• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Out of the duty to protect the others, Xinnia summoned four dancing lights and forced them into the front of the 4 kobolds, scaring them as seemingly angry lights appear in their faces. They all backed off a few feet from the lights, cowering in fear until the word Xinnia spoke.

Three blue bolts of arcane shot forth hitting and killing the two kobolds near the group of warriors, their eyes turning towards the help most didn't know was there. Maybe if she was versed in draconic facial features, she would understand the confusion and dismay of being called "Lizard Bastards"

"Rim sesu!" The little draconoids screamed and run into the bushes.

Alexander, Garret and Thovan all stare at the two newcomers, sizing them up and wondering why they are in the woods. A few seconds go by before Nikolay yells in dismay when his crossbow snapped the bolt he tried firing at one of the fleeing kobolds. "Fuck, I wanted to kill that vermin." Nikolay turned towards the others, "Who the fuck are you two?" Nikolay asks the silver dragonborn and woman.

(You guys can keep initiative if you want to chase the two other kobolds or you can leave them to run away. The DMPC are deciding not to.)

Last edited:
Great, Xinnia thought. Still no viable prisoners to interrogate and now dissension in our own randomly growing ranks. "Humph! Is that any way to welcome help?" Xinnia sheathed her sword and raised a polite hand in greeting. "Any help is welcome! I'm Xinnia. You here to help Greenest too?"

Mor'du lets out a sigh as he slowly lowers his guard and sheaths his blade. "There should never be any pleasure in killing, even those as evil as these kobolds are." He turns to address Xinnia and offers up a bow. "Well met, Xinnia. I am Mor'du, a warrior in the service of Bahumut. I have been on the road for some time when I came across the small town that had been attacked by the bandits. My oaths to help others are such that I was compelled to try and help."

He stands there, then says, "Who are the rest of you?"

hmmm.JPG
Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth saw the kobolds run and almost felt like continuing, but a fatigue washed over her and made her gasp for air. As the adrenaline passed and the fire in her gut became but a mere spark, she sniffed the air to smell the cooking flesh the kobolds she killed. With a stick she knelt down and poked it a few times, unaware of the slight she accidentally sent toward the draconoids. " hmm Smells like..chicken", she said under her breath. Before she could reach out to taaste the slain beasts, she heard Nikolay berate her, causing the girl to fall flat on her butt. " uh.. um I'm just a traveler".

She looked to the drow, whose ashen skin intrigued her, with immaculate shiny hair that almost left jealous. "I didn't know what was going on, but I thought all monsters were b-bb--bad", she said as the draco named Mor'du, clad in armor approached them. "bigg..er..lizard"? His pragmatic words and cautious tone of voice not registering with the exhausted and naive wizard.

Mor'du lets out a chuckle at the timid words of the human. "I am only a monster to those of evil. To others, I am as friendly as a kitten. May I ask who you are?" He stands still, letting everyone get a measure of him to see that he is not a threat to them.

still watching fma still watching fma

Xinnia suppressed an eye-roll at the paladin's introduction. Religious zealotry rarely impressed her. At-least the paladin would share her desire to uphold justice. Now as for the wizardly 'traveler', Xinnia found her innocent manner endearing, right up to the point she inadvertently called her a 'monster'. At this she stopped suppressing her eye-roll. The young wizard lacked some social graces for sure. Yet her magic was doubtlessly effective. Xinnia decided then to take greater care around her, teach her some things if she could. Human youths had so little time to mature, that Xinnia often wondered how humans ever managed to grow up. Following this line of thought, she found herself glancing at Nicolay as though examining the evidence.

She listened attentively while the others finished their introductions. She hoped that wouldn't take too long. Safety was so near and still so far away.

Last edited:
thinking.JPG
Elizabeth Tsin

The girl took a good long look at the dragonborn, taking in his features and apparent human like traits. "scales, dagger like teeth...but good like a person and nice", she said, " but those other things stood up right and wanted to eat us". She scrunched her eyes for a moment racking her brain for the answer when it dawned on her. " oh are you one of those dragon people? That's so cool. I'm Elizabeth, traveling wizard exile". She said, extending her hand for a handshake.

Sherwood Sherwood

Mor'du takes Elizabeth by the hand and gives her hand a shake, being careful not to squeeze to tightly. "Well met, fair wizard. As I may have mentioned before, I am a knight in the service of Bahumut." He briefly taps the holy symbol hanging around his neck to draw your attention to it. "I am still new to my path, but I strive to emulate the highest ideals of faith and good will to those around me, like those of my Order are taught to do."

"So, what happened here? I apparently came in on the tail end of things."

With pleasantries exchanged, Xinnia spoke up. "Well met Elizabeth. Well met Mor'du. I recommend we all continue on before that dragon comes around again. We were getting this family to the safety of the keep. There may be a way in nearby that isn't exposed."

To Linen and the others she turned. "How much further to that culvert?"

Syvvaris Syvvaris , still watching fma still watching fma , Sherwood Sherwood

Garret tried to hide the displeasure of meeting a dragonborn so openly worshipping a deity. At least it was Bahumut and not some other deity. "I am Garret Jax, I am a cartographer exploring the Sword Coast. We came in aid of this town from a caravan a few miles out." The golden dragonborn introduced himself to the others. "It's nice to meet you both, but there is an adult blue dragon attacking with a war party of bandits. I'm not sure how big, but we have slain about a dozen or so."

"It's a shame that this small village is being attacked by dragons, kobolds and bandits. I'm Alexander Baneslayer, like Garret and the others I'm here with the caravan." The armored dark haired human interjected and leaned on his spear.

Thovan tended to the man of the family.

"Kobolds are vermin, there is no need to mourn for them." Nikolay spit on the ground, "I'm Nikolay, the blue dragonborn over there is Thovan."

"The culvert is just ahead." Garret pointed out before Nikolay could say anything more. "Let's get in before anyone else comes." He points at a barely human sized hole in the hill with an ankle deep stream coming from it.

Zotar Zotar Sherwood Sherwood still watching fma still watching fma Roll perception when entering the culvert. (I'm also doing holiday stuff this weekend so I may or may not post.)

SIMBZJi.png

Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth takes in the party that was already formed before hand after gently letting go of the Mor'du's hand. " ooo shiney. Nice to meet you golden dragon sir and Alexander", she said with a wave of her hand. "So what's the big deal about a blue dr---wait, y--y--y----yyoooooou wa_n't ussss t-ta--ta-to go in th'At dark hole"? Elizabeth paused, before stepping forth to peered at the hole from a distance. She denoted her recognition of the darkness with a gulp and by tugging her at her sleeve. She squinted in its general direction for a time, trying to see what she could pick up. "please tell me we don't have to...".

Last edited:
Mor'du looks up briefly, then says, "If there is a dragon flying about, staying under whatever cover we can is the safest thing we can do. Do not worry, miss Elizabeth. Let me be your shield as we go forth. I will protect you from all harm."

Xinnia smiled warmly. "Take courage Elizabeth. Stick close to Mor'du and the others. Kobolds and bandits are no match for us. Darkness is no match for one with my eyes. Allow me to take point." Xinnia didn't wait for permission. She crept inside the dank tunnel ahead of the group. In spite of herself, she felt quite at home.

Without any argument, Mor'du stands to one side to allow Xinnia to proceed first, planning on sticking close by to Elizabeth to help give the wizard a bit of confidence. He looks to her and says, "I will be at your side the whole way. You need not fear. Are you ready to go?"

stpCvCS.png

Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth felt a twinge of pain with each instance of encouragement, shivering when the drow confidently began to stride into the tunnel. The lizard, following close behind asked her to come too, with an exceptional amount of confidence. " grr killing me with kindness", she said under her breath. With a sigh, she looked up to Mor'du and to Xinnia and asked, " alright, let's go. should I use light"?

Mor'du nods. "Of all the many gifts that I have, being able to see in the dark is not one of them. If you would be so kind, I believe that a Light spell would be in order."

Zotar Zotar You are entering a tunnel with a small stream tricking out of it. The stone walls have moss at the bottom where the water passes and cobwebs above. You and any one else who rolled above a 10 hear the concert of squeaks up ahead. You are 10 feet into the sewer/tunnel/waterway and you spot two large mounds on either side of the wall. The mounds are made of twigs, sticks, grass and moss with dozens of rats scurrying about. You can also see there is a path past the rat nests without disturbing them up further. However, you and only you with your advanced darksight can see bars blocking the path forward about 25 feet in front of you. The nests are 10 and 15 feet in front of you on opposite sides of the tunnel.

While you three head the front, only Thovan joins behind Elizabeth. The family follows in between you four and the three fighters, Garret, Alexander and Nikolay. The three kids are being carried by their parents.

Sherwood Sherwood It's dark, you can barely tell where you are stepping.

still watching fma still watching fma You can barely see Xinnia whose 5-ish feet in front of you with her dark dark features.

What are you guys doing?

If Elizabeth does not cast her Light spell, Mor'du will pause to pull out a torch from his pack and carry it in his shield hand to provide some light to see by.

Xinnia assessed the situation carefully. She didn't feel like dealing with more vermin than necessary, so she placed her steps with care. She whispered instructions backward. "Follow me carefully. The locals may not appreciate our presence." After edging past the rat nests, she leaned against the bars and inspected them. Could they be pried loose? Was there a lock to be picked? Could someone small fit through them and open the way from the other side? Could the fledgling wizard simply convince the bars to let them through? Out from the shadow of the dragon and the fearful smoke, Xinnia's imagination now whirled with possibilities.

"Our way is barred." She whispered. "Wizard. Do you know the magic words for 'May we enter?'"

Mor'du looks ahead with curiosity. "I am fairly strong; perhaps I can open the gate?" He offers up his lit torch to the nearest available hand and walks over to the bars to investigate.

657152825658310666.png
Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth slow followed the lizard who lit a torch before she could light her staff. Prompted by the lizard man's quick thinking, she grabbed his torch and said, " I'm a afraid not master elf, I have no magic detection knowledge. Though the dragon guy is gonna try something first, right"? She said this while fiddling with the fire, looking around the tunnel at the walls, water, and various nests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back