• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice UEEF: The Shadow Chronicles - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I am debating between STORM Commando and the Alpha Pilot. The STORM Commando comes with some duplicate skills; what do we do then?

I am debating between STORM Commando and the Alpha Pilot. The STORM Commando comes with some duplicate skills; what do we do then?
I house rule that you take the highest skill bonus and then add an additional 5% to it.

More rolls

Ok, going with the STORM Commando. That gives me a base of 45 SDC, and max roll for my hit points.

I'll go ahead and post a list of what I refer to as the Dedicated Martial Art styles in the Character thread. In order to get one of these, you have to spend a skill to go above Martial Arts or Commando style training. In the event that you have a class that gives you both Martial Arts and Commando from your various OCC selections, you can choose to upgrade for free.

I think I'll call dibs on a beta this time. I don't know what archetype or class I'm going for yet.

Sherwood Sherwood
What about races? Or Zentraedi mecha?

The only other race you can play is the Zentraedi. The others in the UEEF Marines Sourcebook are off limits.

Do Zentraedi players get Zentraedi mecha? Or still sticking with beta, alpha, and valk?
You will be trained in the Alpha, Beta or Valkyrie. If you want to pick the Pilot Destroid and MECT Zentraedi Battle Pod skill, you can.

Depending on your OCC, you may be an officer with the rank of 3rd lieutenant. Some OCCs are enlisted.

At a glance, what are the differences between an Alpha, a Beta and a Valkyrie?

Also, you probably said this earlier, but what year does the game take place in?

At a glance, what are the differences between an Alpha, a Beta and a Valkyrie?

Also, you probably said this earlier, but what year does the game take place in?
The Alpha is a highly maneuverable air and space superiority fighter. It packs a large missile complement, with a top speed of Mach 2.5 in space.

The Beta fighter is designed to link to the back of the Alpha to be a booster pack, giving the pair a top speed of Mach 7. It has a large missile and bomb complement, but is not quite as maneuverable. The advantage that the Alpha/Beta pair has is that one pilot can dodge while the other attacks.

1598220108811.png

In space, the Alpha can transform into its battloid mode while attached to the Beta, and either pilot can access the missile ordnance of the two linked fighters.

The Valkyrie is an older model fighter, but has been upgraded over the years. Its speed is in between the Alpha and Beta, unless you get the Super Veritech armor pack on it, which increases its speed and missile complement.

The year is right around 2024, after you have left Earth but before running into the Invid at Tyrol.

If you are interested, the 1e book REF Field Guide has a lot of artwork showing the different mecha and ships from various angles.

jaydude jaydude One thing you need to make sure of is to take the skill Boxing. It adds one extra action/attack per round to your character, along with other good bonuses.

jaydude jaydude One thing you need to make sure of is to take the skill Boxing. It adds one extra action/attack per round to your character, along with other good bonuses.
Thanks. I was already thinking of having my character come from the British Isles, but this gives me even more incentive to do so.

True that. Boxing is almost a required skill in any Palladium game.

jaydude jaydude Any ideas on what you are going to do with your character? Anything I can help with?

It's very late for me right now. At the moment, all I can think of is that he was once an amateur boxer who decided to enlist at a young age. I'll probably start painting a clearer picture tomorrow, once I've had a chance to get some sleep and then roll his stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back