• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice UEEF: The Shadow Chronicles - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Expert is not the highest tier of Martial Arts training available, but depending on what OCC you pick, you may not have enough skills to buy it up yet. It starts you out with 4 attacks per melee round, which is not insignificant. If you take one of the UEEF OCCs, you will have extra skills to be able to get the upgrades available.

On a side note, if you have the skills for it, don't forget to get Boxing. It adds an extra attack/action per melee round to your character.
Ah, yes. Thank you for that reminder.

If I take my 18 in PP, there’s no exploding or anything, right?

You should be, with the 5,000 xp that has been awarded. Just depends on what OCC you go with, since some classes have a steeper xp rate than others.

Then don't forget to increase your skill percentages for each level you go up, and see how many new skills you get for leveling.

Oh? Another engineer and a space bear to boot?

Jake:
giphy.gif

Welcome as well Random Word Random Word ! I don't know much about the space amazons, but the more of us squashing bugs the better!

I presume I have to put the 24 in a 3d6 stat and not a 2d6 stat, since the 2d6 stats usually have huge flat bonuses? Or maybe it becomes an 18 instead of a 24 if I put it in a 2d6 slot?
If I take my 18 in PP, there’s no exploding or anything, right?

WlfSamurai's message seems to indicate there's been a previous ruling I missed that the free 24 becomes an 18 if slotted into a 2d6 stat - is that correct?

WlfSamurai's message seems to indicate there's been a previous ruling I missed that the free 24 becomes an 18 if slotted into a 2d6 stat - is that correct?
Damn. I keep on missing stuff to get you started. Yes that is correct.

Okay, wow, so much stuff to go through.

So I have to put the numbers into these spots
3d6's
19, 15, 10
I.Q. 3D6
P.P. 3D6+6
P.E. 3D6+10

2d6's
24, 17, 10, 10, 9
M.E. 2D6+2
M.A. 2D6+2
P.S. 2D6+14
P.B. 2D6+14
Spd 2D6+18

Then... pick a Martial Art (Jeet Kune Do makes you smarter, and Krav Maga makes you more charming? Okay.) I'll somewhat randomly go with Tae Kwan Do for an honourable space amazon, as Jeet Kune Do has dirty tricks I'm sure she'd frown on, though I'd certainly like the IQ bonus.
Add 1 to P.S.
Add 2 to P.E.
Add 1 to P.P.
Add 4 to Spd.
Add 15 to S.D.C.

Tally all the bonuses from Physical skills. So...

Body Building: +2 to P.S. and +10 S.D.C.
Boxing: + I additional attack per melee round. +2 to parry and dodge. +I to roll with impact/punch. +2 to P.S. and +3d6 to S.D.C.
Forced March: +2 to P.E., +ID4 to Spd. +2D6 to S.D.C.
Running: +1 to P.E., +4D4 to Spd, +ID6 to S.D.C.
Outdoorsman: +1 to P.E. +2D6 to S.D.C

So in total that's:
3d6's
19, 15, 10
I.Q. 3D6
P.P. 3D6+6+1 (+7)
P.E. 3D6+10+2+1+1+2 (+16)

2d6's
24, 17, 10, 10, 9
M.E. 2D6+2
M.A. 2D6+2
P.S. 2D6+14+2+2+1 (+19)
P.B. 2D6+14
Spd 2D6+18+4+4d4+1d4 (+35)

SDC is currently 36+10+15+8d6(29) = 100

Now to figure out which number goes where...

It occurs to me I don't know if my character speaks the same language everyone else does. Apparently she speaks Tirolian and her native Praxian. I assume there's a lingua franca of the fleet? Japanese, or English, or something? Do we have universal translators, or do I need to pick that one up?

Okay, looking at the other characters' stat spreads I think Space Amazons are a little bit broken. I feel like the Glitter Boy of Robotech. This was not an intentional decision.

Last edited:
Your rolls certainly came out much better than mine, but I'm not going to complain. Bigs is a good character. But you are right in the fact that the Paraxians are a bunch of tough cookies, but just remember that when dealing with Mega Damage weapons, being really strong and tough only goes so far before you take a single hit and get turned into a pale, pink mist.

If you consider that when comparing SDC damage to MDC damage, one MDC point equals one hundred SDC points. So even a minor hit outside of your armor will most certainly be lethal, especially with all the MDC mecha and guns around. Hell, even the Paraxian spears can do MDC damage, and that is the standard issue weapon to the Amazons.

I played RIFTs over a decade ago, so I remember the gist, but I forgot just how much goddamn cross-referencing you have to do. They don't make anything easy to look up, and they make you look up everything.

Also I noticed no one bought Sing, and given everything I've looked up about this setting seems to indicate singing is the most important thing ever (Both right and left borders for the Macross wiki are filled with idols and musician characters, as far as I can tell, with nary a giant robot to be seen) I've decided to take it upon myself to fix that. The dice gods continue to shower me with absurd blessings stats-wise, so now Space Amazon is apparently a budding pop idol.

I played RIFTs over a decade ago, so I remember the gist, but I forgot just how much goddamn cross-referencing you have to do. They don't make anything easy to look up, and they make you look up everything.
I feel your pain. I'm going to have to go back and reverse engineer my math again to make sure I'm actually leveling Jake up correctly. All the research and reference headaches of Palladium only serve to bolster my conviction to ask folks to try the Savage Worlds ports for Rifts and Robotech one day. I'm biased though, Savage Worlds: Deadlands was what got me hooked on the hobby.
Also I noticed no one bought Sing, and given everything I've looked up about this setting seems to indicate singing is the most important thing ever (Both right and left borders for the Macross wiki are filled with idols and musician characters, as far as I can tell, with nary a giant robot to be seen) I've decided to take it upon myself to fix that. The dice gods continue to shower me with absurd blessings stats-wise, so now Space Amazon is apparently a budding pop idol.
I noticed that too. I was trying to dig up the various series to watch them a while back. Given the presentation of this game, the idol/music theme for Macross caught me by surprise. Haven't been able to make much time to actually go through them, but perhaps sometime soon.

I have a friend who adores Savage Worlds, and he loves the Savage Worlds RIFTs port. I didn't know there was a port for Robotech as well, but yes, from what I've played of both I agree that the Savage Worlds system is better designed than the Palladium system.

Random Word Random Word WlfSamurai WlfSamurai
Heya, you two, welcome to the game. Would have said this a lot sooner, but didn't notice that I had an unread here from a few days ago, and thus didn't see that you were both posting Until a quarter of an hour ago, I had no idea you were both involved in this game now. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I think I've sorted out most of the mechanics for Tisiphone. I don't know where the stats for the VF-1R Valkyrie are (Edit: Oh, there's a whole equipment and mecha thread! Problem solved.), and she can't pilot a Cyclone, but maybe Bracca can just give her a ride on his giant ATV if the need arises. If it's meant to have a gunner that would work well.

I've been thinking about why she's a pilot. Maybe the admiralty, upon seeing all these alien volunteers signing up, tasked the Bureau of Personnel to create an Auxiliary Integration Task Force to figure out where best to put these bear people, amazons, and whatnot that were all suddenly coming out of the woodwork. AITF administered a battery of tests to the first Praxian volunteers and their absurd physical scores and personal preferences saw the vast majority assigned to front line marine units. Despite their complete unfamiliarity with UEF technology, based on their reflexes, durability, and sensory acuity marine aviation requested at least a small number be sent through a flight school crash course to assess their viability as pilots.

I'm not sure how long the fleet has been in this part of the galaxy - has even six months passed for a really intense flight training program designed for a species that doesn't need much sleep? If so, then the program was remarkably successful and she's been cleared for active service as the next phase of evaluation, where her performance will be heavily monitored and the task force will make a decision on future Praxian aviators. She has no UEF command training, so they made her a Warrant Officer - AIP (Auxiliary Integration Program) to cover her flight duties without giving her authority over anyone else. She's become a minor celebrity from karaoke night at the officer's club.

Last edited:
It will take some time to finish digging the Invid out of Tyrol, the current world you are on, before moving onto Karbarra as their next target. Plenty of time for a condensed flight training program for you guys.

I have a friend who adores Savage Worlds, and he loves the Savage Worlds RIFTs port. I didn't know there was a port for Robotech as well, but yes, from what I've played of both I agree that the Savage Worlds system is better designed than the Palladium system.
Yeah, I bought the Robotech port as soon as it was released. Hope someday to try it. Always been Savage Worlds curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back