• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
hmmm.JPG
Elizabeth Tsin

She nodded back and said, " be safe ashen one. Ol reliable will serve you well". Elizabeth climbed up the ladder slowly, becoming more conscious of each rung that edged closer to the light. Before realizing that someone was harassing the lizard. Her lip quivered at the thought, but she continued forth and peeked her each from the hole to catch a glimpse of the situation.

Hans slowly descended from behind the shadows of the pile of supplies, all of which was pushed aside by the dwarf. He had him followed him out of curiosity, when the whole attack ordeal was unfolding from outside the keep.

He himself wasn't to sure on why he was curious of this door to begin with. All he knew was that he Needed to know.

"Have no fear, for I am but a simple traveler. I heard a ruckus from up the keep, and I simply couldn't turn down a good mysterie. " He explained with the calmest voice he could muster.

Mor'du offers a slight bow to the assembled group of observers. "Well met, neighbor. As I have said to these others, I am Mor'du. I wish to offer up my thanks to you, Master Dwarf, for opening up the trap door to let us up. May the blessings of your god rest well upon you. There are some tired and hungry civilians that are in need of rest and food about to come up."

Hans wasn’t completely sure whether or not to trust this “mor’du”. But he had to little time to spend on integration.”mister dwarf, please tell us where this trap door shall lead us? Is it underground safe house? Or does it lead to outside the city?”. He pleaded to the dwarf.

657152825658310666.png
Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth peeped her to find Mor'du was still being held hostage and a new comer was throwing his glove into the gauntlet. Her brows furrowed. This place didn't seem to be the haven the women and children thought it to be. So she snapped her fingers and blinked at mor'du so that he would receive her thoughts using, Message. "Pst mister lizard should I blow these ninnies away so we can make haste with our escape on the open road"?

Sherwood Sherwood

Castellan Escobert the Red:

Escobert sized up the Silver Dragonborn and took his sweet time doing so. Only to have his concentration broken up by a small woman in the trap door snapping. " Oooooooh little missy, I would come up if I were you. And I wouldn't try using magic against us." He looked down and motioned her to come up and go over towards Mor'du. "If you and your friends are friendly towards us, you will not be harmed. I'm sure you can gather that people of Greenest needs to be careful tonight."

He gave Hans a quick glance but otherwise kept his eyes on Mor'du and the woman. "This trap door goes down into a tunnel that leads out to the bottom of the hill near the river. Its intended use is to gather water in prolonged sieges.

Linen:

"I really don't know how I'm going to repay you all for helping me and my family, but thank you for everything." She said and gave Xinnia a mini hug since she had one of her children in her arm. "But my older kids can climb up by themselves." She set down her daughter and grabbed her baby from her husband. Put the child into her shirt and tied the bottom so it was a make shift carrier for it, and then started climbing. She had to stop directly below Elizabeth. "Just climb woman! There are more People down here!" Linen slightly yelled at Elizabeth.

Escobert: "Linen? Is that you underneath her?"

Linen: "Yes, these adventurers saved me and my family from dozens of bandits. Let them through!"

Escobert: "Well well well, you guys saved Linen? Come on, Come on and get up here. If you're good by her you're good by me." He lowered his weapon.

*Once Elizabeth gets out off of the ladder, the family will go up. The Fighters and Bard will go up next.*

Last edited:
Andarra lets out a happy sigh as the threat of imminent violence fades. She says, "I am a healer. Is there any wounded that need to be tended to?"

Mor'du says to Elizabeth, "Don't worry. Everything is fine. Come up, and we shall see to the needs of the others down below."

qUF4QIi.png

Elizabeth Tsin

She climbed out of the hole, with goosebumps climbing up her back like an errant locomotive. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves and stepped by Mor'du and nodded to him. " sure thing", she whispered while taking a look at her surroundings for any exits, windows, and potential enemy soldiers.

Syvvaris Syvvaris What do I see?

Attachments

• omg.JPG
    omg.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 1
  • asuna 7.PNG
    asuna 7.PNG
    81.7 KB · Views: 1
still watching fma still watching fma and anyone else.

The room is a small-medium room being 15 feet by 25 feet with two lit torches by the door. There are no windows and only one door, behind you and to the left of Andarra. Dozens of crates, big and small, and barrels that line the walls. Escobert is standing a few feet from the trap door, now with his mace lowered but still watching the family, the fighters, the bard and the Monk come up. You and everyone else are pretty sure that this is a storage room.

There is a Shield Dwarf, a Elf and a human in the room outside of the members that are coming up from the tunnel. The Dwarf, who stands in front of you all, is in full plate armor carrying a mace, he wears no helmet with a full red beard that attaches to long red braided hair, but the crown of his head was absent of hair. The Elf is behind you and See Psychie Psychie picture, and a shady looking human near the supplies Escobert moved. Which is up against the wall with the door in the middle of the room. He's to your left.

As Linen manages to climb to the top of the ladder, Escobert put his mace away and helps the woman up and gave her as big of a hug as he could with her child strapped to her chest. "Linen! I'm glad you are safe. Please tell me the rest of your family is here."

"Escobert! It's such a relief that I made it. I didn't think I was going to make it for a moment until these adventurers saved us. Yes, my family is coming up from the tunnel." She said as she accepted the hug. it took a minute or two but the family with the 2 kids and husband reunite on top and stand next to Escobert near the back of the room. Next a Golden Dragonborn, a dark haired human, a blonde human all wearing half-plate armor and many weapons on them. Following them is a blue dragonborn with light armor, a lute, rapier and a cross bow. These 4 join the Silver Dragonborn and the Human mage.

*When Xinnia comes up*

"Adventurers! I apologies for my aggressiveness. As you experienced tonight is no the best night for Greenest and while we rally our militia and keep's men. We could use capable heroes to help save as much of this town and as many people we can." Escobert announced to the group in front of him. "Are any of you up to the challenge of saving this town?"

Zotar Zotar Psychie Psychie still watching fma still watching fma Sherwood Sherwood Emperor1 Emperor1

Xinnia doused the torches in the water and left them there before climbing up. She'd listened intently as each person ascended and met with the others. Now it was her turn. So far, she'd not experienced much of the customary prejudice her skin tone usually provoked. She'd expected it ever since she left the monastery only a few months ago. But given how long she'd been away from general society, the culture must have changed. So it was with confidence that she raised her head into the room above, took in its contents and assorted occupants, and then climbed the rest of the way out with ease.

Facing the dwarf, she inclined her head respectfully. "I'm Xinnia, a scholar and martial artist. These are Mor'du, Elizabeth, Thovan, Alexander, Garrett and Nicolay. Most of us were guarding an approaching caravan when we saw the town under attack. Our employer bid us to help out. I for one would like to learn all I can about our enemies and punish them for their crimes. I'm willing to help. We certainly have a sizable strike force here. Where do we start?"

Last edited:
"It's nice to meet you all. The one behind you is Andarra and this one is Hans." Escobert spoke pointing at both of them. "They arrived at the keep only a little bit ago and I was taking them to Governor Nighthill. That's where we should go first. Then if you think you're up to some interrogation we do have a few captives in our brig." He said and started through the crowd to the door. "But if you don't want to help Greenest, we do have some cellars that you can stay in with all of the other non-combatants. Linen, please go ahead and go down there."

Mor'du nods. "I will gladly offer up my sword arm to those in need of my protection. Indeed, it is a tenant of my Order's teachings to be of help to those in need. Please, lead on, Master Escobert, and we will discuss these events with the Governor."

Andarra offers up a smile. "Yes, please, Escobert, we should all go to meet with the Governor. Shall we go?"

"Lead the way, Master Dwarf." Xinnia was intrigued by the news of captives. She inwardly admitted to herself the her earlier idea to capture kobolds had been quite moot. Now she had a path to knowledge, and she would follow it.

"Very well, let's go." Escobert walked out of the store room took a left into a stone hallway, then out a wooden door into a large courtyard. It was bustling with men and women arming themselves and transporting supplies to the walls. On top of the walls were better armored individuals with long bows and cross bows sparingly firing arrows. While bustling, you can only count about two dozen men wearing proper armor, the other three dozen are wearing worn leather or no armor at all. Shouts rang across the keep about sightings of bandits and villagers.

The keep's walls had six varying sides with two large buildings connected to them. One a three story tower and the other a two story building with the roof almost flush with the wall. The dwarf lead the nine person troup across the courtyard and into the tower. Up a flight of stairs and entered a large room with a long dining table, a few windows above head level, and another door that leads outside onto a terrace. On the terrace, as the doors are open, stands a human man with bandages across and eye and his arm in a sling. "Governor, I've brought some help!" Escobert called out from across the room.

"Hmm... Oh yes..." The man turned slowly from the horror that was happening outside. His steps were slow and he looked terrorized from what has happened to this town. "Good evening, I'm Governor Nighthill and I'll accept any help you're able to provide. Um, but right now I'm not entirely sure of what you lot can do. Escobert, have you heard of any news?" He forced his voice to be calm.

"Before these adventurers came, I've over heard something about a few large groups of bandits around out church. There is most likely villagers there." He replied.

"Yes... The church..." Nighthill took a deep sigh in disbelief, "If you would; please go to our church. It's on the eastern most side of town. Bring everyone you can back, but make sure you resupply yourselves with what you may require. Escobert, provide them each with a healing potion before they leave." He fiddle with his hands, "Do any of you have any questions?"

*You are entering into a short rest, for getting to the keep. Everyone go up by 300 XP. You all should level to 2. On your next posts, list anything you gain from leveling up. You're getting max HP, so for the new ones if your hit die is 1d10. You will increase your max hp and gain 10 HP + Your Constition modifier. If any abilities change/increase your AC please list that as well. List any new spells you gain and any slots you get also.*

Capture.JPG
Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth rested up the full duration of the long rest, before heading off to the brig to meet the prisoners for interrogation. As she stood outside of the building, she waited outside the entrance cautiously, to avoid causing unnecessary alarm. She did not mistrust the plight of these people, but rather, she mistrusted their ability to show restraint. Her mentor Quav always said, "There's nothing more dangerous than a terrified common folk", she said under her breath. Acknowledging her master's words before taking the time to recite a small prayer.

gained 2 first level spells for leveling up, earth tremor and detect magic
gained a spell slot for a total of 3
gained hp, 6+2
chose evocation magic

Attachments

• baconx23_20421801.pdf
    648.9 KB · Views: 2
Mor'du offers up a deep bow to Governor Nighthill. "Good sir, it is a pleasure to be of service. I will gladly offer up my sword arm to defend the weak and smite the wicked, all with the blessings of Bahumut. How many civilians are out there that we may be looking for? I would hate to leave someone behind because I didn't know that they are out there still."

Xinnia nodded in agreement with Mor'du. "The sooner everyone is accounted for, the better. The prisoners can wait for me." Xinnia wouldn't voice it, but a twinge of motherly instinct wanted the Elizabeth safe. She wondered where she had gone.

Xinnia's Level Up Gains:
Hp:20 (An Increase of 10)
Ki Points: 2
Ki Save DC: 13
Monk Abilities:
-Unarmored Movement - Speed: 40
-Flurry of Blows: 2 Bonus Unarmed Attacks for 1 Ki Point
-Patient Defense: Dodge as Bonus Action for 1 Ki Point
-Step of the Wind: Dash or Disengage as Bonus Action and Doubled Jump Distance for 1 Ki Point

Andarra nods. "I concur. Let us find the villagers before they run afoul of any harm. I freely offer up my services as a healer for those that may need it."

"I shall do my best to protect the people as I have mine." Garret pledged with a fist across his chest.

"You have my word. I will do what I can to help...." Alexander spoke.

"I'm already getting paid to help." Nikolay confessed.

"This would be a missed opportunity to have my name recognized." Thovan said cheerily.

"I am pleased for you all to agree. If you come out on the terrace with me." Governor Nighthill softly said, before he turned around and walked outside. He waited for the others to follow and then pointed east. Almost 600 meters away, on top of another hill surrounded by a stone wall was a medium sized plain stone church with a slanted roof and a single tower with stain glass at the front. From this distance, only specs of people were moving around the building. However, the movement was deliberate and organized and not the panicked movement one would believe from villagers under duress. "That's the church over there, we believe some people are in there. This town is around six-hundred villagers and I do not think it is realistic to rescue all of them." Gov. Nighthill sighed in defeat. "We were attacked without warning by the dragon and the bandits came shortly afterwards. If you saw our courtyard we are trying to muster what we can of our guard and militia. Saving as many people as we can is paramount, but for those we cannot. Let's pray to the Gods that they're able to save themselves."

Escobert had left shortly after he was told to provide healing potions and after retrieving a small crate of them he returned. "Adventurers. Please take one each. Let me know when you want to leave from the gate or the tunnel you came in from." The shield dwarf said.

The blue dragonborn was the first to grab a potion and put it onto his belt and grabbed another one. "This one is for Elizabeth. I have a feeling she may have went to the brig to interrogate the prisoners." Thovan said and left the others on the terrace. He went down the stairs and asked one or two bystanders where the brig was and found the young woman outside the door. "This potion is for you, Elizabeth." He said as softly as a dragonborn could sound with a thin vial filled with red liquid in it. "How would you like to interrogate these prisoners?" He asked the young woman.

After Garrett grabbed his potion he went to overlook the town, the river and the church. A stern look plastered his face for those familiar with dragonborn, "Mor'du, do you or any of the others have an opinion on how to get to the church?" He asked broadly and more towards Mor'du, Xinnia, Andarra and Hans. "I'm interested in how you all will approach this situation."

*I will edit/Repost the map of Greenest when I get home. 1 is the tunnel the circle is the church*

Greenest Map 4.jpg

Last edited:
think.JPG
Elizabeth Tsin

She looked at the red vial, pinching the top and twirling it about it in the sunlight. She tilted her head and bathed in the crimson glow,"Thanks mister lizard. It's a healing vial, no"? She paused her careless play and contemplated his question. A moment later she seated the vial promptly on her own belt and paused for but a moment, taking the time to contemplate his question. " We shall try asking nicely, allowing them a moment of mercy. Then in the name of retribution, we shall take from them piece by piece, till there's nothing left but a husk". As she said this, a chilling wind would emanate from her palm. " I just hope they have enough sense to talk sooner, rather than later".

Escobert had left shortly after he was told to provide healing potions and after retrieving a small crate of them he returned. "Adventurers. Please take one each. Let me know when you want to leave from the gate or the tunnel you came in from." The shield dwarf said.
Mor'du takes the potion and slips it into his pouch, saying, "My thanks for this. I am hoping that we won't be needing them, but they are a good thing to have handy." He then ponders his next words carefully. "I am thinking that we should move in as much stealth as possible, at least until such time as we know how many bandits we are dealing with. It would not do for us to get wiped out by them if we were to run into a large group of hostiles. Even my shield is not proof against an untimely death. Are there any other exits from the sewers that we might be able to use? If so, are there any maps of the layout of the passages that we can look at?"

As a hopeful ray of moonlight found its way through the smoke-streaked sky, the potion gleamed in a promising shade of red. Xinnia accepted it with a whispered 'thank-you' while she listened to Mor'du. She agreed that knowing the lay of the land would be helpful. The trees along the stream had been occupied by the enemy when they'd passed that way. If the surviving Kobolds had the capacity to speak, there was little chance that path to the steeple wouldn't be watched in some way. Obviously, taking the main roads would be suicide. So what choice did that leave the would-be strike-force?

"I agree with Mor'du," Said Xinnia, tucking the potion into her pack. "Head-on combat is a fool's errand. If we can't find a hidden way in, can we try disguises?"

Last edited:
Andarra takes the potion with a nod and a "Thank you." She then says, "I am also in favor of a sneaky approach. Just because I can cast healing spells does not mean I have a wish to do so! Let us be as careful as possible, but be ready to apply a hearty amount of wrath against those bandits if a group of them crosses our path."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back