• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nicoli looked a little sheepish. "I did once, when she was little. Olivia wasn't so sure they were good for her to here. She did find my journal though. I saw she had gotten into that. But uh, yes, I'll take the blame for that one. I could have told her stories." He admitted. It would have been a good idea. Though he had never thought she would end up in this life.

"Well there is time for her to learn now. She'll always be behind given her age, but you're never too old to learn." ELias said. It was a little bit of a back handed compliment Rowan decided and she felt a new determination to make sure she would not be behind like he was so sire she would be.

Helena smirked, leaning towards Rowan, "It will also help to get some help from your friends. Always nice when you have a free of those that are well..... Connected with their world."

Rowan smirked and looked to Helena. "That is true. I have a couple of those." She agreed with a grin. She needed to learn, she knew that, and she would. Nicoli smiled a little.

"You'll do well here. If I had realized how much you would thrive in this world I may have brought you sooner. I guess things are mostly working for you." He added. Meaning they would be more if her mother were still alive.

"Well it sounds as though she may have a friend in almost every section." Davina pointed out, glancing to Elias.

"Er, well yes. A warrior, a judge, a healer, a smith, a spy, a Dier, and a science...at least that I've worked with." Rowan confirmed, not sure if she had all of them right. Nicoli hesitated a moment and then looked to his father.

"She also has a rather powerful gift. Or at least it's suspected that she does." He put in quietly, suggesting they could speak more in detail later. Rowan looked to him a little confused.

Last edited:
Helena smirked, "You forgot a Psy. She commented to Rowan." Then nodded, "I heard that from Kyle*, they think she might have his gift. I think it's called Sight." She confirmed before glancing to Rowan. "When you can see, even shadows powerful enough to hide from others. It's a rare gift and even more for this tower to have two at one time."

"Right," Rowan muttered, forgetting Kyle was a Psy. At Helena's explanation though she looked between everyone in confusion. They all understood, she did not. Not fully at least. "So that's what Adam meant..." the words slipped from her, but she remembered something he had said when she first told him she had been able to see Emery.

"Kyle* was born with the gift. I mean of course, you have to be born with it. It's why you could see those imaginary friends of yours. It even I couldn't." Nicoli explained. Rowan blushed some, it had just sounded silly, but she nodded in understanding.

"That would be quite remarkable for a half-blood like her to have that gift. Has she been tested?" Elias asked.

"Not yet. But it would be good." Nicoli responded, remembering the role his daughter was tonplay in their upcoming mission.

Helena nodded, "I think that would be good. I'll speak with Kyle*, since my uncle is visiting with the council, he is in charge. I'll speak to Gal too, so maybe tomorrow we can do the test. The sooner we know for sure the sooner we get a chance to figure out how this happened." She turned to Rowan, "Sight is a shadow based gift. For a half human to have it... Well, it's impossible. Half humans are weaker and they rarely ever stand out in any way. So already you are impressive and then your test is coming up and we will see how that goes." She smiled at Rowan, "No matter what you become, you are going to be loved."

She sounded like a mother. Rowan kept that comment to herself though, figuring it might be in poor taste. But she thought Helena would make a lovely mother. "Thanks." She said instead, smiling a little. Nicoli smirked some.

"She must have just taken on more of the shadow part than the human part." He suggested. Elias smirked.

"Perhaps." He said, though he didn't seem to believe it himself. But more just he didn't understand how she could have any power at all.

Helena chuckled, "Maybe she is more human and just makes the shadow more powerful." She teased, before looking at Rowan, "Whatever it is, you are perfectly fine they way you came, special gift or not." She assured Rowan. "It's who you are, not what you are that matters." She glanced between Nicoli and Elias, "Which warriors in this tower seem to forget sometimes."

Rowan grinned looked over to her father and ELias who wore the same expression. "I like your way of thinking." She said and Davina laughed a little.

"Yes she makes an awfully good point doesn't she." Davina said.

"Hey now, that's three against two." Nicoli said playfully.

Helena grinned, "Awwww, is the big, powerful warriors feeling overwhelmed by a healer, science and half human girl." She teased

Rowan giggled and Davina smiled. Elias looked down at his food to hide his smile. "Yes. Yes we are. You three are far too powerful." Nicoli teased back.

Helena smiled, "I guess you will just have to find a way to survive." She teased before she finished eating, "Well, I am sure you will find a way to survive."

Nicoli grinned. They were all finishing their food. "We will. It's what we're trained to do." He teased. He moved to get to his feet. "Oh...Rowan we have different rooming for you." He said.

"Okay? Do you know where?" She asked. The smile he gave her made her uneasy.

"Right next to Emery." He said. Rowan laughed.

"He's going to hate that." She said.

Helena looked at them and smirked, "Next to? Hate? I don't know much about Emery, other then he is Eric's brother, so I'd like to get some information on this. So that if there is too much of an issue, Rowan can just have my room."

Rowan smirked as she looked to Helena. "It's alright, I don't want you to have to leave your room." She assured her. "I just get on Emery's nerves. In part because he's mad at my dad and I'm pretty sure he doesn't think I should exist. Though there's more to it. Like just my general existence." She said with an amused smirk. "Actually it'll probably be useful to be so close to him." She added, in terms of her mission with Eric. Even if it was Brandon she was supposed to be keeping off his trail. Nicoli chuckled a little at his mother's look of concern.

"She'll be fine. The boy would never hurt her, just ignore her. He's a good kid. Reminds me of Eric at that age a little bit." He assured her. His father seemed unconcerned. Amused a little, but like it had nothing to do with him.

Helena looked concerned, turning to Nicoli, "At this age, Eric was more sensible. It sounds like Emery might do more harm then good, near Rowan." She leaned over, "Or worse, if his family gets involved. This isn't just you mentoring one of them, she's of a lower line and human line, they would have the right to challenge her place here."

Nicoli frowned. "He could...his parents are more likely to if they find out about her." He agreed, thinking on it.

"I don't think Emery would do that." Rowan said slowly. As much as he seemed to dislike her, that had never seemed like a threat. She also hoped that with her mission with Eric, once he was able to be normal again, that would help her.

"His family would have the right but with the next head of the tower as her betrothed it would be foolish. Though her being half human would give them more right, she is still betrothed to Kyle*." Elias said as if it shouldn't be a problem.

Helena looked at Elias and nodded, "Right" she said as if that hadn't come to mind. "I guess it's just because she is a half breed that I'm most concerned with. " She sighed, "But you are right, they would have to go through Kyle* and my uncle." She smiled, "I'm sorry I should get back to work." Then she turned to Rowan, "And I am sure Rowan should speak with Kyle* before she changes rooms."

Rowan looked to her, but then nodded. She hadn't realized it would be such a big deal. She also moved to get to her feet looking to her father and then her grandparents. "I will see all of you tomorrow. Dad I will come by to grab my things. Have a goodnight." She said as she stepped away from the table. "Helena I'll walk with you." She added. She wanted to talk to her before meetingbeith Kyle*.

Helena smirked, nodding, "I'm happy to see you both. Maybe we can do this again tomorrow." She looked at Nicoli, "It should be ready tomorrow, if you wanted to come by and see." She said, not wanting to say what, since time spells would alarm his parents. She turned to Rowen, "Sure, we can walk together, we probably are going the same way, as it is."

Nicoli smiled and nodded. "I'll stop by. Make sure you get food at some point if nothing else." He teased. Elias and Davina said their good byes as well and soon Rowan was walking with Helena out of the dining hall. She waited until they were a little further away before speaking.

"Do you really think Emery's family will try to challenge my right to be here?" She asked.

Helena smirked at her, "It all depends. Honestly, that family is very old fashion. They are very strict, to the point that their kind is why families can not know who is on the team or about on going missions or any missions really. Original lines have a power over this world, since their bloodlines began it. So, few families only want their children around original lines." She placed her hand on Rowan's shoulder, "It's not your fault, it's just a matter of ideas. I don't know Emery, so I don't know if he would tell his parents."

Rowan sighed. "Honestly I don't think he would. If only because he wouldn't want his parents to know he's dealt with me at all." She said. She looked to Helena. "My grandfather believes strongly in the betrothal doesn't he?" She half said and half asked. Any respect she'd earned from him would be lost if he found out about her situation. Then another question came to mind. "How do they test for...is it Sight that they call it?" She asked.

Helena nodded, "Elias believes in it and more then that, he trusts it. It helps in ways that some don't understand, but at the same time it's an issue." She confirmed before smirking, "The rest for Sight is in three parts."

Rowan tried not to groan. She really did want her grandfather's approval. But she had very little going for her if he found out anything. She did let out a sigh though. "Well I suppose that would be good to have done. Kyle* I assume would be the one to ask about it when I talk to him?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back