• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Helena smirked, "Kyle* too the test at four. Normally, you take them very young, it's believed that the power is at its most honest age young. Sight is a big deal and the rest becomes hard to trust when the person develops an ability to lie."

Rowan nodded in understanding. "That makes sense." She grinned a little. "I'd think you guys have something for making sure people tell the truth...though in this case I'm sure there haven't been many situations where someone older needs to take the test." She said.

Helena smirked, "Actually it has never happened. Children develop signs as babies. There is a glow, it kind of pops in and out. Then there are of course, imaginary friends, which as you can imagine the children here never have." She smiled a little more, "There are ways we can try. I'm sure the test will work just as well with you."

Rowan smirked a little. "You know, when I spoke to Adam, it seems my 'imaginary' friends were from this tower." She said with an amused grin. "I hope this test works for me. I'd love to know if I really do have this...gift. Just a shame there isn't a test to tell us why a half human could have it." She added with a smirk. It wouldn't be much further before they had to go seperated ways.

Helena smirked, "It doesn't matter really how, it only matters that it does." She assured her, "Trust me Rowan, who you are matters more then what you are." She paused, "Elias will find out and be disappointed, just like he was with Nicoli. But everything else you will do and have done and will figure out, will matter. Don't worry about how you became what you are, just work about who you are and what you want to be."

Rowan paused and looked to Helena. "My mom said something similar to me when I was younger. When I should have outgrown imaginary friends and she started to worry about me," she gave a small laugh. "You reminded me of her earlier when you said it too. Thank you." She said. She was glad Helena had come back. Not just because she'd brought back Nicoli but because she had been a comfort to Rowan.

Helena looked at her and smirked, "Hopefully, I'll get her back for you, so you won't have to compare anyone to her. You'll have her with you." She promised and then sighed, "I doing get to work, I'm hoping that one more thing and I'll have the dork just right."

Rowan smiled some and nodded. "Helena? I want my mom back, but you're important too okay?" She said as she started to back away. "I'll see you later." She added as she turned and went to go find Kyle* checki gvat his office first.

Helena smirked, Rowan reminded her of her father and honestly it was cute.

Kyle* was in his office working on some details, when he heard Rowan, he was already standing up, about to leave the office.

Rowan knocked on the door and then opened it slightly to peek in and see if Kyle* was there. She couldn't help smiling a little. "Hey, are you busy?" She asked. She did feel bad for constantly asking him for things when she knew how busy he was.

Kyle* paused, "Ahhh, a bit but..." He smirked at her as he walked towards her, "Walk with me and we can talk. I'll do my best to help." He assured her.

Rowan Smiled in thanks. "Well two things. The first was that I guess your father and mine agreed I would be staying in an empty room next to Emery. Helena suggested I talk to you about it since if his family finds out, it could be an issue. The second was that I wanted to ask to take the test to determine if I am a Sight. Preferably as soon as possible." She tried to speak quickly. Hoping to take up as little time as possible.

Kyle* paused at the last part and looked at her, "The Sight test?" He asked before he looked at her, nodding, "With Emery I am sure I can handle that. As for the test... Why would you think you have Sight?"

"Thank you. And, well, I guess my dad, your dad, and Helena all seem to think it is possible. And the best way to know is to test it right?"

Kyle* looked at her and nodded, "Okay." Then he smirked, "It would be interesting if that was the case. It's not exactly for sure, but Historys think that the Sight come from a branch of Shadows that were killed off. It would mean, your blood and mine come from the same group of Shadows."

Rowan couldn't help but to smile. "That could be quite interesting. And something for history." She said with another grin. "How was it said theybwere killed off?" She asked.

"Well, the Shadows that had the Sight, were thought to humans has.... I think it is Angel, or something like that. They were a special tribe Shadows from the beginning. Story started that they were hunted after a God thing by humans and Shadows, the Shadows hunted them to prove a point and the humans because they feared the connection to God... Which I never understood what that was." He commented and paused, "In theory, they were killed off this way, but a few of their children survived, not using their gift and dulling it to the point that it no longer existed in all generations."

"But then it periodically it must show up in generations. Like for you and maybe me. But then I couldn't possibly have it could I? Being from a lower family?" She asked, genuinely curious. She still didn't fully understand that, though she bought she did enough.

Kyle* bite his lip, "Actually, it's kind of mostly lower lines that have those with the gift. My mother was a lower line. Being human on the other hand, makes it less likely for the Sight to exist. If it did, being human should have permanently destroyed it." He sighed, "The Sight has a blood trait that is mixed with human blood can't survive. That's why."

"Oh....is it possible my mother wasn't fully human? I don't know, that sounds silly. I guess we'll know for sure if I take the test." She said. She made a mental note to check in the library and archives to see what she could learn about Sights

Last edited:
Kyle raised an eyebrow, "Honestly, no, I don't think it is possible to believe a human is part shadow. There is no record of a Shadow going to the human world, like your father. Actually, he wasn't allowed to go to the human world, as much as he did. If it wasn't for Helena, he would have been locked out of the Shadow portal, going outside of this world after a mission to the human world." He looked at Rowan, stopping as he looked at Rowan, "Rowan? I know Nicoli knows that Helena is the one that helped him go to love with your mother in the human world. But I don't think he understands the length she went to, to allow your parents to be together. I know he is grateful for what he knows. But I don't think you should tell him about anything you learn about what happened between his trips to the human world or what happened to Helena afterwards. I don't know everything, but I know she went to see him, an emergency mission she put into play." He bite his lip, "There is something I never really understood, but I have a suspection."

Rowan stopped walking with him and looked to him in surprise. "Really? Shouldn't he know? Eventually I mean? I guess that's Helena's choice so I won't say anything to him but....we'll can I ask what the consequences could have been like?" She asked him. She made another mental note to look up their laws. She would need to be very careful.

Kyle* smirked, "Nicoli would have been pulled off missions and played on training duty until my father decided on another punishment. It's believed that being in the human world is too dangerous, but also that the humans have to come to accept is before we can really be there more then just the missions." He sighed, "I think it would hurt him to find out exactly what was given up and done just for him to be happy."

"Maybe," Rowan agreed quietly. She still felt he should know, but she would say nothing to him. He had been happy with her mother, she knew that. She didn't want those memories to be tainted. She sighed and offered him a smile. "Oh...not right now, maybe not for a while. But Helena was telling me some of the stuff that could happen if we...well if we don't decide to be betrothed and I thought eventually we should really talk about that." She said, a light blush coming to her cheeks.

Kyle* looked at her surprised and them smirked,"Well, I guess that is a big conversation. Unless your father marries into my family, this time." he teased, as he started to walk, "Honestly, which ever you would like, I will agree. But in that case, she told you about the Ritual. If you decided you want to do that, I will help you with it." he stated, glancing to her, "I know you were not born here and I will not force it on you. I will let you go, if that is what you want."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back