• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Turning Up the Heat

He nodded at the mention of chicken nuggets and reached over to be picked up by her holding onto her tightly and burying his face into her shoulder. “Mommy... did daddy want to go away?” He asked her frowning.

Carmen shook her head. “I got a voicemail on my cell but I haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet.” She mumbled and parked the car getting out with him and getting a mobile scooter over to him and helping him sit down. “What damage did they say has been done to your lungs?” She asked hearing him struggling after walking the twenty steps.

Max picked him up and carried him to the kitchen shaking her head at his question "No baby no, Daddy loved you and me soooo much. He didn't want to leave but he had to." She whispered

JD frowned some and took a few deep breaths "I'm not sure....they told me but....I was out of it. I think it was repairable damage atleast."

Carmen nodded and kissed his cheek while they started walking smiling some as she looked at him. “You realise now that you’re sat on that you’re finally my height.” She giggled and walked with him.

Jax frowned and shook his head. “How come? Do o get to have a new daddy now?” He asked assuming that’s how it worked that if you lost one then you got a replacement one.

Max shook her head some "No baby not neccisarily, if I find a man and love him maybe." She whispered taking a deep breath not wanting to get into Jeff at the moment.

JD laughed some and kissed her cheek "I never realized I was that much taller than you." He said

She smiled shaking her head a little and watched him some while they headed through the aisles. “I want a little girl.” She murmured to him as they got to the medicine aisle and she picked up her vitamins

He frowned and held onto her tighter. “What about that man that picked me up when daddy got sucky?” He asked her cuddling her close.

Max frowned at his question and tensed up "Why would you ask about him sweetheart? He was just a fire fighter." She said softly taking in a deep breath to keep her blood pressure down as she thought about Jeff.

JD nodded giving a smile "I want a healthy baby, but I think a girl would be amazing." He said happily before he coughed and groaned gripping the handle to the cart as it burned his lungs and throat

Jax shrugged. “He was nice and I like him.” He told her letting her put him up on the counter while she did the chicken nuggets.

Carmen frowned and watched him standing next to the cart for a while and passed him a tissue from her purse just rubbing his back gently til he calmed down again. “You got a follow up tomorrow. Well ask there.” She murmured and kissed his cheek.

Max set Jax on the counter and frowned more. It was like he knew Jeff was his father but not fully. She placed the chicken nuggets in the oven kissing his cheek gently before she took a deep breath

JD nodded some "Just burns like its really dry you know?" He murmured yawning some as he continued down the isle with her "I love you babe."

She frowned and nodded seeing if there was anything on the shelves there that might help. “So I’ve made my scan for just after your appointment... we get to hear the heartbeat.... they’re keeping a real close eye on mine too. They’ve been worried that they’ll have to do a csection.” She mumbled.

Jax sat there staring at the floor and cuddling his teddy close still frowning. “Mommy... I don’t wanna go to school tomorrow.” He grumbled.

Max gave a small nod and kissed the side of his head as she waited for the chicken nuggets to cook "Okay baby you don't have to, mommy isnt going to go to work either." She murmured softly

JD gave a small frown raising an eyebrow "What do you mean? Why do you need a csection? Because of your previous one?" He asked softly not really understanding all the risks she could have

She shook her head and walked next to him. “Because of my heart baby. Remember how it’s idea of having a good time is to stop randomly.” She pointed out and put things in the cart as they went. “If they get me to do a natural birth they think it’ll be too much of a strain.” She murmured.

Jeff called later on that evening sighing heavily ringing back again and again until she finally picked up. “Max.... I’m sorry to hear about what happened.” He told her quietly. “If you guys need anything at all, let me know. I know that things haven’t been good between us for a long time and I’ve been an ass about trying to fix things to a certain point but this is a clean slate.... I’m here for you and the kid whatever you guys need.” He told her sincerely

JD nodded and kissed her hand "Well whatever will help us get our child here and have you both safe we will do." He murmured quietly

Max took a deep breath as she listened to him and thought about what Clayton had said to her before he passed while she watched Jaxon play with his marvel figures in the living room "Thank you....would um....would you like to get a coffee next week? Just us? I think we need to have a very long talk." She said softly

He agreed and talked a few minutes longer then hung up.

The next week he was sat at the Starbucks fidgeting and feeling as nervous as he had been on their very first date, watching the door until she got there and he smiled some.

Carmen went and took JDs temperature for the fourth time that morning while he lay on the couch looking worse for wear not to mention he was hardly taking in enough oxygen so they had a non emergency ambulance on the way to take him in. “It’s gone up again.” She mumbled and kissed his forehead then sat next to him. “You’re gonna be okay.” She promised him quietly.

Max bit her lip hard and looked at herself in her small mirror trying to make herself presentable but it wasnt working well. Jax had been having a rough couple days and she was at her wits end for the moment. She walked into the starbucks seeing Jeffrey and automatically felt her heart speed up. She sat down across from him giving a very small brief smile "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late."

JD nodded and took in as much of a breath he could "How....how is baby?" He asked taking her hand in his and squeezing it as much as he could

“They’re doing good.” She murmured smoothing his hair outta his face, worrying about him. “Just rest papí.” She coaxed gently and kept him leaning back against her a little. They knew now that he’d inhaled an ungodly amount of smoke and his lungs weren’t recovering at all how they’d hoped so they were being delayed in moving back home and were stuck there in panorama city. The air was slightly cleaner than their town so it wasn’t the worst thing.

He shook his head and pulled a chair out for her. “What do you want?” He asked and nodded going to get her a coffee and sandwich then sat back down with her. “You okay?”

Max nodded softly and pulled her hair up taking a deep breath "Yeah....just um...your son has autism...and um...its been a rough week." She said not wanting to lie to him about any of this. She wanted him to know what he was asking to get into and that he really wanted this.

JD closed his eyes and wheezed trying to calm down but it was killing him to just breath right now "I burns...and hurts so bad." He whispered

“I know sweetheart they’re on their way Alright?” She promised him trying to help soothe him until the ambulance arrived and helped him on board taking them straight to the hospital and got him seen to while she waited out in the lobby, rubbing her bump. He’d been doing okay but soon as they got the news about Clayton he’d gone really downhill and she was worrying about him.

He nodded a little at that and frowned. “I kinda thought something like that. The way he was the night I was there.” He mumbled. “Look... I wanna be in his life if I can. I know I’ve failed so far at this whole being a parent thing but it’s important that I don’t just ignore him. I helped make him and I wanna be there now.” He said honestly to her

Max frowned some and took a deep breath "And what has made you change your mind? I want the truth, whether it be you got an epiphany, or someone talked with you, I don't care but I want to know why all of a sudden you want to be here now. Because I'm sorry, you immediately told me to go a clinic and get rid of him, no second guessing no nothing and now you want to be here."

JD grunted some and took a deep breath as they got a mask on him. He had taken the news about Clayton pretty badly, he missed his best friend dearly and the stress and saddness had really taken a toll on his health.

She frowned when she was finally allowed in to see him and she sat down seeing they were keeping his chest clear glad to see the burns were healing as well as they were at least. “How you feeling?” She asked her quietly and rubbed his hand.

Jeff shrugged a bit and frowned. “I went and saw my dad a couple months ago. He doesn’t remember who I am anymore but you know what? I got so many memories of my dad and I will always hold onto those. I wanna have those with Jax... I wasn’t ready for a kid then but I am now.” He told her.

JD grunted softly and gave a small thumbs down "Tired, but they said I need to stay awake til the doctor comes back." He grumbled

Max gave a small nod and took a deep breath pulling out her small binder "Look, this is....this is Jaxon's routine of what he likes and dislikes. He doesnt talk a lot, usually points to what he wants but he has been getting better about it." She explained biting her lip softly "He doesnt do well in very crowded areas either, over loads his senses so I put his favorite parks in there for you to see as well, they're usually not very busy." She said handing him the binder

She just nodded kissing his palm, moving his hand to rest on her small bump. “It’s alright honey. We aren’t going anywhere.... what do you wanna call them?” She asked him quietly.

He nodded and started reading through it. “Alright. Can I take it home to look through?” He asked her feeling ready to finally take responsibility.

Max nodded some and took a deep breath "Yes thats fine, and one other thing, Clayton was his dad understand? So I dont want you saying anything bad about him or trying to tell Jax that he wasn't his dad." She told him seriously

JD gave a small smile rubbimg her bump "Amelia for a girl....Seth for a boy." He murmured

She smiled and placed her hand over his. “I like that a lot.” She murmured gently worrying about him. “I think it’s a girl.... you’re gonna be okay J. You’re gonna be alright.” She murmured trying to soothe both of them.

He smiled and nodded. “Is he gonna go to the funeral tomorrow?” He asked her curiously.

JD nodded softly and sighed "Clayton's funeral is tomorrow, we have to be there." He murmured

Max nodded softly "I have asked him and he wants to be there. Ive explained it all and it wont be very loud, it should be okay." She explained

She frowned and watched him carefully. “Honey you’re not in any shape to travel four hours back.” She mumbled. “You’re not even getting home for a few days probably.” She murmured gently to him rubbing her fingers through his hair.

He just nodded. “Then why don’t we give it a few days at least before I see him. I don’t want him getting freaked out.” He pointed out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back