Unbelievable . . ." she said in amazement and hopped off her stool to look out the window to see two Carvers tussling with Sassy in front of the stable where the newly woken chocobos were making disgruntled "Waark" sounds. She looked back at Therias, laughing. "What a spitfire, she's fighting the Carvers again! Unbelievable!"

Therias deadpanned. "I'm going to go shopping. See you later."

"You don't want to watch?" asked Vidya.

"No." she sighed exasperatedly, and left; Ori had a palm to his shaking forehead. Vidya chuckled and went out the backdoor to get a better view. Some patrons heard, including the dwarves and they were muttering, "Oh shoot!"and grinning as they looked out the windows and cheered Sassy on.

* * * *​

The guard Sassy had clocked on the head, a bulldog werehound with a missing ear and barely any neck had a really hard head. He had yelped, startled, the blow not fazing him, as he turned around, saw Sassy and snarled, lunging at her immediately with a club to her head; alarmed, the second guard, a dark skinned man with dreadlocks who had been watching the tavern from the opposite side of the stables, shouted, lifted his crossbow and fired.

The arrow pierced through Sassy's shoulder.

* * * *​

Vidya saw the blood and her eyes went wide, she quickly dashed back inside the tavern. Somewhere a couple of seconds later, in the second floor of the tavern, a pair of eyes would glow a luminous magenta. Sassy would see the arm of the bulldog guard suddenly go stiff, partially petrified in stone.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

“Don’t get used to it.” Isa playfully sticks out his tongue, one eye closed like a kid who found something icky. The bridge of his nose slightly scrunched up. “I no fluff or sweet.”

The redhead observed as Faelyn checked on L and Eric looking at the retreating bunny. His brow raised curiously before his face relaxed before any of the three noticed his expression. He didn’t say anything as the guarding duo disappeared in the crowd and he waved at them as well. Then he looked at L, listening to her answer. His impish grin stretched into a large smile, showing his white eye teeth. There was an audible crunch from his mouth as chewed his lollipop to bits. His cheeks plumped and pushed his eyes closed. “I’m glad too.” He cooed, venom dripping off his tone. Then his tone changed as quickly as he changed the topic.

“Let’s get going to your place then. I’m done shoppin’ and would like to check out the symbols on the ball.” He excitedly suggested. Isa followed behind L to wherever she went, plopping another lollipop in his mouth while tossing the chewed-on in the trash heaps once he passed by them.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

yohann-schepacz-oxan-studio-kitezh-arenaw.jpg
- Ruins of Fel Thalas-
"Sanctuary"

"Hehe, if you say so, Isa." said L in a singsong voice. "Mr. Bought-us-a-comfy-caravan-with-a-garden-and-who-asked-me-what-ladies-need-to-be-comfortable." She smiled warmly at him.

A smile that became apprehensive when he crunched his lollipop. "U-um, I'm sorry, Isa, did I say something offensive? --- o-okay. Let's go down to the Fel Thalas ruins, I'm friends with a daddy barioth there. He has a nice den with fluffy little barioth babies who are showing little fangs already." And with that L led him back down to the bottom of the Heart district, where the little gnome paused at the Scooter's mechanics shop, then waved at a large tauren leaning on the wall outside the garage.

"Stormhide! Looking for me?" she called.

The tauren lumbered over to them. "Mm, you have another Vault Hunter in there, white hair, strange horn on his head, warming himself by the fireplace and eating soup." he grunted, offering a big pudgy finger to L, which she held fondly in her small hands. Stormhide glanced down at Isa, and gave him a gruff nod in greeting.

L bit her lip. "Ohhh. I can't go in the tavern right now and I can't wait for him to finish eating. I have questions that need answering." She looked meaningfully at Isa. "Would it be alright if you could tell him to go to the Fell Thalas gate in an hour?"

The tauren nodded.

"Thank you, Stormhide."

"Mm." And off the tauren lumbered down the black stone road towards the tavern.

"That was Stormhide. He doesn't talk much, but he gives nice hugs. His fur is very nice to touch, very fuzzy especially in winter where it's as thick as that." she told Isa.

Down to the river docks, and even lower where the frozen waters cascaded down into pillars of dripping jagged icicles down the side of the ancient ruins, L led Isa to a lonely heavily fortified gate of steel and stone where a single shanty tower crowned by a wicked barbed ballista looked out over a bone and metal draw bridge. Here the Carvers were many, they stood tall and alert, crossbows at the ready, the orange lights of the tall braziers glinting over the heavy steel armor they wore under their fur cloaks. Beneath the tower was a spacious shed where about a dozen chocobos in leather and metal bardings were sleeping. There was a cooking pit next to the shed, and here a couple of Carvers sat, roasting and eating what looked like the remains of some giant spider leg.

"Who goes there?" called one of them, who stood up shining a lantern over their faces when they saw L, Isa, Eric, and Faelyn, the only people around walking towards them.

"Hi, I'm visiting my pet." grinned L. "This is my friend, and you know Eric and Faelyn." The drow waved, while the bald man nodded at them.

"Oh, it's you. Be careful, it's late at night, there could be demons about."

"You say that all the time, I know. We'll be careful."

The carver hollered at someone above the gate and the guards at the threshold let the small group pass.

Here beneath Sanctuary the black rock of the mountain melded with crystal blue ice, white jagged spires of frost and crumbling bricks of a long gone city that had been crushed under the weight of a fallen Ancient. The braziers became less and less, until the stone hewn pathway became a slippery slope and darkness swallowed them. It was much colder here, and as L, Faelyn, and Eric took out lanterns and hung them at their belt, already a cold mist settled beneath their feet.

"Nobody comes here at night." L told Isa. "Except for crazy people like us." She grinned at him in the lantern light. Down the ruins went, through tunnels, caves, and the group climbed and jumped over rocks and ravines. L must really not want to be found because this path was dangerous. They could hear the chirping of cave crickets and overhead the eyes of many bats, huntsman spiders, and tailess whip-tail scorpions winked down at them among the solemn ruins.

Finally they turned into a cavern and there beheld a ruined coliseum bathed in a colum of light like the morning even though it was nighttime. There was an ancient artifact high on the cliff wall overlooking the ruins. A giant mirror gilded in stone etched with runes it seems from this distance, and sunlight was streaming down from what seems to be another place, a mountain with Wisteria trees reflected on the glass.

"Let's talk there, Isa!" L pointed at the ruins, and gleefully began jumping and climbing across the rocks where underneath was a deep, deep dark fall.

Faelyn and Eric followed after Isa, and now their little group was sitting behind a leaning obelisk of stone, with L blowing on her hands to warm them up. She rummaged in her hair and took the small Vault Key out. With a muttering of a spell it grew to its normal size again, and then she handed it to Isa.

"So, what happened to you and Vincent?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
Gentleman's Tavern​

There wasn't a moment for Sassy to really spend on any noise outside of the ones coming from the Carvers and there was definitely a lot of noise to be heard. Between the sounds of the rudely awoken stable creatures and the cheers of those in the crowd at the tavern, there were the grunts and sounds of fight in which she was currently participating.

"Aw heckin' heck!" was her exclamation when she failed to knock out the guard she had targeted and subsequently took a blow to the head from. Holding the side of her head with her right hand as she tried to retreat, she was then struck again, but this time by a crossbow bolt in her left shoulder.

It was likely that she wouldn't have escaped if not for Vidya's unknown interference freezing up the bulldog's arm and she dove behind a cart filled with hay for cover while she summoned Spud but not without issuing a remark worthy of her name and delivered in a British accent, "oi you lot! If yo’re wontin' me to pay tha toll, you prolly shoun't be thievin' me bird an troyin' to kill me!"

Zer0 Zer0

GEAR:

Health: Bloody| Toughness: 11 | Spell DC: 11 |Manna: 4
Condition:

Shield:

Faction Influence:

INVENTORY:

Arigami - You can summon, dispel, or teleport your weapon back into your hand, this makes the weapon immune to being disarmed. Arigamis are rare parasitc dimension-warping monster bonded to one person's shadow that takes the shape and properties of the weapon it eats. You can change weapons by letting it eat it, but it cannot revert to a previous weapon unless it eats the same kind again. Arigami's are harmless parasites that feed on the magic of the one they are bonded to. When it's eating a weapon, an eye appears somewhere, then the blade warps, grows metal teeth and a mouth and chomps away. An Arigami weapon automatically pops out of the shadow of its dead owner if it's not out already and maintains its weapon form. When it's picked up, it makes its identity known to seek out a new bond. Nobody knows the real form of an Arigami. (x2)
- Soporanduru (Spud) - The first of the two Arigami that Sassy obtained while ruin exploring. Because it was the first, it tends to have a jealous streak whenever Sassy uses Tonks instead and is sometimes uncooperative because of this.
- Tonkaratsu (Tonks) - The second of Sassy’s Arigami, Tonks is laid back and thinks that Spud is silly and typically corrects Sassy whenever she says its name despite the fact that she totally ignores it.

Chocobo (Ralph) - Your faithful mount. Has a 3 Hex speed on the world map. Can carry 2 people with an extra carrying capacity of 40 when saddled.

Last edited:
- Round 2 -

"Ya hit the back of me head!" snarled the bulldog, affronted, clutching his petrified arm, as he chased after her.

"Then you should have just paid the toll, girlie." said the dreadlocks carver, loading a second crossbow bolt. "And not steal our friend's loot and attack us out of the blue. If I didn't know any better, you were trying to kill us just now too, well that ain't happening." And the two circled around Sassy. Dreadlocks fired at her, as Bulldog waited for an opening before striking Sassy's head again.

"What the ---? She's got a gun!" The bulldog backed away immediately, diving behind a water barrel; Dreadlock's arrow hit the hay instead.

Meanwhile, up on the second floor, Vidya was muttering a spell. Killing a carver will likely end up making it worse for Sassy, so she decided that a temporary petrification should be best. Her eyes flashed.

There was a yelp as the bulldog was cursing, scrambling as far away as possible from Sassy, as from his arm the petrification spread, turning him into stone as he called out to his companion for help, his face frozen in fear. There was a clunk as his stone body fell sideways still intact on the straw stable floor.

"Ranju!" cried Dreadlocks. He began to sprint towards the tavern treet, opening his mouth, about to call the attention of the two other carvers watching the tavern.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
Gentleman's Tavern​

When Spud appeared he was immediately affronted, "why is it that you only call me when you need something? I am offended, very offended."

"Spud! Now really isn't he time for that!" Sassy Said, clutching him in her right hand which was thankfully her favored hand, the bolt from the crossbow still sticking out of her shoulder, stuck in bone, meat, and leather alike.

"Well then maybe it just isn't the time for me to be supportive!" if Spud had any sort of humanoid appearance, one could easily tell that it was pouting with its arms crossed like a sullen child.

"Can we please just talk about this later?!" Sassy said in exasperation as she pressed her back against the cart, trying to listen for the two Carvers that she was in the middle of facing off against.

"Well what the heck did you expect me to do!? Just stroll on out here like, 'heya blokes! I know I didn't pay the toll, but let's just forget about that and have a drink!'?" The last statement she made about what she could have done was spoken in a mocking deep voice as she retorted to the Carver who counter-clocked her before she turned her attention to the other who addressed her about the toll, "and yeah right! Pay that highly inflated toll?! Are you crazy!? You all wouldn't even have any metal if it weren't for the people you swindle at the gate!"

Sassy scoffed and shook her head, "hey buddy, your friend started it! I literally did offer him a drink and he attacked me! And I'm the one that got shot! I didn't even have a weapon out!"

She let out a little squeak as they came within view, her arms going above her, Spud becoming plainly visible as she covered her head as the bolt hit the hay behind her and the bulldog exclaimed. She moved her arms from her head and looked around, hearing the yelp and investigating the cry, she peered up over the hay in time to see Dreadlocks running for the stable entrance, "aw heck!"

Sassy dropped Spud and ran out after him, aiming to tackle him to the ground and drag him back inside.

Zer0 Zer0

GEAR:

Health: Fresh | Toughness: 11 | Spell DC: 11 |Manna: 4

Shield:

Faction Influence:

INVENTORY:

Last edited:
- Victory! -

The carver was tackled to the ground; the patrons looking through the windows cheered as all around bets were being handed over to those who wagered Sassy win this tussle.

Entirely subdued, unable to move or speak, the dreadlocks guard was dragged back inside the stables where none but the ruffling chocobos going back to sleep for the night were looking at Sassy.

What would you like to do?

1. 6 Alchemical and 17 Metal
  2. x1 Crude Crossbow | Wt. 1. Range, +1 to combat rolls
  3. x2 Crude Spiked Club | Wt. 1 each. Simple, +1 to combat rolls
  4. x2 Carver Armor | Wt. 1 each. Light, +2 Toughness
  5. x2 Oil lamps | Made of bronze and engraved with many eyes. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Stays lit for 8 hours on 1 pint of oil. Can be hung on belt.
  6. Hour glass | Filled with fine grey ash
  7. Rope | 50 ft. Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up.
  8. x1 Trauma Kit |DC 14 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 18 stabilizes dying character. Every +1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up an entire turn when used during battle.
  9. x2 Rusty Manacles | DC 14 lockpick.Toughness 18.
  10. Key
  11. Vial of Orc Sweat
  12. Book of Lumberjack poems
  13. x2 rations | rat barbeque, dried salted spider meat, 2 flasks of ale. Lasts for 2 months.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
Gentleman's Tavern​

Even with an injured shoulder, Sassy had somehow managed to take down the second guard. Without thinking about it, and with Spud's indignant cries in the background, she pulled Dreadlocks over to where Bulldog was laying and lay them side-by-side, standing at their feet with her own feet set apart as she stared down at them and contemplated what to do next.

She decided to quickly rifle through their belongings, finding a couple of things that were of use to her, a pair of rusty manacles -- which she pocketed, rope -- which she used to tie the two together, a trauma kit -- because she's bleeding and they caused it, and a book of lumberjack poems -- which she kept because she found it hilarious that it even existed. She let them keep the rest of their things because she wasn't actually a bad guy, she just did what she thought was fair.

After she was certain that the Carvers were secured, she moved back over to the hay and collected Spud, "how could you just throw me down like that! You are so inconsiderate!"

"I know! I'm sorry okay!? I just couldn't let tarantula head get away 'cause then we'd really be in for it."

"Then why did you even call me in the first place?!"

"Because I thought I might need you!"

"That's no -- you... you needed me?"

"That's what I said when I first called you out!"

"Oh Sassy... I am sorry."

Sassy just closed her eyes and shook her head, covering her face with her hand as she dismissed the temperamental arigami. She didn't know how much time she had before they'd wake up and she didn't want to leave them there unguarded, but she had to do something about her bleeding, so the first thing she did was get the bolt out of her shoulder which she did by bracing herself with deep breaths and yanking it out before she unzipped her jacket and tore off the bottom of her shirt, wrapping it tightly around the wound to stop the bleeding a bit.

After she had taken care of her injury as best as she could, she grabbed a stool and sat it down at the Carver's feet before slumping down on it and reaching into the pouch she still had on her belt which carried a single cigar in a silver tube amongst her valuables. She drew it from the tube and just sat smelling it while she waited for the Carvers to wake up and when they did, she had a nice little chat with them about being taken to The Godfather. Really it was more of her convincing them to take her if they wanted her to untie them, but eventually they relented and agreed.

Of course there was still the issue of the injuries she had sustained during her confrontation with them and the fact that she needed to heal up from them in the event of any surprises, so she informed the two Carvers that she was going to temporarily keep all of their belongings but that she would return them the next day when they met her back at the stables to escort her to a meeting place with the Godfather. Once they were gone, she made her way to the Sanctuary C.U.R.E. headquarters for some much needed rest.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“The heart of things”

When Stormhide described the lastest new Hunter, Isa hummed for a moment. A flash of familiarity swam through his mind, images of a certain merman he traveled before. A slender brow twitched at the memories that came with the thought. It couldn’t be . . . No, it can’t be . . .

What are the chances? It’s too low.

Believing it might be someone else, the red headed motorcyclist nodded back with his usual cheery smile and a wave. As the silent tauren made his way back to the tavern, Isa looked back at L and nodded, listening to her description about the large being. A twitch at the corner of his wide grin indicated his amusement. “He likes giving hugs? Heeeeee~ I wonder if he’d hug me if I asked him for one.”

As the small group made their way down to the gates where there were many cavers, the happy-go-lucky man hummed a random song. Patting the side of his hip as a loose beat to the few mumbled lyrics he is willing to let out. Red fringes shadowing his intense indigo eyes as he casually looked to the side as if he was taking in the sights from time to time annnnd-

Yep. They are being followed based on the four stalkers still following after many turns and it seems he is the only one who noticed. Oh great, they have weapons too. That’s wonderful.

Now the real question is should he have fun or should he have fun?

His grin grew sharp as he mumbled a lyric: “You’ll never see it cominnn~” Then he payed more attention to L’s conversation to one of the carvers —— how much power does this little gnome have in Sanctuary to talk with the hard-pressed guards and go in and out as she pleased? —- and raised a brow again. He waved at the guards, grinning before whistling, impressed at a thought. “You guys really deal with demons? That’s mighty cool.“

”Keep up with the great work, guuuuuys~” Isa cheered on as they left the gates. Honestly, he wasn’t surprised to see the slippery stones and creepy crawlers that have glowing eyes that’s reflecting from the trio’s light. The redhead kept his hands in his pockets, feeling the cold biting his skin as he climbed carefully. Hey, he is not about to jump around like L, his boots do not have that sort of friction and he is not about to test that theory either. As they reached the rock bridge with the deep fall, Isa casually sat down in the middle, smiling at the trio as he tied his shoes.

“Ah, sorry. I‘m not comfortable enough to fall off here because of untied shoelaces, ya feel me?” Then he slipped something within the cracks of the rocks unknowingly to anyone, being too dark to see his hands moving before he stood up and followed behind L. When they reached their destination, Isa couldn’t keep his eyes off the etched glasses, but had to as they went in. He stayed close to L, sitting next to her. Then he lightly pushed the orb back, not taking it.

”There’s —-“

Sccccaaaaaap!

There were crumbling sounds by the entrance. The trio can see Isa’s casual cheerful grin twist into a demonic smile as he listened to the frantic movements in the dark. His indigo eyes looked more midnight purple as he stared down the darkness that invited him in. Once again, he felt a familiar sensation, though this time less fondly and more disturbing. They were being hunted for some reason and Isa didn’t hate the feeling. Oh no. He rather enjoyed it since that means he gets to play as well. He just loves surprising others.

”Put that away, L” Isa purred quietly, making sure his voice wouldn’t echo from the ruin walls as he stood up. ”Let’s see~ Hmmmm~ I know!”

He clapped his hands together as if he got a brilliant idea. His demonic smile softened as he faced L and her crew. “Shall we go see what’s in my trap? I’m sure their buddies are nearby and it’s better if we stay in a group just in case they attack.”

The walls were in the way of the lanterns’ light and they couldn’t see what’s making that frantic noise.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
david-fortin-eridium-mine-1.jpg
- Next Day -
" C.U.R.E., 2nd Level, Heart District, Sanctuary "

The residential shanty of the Heart District was the quietest place in Sanctuary. Inside one of the caverns, where residents raised giant flobberworms for food, the lonely light from an oil lamp streamed out of a garage next to a flobberworm mound in the darkness. A poorly painted banner hanging from its roof said:

Razzle's Dazzle
"Ur trash is our treasure. We fix 'em and buy 'em!"​

Inside, a man with a grizzly brown beard and long side burns sat on a stool, drinking and looking out into the darkness sipping from a bottle of rum. Holstered on his belts were two magnum revolvers, and curled up inside a cowboy hat on his lap was a sleeping cat. In fact, he had another sleeping cat around his neck like a scarf. There was also another purring cat sleeping next to a young lady with long ebony hair and pale skin unnaturally unblemished for someone who lives in Sanctuary, who was busy tinkering with a dismantled alchemy engine on a work bench in the corner, and there was another cat, and another, there were many cats all over the little shop garage that also had scratched up furniture, and random plates with half eaten pet food and little animal bones. Near a table with a merchant's weighing scale was a wooden sign that said, 'We adopt stray cats and dogs. That are ALIVE.'

When the man noticed Sassy striding up the path, he smiled and with a sleeping cat in his hat in one arm, he stood up to greet her. "Hey, Sassy, been a while." He slow gravelly voice that just took its time. He noticed her head wound and make-shift bandage around her shoulder. "Trouble on the road? Lilith will fix you right up --- Hey, Lilith! Sassy's here!"

"Who, Roy?" The lady looked up from the workbench. Her eyes were a blood red. A vampire's eyes, but there was only warm concern in them as she noticed Sassy, saw her injuries too, then immediately stopped what she's doing. She grabbed a well-stocked trauma kit from a shelf, told Sassy to sit down and then just fussed over her. Lilith's been the boss for C.U.R.E.'s Sanctuary branch since they set up shop last year. Hard-working and with a reputation for not letting anyone mess with her shop and crew without painful payback, she's garnered respect and has been smuggling a steady supply of steel ingots to the main HQ, and extra frozen stacks of flobberworm meat to give to the starving. She looked like she was no younger than twenty-one, but those who know her know that she is in fact eighty-eight years old and with only a slight hearing problem and no scars to show from her forays into the Badlands and Fel Thalas.

The two of them were glad to see her, but Lilith asked why Ralph and Nibblet weren't with her. Later, as Roy went back to guarding the shop, Lilith showed Sassy their new common bedroom. Last time Sassy visited Razzle's Dazzle only had one floor, and apart from the garage, they had only one common room where they stuffed in six bunk beds, a cramped little kitchenette and ice pantry, and one old couch, but now they had dug up a basement that served as their sleeping quarters. The common room now had a slightly bigger kitchen, three couches, an iron chimney stove to warm them up, and what looked like a small struggling garden growing thin flimsy looking mushrooms and dying magical herbs.

In the basement, there were three sleeping occupants: Grian, a prankster who always wears red shirts who was their other muscle apart from Roy, Alura, who helps around the shop, knits clothes for the cats, and is their field operator and informant, and Soren their handy-man who likes to spend his share of his earnings making prosthesis for strays. They were all sleeping on separate bunk beds and judging from the smell of dirty gear and their loud snores, seemed like they had just come from another raid in the ruins today.

"They'll be happy to see you in the morning, Sassy. Breakfast will be ready at six. We still don't have wood to spare for a hot bath in the out house but the water is clean." said Lilith, who gave her clean blankets and a pillow.

The next day, Sassy was greeted with a squeal, a hug, a big pat on the back, and an awkward shy hello from her friends who didn't expect to wake up and see her there. Roy had cooked them some fish and cabbage soup, while the rest of the group asked Sassy how she was doing, who they gotta beat up for hurting her, and how long was she staying in Sanctuary.

Long Rest:
6 hours of sleeping or just chilling out recovers all Hp, all Manna, and removes all common afflictions. When your character takes more time and effort to take care of themselves, a long rest gives bonus condition points which can be used to recover health and manna out of battle.

Condition:
1 Condition point allows you to do one of the following: Give yourself 1 Manna, or improve your health by 1 after battle. If you were incapacitated, your health improves, but you do not wake up until after a short rest. You gain condition points when you do the following:
  1. Comfy Sleep +?
    Sleeping in an inn or in comfortable quarters gives +1. If camping, resting on a sleeping bag or something just as comfy inside a tent or shelter away from bad weather also gives +1 or more depending on the sleeping item.
  2. Fresh Hearty Meal
    Cooking roll = 14. +1 condition
    Cooking roll = 18 or more. +2 condition
  3. 1 hour of Pampering. +1 condition
    Pampering is taking a bath, relaxing with a good book, drawing, singing a song by the campfire, taking a peaceful walk, enjoying a drink in the bar, just taking time to relax or enjoy a hobby.
  4. Good Company +2 condition
    Having a long rest with a player character.
  5. Maintenance +1 Condition
    Limbering up before starting the morning, giving your gear a quick check or tweak and just making sure everything is in tip top shape.
  6. Others +??
    Items such as using a hygiene kit you can buy in the market is an example of one item that gives condition bonuses. In other places you can buy more luxurious items --- as luxurious as they can be in a post-apocalyptic world --- that give higher bonuses. Services such as a public bath gives bonuses too, and resting in places more comfortable than an inn, let's say a hot spring gives more condition points as well.

OOC: Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle , assuming Sassy did a full rest that night --- sleep, breakfast, bath, and maintenance, she gets: 4 Condition Points when she wakes up the next day.

- Round 1-
"Fel Thalas, Yesterday"

• "He'll probably do it." said L to Isa when he has talked about asking Stormhide for a hug.

At the Fel Thalas Gate, the carvers nodded at Isa. " Yeah, if you got any loved ones inside, don't worry, no monster or demon's getting pass to hurt them under our watch." said one with easy confidence. When Isa cheered them, one said thanks and added, "You guys be careful out there too!"

Later when they settled in the ruins, the three looked up, startled at the noise, and immediately Eric had his gun pointed at that direction; Faelyn was looking behind them and L shrank the Vault Key, drew out an old leather bound tome that really could not have fit or stayed hidden from within her messy hair, then moved to the middle of the three.

Faelyn and L were surprised at Isa's words. "What do you mean? How many are there, what are we dealing with, and what did you do?" asked L immediately.

Suddenly, a hooded masked lady dashed from behind the wall, her hand outstretched. The flames from Eric, L, and Isa's oil lamps were extinguished at once throwing them all into darkness; there was a loud bang as Eric fired. The flash from the gun momentarily illuminating a hooded masked man that's sprinting straight for L from behind, holding his move for the right time to strike, and a second masked lady that just appeared out of thin air in front of Isa, as though she was invisible all this time, then thrust her sword at a surprised Faelyn and attempted to pull her behind a ruins out of sight of everyone;

When in the dark you are "Blind", an affliction that gives -6 to combat and perception related rolls. But since there is no turn order, this affliction will take effect starting on the next round.

There was a muffled cry from Faelyn, as roots blossomed from her feet and spread across the stone floor, blossoming nightshade flowers and grasping vines that tried to grapple her attacker; L quickly muttered a spell, the letters from her spellbook glowed in the dark, and then from its pages emerged a ghostly image of a giant teddy bear that swiped at the hooded swordslady attacking Faelyn.

Elvish Chant
    Knowledge Rank 2 Bonus: Entangling Nightshade
    All enemies in a small area make a Survival Strength roll against your Spell DC. If fail, they are Grappled by vines on the next round. For every round that passes, the difficulty to get out of the entanglement increases by +1. Enemies going inside the area also get grappled by the vines. Can make a Survival Strength roll every round to escape the vines.
    • Range: Small Area
    • Resist: Survival Strength
    • Duration: 3 rounds

It happened so fast. Eric's shot missed the bow lady, and as he fired another one, illuminating the area once more, L screamed "Noooo!" as the sword emerged through Faelyn's chest, and the bandaged drow stared at the bloody blade before her in shock, before she crumpled to the ground; at the same time the giant ghostly teddy bear's arm smashed into the swordslady, sending her flying across the arena where she crashed against an opposite ruin, unmoving.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Battle, round 1”

”Four, three still moving. They are armed——“ Isa stopped talking as soon the lights went out. He heard the scuffles and stood up, walking closeto L. Flashes helped him see what was going on, his grin grew bigger. Subtle sounds of liquid swished around as he spotted the guy behind her.

A snap of fingers can be heard and there’s a glow coming from his right hand. Spheres of light blue fire morphed, floating around like harmless fireflies until they touched the tips of his fingers, and bursts into large flames in his hand. It crawled to his shoulder. In his left hand, an empty oil sack.

The blue fire formed small claws gripping onto his shoulder, glowing white eyes stared back at the guy that’s ready to strike L and it cackled sparks as if it was laughing. Then Isa spat out the oil behind L, blue flames ignited in a burst like a flamethrower coming from his mouth.

Isa ———> uses oil flask to burn the guy that’s behind L.

Health: 3 | Toughness: 8 | Spell DC: 7 | Manna: 7

Weapon:
Shield:
Armor: Light armor (waist-long leather coat, light arm guards, and steel-tipped boots)
Accessory I: Pocket watch
Accessory II: Fingerless gloves

Faction Influence:

Inventory:
Metal:
Alchemical: 23

Items:
  • -Toolbox
    +1 Crafing and repairing gear and machines, pick locks, disable traps. You can also excavate or gather crafting resources twice more. Weight 1.
  • -Translator's Notes
    +2 to interpreting Arcana runes.
  • -Smoky, the motorcycle
    This marvel of the old age has a hex speed of 4 in the plains and 3 off-road. It can carry 2 people with an extra carrying capacity of 40. Runs on ragnite.
  • Caravan - Can be drawn by up to 2 mounts or 1 motorcycle. Has 1 Hex speed when drawn by one mount or one motorcycle in difficult terrain, 2 Hex speed if two mounts or one motorcycle. Can carry 8 people with an extra carrying capacity of 100. Comes with a canvass cover built to withstand harsh Leor weather.
  • Mobile Garden - Caravan only. Sheltered and protected boxes that allows you to grow small plants. Can plant up to 4 seeds.
  • x4 Seeds - A handful of seeds. After planting and a month of care, yields 2d6 Fresh Ingredients, 2d6 spices, 1d6 Alchemical.
  • x5 Oil Flask - 1 pint. Can be used in combination with fire attacks, increasing the DC for "Burn" by +1.
  • Fishing rod - +1 to Survival rolls when fishing.
  • x2 Common goods - leather or cotton garments, baked goods, honey, crafted baubles and woodwork, journals, popular second-hand books, etc.
  • Crockpot - +1 Cooking, and brew potions. Contains a mess kit and comes with a collection of containers for monster parts, unknown liquids, and acid.
  • x2 Traps - After being secretly set up, when triggered, the trap inflicts an affliction. Please choose 1 affliction upon purchase. DC to Disable your trap once set up = 10 + your Agility + Artisan Skill rank.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
C.U.R.E., 2nd Level, Heart District, Sanctuary​

Sassy was pretty tired once she finally made it to Sanctuary's C.U.R.E. headquarters, which was pleasantly far from obvious, "what's up Roy? How goes?" She said with a yawn and a single salutary wave as she marched up to the building, She glanced at her shoulder and shrugged slightly, wincing at the action a bit before laughing, "if I'm the trouble, sure."

As Roy called the attention of the head honcho for the Sanctuary branch, Sassy gave another little wave, grinning like an imp. She didn't argue as Lilith went to fix her up, she was happy for the help and just accepted it, thanking her when she was finished. She was content to just relax until Lilith brought up her usual companions so first she let her know that Nibblet was just fine and being looked after by a fellow named Ori at The Gentleman's in exchange for a favor she'd deliver the next day. She didn't really want to let them in on where Ralph was for the sake of keeping them out of it so she just said she had left him at The Gentleman's as well.

"Nice digs you got here!" Sassy was impressed by the improvements, and was happy just to be among people she knew in a place that the Carvers weren't likely to find her ahead of their planned meeting time. She cleaned up and was basically immediately out once she picked a bunk to pass out on. They didn't even know her if they actually thought she would be up at 6, because of course she wasn't but she didn't care about eating cold left overs of whatever they had eaten if there was anything left.

She was equally happy to greet everyone once she was awake, and was glad to get what she could of her clothes patched up by whomever did the repairs around there. When they all wanted to know about her injuries she just let them know that she took care of it so there was no need and the less they knew the better. After all, she didn't want to endanger all of C.U.R.E. with her own chaotic antics. She did let them know she'd be around till the end of the week regardless of how the meeting she had planned went.

While she had the chance to chat with them after getting all the important stuff out of the way with questions and answers and what not, she updated them about her reasons for being in Sanctuary at all mainly because she was in effect there for the sake of C.U.R.E. and not herself alone. With this in mind, she asked them about the theft at the tower and if they had any idea of where the thieves might have gone or who they might be and if they could get any information on it through the connections she knew they undoubtedly had as C.U.R.E. members.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
ff14-setting-concept05.jpg
- Savage Gym of Savagery -
"West Lung District , Sanctuary "

Lilith didn't ask Sassy why she was looking for such a wanted pair of thieves, the less they knew the safer they would be, but she put Alura on the job who told Sassy, as she munched on a mouthful of fish, that she'll look into it today. Soren, freckled and gangly, awkwardly offered to patch up Sassy's clothes, and before she left, it was on her bunk, smelling fresh, newly pressed and folded, with a clean barely obvious patch over the arrow hole.

The group waved her good-bye when she left. Roy with his scarf cat accompanied her to a fork in the residential caverns where their paths diverged, him going up to the market place with the alchemical engine Lilith patched up last night to deliver to a client, and Sassy to the tavern. He tipped his hat to he good naturedly, "See you latter, Sassy. If you ever got some free time and lookin' to make some loot, there's work that needs doing over at the shop."

The walk to the tavern was peaceful. Most of the fortress was still waking up. Shop keepers were cleaning and setting up their stalls, families were taking walks out buying food, and the braziers from last night were down to their embers. There was a loud clanking sound from overhead, as slowly morning light and a downpour of snow streamed down from six growing giant strips of holes opening through the Ancient's back. These were gargantuan barred windows with steel shutters that ran between the collosal ribs, that were pulled open whenever the weather was sunny in the mornings. The blizzard from yesterday had ceased and lazy clouds rolled across a blue sky. Now one could see the hundreds of crooked zigzagging chimneys from the different districts converging into six large exhaust pipes that exited out the center of the Ancient's back. The colossal spine above looked crumbly, held together by much wood and steel, and here there were more rickety looking bridges, and a couple of small hanging bone huts where the tips of ballistas were sticking out pointing at the sky.

The Gentleman's Tavern that morning was quiet, with just Ori sweeping out some broken rum bottles out the front door, Nibblet eating a plate of what looked like dry meat up on the roof, and old Vugduk the goblin sitting on a stool at the sidewalk and enjoying a pipe. Yesterday, none of the goblins had gone to the stables after Sassy dragged Dreadlocks back inside. The tavern decided to stay neutral during her shenanigans, but they did tell her she was banned inside until further notice. There was no sign of whoever helped her petrify the bulldog carver ast night either. Sassy did become the talk of the tavern that night, and as the morning wore on, strangers passing by the tavern were giving her friendly nods and greeting her good morning.

The two Carvers Sassy had spared yesterday, Dreadlocks and the bulldog Ranju, arrived at the tavern late. They both looked sullen, with the bulldog looking a little scared, as though he was not keen at all of being turned to stone again, and both were re-armed with a new set of furs, clubs, and crossbows. Dreadlocks just begrudgingly said, "Follow us." and led Sassy without a word towards the West Lung District where it was mostly one big branching bridge made of the Ancient's lung bronchus with large hanging cocoon-like homes made of bone cages wrapped in thick monster hide for walls, connected by bone-metal ramparts, and wooden bridges above, and beneath were caged fighting pits. Mostly Carvers, healers, and captured monsters lived here, including fighters who made a living duking it out in the combat pits. The carvers here gave Sassy the mean eye and taunted her as she passed. Word seemed to have spread about what she did yesterday.

Dreadlocks and Ranju stopped in front of the biggest hanging bone cage cocoon in the district at the end of the bronchus bridge. It was built into one of the Ancient's giant ribs and shaped like a gaping bear skull, with a glowing metal sign above that said: 'Savage Gym of Savagery'. Here, the guards were mostly towering nagas and barrel-chested lycanthropes. Sassy was told to leave all her weapons and bombs at the entrance, then was roughly patted down by a Naga before Dreadlocks and Ranju escorted her inside.

The main hall was a gym lit by magic lanterns decorated in bone overhead. It was a big all-man-if-there-was-a-woman-couldn't-really-tell-from-all the-muscles kind of gym that overall smelled like the color brown. There were herculean taurens lifting stone boulders, an ogre having an arm-wrestling match with a bushy-bearded half-giant, dwarves hauling logs, and the occasional man climbing up a tall rock wall on one side of the gym.

There were three passages that branched from the main hall, one to the west looked like a door-less common changing room and out-house, another to the east was flanked by two large nagas with stairs going up, and one to the north led to another open hall with a large steaming pool full of naga and carvers that were feasting on breakfast inside. Dreadlocks and Ranju led Sassy up the east stairs where the parting of a fur curtain revealed a spartan room covered in fur rugs. It had a balcony flanked by two nagas with a good view of the West Lung District and its fighting pits, next to it was a wall rack lined with axes, swords, some that looked like spoils of war as they were definitely of Templar make, there was a fur bed on the other side of the room where above it on the wall hung a collection of skulls from monsters and men alike, and in the center, eating before a cooking pit that was roasting an entire giant spider was a polar bear in heavy steel armor, gnawing on a leg, with a big hammer on his side.

"The jilter, boss." said Dreadlocks, who bowed together with Ranju in front of the polar bear.

The polar bear looked up at Sassy as though he couldn't believe this was the person who had the gall to beat up his men and then ask to see him. "This is the runt that whooped your behinds?" he suddenly boomed in laughter.

"Come over here, young un' sit, eat. What's your name?"

0443e952d716d94f97acd3b9646188f4.jpg
- Round 2-
"Fel Thalas, Yesterday"

• The flames engulfed the man, as he tackled L, both rolling across the ruined floor, wiggling with nightshade vines and dousing the flames. She was restrained, his grip expert, as the vines wrapped around him too. He gasped, tearing his burning hot mask from his face and revealing the face of a grim old man, a patch across his scarred left eye, its pair watching Isa with a calculated alertness. "Gnome aquired! Exfiltrate the hotzone! Leave the dead." he yelled calmly, patting the last of the flames off and putting the mask back on despite it still glowing hot.

"Go without me sir!" said the bow lady who was struggling to free herself from the vines that had coiled around her like snakes. She raised her hand again, casting a spell. Immediately, it was as though a breeze had come and whipped around her and the old man.

There was a gutteral cry as Eric suddenly slumped down on the ground an arrow sticking out of his throat. Another person was moving in the darkness somewhere up on the coliseum stands. It was now only Isa and L alone.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Round 2: escape!”

Suddenly, a firm grip on L’s tiny shoulders can be felt as Isa’s voice piped up in a vicious purr. Anybody can tell that he is grinning wide.

”Aye aye! Will go without any of you!” Then a burst of blue fire exploded, swirling from the young man to the gnome girl. Before the aggressive group’s eyes, the pair became ashes as they were seemingly burned. With Isa’s chuckling echoing the walls and subtle heat as a mocking reminder to their failure to capture his ally.

Beyond the ruin’s entrance and past the slippery caves, a burst of fire came out of thin air and a tall body leaped out as the fire extinguished itself out. Then he ran, holding onto a tiny gnome within his arms and tucking her head under his chin. Trails of blue flames that were hanging onto the coat’s fur hood and edges were blown out from the cold winds. He didn’t stop running until he reached the Sanctuary gates where they came from and yelled out to catch the guards‘ attention.

”HEY! HEY! I NEED HELP!” Isa let the guards know what happened, mentioned about Eric and Faelyn’s fatal injuries and how there were three people that jumped them at the ruins. He didn’t know if the guards would do anything, but still he wanted to let them know in case they were followed. Not once did he let go of L as they went inside, patting her back, and asking if they could get Eric and Faelyn back if that’s possible for the guards.

Then he asked L what she would want to do and was willing to stay near her if she wanted. His grin wiped from his pale face as the excitement is finally calmed down.

- - — - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Morning broke, people barely waking up to do their trades, and before checking on L, Isa went to the Heart district to see the caravan. Overhearing what Sassy did the night before by the tavern’s patriots and guffawed. The disguised redhead motorist stood at the back of the shop with the flamboyant designer, gloved hands in his pants pockets as he stared the caravan with a raised brow and a amused smile. Yea, the caravan looked normal-ish on the outside. All tan with a tower at the back, large spool wheels and windows. The roof is green and the builders added a telescope and a tiny triangle flag at the tower. The inside, however, was the reason why Isa is having a chuckle. It’s a rainbow paradise, so much so that Isa is expecting to see a unicorn somewhere.

The front door opens to the living room. Three walls painted white with a pastel rainbow going behind the baby blue sofa that’s big enough for three to sit on. A yellow sun and gray cloud pillows decorated the sofa. There’s another loveseat that’s magenta red with blue flower pillows beside a yellow nightstand, a brass simple lamp sat on top. Underneath the sofas is a reddish pink rug, covering a part of the dark wooden floors. The table is made with brass legs and a clear tabletop stood at the middle of the room. By the last wall accented with orange, is a create bookshelf that’s nailed together and to the wall. Ready for anybody to fill it in with items other than the piñata vases that’s shaped like colorful llamas. Beside that is a trio of large windows facing the front where Isa is probably gonna pull with his bike. Through the short hallway is a staircase to the second floor where the kitchen, bathroom, and bedrooms are and to the attic where the small garden and hallway to the tower are. With an open doorway, the kitchen is painted pastel orange with the single white wall that has drips of other pastel colors. A small rectangle table is flushed to the dripping wall and on the opposite side is the stone fireplace where the crockpot is hanging on a hook with the metal fork and coal poker. Wooden cabinets on each side of the fireplace and the small window over the sink, ready to store spices. There were two large bedrooms, one in striped white and pastel blue, the other in flowery pastel pink. The bunk beds were bolted down and flushed on the walls with an adjustable string for the dyed curtains should anyone want privacy from the roommates. In the pink room, is a plush nest for whatever large animal that stays with them. There’s a wardrobe for four people and a door to the small bathrooms. The baby teal bathrooms are invaded by rubber duckies. There‘s a functioning toilet, a sink, and a barrel for a tub with a shower head and a nozzle. The floor tiles were checkerboard with baby pink and white. There’s a plastic curtain with white and pink strips on it so anybody can shower in peace and a small pot of fake aloe on the sink’s counter. To the attic is the greenhouse that has wooden boxes and fertile dirt inside. The ceiling is actually a mirror window so the sunlight can come in and no one outside can see the inside. Through the greenhouse is a door to the tower where anybody can use the lower half for storage and to use the crow’s nest with a telescope. The storage room is circular and have shelves on the walls that you can reach from the level of the spiral staircase.

”Huhuhuhuhu~ Do you like it, young man?” Asked the buff designer, puffing out smoke from his thin pipe.

“Yea, I have a feeling a certain someone will like it too.” Isa responded, believing the rest of their little crew might beg to differ. He internally cackled from their displeased or confused faces.

“Wonderful~”

Then he decided to check on L and the new member, telling them that he has a letter from The Godfather. “Seems like he wants to check my bike, so I’ll be back soon. You can check out the caravan if you like, it’s still at the builders.” Isa gently patted L’s head with an oddly grayish wrinkly hand, his wrinkly face veiled over by the long pure white hair. His body shrunk and hunching like an old gnome with a carved cane helping him to walk.

18CF2774-C732-4595-8456-9742E2D9216C.jpeg
966F8B9A-5254-4D31-82F1-6E8F6BB0CB57.jpeg87B362FF-5461-4CDF-A34C-BE328DA0664D.jpegC7B3A1D0-2B61-468B-9B73-8362F7944507.jpeg

Zer0 Zer0 mentions: Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
7d08026b045ce96a07586825b25aed6a.jpg

- River Docks -
" Bottom of Heart District, Sanctuary "

"No! What?!" was the surprised angry echo that chased after Isa and L as they retreated back to Sanctuary. The little gnome clung to his shirt, taking one deep breath, before she peeked out of his shoulder, then took out her spellbook and watched their backs with gritted teeth; her little heart was hammering wildly, her eyes not really in the present, but full of what-if's and she-should-have's for her two friends who had just fallen in battle.

The Carvers were immediately on high alert, and hollered at Isa from the gate to tell them what happened quickly. As Isa spoke to them, L cast a spell and muttered into Isa's shirt incoherently. The guards, who suspected this was another fight between the men of rivaling crime lords, assembled a squad to investigate and told Isa that The Godfather will be informed and that they'll send word to The Gentleman's Tavern after their investigation.

"Isa, I just talked to The Gentleman, let's go hide and disguise ourselves before going back to the tavern." she whispered to his ear. "Please stay with me. Those people . . . they knew. They knew. They tried to kidnap me without hurting me. I think they know about the Vault and the key."

* * * *​

The next day, Ori waved a disguised Isa over when he came down the stairs and told him in hushed tones that The Gentleman's men brought back Faelyn and Eric alive. The Carvers were quick to act, they had saved the two's lives before they bled out, and even saved one of their mysterious attackers who's now a prisoner of The Godfather.

"All that blood . . . But L fixed Faelyn and Eric right up last night. As for those other three scumbags, the Carvers and a couple of our friends are still hunting them down. Come by again tonight, we expect news of their hunt today. I hope they catch those bloody terwilligers." he grumbled, sweeping the floor as though it had personally offended him.

One of the goblins, Vugduk, who was smoking a pipe outside told Isa that L was over at the docks talking to one of 'yuz hunters'. He told him she was disguised as a hobbit girl named Gilly, with short curly brown hair and a green dress. "L ain't thinkin' right. Won't let anyone be her bodyguard except yuz hunters. Them two other lady friends of yours, the one with sunglasses and the serious lady who wears a hood all the time --- not Sassy --- those two are with L. I don't know how good yuz guys are at protecting her, but could ya do me a favor and convince her to at least let Draven and Lucien follow her around?"

Down at the docks, a cold mist was swirling in the dim light, as travelers and merchants who took shelter in Sanctuary from the blizzard yesterday were now canoeing home before the morning river traffic catches them. There was hobbit Gilly-L leaning against the southern palisade away from the thronging crowd, together with Vidya and Therias, talking to a familiar tall, dark-skinned, white-haired, horned man who was tying up a bedroll, as he yawned. Isa was right, it was him.

Moss Vidya, and Therias didn't recognize Isa at all when he approached. They were guarded at first, with Vidya looking a tad chipper, but Gilly-L seemed to have been informed somehow of Isa's disguise, because when she saw him she smiled and waved. After that Moss and the two ladies relaxed. "Hey, gramps," greeted Moss sleepily, still without any recognition of the biker, then his teal eyes went wide, "wait, you have a b---"

Gilly-L clapped a hand to his mouth, his cheek poking out of the illusion a bit. before she withdrew her hand immediately. "D-don't say that out loud, Moss."

"Yeah, that's kinda revealing and attracts attention." said Vidya, shaking her head, smiling at Isa. "Nice look, gramps." she winked at him knowingly.

Therias looked like she lacked sleep, and just gave Isa a nod of greeting, before crossing her arms and continuing to watch their surroundings carefully.

L's closed her eyes happily when Isa gently patted her head, and took his hand and held it in her small ones the way she did Stormhide's. "Okay, gramps, I'll check it out when you're around. Don't really feel safe walking out in the open." she gave his hand a squeeze that just communicated all her anxiety. "We'll be at the tavern."

"Not I, I can't afford a room." said Moss, glancing at his sleeping bag. It seemed he slept right here in the docks last night.

"It's okay, it's on me, dude." said Vidya exasperatedly as though she had said this many times.

"As I said, Vidya, I appreciate the offer, but I don't want anyone to pay for me."

"It's good to stick together." said L.

"Look, I'll be looking for work and digging up some info all day today anyway." Moss insisted. "So I won't have free time, and even if I did, the tavern's not safe. It's likely they know you're hiding there, Gilly. And with you ladies guarding her and the other Vault Hunters doing their own thing here, someone's gotta start finding a lead on those thieves. We can't stay in this town for long. Whoever's hunting you knows you're still here in Sanctuary. They're going to come back."

Katsuya Katsuya

* * * *​

Some time that morning Sassy was going to hear L's voice in her head. 'Hi, Sassy, it's L. Got attacked last night. Look out for masked warlocks: two archers, and an old man with white hair and beard, an eyepatch over his left eye.'

Sassy would recognize this as the Leyline Message spell.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary -
C.U.R.E., 2nd Level, Heart District, Sanctuary​

Being a part of C.U.R.E. was like having a family and it made her warm to know that she was a part of it. She hoped that eventually everyone would have a chance to feel like they were a part of something big like she was. She was grateful to Soren for fixing up her clothing and gave him a big hug when she saw her coat and over vest that hid her false arm. She enjoyed walking with Roy and regaled him with tales of her time in Surt's Fall, some of which he likely knew were probably not true, but that was just Sassy's way. When they parted, She grinned and gave him a wink and a finger gun, "you know it! Just gotta' take care of somethin' first!"

Sassy kept her eyes open as she walked to the tavern, not so much in a touristy kind of fashion but more like she was aware of her surroundings and taking them in as she went on her way. When she came up to the tavern, she greeted Ori and as Nibblet came down to greet her, she gave the kitty lots of pets and love as she told Ori that she wouldn't go back on their deal but she just had to handle her business with the Godfather first so as not to implicate the tavern as involved in some way and it wasn't just because she was banned from entering until further notice. She may be a rascal, but she was honorable.

As the passersby greeted her, she was just as friendly in greeting them, even carrying on little conversations with anyone who stopped to chat. One would think that she had just won some sort of competition or an expensive prize rather than a couple of skirmishes against the organized guard of Sanctuary. In the back of her mind, she wondered if any of these people were the person who had helped her the previous day, it was definitely good fortune that they had and she wanted to meet them if she could.

When she saw the two Carvers she had briefly held hostage the previous day, she gave Nibs some snuggles goodbye and told her to be a good kitty until she got back. Nibblet returned to her snack and Sassy turned towards the guards, unable to contain her laughter as she noticed their demeanors and saw their new equipment.

"Really fellas? Couldn't wait to get your gear back?" She dropped the bag of their belongings on the ground at their feet, "I'm a woman of my word, I just hope you are men of yours."

Sassy followed them as Dreadlocks directed but not without pulling a mocking face once his back was turned. She wasn't the type to ignore a taunting gesture so she returned them each, either with a snarl followed by amused laughter or a rude gesture with her hands or arms, sometimes she made a point to make fun of one of the Carvers' appearances through the gestures if she thought they were particularly hideous and the complimentary raspberry with a finger fan to her nose was also often given in return. She seemed very unintimidated by the Carvers as a whole, offering a big beaming grin to those that gave her the stink eye as well.

"Sure!" Was Sassy's response with a big grin as they told her to leave her weapons, drawing the knife from the back of her belt and handing it over, "but I got no explodey doodads -- hey! Watch it ya big fart!"

She exclaimed when she was practically manhandled by a Naga, sticking her tongue out at him before she continued into the large cocoon like establishment, as she entered, her eyes grew wide and she gave a sharp whistle as she eyed all the meat in the gym, "I don't think I've ever seen so much muscle in one place, hot dang!"

The whole setting made her consider returning at some point, especially the hot springs that reminded her of home and made her wonder if they were connected somehow. It would be fun to watch all these muscly people succeeding in feats of strength too. When they stepped into the big and elaborately decorated seemingly private room, she couldn't help but think about how the big bosses of Sanctuary were probably all pretty showy and that thought made her smirk. Thinking about how the bosses seemed to like to flaunt their status made her smile almost as much as the fact that the room was lined with weapons, why even make her leave her weapons if they were just going to bring her to a room filled with them. She snickered to herself but the snickering was lost when the sound of L's voice flowed through her mind by the Leyline.

She paused a moment before shaking her head and briefly closing her eyes, thinking to herself one thing at a time Sassy, one thing at a time and that thought was quickly interrupted by an out loud declaration when she actually took notice of the being she could only assume was The Godfather, "holy crap crackers! Well, you aren't what I was expectin' at all!"

Her exclamation was followed by laughter at how she was introduced, "sure sure... but honestly I prefer 'Troublemaker,' or maybe 'Wisegal'."

One of her slimly kept brows raised at how the two Carvers bowed to The Godfather and gave him an awkward wave and smile when he looked at her. When he boomed his laughter at his two Carvers, she contributed with her own, squeaky and slightly disbelieving giggles as she taunted them breathlessly, "even he thinks it's funny."

"Oh awesome, thanks!" She didn't even think a second about the offer and took a seat at his table, leaning forward and tearing a chunk of meat form the spider, "Sassafras Jenkins, but you can just call me Sassy!"

Zer0 Zer0

"Sassy, I'm The Godfather. Looks like our expectations made us both falter." he burped, flexed, then threw the spider leg carapace into the fire. He clapped his big ol'paws together, before resting them on his belly and leaning back, relaxing. "What were you expecting to see?"

Sassafras Jenkins
- Sanctuary, West Lung District -
Savage Gym of Savagery​

Sassy nodded and munched on the chunk of spider meat she had pulled from the carcass. Her hair was an absolute mess, it didn't look like she had even brushed it this morning, just tossed her goggles on over it to keep the matted mess out of her face, she definitely didn't look like she should be meeting with anyone important like she was. Following his question she shrugged and tossed the rest of the spider meat chunk in her mouth before speaking with her mouth full.

"I dunno'... maybe a grumpy ol' Dwarf -- not that I have any preconceptions about Dwarves, they are pretty awesome n all, I just wasn't expecting..." She gestured at him randomly from head to toe with both of her hands, "all of this."

Zer0 Zer0

The polar bear chuckled deeply. "As a specimen, yes I am intimidating." He stretched, tree-trunk thick hams flexing. "So, why did you want to meet me Sassy Wisegal Jenkins?"

Sassafras Jenkins
Savage Gym of Savagery​

This moment was most definitely the "moment of truth" so to speak. Sassy looked at The Godfather thoughtfully. He seemed like a nice enough fellow but looks could be deceiving. Though she didn't see why she should just suddenly challenge him out of the blue. Maybe he could be reasoned with?

Sassy leaned back in her chair and folded her leather covered hands over her stomach, "well... I wanted to ask you about the gate toll. Why is it so high? Back in the tavern some o yer boys knocked a Chocobo leg out of some of the patron's hands and they had saved for it and couldn't get another one because of the toll. It kinda' like... makes this place seem like less of a sanctuary and more like a money pit."

She didn't even mention that she was heading in to challenge him for the Godfather title, mainly because if she said how she was going to but then thought she could discuss changes with him instead after all of her oohing and awing, he might just think she was chicken instead of trying to be civil.

"Also. Your goons took my bird and I want him back."

Zer0 Zer0

"Ahhh, the fourth question I get asked the most." said the polar bear, leaning back further with a look of someone settling for the routine of the day. "Look outside, kiddo," he jutted his jaw towards the balcony, "Sanctuary is overcrowded with rough folk who usually don't care 'bout anyone 'cept themselves, who'll rob you and beat you --- kill you if they can get away with it--- just to eat. That high toll lets me buy food to feed the town. And it's not even enough to feed everybody, cuz' they all keep coming, someone's always hungry. But it is enough to not make you all riot and tear Sanctuary from the inside for food. That toll also prevents more people from coming in. This town just can't feed everybody. We are steadily working to expand the caverns though, mining the butt of this Ancient to eventually have more room for our hanging farms. Toll goes to pay for the miners too. And as for your bird . . . It's your gate toll and compensation for robbing one of my men of the loot he saved and just throwing it all to strangers in that tavern."

He looked back at Dreadlocks and Ranju who had settled to flanking the doorway. " You two got all your things, though?"

Ranju nodded; Dreadlocks looked hesitant. "My . . . book . . . on Lumberjack Poems. She still got it."

One of the polar bear's brows raised so high. Dreadlocks looked away, stoicly embarassed. "Alright." Shrugged the polar bear. "Sassy, give him back his Lumberjack poems."

- Isa Bianchi -
“Visiting The Godfather“

“Mornin’~ nice seeing you again, Sea Grass.” That was Isa’s nickname for Moss when they traveled together months ago whenever he wanted to tease the prince —- which is everyday. Gramps Isa lowly chuckled when Gilly-L clapped her hand on Moss’ mouth before looking at Vidya. Then he placed his thin and wrinkly hands on his hips before strutting a bit like a sassy model but with a long white beard and long fuzzy eyebrows. “I try. I try.”

His eyes lingered on a tired Therias for a quick second before chuckling again at Moss, stopping besides Vidya. Everyone can tell by the way he shook his head that he rolled his eyes. “Then go stay in the caravan. You don’t get to pay and you have a free bedroom. It’s at the Heart district. Look for buff satyr that like designing. Same with you three.”

Then he looked at Gilly-L like a real worried grandpa, leaning down and on his cane. “Vudguk asked me to convince you to have two others watch over you.”

He shrugged. “Knowing you, I bet you don’t want to bother others or don’t trust their abilities. However it’s not a bad idea to have others watch over your back and shoulders while we’re in Sanctuary.”

“Well I’ll be going! Wish me luck, you young‘uns! May the fish smell not drown your noses. Kekekek!” With that, Gramps- Isa hobbled his way to The Godfather’s gym.

Zer0 Zer0

"Bianch Troll?!" Gaped Moss, all sleepiness gone. He stood up and poked a little bit of his beard, then withdrew quickly after his finger tip disappeared inside the illusion. He stared as he strutted around, then his face broke to a happy smile. "You were meeting Gilly too?" he asked, amazed. "You're also looking for the . . ." He looked at Isa's pocket where he usually kept his uncle's watch and looked like he was trying to put two and two together.

"You two know each other?" Asked Vidya.

"Yeah, we kinda travelled together for two months on Smoky, before we went our own ways. We didn't tell each other of course about the meeting with Gilly. I didn't know you were coming to Sanctuary, Trolly, oh I could have ridden more on Smoky." he said with nostalgia. Moss loved Isa's motorbike. He fawned and asked about how the engine worked and always watched carefully whenever Isa made repairs or dismantled any parts to clean, before diving into a notebook he always carries around and jots down notes next to some cooking recipes.

"What caravan?" Moss looked up, curious. Vidya and Therias too were surprised.

"Gramps bought us a caravan for our journey." smiled Gilly-L warmly. "He even asked me what women needed to be comfortable."

Vidya looked at Isa with the same growing affections. "Wow, dude, that's really nice of you." she nodded. "Maybe that is safer, Gilly. Your friends won't be affected and the caravan's something only we know about."

Gilly-L looked from Vidya to Isa. "Okay, I'll go to the caravan, but no, gramps, I don't want anybody to die for me. At least us we're risking our lives for what we really want, them they just want to protect me and . . . you know, I don't think I'm worth that. So you can tell Vugduk no, and everyone else no."

Moss looked between them all. "I'll stay in the caravan too after I ask around. I'll protect the you-know-what too." he promised Isa.

"I'll protect you, Gilly, you-know-what or not, so don't worry, gramps." she grinned behind her pink sunglasses. "Don't let this crystal arm fool any of ya," she waved it around. "I kinda helped Sassy get out of trouble yesterday too, so you can count on me! They don't call me The Basilisk for nothing." she whispered, pulling down her shades and flashing her eyes a luminous magenta for a moment.

Then the two looked expectantly at Therias who looked surprised at the sudden attention. "I'm just here for the you-know-what. Whatever needs doing, I'll do it." she nodded with deep determination.

"We need to have a proper code name for this thing not just call it you-know-what." said Vidya. "See ya later gramps!" she added when Isa hobbled off.

"Bye, Bianch troll, I'll be checking out Smoky!" hollered Moss.

"Please take care!" said L.

* * * *​

It wasn't hard for Isa to meet the Godfather. His letter was received without question and a naga, the same one who delivered the letter to him, came out of the gym to greet him.

"The Godfather he is exssssspecting you." He hissed. "I am Sssaberon, your esssscort." After secretly making sure it really was Isa with his bike and not some random old gnome, Saberon took his cart for him and hissed. "Follow me."

Isa was led to The Godfather's den where of all the people in the world, Sassy was sitting down eating a giant spider roasting above a cooking pit and talking to him, a big beefy polar bear in steel armor with a great hammer at his side.

Saberon carefully put down the cart on the floor and waited for a lull in the conversation where he can interrupt his boss.

Katsuya Katsuya

Sassafras Jenkins
Savage Gym of Savagery​

As the Godfather spoke, Sassy listened to him with a degree of maturity one that didn't know her well probably wouldn't expect. It didn't surprise her that he had been asked this question before, though his answer to her question would determine what she did next, which was why she so patiently and quietly listened to his response. She watched him steadily and waited until he was finished before she said anything, "yeah... I know, this ain't my first time here. But, knowing that there are people that are less than savory, why don't you treat them just how your Carvers treat the Templars? Both are aggressors and definitely obstacles of peace... we're all just trying to survive, right? Ain't it easier to work together than become each other's enemy?"

She sat up then and held her hand up a minute, "alright alright... so food gets brought in but then because of the toll, people who make it here -- to what they assume is safety -- don't even have enough metal to buy any of that food? Am I to understand that you buy the food and give it to the taverns and then they turn around and sell it? Is the fee that you charge the businesses used to buy food too or is that just for your own personal gain?"

Sassy made a point of eyeing up the giant spider that sat in front of him, though didn't say anything, calming herself for the moment so that she could continue to get to the bottom of this and see if there was any justification.

"As for 'robbing' that Carver," Sassy made air quotes, "him and his partner knocked food out of one of the patrons hands, food that they had saved for without so much as a sorry and there would have unlikely been any compensation for it. And don't try to pin that on me, I walked up to them all smiles and they were the ones that attacked. I felt like it was only fair for the trouble the patrons endured... and it's not like I took anythin' else from them."

Her posture was relaxed despite the feeling behind her words, not even her face seemed tight with emotion and as the Godfather brought the conversation around to the Carvers that had escorted her and their belongings she snorted and started laughing, "okay okay, so I kept a little somethin' from him, but honestly, I couldn't resist, this thing is hilarious!"

She unzipped her coat partially and drew out the book in question, sitting more upright and crossing her legs at the knee as she opened it and began to read.

"There it lay, like maiden fair,
thick of waist and lush of hair.
The dimming sun in yonder sky,
kisses the horizon, and so I sigh.
With rough hand I wipe my brow--"​

At that, she snorted again and started laughing, unable to continue but shook her head and closed the book, tossing it to Dreadlocks, "whatever, it's all yours."

She stuck her tongue out at him as she leaned back again and looked back to the Godfather, "anyway, the main reason I came here was because of Ralph... "

Once again she put to use her British accent, "so, fancy a waija, gov'na?"

It was then that a new visitor arrived with yet another of the Godfather's guards and Sassy turned and gave them a grin, and a half wave half salute before adding, "heya grampa!"

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back