• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Turning Up the Heat

JD frowned some and gave a small nod "Oh...thats not good at all, theyre alright I guess. Most bearable theyve been so far." He explained giving her a small smile "We're going to be parents."

Max took a deep breath as they took him through and sat in the room checking her phone to try and distract herself frowning when she finally saw all the calls from Carmen. She quickly called back knowing that talkimg with her best friend would help immensely.

She nodded and smiled at him. “That’s another reason I think I better move up here.” She murmured gently to him, kissing his nose. “I love you.” She murmured and grabbed her phone getting off the bed and went to go answer it in the hall. “Hey max hows it going?” She asked.

Clayton lay there talking to the nurse the whole time, mostly about max and Jackson though until about three hours into it and just after he’d been made to read out the flash cards for the hundredth time he started to feel really weird. “Uh, Hey doc... I don’t feel so good.” He mumbled, his chest starting to feel super tight and it felt like his throat was closing up while his vision was going blurry.

Max took a deep breath sitting there on the phone with Carmen explaining everything that had happened and listening to her explain everythinh that had happened with JD. She went wide eyed hearing a call over the P.A. system calling for a code red in the O.R. "Carmen I have to go.." she whimpered before hanging up

JD looked at Carmen as she came back in frowning at the upset look on her face "Whats wrong babe? What happened?" He asked

It wa another couple hours before they were bringing him out and someone went to spark to max. “He’s hanging on by a thread. He coded on us twice and now we just wait to see what kinda damage there is when he wakes up.” He explained.

Carmen frowned and sat down taking his hand and explained everything to him just giving his hand a squeeze.

Max whimpered softly and gave a small nod letting a few tears fall "Can i see him please?" She asked quietly

JD frowned and shook his head "Shit....I should be there for him. Goddamn it." He muttered running his hands over his face

She shook her head. “There’s nothing for you to do. Just rest and recover J.” She murmured, looking up when a nurse came to let him know they were getting his discharge papers ready so he could go home with strict instructions to rest and how to look after the burns.

He nodded and took her through to Claytons room leaving her to privacy.

JD took a deep breath and nodded softly thanking the nurse then looked over at Carmen "Keep up with them please, let me know if anything changes with him." He whispered

Max went into the room and gasped softly seeing all the tubes and wires that were hooked up to him. She whimpered placed her head on the bed as she sat down keeping his hand in hers.

She nodded and kissed his cheek, sitting back in the chair and waiting with him for his papers to be ready, "The dogs are ready to see you, they've missed you a lot." She smiled tiredly at him

He held on for several more hours before he started taking a turn for the worse and his nurse walked in to make more checks on him, paging his doctor, "Ma'am... The machines have taken over now... He's no longer breathing at all, there's no brain function left." She explained to her quietly

JD chuckled happily and nodded some "Ive missed them, though we're gonna have to make sure they dont jump on me." He murmured

Max whimpered shaking her head some "No....no no...no he will come back, it'll be okay." She whispered in complete denial about it all.

“Ma’am.... mr. Cardenas is gone. His doctor is coming in to turn off the machines.” She told her quietly ready to call security if she needed to.

She smiled and nodded just watching him carefully while they waited, helping him get everything signed when they got the papers then took him home.

Max shook her head clinging to him "No! No no no! Dont please!" She sobbed trying to keep close to him not wanting to let go.

JD gave out a sigh of happieness as they reached his house "Its so great to be home." He whispered

Carmen smiled and helped him out, frowning a little at how out of breath he was by the time they got to the front door, getting him to sit on the porch swing while she unlocked the door, taking him inside and went to get him some water, "Home sweet home." She murmured to him, kissing his cheek and smiled watching the dogs go over and stand by him patiently.

His doctor eventually arrived as security was talking to her and threatening to remove her from the building. "Ma'am, we need to take him off the machines I'm afraid, you will have a few minutes to say goodbye but there is nothing we can do." He told her kindly.

JD sat down and took a deep breath sighing happily as the dogs came over "Hey there." He said happily petting them

Max eventually moved away as they unhooked everything before she started to say her goodbies trying to figure out how she would be telling Jax that his daddy wasnt coming home.

Jackson looked up from playing with his lego set when his mom walked in and got up, running over to her "Mommy! Mommy! Grandma let me stay up late so you can read me night night story." He grinned at her

Carmen smiled and watched them quickly go back to playing with each other in the kitchen while she sat down with him and her laptop, snuggling into his side carefully, "So... let's make the decision... You really want me to come live up here with you?" She smiled and held his hand

Max gave a soft smile and nodded "Yes baby I can do that." She whispered taking him up to bed and getting his favorite story 'Where the wild things are'

JD bit his lip hard watching her "What if I move back? Im sure I can get a transfer back." He whispered kissing her temple gently

She frowned and shrugged “Maybe. But you gotta choose cause I’m not doing all this back and forth stuff.” She mumbled tiredly resting her head on his shoulder. “You’re breathing really heavy. Take it easy papí.” She murmured softly.

Jaxcuddled into her once he was in his little bed “mommy when is daddy gonna come home?” He asked her holding onto her tightly. “Cause I want daddy to make food.”

JD nodded some and kissed her temple gently "I'll call and request for a transfer, I dont like it here as much as where I was. Plus back there they have a better school district." He murmured rubbing her stomach gently starting to fall asleep next to her

Max tensed and took a deep breath running her fingers through his hair "Jax sweetie....Daddy....Daddy had to go." She whispered letting a few tears fall "Remember how Iron Man had to go? At the end of the movie?" She asked hoping he would somewhat understand with her using the movie reference.

Carmen smiled some and nodded then shook her head, "Hey no, you're not going to sleep right now mister, we're gonna keep you up til late so you don't throw your schedule out of whack, come on, why don't we throw some burgers on the bbq out back and have a couple guys from the station over, a little welcome home thing." She suggested.

Jax looked up at her and frowned shaking his head, "But Iron Man not ever coming back and Daddy is oming back." He told her not understanding that parents weren't alwas going to be there "I want Daddy to come home." He whimpered

JD shook his head some and rubbed his eyes trying to get himself to stay up "No lets do that tomorrow, I dont have the energy for company right now." He murmured

Max nodded some "I do too sweetheart but Daddy isn't coming back, he had to go so he didn't hurt anymore." She whispered letting a few tears fall as she stared at her son "He can't come back."

Jax shook his head and sobbed into her T-shirt holding onto him tightly. “But I want him here.” He sniffled and held onto her burying his face into her neck and gripped her hair. “Mommy that’s bit fair!” He whimpered.

Carmen smiled “and that’s exactly why we should have them.” She murmured and rubbed his back. “Come on.... lets go get some food.” She smiled and helped him up. “Well Get you a mobility scooter for the store.” She grinned.

Max rubbed his back pulling his weight blanket over him "I know sweetie, I wish I could make it fair " she whispered stroking his hair back the way he always liked.

JD chuckled some "I can finally be one of those guys." He said happily before he kissed her cheek standing up slowly to go get his shoes on.

Carmen laughed some and wandered out to the kitchen to grab her purse again, walking back to the lounge to help him out to the car.

Jax shook his head crying all night until he fell asleep. Yelling for his dad every time he woke up even with max right there he wanted his daddy to come home desperately.

JD smiled happily and walked out with her glancing around "So how are you?" He asked wanting to know how she was because he knew she had been worrying over him more than anything

Max didnt sleep at all that night with how Jax had been. She picked him up as he woke up the next morning not going in to work today and she kept Jax home as well just so she could keep him close to her.

She shrugged a bit as they got in the car and drove them over to the grocery store. “Im alright. Pregnant. Still worried about you but I always will be.... but I’m okay babe.” She promised him quietly.

Jax was sat on the couch all day watching cartoons and just cuddling his favourite teddy bear and one of claytons hoodies, ignoring everything else going on around him.

JD gave a small nod and soft smile "You heard anything about Clayton yet?" He asked not knowing Max had left a lengthy voicemail for them about what happened.

Max held onto him as much as she could giving a heavy sigh "You want something to eat sweetheart? I can make your favorite chicken nuggets." She said softly as she ran her fingers through his hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back