• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ulyee

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

What in the Goddamn...?

• Hey there, nice to meet you, hope you enjoy your time here. Call me whatever you like, but Ulyee, Yule, and Ulysses are what most tend to lean towards (He/Him/They). I’ve been roleplaying for a while, and been on this floating space marble for a bit over 24 years. I’ll throw a bit about me down in this section, click around and see if anything catches you.

I come from the loud land of Texas, the dusty, cowboy hat filled part (CST). But there’s a chance I’ll be kicking around the other side of the globe every now and then. I earn my bread ranching while I earn my coffee by writing dime store novels and ghostwriting. But I’ve got a dozen or so irons in the fire when it comes to work- bush flying and historic renovating being the standouts.

Whereas hobbies go all over the place. Gaming being the easiest jumping off point- Fallout New Vegas and Arma 2 Dayz being my favorites. While Civ6, CK2, Stardew, and Ark Ascended are taking up my time therein. I adore history studies, by way of munching on college textbooks and podcasts. Mike Duncan’s ‘Revolutions’ is currently taking up a lot of my drive time. In between lay a bunch of random things. Stol competitions, motorcycle marathons, hiking, skiing, book binding- on and on for much longer than need be. And of course, as a holdover from my high-school days, anime still has its hold on me. Mainly the classics, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Toradora, and Spice and Wolf are some of the few box sets I’ve got.

About Me
Rules
Style
Pairings
Plots

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:
For Mobile Users!

Hey there, nice to meet you, hope you enjoy your time here. Call me whatever you like, but Ulyee, Yule, and Ulysses are what most tend to lean towards (He/Him/They). I’ve been roleplaying for a while, and been on this floating space marble for a bit over 24 years. I’ll throw a bit about me down in this section, click around and see if anything catches you.

I come from the loud land of Texas, the dusty, cowboy hat filled part (CST). But there’s a chance I’ll be kicking around the other side of the globe every now and then. I earn my bread ranching while I earn my coffee by writing dime store novels and ghostwriting. But I’ve got a dozen or so irons in the fire when it comes to work- bush flying and historic renovating being the standouts.

Whereas hobbies go all over the place. Gaming being the easiest jumping off point- Fallout New Vegas and Arma 2 Dayz being my favorites. While Civ6, CK2, Stardew, and Ark Ascended are taking up my time therein. I adore history studies, by way of munching on college textbooks and podcasts. Mike Duncan’s ‘Revolutions’ is currently taking up a lot of my drive time. In between lay a bunch of random things. Stol competitions, motorcycle marathons, hiking, skiing, book binding- on and on for much longer than need be. And of course, as a holdover from my high-school days, anime still has its hold on me. Mainly the classics, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Toradora, and Spice and Wolf are some of the few box sets I’ve got.

⊱ 21+. This is a hard line for me. As a 24 year old I simply am more comfortable rp’ing with people above that line. My preference, subject material, and point of reference tends to skew older than my own age to begin with. It’s nothing on quality or personality, simply familiarity and comfortability.

⊱ No underaged mains/plots. Another hard line- and just as the first verse, here too it’s just not something I’m comfortable with. I don’t mind characters, in the background, being minors or mains having children. But I have no interest in exploring those topics or characters beyond that point.

⊱ Please don’t comment on the post, toss me a message if you’re interested, I’d love to hear what caught your eye.

⊱ There’s a few Fandoms on the table, but I only want us to rp with OC’s in non-original settings.

⊱ I am happy to play any type of pairings, but I don’t enjoy simplistic ‘gay angst’ plots. Being Pan, and having my gay relationships being the point of both obsession and disgust for peoples in the tiny town I grew up in, I can’t enjoy those plots.

⊱ Outside of the last mention I’ve no stand out triggers from the usual's. But I’ll say I need any darker themes, especially those around mental illness, to be treated with some respect and depth.

Here’s where we get to the potatoes, ‘My Style’. Just a quick overview of what you can expect from my posts, and where I tend to lean.

⊱ I write exclusively in third person.

⊱ I tend to reply multiple times a day, but don’t carry any expectations over to you.

⊱ When rp’ing on site I tend to not color or code my writing, but I’d be happy to mirror if asked.

⊱ Likewise, I’m not a big fan of face claims or character sheets- not entirely against them, simply far more interested in collaborative story/character building.

⊱ The length and quality ranges from Semi-Lit to Adv-Lit.

⊱ I enjoy playing any gender/pairing, with the caveat mentioned in the Rules section.

⊱ I generally enjoy an asymmetric approach to the amount of characters in my roleplays: The mains taking up half the spot light, with the supporting cast coming in and out to add flavor and break up the flow every now and then. But that’s very scene dependent- I can enjoy well done ensemble casts and lonely one on one pairings.

⊱ How and what I write ranges in style from rp to rp. I adore pulpy, tropey, self indulgent affairs; Yet, I’m just as cozy with dry, heady, politically charged writings. I can enjoy tropes, entirely by themselves or making rp’s around the deconstruction of said tropes.

⊱ What I look for in my plots spans the whole board. Romance, world building, angst, dry dramas, straight horror. You name it, I’ll likely enjoy it.

Here we’ve got my random ingredients for plot making. This is in no way an exhaustive list, and is not a hardline- I think we’d have a grand time building something together from scratch. This is just me opening my pantry door and showing you what I’ve got on hand, off the top of my head.

Tropes ‘N Themes
These are abstract ideas for story/settings/characters that I can riff well with, meant to give you an idea where I’m likely to start from when brainstorming.

⊱ Soldiers/institutionalized powers facing something unthinkable.
⊱ Two worlds meeting- be it actual alien cultures, or simply pairings where neither can grasp what the other is or is going through.
⊱ Broken world but bright people
⊱ Lazy authority figure matched with a well meaning idiot
⊱ Exploring hell- Finding beauty in a horrific setting
⊱ Political power imbalances
⊱ Living during the fall of a government
⊱ Uncanny life form characters- sinister or unintentionally unnerving imitations of life. Life like robots, aliens intentionally posing as humans, and horrors who can put on a face.
⊱ Slice of life in wild/odd/horrific places
⊱ I love just pure, self indulgent, romance in all its forms- usually the slower, the deeper, the better. Be it soft and kind, steadily building as a proper romance should - Or an enemies to lovers, toxic nightmare, I adore it all.

Shotgun Pairings
Just a handful of ideas around various genre and time spans.

Fantasy
⊱ Holy crusader - demon
⊱ Queen/Baroness - Foreign Advisor
⊱ Cult practitioner- their underpowered first summon
⊱ Hermit Witch - court wizard
⊱ Upstart merchant - grizzled knight
⊱ Cleric - non believing bar owner

Horror
⊱ Soldier - Ungodly Horror
⊱ Deep Space Explorer - Mind Altering Alien
⊱ Hunter - Thing they thought was a game animal

Modern
⊱ Captain/Navigator - Dock Worker
⊱ Explorer - Noble Patron
⊱ Librarian- Historian
⊱ Scientist - first alien contact
⊱ Inhabiting ghost - farmhand

Sci-fi
⊱ Planetary scholar - deep space engineer
⊱ Pirate captain - captured mechanic
⊱ non'humanoid first contact - deep space explorer
⊱ Station mechanic - ship captain
⊱ Deep space librarian - Alien student

Historical
⊱ Roman senator - advisor
⊱ Legionary - captured soldier
⊱ Napoleonic officer - American observer
⊱ Greek advisor - Roman officer

Fandoms
I really enjoy the fallout universe, and have made up stories with my own characters in that setting since I was tincy- the land of Skyrim all the same. Beyond those settings, I’d much rather just take tidbits from media that we like and folding them into an original setting.

Stardust and Broken Rings

One love, one job, and one ship- that was all Muse A and B had ever wanted. And from the youngest age, the pair had found their dreams in each other. But star fairing in the expansive void, making your money on autonomously collected surveys and dry journal entries, tends to leave the heart wanting- so too when you realize the only partner you’ve ever had is not all there is in an expansive universe of hundreds of worlds and thousands of stations. But rings, be they planetary or golden, constrain a wandering heart all the same. So, not knowing any’one or ‘thing out in the vast void, and smart enough not to throw away their longest standing relationship- the pair decide to break their rings rather than their relationship. Setting their course back to their home system, they decide to focus on exploring what they had missed on their first time around.

The March is Beautiful, the People are Not, No Matter

The world was encased in fire, mushroom clouds dotted to putrid land, and the world was turned anew. The atomic hell that all feared launched and found America first, and from the final barrage came the creation of some sort of doorway- launching horrors unknown to all but those myth makers of old. And thus a new war has begun. Humanity, under the de facto rule of a new soviet government, and the ‘other’ things, who come in various waves and ways across the ocean. A great many seep into Europe, subtly playing and disguising as humans, while other forces and tribes pound away in various bloody conflicts around Alaska, the current beach head of communism into the ‘New World’. The aim, or so the commissars say, is to teach these hellspawns their ways, as yet another victory of communism.
We could go a dozen places here. I’m drawn to staging it in some sort of border town in Alaska, where the Soviets are trying to create some sort of understanding of these peoples- maybe earnestly trying to find a way to coexist, due to the cost and propaganda victory. Or simply trying to use the few locals that do come in peace against their peoples. Maybe a gray land between where humans and these faux’demons are trying to leave the influence of both lands, forming their own in-between. An ‘imposter’ plot set in Europe, with some sort of infiltration plot would be fun- or simply a slice of life in the soviet/demon trenches would be great.

Swords Don’t Keep the Wolves at Bay

A great nation, who has spent the last two decades carving new border from the surrounding lands, finally has reached the end of its expansion- and now must deal with all the struggles of victory. Muse A, one of the many military commanders vying for power and prominence in this newly formed land, is at a crossroads. They had the money and the name to make a run at the governor’s seat in one of the many new provinces or to climb further up their post. Knowing the military was to be reduce, in size and power, the smartest option is politics. But they are not known at court- hell she barely has a dress uniform, let alone the grace to wear it. And most damning of all for their prospects, is they lack marriage, and a family. The issue kept the various victory celebrations to the back of their mind, and made wine a ‘by the barrel’ purchase. Until, from the lands of the most recent conquest, came a letter- an offer. The hand of Muse B, one of the few eligible nobles from the still smoldering kingdom. Muse A’s only shot at a stability, and Muse B’s only shot at holding onto any of their families power of wealth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back