• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Helena grinned, "A few things, which I am happy to say, your son has not gotten a chance to break." She teased, "But a few that do need to be tested."

"He always was a good test subject." Davina said with a knowing grin. Nicoli had a habit of jumping into things head first without thinking of the consequences. At least when it came to himself. Elias only smirked. "I'm sure you'll find him a willing tester again if need be." She addded playfully as Nicoli returned, managing to balance two full trays of food. He set them down in the center of the table and easily dished everything out.

"Who's the willing tester?" He asked with a grin as he sat between Helena and Rowan.

"You apparently." Rowan answered with a cheeky grin as she reached for a piece of fruit on her plate.

Helena smirked, "I just was telling your father I had a few things that need testing and your mother volunteered you." She turned to Rowen, "I used to let your father test every prototype I made, which usually worked out, except for when he broke them because instead of using them for what they were designed. He used them how he figured he could." She chuckled, "I had a raining rod to help, since he was going into the dry lands on a mission and he stuck it between two rocks to hold them apart." Then she glared playfully at Nicoli, "There only good thing was, he always brought them back to me."

Nicoli laughed some. "Hey now, I was excited to use that raining rod. But the rocks were sort of collapsing in quicker than I wanted them to." He said with a smirk, winking playfully at Rowan. She giggled a little and reached for another piece of fruit as she listened to them. "And of course I'd bring them back to you. I always hoped you wouldn't have to start from scratch if I did." He added. His mother aborted a little and his father smiled.

"If you didn't break things in the first place or get yourself in those situations then you wouldn't be bringing things back broken." His mother pointed out.

"Ah perhaps Davina, but those methods do get his teams back alive." Elias pointed out and Nicoli pointed a fork at him.

"He gets it." He said in triumph, as though his father's opinion was all that mattered in this moment. His mother rolled her eyes and looked to Helena and Rowan as if they understood her point better.

Helena smirked, "Maybe, but if he used the rod properly, he could use the rain as cover. There are other ways to get things done, but you two just want to do things the hard way." She pointed out.

"It's far more fun that way." Nicoli stated and his father smirked.

"Fun may not be the right word...but it does make things exciting." Elias agreed. Davina shook her head a little and looked to Rowan.

"Don't tell me you're hoping to be a warrior too." She said. Her tone was light though, telling Rowan that she wouldn't be surprised if t was what Rowan was hoping for.

"I...well yes. But I had asked Anthony to teach me healing as well if he was willing. Which he was, but I would like to learn from each of you as well." She answered. Resisting the urge to look around and see if the answer was right. She knew there wasn't a right answer to the question. "It will depend on the selection test too though. And I only know a few of the positions."

Helena smiled at Rowan, "Well, the selection test tells you what you are good and benefit from. That doesn't mean you can't learn a little from any other speciality." She paused, "I would be glad to teach you science, it's honestly very helpful." She motioned to Nicoli, "Your father never could get the hang of it, but that might have to do with him being bad at paying attention slowly." She teased.

Rowan laughed a little. "I'm a little better at paying attention I think. At least I like detail." She said, thinking about her art which she hadn't worked on in a while. "I'd love to learn all I can. I think no matter what I specialize in, knowing a little of everything would be useful on a mission." She said. Elias smiled a little and glanced to Nicoli.

"Seems she has some sense." He teased Nicoli.

"I had a good team who covered those basics for me." Nicoli pointed out. "Never underestimate the value of having a team like that." He added. Rowan nodded.

"I can believe it. There would have been problems with my first mission if I didn't have everyone there that I did." She said.

"Helena was telling us you've been on a mission. How did that one go?" He knew he shouldn't ask for details.

"Everyone made it back alive, and we brought two rebels back with us for questioning." She said. She knew she had to be careful with Eric's position.

Helena smiled, "My uncle expressed the importance of the missions she has been a part of." She glanced to Nicoli, "She send to take after her father, when it comes to her team." Then she smiled with some pride at Rowan, "But she also seems to have her mother's head on her shoulders. I imagine. I think whatever she becomes will be very special."

Nicoli smiled some too. He had enjoyed hearing about her accomplishments so far. Elias and Davina both looked to Helena, Davina smiling some and Elias seeming far more interested.
"Is that so? That is quite impressive. How many missions has she been on?" He asked. It was both a relief and a little annoying to Rowan that he directed the question to Helena and not herself.

Last edited:
Helena looked at Elias and smiled, "Three. One was a human mission," which they called missions in the human world, "Another was a high secret mission," which was a mission that couldn't be talked about, "And to my knowledge she is on a double mission, now." Which was a mission that fall in another mission and was being completed together. Helena shrugged, "I don't know much else on that, only that the high secret mission she lead and the other two, she was with an original like and the Smith I mentioned, and this last one is on going, so I just know she is in the mission." She said, giving Elias no choice but to leave the details alone. "Although, I was more impressed with who she has befriended. You recall Caleb, the Spy genius. My uncle has gotten a report from the council that he listed Rowan as his guard." She started, knowing that Rowan wouldn't understand that it meant next of kin and opener off everything he had, if he was killed. "I thought that was most impressive."

A fork dropped and Davina looked at them in surprise. Elias finally turned his gaze to Rowan with a new respect, or rather actually showing the respect he was already starting to feel for the half-human child. "Caleb did that?" Elias asked. Even Nicoli was surprised. He'd known Caleb had taken an interest in Rowan but nothing more.

"Were talking about the same Caleb right?" Davina asked, not expecting an answer, she knew they were.

"W-what does that mean?" Rowan asked, looking between the shocked faces of her family and then back to Helena. She didn't understand, she still didn't fully understand Caleb other than he was a good Spy and kept to himself.

Helena smirked, turning to Rowan, "A guard for a Spy is like a next of kin. If anything happens to him, you will know. If he dies, you get everything that was his." She took Rowan's hand, "It is a great honor to have that kind of trust from sometime that trusts no one."

Rowan's mouth dropped open. She had no idea. "I...oh..." she said, and she couldn't help but to smile some. She was very honored, and couldn't help Hoping Caleb would be safe. Though she had always thought that anyway, she had liked Caleb when they worked together. Though she was surprised she had made any kind of impression on him. Nicoli chuckled a little.

"See, she's settling right in. She's already decided that this will be her permanent home if possible." Nicoli said. For the first time Elias gave Rowan a small smile.

"Good. You sound like what this tower needs. And I am sure your betrothed is proud too." He said. There was a momentary silence where Rowan wasn't sure she should say anything. It made sense Elias would assume she would pick up where her father left off.

"I'm sure he is proud." Nicoli put in easily, the subject stopping at least for now though the hesitation had not gone unnoticed. He was sure Kyle* would be proud, his parents didn't need to know that officially Rowan was not yet betrothed to anyone.

Last edited:
Helena smirked, "I'm not sure he knows yet, Kyle* and Rowan spent some time thing morning together, but he had been busy. He's still learning and my uncle likes to make sure Kyle* stays focused." She commented, to cover Nicoli's hesitant. She glanced to Rowan, so she knew not to say much, then smiled, "Actually, speaking on that, rumor is, Elias, that my uncle had been speaking to you on a idea for a mission to set up some additional security for the residential lands."

Davina looked between Helena and Rowan but said nothing. Elias nodded in understanding and then smiled some. "He has. It's still in the early stages, mostly talk, but we're looking to get something set up soon to make sure the residential lands stay safe for those living there." He said. "In fact we may be requestion the expertise of a Science for some new security measures."

Last edited:
Helena smirked, "That sounds really good. I know he is concerned with those areas since the way has gotten worse." She glanced to Nicoli, "It's good that we can add another warrior back into the tower." She commented, "Especially since this tower is known for always being in a fight or another."

Elias smirked. "Yes, it will be quite good to have another fighter. Perhaps two if it is fitting." He said, casting a glance to Rowan and then back to Helena. "Perhaps once we have a better plan in motion you could help me work out some plans for security using your skills as a Science." He said.

Helena smirked, "I'll be happy to help you in my own way. Just keep me out of the fighting." She chuckled, "I'm a science and a Dier, but a Science first and mostly." She reminded him.

Elias chuckled some. "Yes, you and my son have both done well to remind me." He said with an amused grin. "I promise, only as a Science will I request your services." He said.

Helena nodded as she went back to eating, "Good." She said as she glanced at Rowan, "Rowan? I've been curious about something. I know you haven't been trained, but have you worked on your studies, for the selection test?"

Rowan gave her a sheepish smile. "Er...well no. No not really. It's more just been experiences. There's been a lot going on since I got here. I actually don't know of much else other than there are Master's who help with training." She said.

Helena smirked, "Then maybe your father should show you to the library and you can find a Master or Wise that can help you out. You will need to know about this world more then just how to survive it."

"I would like that. I hadn't really thought about that part of the test." Rowan admitted.

"Sounds like someone else we know." Davina put in, casting a pointed glance to Nicoli. He pretended not to see and kept eating. Rowan giggled a little.

"At least I come by it honestly." She teased, repeating what she'd said to Helena earlier.

Helena chuckled, "To be fair, Nicoli learned the basics from being born in this world. But" she glanced at Nicoli, "then again, she doesn't even know the basics because someone decided not to at least tell a good story." She teased him, "All those missions and not one shadow story."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back