• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice UEEF: The Shadow Chronicles - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sure. Right now, your team will be doing a lot of space actions, and when you do go planetside, you can change over to the Rifleman (and once they are developed, the Saber and Battler models).

As I think about it, I am going to have you starting out assigned to one of the several Garfish-Class troop transports as a part of their VF wing. If you are interested in being able to fly one, that falls under the Pilot Spacecraft: Heavy skill.

Give it time. If you are interested in doing so, and don't see any skill that you want more, you can pick it up.

Oh, sure! Make me wait! I am a modern gamer, so I want it all and I want it now!

lol Just kidding (mostly!)

Mirgris Mirgris After taking a quick peek at your skill list, make sure you get the MECT skill for your Alpha in order to be able to use it at full capability. Your Close Air Support Pilot MOS comes with two of your choice.

Cool deal. Don't overlook the Cyclone if you have the available skills for them.

If it is needed, I can switch my mecha of choice to the Beta, in case more people want to pilot an Alpha Fighter. It is a simple enough change for me to make.

I added a fun callsign to my sheet. Motoko is known as Bigs, short for Boobs In G-Suit as the only female pilot in her particular graduating class.

Hmm. Still not sure about whether to take the last Alpha or leave it for someone with a skillset more suited to it (assuming there will be someone).

Unless you are choosing the Veritech Pilot MOS from the main book, most of your MECT skills can be easily swapped out without altering the rest of your skills.

Okay. After thinking about it, I'll take one of the Betas.

One question though; since this game's taking place in 2024, shouldn't the BF/V-9 be nonexistent, seeing as it didn't enter service until 2037?

Unless you are choosing the Veritech Pilot MOS from the main book, most of your MECT skills can be easily swapped out without altering the rest of your skills.
So I had a rules question.

The book in the skills section (under pilot skills) says that while piloting any dodge, or maneuver requires a pilot roll.
Is this something we will actually be doing?
Because if it's going to be that constant I'll probably take a super high IQ for the roll bonus to pilot skills, since we would be rolling most turns.

So I had a rules question.

The book in the skills section (under pilot skills) says that while piloting any dodge, or maneuver requires a pilot roll.
Is this something we will actually be doing?
Because if it's going to be that constant I'll probably take a super high IQ for the roll bonus to pilot skills, since we would be rolling most turns.
I just have you do a standard d20 roll with your bonuses added in for your dodge and do not require any special piloting skill roll for that. Only time you need to do a Pilot Veritech skill is if there is some adverse conditions you are trying to fly through.

I just have you do a standard d20 roll with your bonuses added in for your dodge and do not require any special piloting skill roll for that. Only time you need to do a Pilot Veritech skill is if there is some adverse conditions you are trying to fly through.
Cool I figured that rule was more about other vehicles.
I obviously get needing a pilot roll to Dodge in a sailing ship.

If it's just normal Dodge though that 29 is going into PP

One question though; since this game's taking place in 2024, shouldn't the BF/V-9 be nonexistent, seeing as it didn't enter service until 2037?
I am bending the storyline a bit. If I were a stickler, you wouldn't have the CVR-3 armor yet, either, but I don't want to have to worry about that too much.

Cool I figured that rule was more about other vehicles.
I obviously get needing a pilot roll to Dodge in a sailing ship.

If it's just normal Dodge though that 29 is going into PP
That works for me. It will certainly help to keep you alive a lot longer.

Speaking of dodging, I am more flexible with that than the rules say you should be. For a normal shot, it is your typical dodge roll to try and beat the shooter's to-hit roll. For missiles, 1-3 missiles can be dodged as normal, but 4 or more cannot be dodged. The defense for that is to either use your Veritech's Chaff/Flares which can spoof the volley, or try to shoot down the volley with guns or missiles of your own.

I have considered a house rule that once you hit fourth level, you can then dodge an additional missile, going up one per level, so a sixth level pilot could conceivably evade a group of six missiles. I am not locked in on this yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back