• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Matreania

Expect the unexpected, it expects you
Emery nodded as he was given the order, he had heard about the man a few times as he trained, but this was different. He would have to find the man, in the human dimension that was nothing like them. He had only been to the human world when he needed to save it. There was nothing to him, that would make him want to stay, but the man he was going to find, did have something. He fall in love with a human that never meet him, deciding that the peace they had was a good time to leave the family and home that he had known.

Emery would never understand that. But he had a job to do, the war was just starting to take off, the battlefield was mostly in the human world, that was where he was going. He had to track him down and bring him back. They needed as many warriors as they could get. Emery was known as the best in his generation, but so has this man that was his mission. He was going to find him, tracking him down might not be easy, but they had some ideas as to where to find him, that was something.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm going out!" Rowan called over her shoulder as she moved to leave the house. She planned on meeting some of her friends and then going out. She wore just a simple burgundy blouse and black capris, accented with four necklaces all hanging at different lengths and. She grabbed her small bag and then moved to leave. Being stopped by her father. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks. Normally he didn't care when she spontaneously left for the day. She was restless and he knew it was good for her. But what she didn't know was that as of late he'd seemed to be a little more anxious than usual. If she or her mother did notice he'd just say it was because of work. But that wasn't true.

"Out." She says simply. "I just said that." She adds. She sighed some. "I'm going to the mall or somewhere but I'm meeting up with Coleene and I'm about to be late." She says. There was a standoff for a brief moment before finally her father moved out of the way with a sigh. She smiled and then quickly left the house.

Once on the sidewalk she nearly smacked right into Emery on account of her not really watching where she was going. "Sorry!" She called puts she kept moving. Turning back a little to see him going the direction she had just come from. She wondered who he was. She'd never seen him before and she knew just about everyone in the neighborhood.

Emery glanced at the girl he bumped into, or rather bumped into him. He stepped for just a moment, before continuing on. He hadn't drank the potion yet, he wasn't sure how she could see him,but it was clear that she could. He sighed, he had more important things then to deal with some girl. He reached the door he tracked him to, knocking to give him the chance. He had to bring him back and that meant that he needed to tell him everything. But he wouldn't be surprised if he already knew what was happening. It would be silly to think that he wouldn't, even in hiding he had to feel it.

Rowan's father, Nicoli, answered the door and immediately frowned. He didn't know who he was. Just what he was. "You're lucky my daughter is not here right now. What do you want?"

Emery pushed his way through,"You know why I am here." He said looking around before he sighed, "Where is somewhere private we can talk? I don't want to drink this." He commented about the potion in his pocket that would make him visible to humans as Nicoli was. How he could be that, act human, Emery didn't understand.but he didn't know about his daughter and wife. He did his research and he knew everything he needed to before he walked up those stairs.

Nicoli sighed and then moved to shut the door. "Liv? I'm going to be in my study doing some work!" He called out to his wife who was out in the garden.

"Very well! Dinner is at 7." She reminds him. Knowing that when he went to his study he wished to be left undistirbed. Nicoli sighed and then led Emery to the study. He shut and locked the door and then looked to the other man. He crossed his arms. He was still built like a soldier and he still remembered every bit of his training. The man before him was nothing but a child to him and he was not intimidated. Just annoyed. "Get on with it son." He says.

Emery looked at him, after they were in the study, "You need to come home. That is obvious, for your family and for your home. There is no way that you can't feel t, the war is starting and we need everyone. Things have gotten worse since you have been gone. there is a new leader for the rebels and he doesn't want to enslave humanity, like Carlile did, he wanted to exterminate them."

Nicoli frowned. "Look kid, I am sorry about all of that. But that's no longer my home or my life. This is. I have a family, I can't just leave them to come back and fight a war that no longer affects me." He says, his tone genuinely apologetic. He would not abandon his family though, this was his life and this was where he needed to be.

Emery shook his head, in frustration, "They aren't your family, do they even know what you are? I found you, what makes you think the rebels won't? What makes you think they'll be safe after they do?" he let his frustration show, "You don't know what is going on. They aren't just summoning creature and demons to fight. They have a new form of evil in their hands, we can hardly handle. there is no way you can protect your family by staying out of this war."

Nicoli paused, studying Wmery for a moment and the sighing. "My family is safe. I have made sue of that for this very reason. I am sorry but this isn't my fight anymore." He says. He held up his hand to stop Emery from saying anything else. "What would I tell my wife and daughter if I were to suddenly leave?" He sighed again. "If you really won't leave it be then give me a day or so to think it over. But be warned, it's not likely my answer will change."

Emery sighed, "I can give you a day. The rebels are moving quickly, soon they will hunt humans and we will not be able to stop them. We need you and alone here with your family is not going to be safe for either of you." he sighed, deeper as he looked around, "I hope you know what you are getting your family into Your fight or not, you are going to be pulled back in, one way or another.:

That was what he was afraid of. "I know. Thank you, for giving me the day. Now if you'll excuse me, it may be best if you go now." He says.

Emery sighed with a nod, he knew that he should stay close, even if he gave him a day, he had no idea how long it would be before they came after Nicoli or his family. He left the study and passed Nicoli's wife, glancing at her before he was out the door, closing it behind him.

Nicoli sighed and ran his hand over his face. Then he left the room and went to find his beautiful wife. For just a little over 25 years now he's managed to be in the human world without problem. He knew he owned his own people. He knew he should help. But he couldn't just up and leave his family.

Emery knew he had to stay close so he stayed at the human home across the street. It was leveled to Nicoli's home. So he could keep an eye out. He aighed, these humans had no idea what was going on. They didn't even seem to notice when food was gone. It didn't matter, he moved the couch a few inches over, they didn't notice. He laid on the couch and watched, bored in minutes, but he was trained to watch for hours and that was what he would do.

A good three or four hours later, Rowan was returning home from her day out. She always had fun being with her friend but she was also ready to just be home for a while. "I'm back!" She called out as she opened the front door. She could hear her mother outside and since she didn't see her father anywhere she assumed he was in his study. That left plenty of time for her to go to her room and do as she pleases for a bit.

Emery sighed as he watched, this was boring and he was starting to wonder if Nicoli actually just didn't want to fight. Who would want to be in a family that was so....isolated? He had seen Nicoli with his wife and then they went somewhere separately and now his daughter was home. He looked at his daughter again and smirked, that was the girl he had passed earlier. He didn't really know why she felt strange but he did now. She was a half-breed and it was strange to him to even feel one. But it amused him now, he played with how her DNA was, in his mind, thinking of what she might be able to do and what she was completely human on.

A few more hours passed and Rowan stayed in her room. But her mother and father were now down stairs together, spending time with one another. It always amazed her how in love they always seemed to be. Sometimes it was weird to her that they had an almost teenager-ish relationship. They always just seemed so lovey. It wasn't like any of her friends parents who obviously loved eachother too. But it also made her hopeful that she'd have that with whoever her husband was one day. She smirked and then went to her window, a satchel slung over her shoulder as she climbed out her window and onto the roof. Up there she began to draw. It was getting late and she was sure it was close to dinner time. But she didn't care. This was her favorite time of night to be up here. But tonight was also different. Something just felt different and she wasn't sure she cared for it.

Emery watched the daughter because the parents were just annoying him now. He liked it better when they were apart, but he didn't really have anything to do with that. Instead, he watched the daughter, lost in her own little world.That quickly got boring, but what else could he do. It wasn't until near midnight when he felt it. Something caught his eyes as he looked around looking down he jumped up, Amelia was like him, she looked around before she tried the door. then kicked it in, letting her demons in first. Emery jumped to his feet and started out the door, he had to get there first, before the demon could really do some damage.

The feeling only got worse and Rowan found herself getting to her feet. Something was wrong. Then she heard a scream. Her mother's scream to be exact. Panic filled her and she scrambled back into the house through the window. "Mom!"'she called out. She heard noises coming from the living room. Horrible, awful noises. "Dad!" She screamed. She then skidded to a stop as she reached the living room. She opened her mouth to scream, but the scream was stuck in her throat. There was blood everywhere. But no bodies. So where were her parents.

Emery was in the door at the same time that Rowan was in the living room, he looked around before he saw her. "Come here and stay near me," he commanded, but he didn't have time to make sure that she listened. He pulled out his short blades and started to follow the blood. the demon wasn't far with the mother at his death. His red eyes looking back at Emery before glancing around. He attacked quickly and his claws met Emery's blades in the first strike.

"Mom!" Rowan screamed out as she followed Emery. She knew maybe she should question him, but she didn't. She scooted passed him and the demon and rushed to her dead mother. Then she looked around, looking for her father. Where was he?

All of a sudden her fate he was coming from behind them, coming up to Emery's side. "Keep my daughter safe." He commands Emery.

Emery glanced at him before he nodded, turning to the daughter before he moved towards her and grabbed her arm. "Come on." he said, as he pulled her to leave. He placed one blade back on its sheath and dragged her along.

"No!" Rowan screamed, trying to fight him to get back to her parents. But he was stronger than her. As he managed to get her out the door she saw the Demon kill her father. She screamed out again and struggled harder. Almost slipping from his grip but he was quicker and stronger than she was.

Emery groaned as he pulled her and before she could get loose he wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her up, carrying her off. He slipped through the stairs with her and out the door as he could hear the demon chasing and feel the power of Amelia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back