• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Turning Up the Heat

He frowned watching him and just nodded asking for some time to decide then looked at Max as he left. "I uh... Shit." He muttered reaching forher to come sit with him.

Carmen spent the night at his house in the end and just continued tidying and cleaning everything to take her mind off it all.

Max layed with him and whimpered softly trying to not start crying "What do you want to do?" She asked quietly

JD fell asleep shortly after Toby left and didnt wake up until the next morning frowning when he didnt see Carmen there.

Carmen got there late in the morning and sat down watching him some. “Hey handsome. How you feeling?” She asked him quietly. “They’re saying as long as you remain stable all day then I can take you home tomorrow.” She murmured.

Clayton just shook his head. “I don’t know. Shit how do I make that kinda decision?” He whimpered shaking a little and held onto her tightly. “How do we explain this kinda thing to Jax?”

JD nodded some thankful that the tube was out of his mouth now but he stayed silent feeling a tear slide down his face as he remembered the little girl screaming for help. He felt maybe he deserved what that man had did.

Max took a deep breath shaking her head some "I don't know...but we'll figure out something okay?" She whispered before she started to cry softly into his chest

Carmen frowned and gently wiped it away. “Talk to me papí.” She murmured, kissing his cheek and resting her head on the bed up by his.

Clayton frowned laying there and holding onto her tightly, shaking the whole time just not sure what to do.

Max got herself calmed down and held onto him taking a deep breath "I love you so much babe, we'll get through this."

JD looked at her and shook his head "She was so little...maybe 5, I...I tried to save her. She just wanted her daddy." He whimpered crying more taking a deep breath "I couldve saved her if that goddamn beam didnt knock me down."

Carmen frowned and watched him carefully, squeezing his hand. “J baby you did everything you possibly could to get everyone out of there, you can’t blame yourself.” She murmured and kissed his head desperately wanting to get him home.

He frowned and watched her carefully. “I need to agree to the surgery don’t i? Cause if I don’t I’m just gonna get sicker and sicker until I can’t even get home to you and Jax.” He mumbled.

Max shook her head some "But you could also not make it home." She whimpered holding his face in her hands "But if you want it, then we'll do it, and if you don't then we'll cherish this time together." She whispered

JD shook his head some "One little girl, because she was hiding in a closet...maybe he dad should have killed me...how could I have no checked that closet?"

She frowned shaking her head. “No! For gods sakes no! Because you almost died in that fire too and I need you more than anything. Our own baby needs you more than anything!” She snapped at him a little, bit hapoy about his moping when she’d been so scared that she had lost him.

He frowned and watched her. “I think I need to.” He mumbled and just held onto her until they came to ask if he’d decided or not.

JD took a deep breath and went wide eyed looking over at her "Our....Our baby?" He stuttered not able to comprehend thinking maybe she had just mixed up her words.

Max gave a soft nod and kissed him gently "I love you babe." She whispered before he gave his answer to the nurse.

She nodded and frowned. “I’m pregnant Jorge! So don’t you dare start thinking that the little girl who died was your fault! Her father was there he should have been the one to get her out to safety not put it all on you.” She reminded him as she was starting to cry.

Clayton spoke to her and went through all the paperwork before they scheduled him in for that afternoon. “I wanna see Jax first. I know he doesn’t like it here but I gotta see him before.” He mumbled.

Max gave a small nod and kissed his cheek "I'll go call my mom." She whispered before she stepped out of the room to make the phone call.

JD took a deep breath and reached out for her "Lay with me." He whispered squeezing her hand tight "I'm sorry...I just...I can still hear her screaming." He whispered wiping the tears from her face

She whimpered and shook her head. “You’re also not the only firefighter there. Someone else should have also been responsible for getting people out.” She muttered and held onto his arm seeing as he was still too badly hurt for her to grab him around his torso.

Clayton thanked her quietly and lay there for a bit staring st the ceiling. He was scared. He didn’t know how this would go but he needed to do something to try and get better for her and JAX

JD gave a small nod letting his hand fall to her stomach "How far along are you?" He asked quietly not showing mucj excitement because of how exhausted he was but he was definitely happy

Max came back ij and layed next to him kissing his cheek "My mom will be here soon with Jax, conned him with that little avengers ball you got him, he adores that thing." She whispered giggling softly "You know he still thinks youre iron man?"

Clayton smiled tiredly at her and held her hand tightly still not feeling great and freaking out about what he was about to put himself through but he knew it was his only option. “If... if this goes bad... maybe... maybe you should give Jeff a chance seeing Jax. Supervised and whatnot and make him pay up but... he needs to have a dad in his life.” He murmured to her.

Carmen frowned watching him. “A couple months. Get some rest papí, I’m not going anywhere.” She murmured and kissed his head.

Max frowned softly and kissed him gently "Its going to be okay babe, you'll make it through this." she whispered not wanting to think about loosing him right now even though she knew it was highly possible. She heard the door to his room open and smiled softly seeing Jax come in clutching his Iron Man figure and Avengers ball "Hey there baby." she whispered

JD nodded softly letting his hand still rest on her stomach "I love you." he whispered before he started nodding off again.

Clayton smiled some as he ran straight past Max and over to him, climbing on the bed as best he could so Clayton cuddled him in close, "Hey bud, you have a good day at school yesterday?" He asked him, watching as he nodded, just rubbing his back, "Ooh look I think you're gonna have tohave a hair cut again soon. It's getting too long kiddo." He smiled at him tiredly.

Carmen smiled as she watched him a little, placing her hand over his and staying near while he slept.

Max smiled as Jax clutched his hair shaking his head some "Not right now, later okay?" She whispered to him kissing his cheek gently smiling as he relaxed amd curled into Clayton more "Daddy missed you lots Jax, mommy too." She murmured

JD woke up about an hour later to his stomach growling loudly. He looked down at Carmen and nudged her lightly hoping she wasnt in a deep sleep.

Clayton smiled and just cuddled Jax close to him while he visited taking in every moment he could just in case. At the very least it would be a while before he could see him again anyway. It wasn’t much longer that his nurse came in to let him know they needed to start getting him prepped so he said goodbye to Jax and let her mom take him again just leaning back and watching max quietly. “I’m scared.” He mumbled.

She frowned a little but stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes, looking over at him. “I fell asleep five minutes ago. This better be important.” She grumbled but smiled at him anyway.

Max nodded and gave a heavy sigh kissing his cheek gently "It'll be okay babe. I know it will. You'll pull through this and we'll get home to Jax and be like we were." She whispered running her fingers through his hair.

JD gave her a small smile but groaned as his stomach growled loudly again "Can you ask a nurse for food?" He asked quietly

She groaned a little and stood up looking over at him. “You’re lucky I love you.” She teased gently and went to the cafeteria to get him some food.

He frowned a little and nodded kissing her softly and holding onto her tightly for a minute then pulled back. “I think I’m about to have another one.” He slurred to her.

JD smiled happily at her and blew her a kiss while he waited thinking over the fact he was going to be a dad soon.

Max frowned and rushed out getting a nurse into the room right as he went fully into the seizure

Carmen smiled and came back to the room with food for him, helping him to sit up then sat next to him. “I just wanna get you home.” She mumbled sighing heavily and rubbed her temples.

Clayton came to an hour later and looked around confused seeing they were starting to prep him for surgery but max was still there just grabbing at her hand and staring at her. “I love you.”

JD nodded and ate quietly offering her some of his fruit "Yeah I do too, have you talked to Max or Clayton at all? He been good?" He asked

Max nodded letting a few tears fall "I love you too Clayton, with all my heart. I love you so much." She whispered before she leant over and gave him the most meaningful and loving kiss she had ever given him.

She frowned some and shook her head. “Neither of them are answering their phones I’ve been getting real worried about them.” She mumbled. “He’s been having seizures a lot lately.” She told him quietly. “Hows your pain levels?”

Clayton just nodded and gripped her hands kissing her back then lay there quietly as they moved him to the OR and told him he would be staying awake for this but he wouldn’t feel a thing and they just had to make sure his motor skills were all still okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back