• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rowan frowned and looked between them. “W-why? Isn’t it an option? Isn’t it what you both want?” She asked, genuinely confused and caught off guard by the answer.

Helena smirked, nodding, "Yes, it's what I want. But it's also not possible. When I get it right, if you works how your father, here, wants, it will be unfair bringing your mother back to world were her husband is not hers and her daughter is no long hers. Because that is what happens, in this world, humans have no place, that is why you are registered as having no mother and nicoli, no wife. Because here, traditional still holds." She sighed, with a smirk, as she took Nicoli's hand, and turned to Rowan again, "I love your father very much, and at some point I might have do it, but I can't put either of you in that position and I won't stop trying to bring her back."

Rowan shook her head. "You should stop. Tying to bring her back is only hurting you and believe me I want my mom back. I miss her horribly, but she is dead. Let her rest in peace. It's amazing enough that you were able to return my father to me, but my mom," Her voice cracked a little and she had to take a deep breath. "My mom is gone and nothing should be able to change that, there is a reason that spell is illegal. And even if you bring her back, I'm not going back to the human world, but she will have to." She said quietly. "Just...just let her be." She whispered. Nicoli frowned and was surprised, but said nothing. He was worried about Helena's health too, and as much as he missed his wife, a part of him agreed with Rowan.

Helena sighed, before she let Nicoli's hand go, she got up and went to Rowan hugging her close, holding her in her arms, "I'm sorry Rowan." she said, pausing for a moment, "I can't let her go. Not when I know there is a chance that she was found, because of me. Not knowing how much you miss her and not knowing that it would make you happier that way." she said, "But she wouldn't be able to return to the human world when she came back, everyone thinks the three of you are already died. And when I do bring her back she is going to need you to understand this world a bit better."

Rowan hugged her back, unable to help herself, burying her face against Helena's shoulder. "She is dead, you cannot bring her back and I wish the two of you would stop trying." She said, a few tears escaping from her eyes. "Of course I miss her but she should be allowed to rest in peace." She whispered.

Helena sighed, "You shouldn't have to miss her and she should be dead." she told Rowan, "I know it is hard to understand now, but one day you will." she assured her. Helena smirked slightly, "I promise that I will stop, before it kills me, but it hasn't killed me yet and I still think this will work."

Rowan shook her head and took a step back. "One last time Helena, no more after that. I don't want you to die too." She whispered. Nicoli cleared his throat a little.

"On that note of dying. Rowan you and I will be working on Shadow Transfer." He started. He looked to Helena, remembering they had agreed to go over everything together. "Your Dier side is fading because of the transfer you did for Rowan when she was a baby. Anthony is going to send word to get the supplies he needs to fix it so you don't lose that side of yourself. But for it to work, Rowan has to do Shadow Transfer with you." He said. Rowan frowned, looking between them.

Helena looked at Nicoli, listening before she frowned, "But she can't, she's not strong enough." she told him, but didn't let Rowan go. Helena took a deep breath, "She is still too new to this world, Nicoli, you can't train her on Shadow Transfer, she hasn't even manager to complete her first spell. She doesn't understand how much power and energy it takes yet."

"Then I'll learn." Rowan said. "You risked this happening by giving my mother and I enough strength to live. I will do whatever it takes to learn this to help you." Rowan said determinedly. Nicoli smirked a little.

"Anothony said it shouldn't hurt her, just make her feel tired and weak for a little bit, but nothing that rest wouldn't do to help." He said.

"See, I'd be perfectly fine, that's nothing." She said.

Helena looked between them, "When I'm done." she said, "When I am done with my spell, we can, but not before.' she stated, as she pulled away from Rowan, "When I'm done with perfecting the spell, we can try the Shadow Transfer"

Rowan shook her head, crossing her arms defiantly. "No. If Anthony says he can get the supplies soon, then I will have it learned by the time he's made the cure and then we will do it." She said, her tone suggesting she would not take no as an answer. Nicoli didn't say anything, watching the two women in faint amusement. He was very curious on how this would turn out, Helena and Rowan were very similar in many ways.

Helena sighed, "It's not possible, Rowan." she said to her, "You can't do the Transfer, it would take you off the board before we know if you are needed. You still have so much to learn, you have your own training and missions and there is just already too much on our plate, you can't handle much more."

Rowan narrowed her eyes a little. "I can try, I'm stronger than I look. And if it's the only thing I do isn't it worth it? You saved my life and now I can do something in return for you." She said. "I will learn. My father can teach me, or you can because you've completed it successfully." She added.

Helena sighed, "I only completed if because I had to. Diers aren't supposed to use spells like that anymore, not while we are Diers which is a life part of us. You can't overextend yourself, you will make a mistake and then it won't be something as simple as you being weak or tired, you would lose your Shadow part completely. Or worse."

"Worse than you losing your Dier side? I grew up human, I grew up never knowing my shadow side. I don't know how to go back to that, but I would learn. But you? You're Dier is a part of you that is not so simple to lose." She said.

Helena sighed, "But worth losing, if it means you don't have to go back." she assured Rowan, "Rowan, the best we could hope is you lose your shadow side with that mistake. But if you give too much you could lose your life and there is no telling if you will be able to manage to give me enough. A Dier takes a lot of power that you don't have yet and you can't chance it."

Rowan frowned deeply. "I am still going to try. I am still going to learn all that I can. I have plenty of people I could ask to help teach me. But it won't be long. I do not want you to lose that part of yourself. You...you don't deserve that." She said quietly. She was frustrated, nothing was working how she thought it would and she hated that she wasn't powerful enough to be of use.

Helena sighed, as she placed her hands on Rowan's shoulders, "Just take a breath and do things one at a time, Rowan. It's not good for you to take so many responsibilities when you are still so young and just starting in this tower." she assured Rowan, giving her a half smirk, "I did this to myself and I will not be responsible for hurting you. Please, Rowan, listen to what I am saying. Being a Dier is like breathing, but what is the point in breathing, when you take someone else's last breath."

Rowan shook her head a little. "You won't, I..I can do this." She said, her voice cracking again. "I have to learn fast or I won't survive here long. I have to catch up. But this, this is important." She whispered.

Helena smiled at Rowan, "This is not as important as your life. You have so many more important things on your plate, focus on that. You have to finish your Sight test, you have a mission within a mission, you have your placement test, you have so much going on, you need to focus on, you have to put first, don't add to your list, because of something that I can survive without."

Without thinking, Rowan moved forward and hugged Helena again. "I don't want you hurt." She said, the words coming out before she could stop them. Though they were true. She didn't like how much Helena was suffering for her or her father.

Helena smiled even more, holding Rowan in her arms, "And I want you safe. As long as you are, there is nothing that that will hurt me." she assured her, "Just promise you will wait until you finished at least one of what you already have on your plate."

Rowan didn't answer at first, she just enjoyed the hug, the feeling of being hugged by a mother. "I promise. But once I finish one of them, I am taking this on too." She said. Her placement test was coming up soon, she could have that out of the way and keep working on her sight tests, then she could help Helena.

Helena sighed, "Good. You should get some rest. I want to see you before I leave." she told Rowan, "Unless you plan to sleep here, then we are going to need to get a bigger room." she teased, but she didn't mind of Rowan did.

Rowan giggled a little, but shook her head. "I would like to but I have someone else to talk to before I can go to bed yet." She said, needing to talk to Eric about the next day. "I will be here." She promised as she took a step back. "Goodnight Helena." She said as she moved to the door. "Night dad." She added as she left.

Nicoli chuckled a little once Rowan was out of the room. "I was wondering who was going to win that." He said. He moved to Helena, gently wrapping his arms around her. "You're really good with her you know." He added, kissing her cheek. "You know Anthony asked me if I would complete the betrothal with you." He said.

When Rowan returned to her Father's room, she knocked softly and then entered. She was ready to sleep, but she needed to let Eric know what was happening before the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back