• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Turning Up the Heat

Carmen stood outside of her house with both her dogs on leashes next to her, watching the fire crew putting the final flames out and just sighing heavily, wiping at her eyes. She was glad at least that the damage had been contained to the lounge and kitchen but it was still going to be a lot of money to fix up. "Thank you so much for your help." She said to the guy heading over to her now.

Jeffrey rolled over, his arms slipping around Max and kissed her head, "mmm... We should probably get up and go get some dinner." He suggested quietly and rolled out of bed, pulling clothes on, "I'm thinking Italian." He smiled at her some, "You okay beautiful? You've been quiet all day." He murmured to his girlfriend, reaching for her hand while he sat on the edge of his bed, watching her

JD came out of the house once his job was done and held the picture he had managed to save from her living room area. He gave her a genuine smile and nodded "No problem m'am, just doing my job." He said before he handed her the picture. She was absolutely beautiful and had it been under any other circumstance he would be chatting her up,but right now was not the time or place "I managed to save that, thought you might want it." He said quietly before he kneeled down and started to pet her dogs smiling wide at them "Cute dogs." He murmured happily.

Max sat up some clutching the sheets to the bed over her body and smiled softly seeing her boyfriend Jeffrey at the edge of the bed. She had been seeing him for just about 4 months now and she was starting to get serious feelings for him. They had been going strong, but finding out she was pregnant a couple of days ago had made her worried. They had never discussed a full future for the two of them and it worried her that maybe he wouldn't want this. She snapped out of her trance as she saw him wave his hand infront of her face asking if she was there "Huh? Oh yeah sorry just um thinking.." she said softly looking at him directly in the eyes taking in a deep shaky breath "Jeff I'm pregnant.." she said seriously to him not going to beat around the bush about it at all.

Jeff smiled as he watched her. He really did love her but they just hadn't gotten around to even talking about moving in together yet. He was hoping to do it over dinner this evening but when he heard what she said he froze, tensing up and his smile turned to a deep frown, "You're what? Max I... I don't want kids." He told her bluntly.

Carmen smiled some and stared at the photo in her hand, nodding a little, starting to tear up again, "Oh thank you so much." She told him, glancing down seeing the dogs were lapping up all the attention they could get, rolling her eyes a bit, "Honestly I promise they get lots of love and attention, they're just pretending they don't." She smiled a little and looked up as he stood again, "I know it was just your job but still.... Thank you." She told him before getting into her car to head over to Max's and hope that she could stay there for a bit.

Max frowned and took a deep breath "Oh." She whispered not really able to say much else at the moment. She loved him, she really wanted to be with him, but this, this was a deal breaker. All she had ever wanted was marriage and kids, sure the kids part came way earlier than expected but she wasn't about to give this up just because he didn't want it.

JD chuckled and gave a nod "My dog used to be that way, most dramatic german sheperd you would have ever met." He said as he stood up smiling back down at her "Its no problem m'am, you try to have a good rest of your day okay? Our inspector will be out here tomorrow probably around 10 or so to go over the details about the damage." He explained biting his lip before he pulled her into a small hug. He knew it might have been taking things a step too far but she looked like she could really use one at the moment.

Jeff sighed heavily, checking his phone when he got a message, seeing he was being called into work, "Well... Better make an appointment to get rid of it then. I gotta go beautiful, I'll see you later alright." He murmured and kssed her forehead, getting up as though nothing had happened as he walked out, grabbing his work bag on the way.

Carmen smiled a little at him and thanked him, filling the form out with her details for them to give to the inspector then drove off, texting Max that she was headed to her place, no idea that she wasn't home and that both of them had had really shit evenings.

Max sat there in shock as she watched him leave shaking her head as she started to cry. She looked at her phone seeing the text from Carmen. She sighed heavily and texted her that she would be there soon and told her where the spare key was. She got up and dressed grabbing all of her things before she left a note where he usually placed his keys saying 'I won't get rid of it' leaving the apartment and making her way to her place "Hey..." she whispered seeing Carmen sitting on the couch

JD nodded and said goodbye glancing at the info "Carmen..nice name." He said to himself looking over to see Jeff getting out of his car "Hey man, place is pretty bad on the inside. Need some help getting it cleaned up for the inspectors." He explained handing him the paper work they had made up already.

Jeff frowned as he walked over to him, "I know this chick.... This is Max's best friend. Her and the dogs okay?" He asked him nodding when he assured him they were. "Alright... Well, better get to work then." He muttered getting changed and getting to it.

Carmen frowned getting up going over and hugging her tight, "He didn't take the news well then?" She asked her quietly, going to get them a drink each from MAx's kitchen

Max whimpered and shook her head breaking down into sobs as she sat down "He told me to get an appointment to get rid of it." She said trying to calm herself but it wasn't working. She was absolutely heartbroken at the moment because of this.

JD nodded and went inside with him "Yeah she is perfectly fine, same with the dogs. You didn't tell me how beautiful Max's friends were man, nearly got tongue tied talking with her." He said laughimg a bit "You get to talk with her about moving in?" He asked knowing his friend was getting pretty serious with her.

Carmen frowned and sat down near her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders just trying to soothe her. "Then it's time to tell him goodbye. If you want to keep this baby then get rid of him." She told her seriously, "If I could still have Josh here with me.... I'd do anything.... and if it was a man in the way... I'd let go of him." She explained. She'd had a son while still in high school but he'd been premature and he'd died when he was two. That had been the photo the guy had managed to save for her.

Jeff frowned and shook his head, "She's pregnant, so either she gets rid of it or me and the way she was earlier... I reckon she'll pick the thing over me." He muttered. Children disgusted him and there were no two ways about it. "It's a shame, I really love her but I will not live with a child and I won't force a child to live with one parent who doesn't want it there." He explained.

Max nodded crying softly "I love him Carmen...I really....I really felt like we could have had something real." She said quietly shaking her head "Whats wrong with you? Everything okay?" She asked seeing the dogs were here with her

JD frowned some shaking his head a bit not agreeing with him at all "Man...you can't get upset about it. You should have wrapped it up." He muttered before he walked off not going to speak on it any further.

Jeff rolled his eyes some and carried on with work, getting home at 6 in the morning and saw the note she had left, sighing heavily and going up to bed. Things really were over and he'd lost her. Once he'd had some sleep he would start regretting it.

"Look, you don't need him and you'll be better off without him so just do what is best for you Max." She told her, standing up to go head up to the guest room. "So I fell asleep with my candles burning, I woke up to my lounge on fire." She mumbled, "You never mentioned by the way how good looking Jeff's work guys are, there was one Latino guy there, I could really do with some of that if you know what I mean." She winked at her. "Also I need a place to stay for a while. I'll pay you rent money." She told her.

Max shook her head and waved her off "Shit boo I'm glad you got out!" She said "Well I actually haven't met his co-workers so I wouldn't know." She said giving a small shrug "Don't you dare pay rent money, just take care of your puppers and its all fine." She explained getting up and grabbing a blanket for her "Here in case you need this." She said going to the guest room with her.

JD sighed some and made his rounds staying there till 10 in the morning having got a few other things that were salvagable. He decided to stay til the inspector came to make sure she recieved her things rather than they get lost like most times.

Carmen smiled a little and just nodded to her, "Thank you... Look... It's up to you what you do Max but don't get rid of this baby just to please him. If you want to keep it then do and leave him behind... It will be better for you I promise." She told her smiling a little and said goodnight then curled up in bed and got some sleep.

-6 months-
Carmen wandered into the house after a busy day of getting the builders working on her place to do their job properly and trying to calm her boyfriend on how this double date this evening would go, "Max! Hey! Uh, you ready?" She called through the house to find her friend.

Jeff frowned as he watched JD getting himself tidied up while he was still at the station, "Where are you off to this evening?" He muttered. Since the breakup with Max he had become bitter about everything, grumpier than ever and he was just plain miserable. He missed her terribly and although his stance on children hadn't changed, he was upset that she had left him.

Max frowned coming out in a trashy baggy shirt and sweats with her hair in a messy bun. Her giant baby bump had made her overly emotional as of late. She thought being pregnant would be great for her but not having the father and knowing she was alone through this had made her overly emotional through it all "For what?" She asked having had a particularly rough day. She had seen Jeff briefly as he drove the truck around the area and she had been a mess ever since. She had completely forgetten about this double date Carmen had talked her into.

JD glanced over at his buddy and shrugged some "Double date with Carmen, getting a friend of hers and mine out." He explained not really wanting to mention Max. He had been seeing Carmen for about 5 months after seeing her randomly a few times after the fire he knew it must have been fate that the two of them were to be in eachothers lives. He was really liking her and he only hoped this led to somewhere other than just boyfriend and girlfriend.

Carmen frowned and sighed a bit, "For the double date, hey come on, go get changed and I will sort your hair alright? You don't have to see the guy after but he knows you're pregnant and it doesn't bother him. He's a nice guy, he's tall, handsome, a little on the skinny side so some of your cooking could fix that right up... Come on, give it a go for me girly." She smiled at her some and texted JD back that she was thinking this could end up being a disaster but it had been his idea so she was ready to blame him.

Jeff frowned, "A friend.... Is it Max? She doesn't have any other friends, she just pisses people off too much." He chuckled some then frowned, "I could tell you now whether Max'll like him or not if you tell me who you're taking." He muttered and sighed some when he heard it was Clayton, "She'll hate him." He lied to him quickly. He knew for a fact she'd adore him and that hurt worse than he thought possible.

Max frowned and gave a heavy sigh "Carmen...no I don't think I'm up for it really. " she said softly trying to push her friend off rubbing her bump as the baby started to kick "I just want to be alone right now Carmen...today hasn't been good." She whispered wiping her eyes as she started to cry "I saw him today...he looked so tired."

JD shrugged some "We'll have to see, I think they'd be good for one another." He said checking himself over again checkimg his phone and sighing heavily at the text "See ya later man." He murmured before he went off to get to Max's house having agreed to drive the two of them to the date.

She frowned some and sighed again. “Max you need to get over him. He was the one who shoved you away because you’re pregnant. Come on, the dude deserves any misery that comes with it.” She muttered “Please come out with us. Just for a bit. If you wanna go home early I’ll go in a taxi with you but please, for me?” She begged turning on the puppy dog eyes for her.

Clayton waited on the side of the road outside the restaurant he worked at waiting for JD to come pick him up frowning as he pulled up and he got in the front seat. “Remind me why I’m letting you force me out again?” He muttered. He’d become something of a social recluse himself lately. “And yeah I know that carmens gonna need the front seat I’ll change over. Man she has got you whipped into shape huh?” He chuckled seeing he was about to ask him anyway.

Max sighed heavily and looked at her friend "Okay....but if I seriously gotta go because of him." She said pointing to her stomach. She had found out the gender about a month ago and it honestly scared her a bit to have a son "Then I go okay? But I promise not to use him as an excuse." She muttered before she went off to her room and got changed "I'm not wearing makeup! My face is too fucking tired for it!" She called out to her.

JD chuckled some and gave a nod "She has, but in the best way man." He said nod able to wipe the smile off his face as he thought about Carmen. He felt like a love sick teenager again when it came to her, and he was so happy about it. He glanced over at his friend seeing the somewhat upset look on his face knowing he didn't want to be out "Listen man, Max is a really really nice chick. Give her chance alright? This'll go well."

"Yeah yeah yeah, quit the sap, you're making me sick." He muttered and shook his head a little, getting into the back once they got there to collect the girls, waiting impatiently for them to come out.

Carmen giggled and agreed before stepping outside to see JD "Hey! We gotta wait, she forgot about tonight, had a rough day." She smiled and jumped on him a little, she hadn't seen him in a week because their schedules had clashed so badly, "Mmm, how was your shift?" She murmured and kissed him softly.

Max stood looking at herself in the mirror and felt disgusted. She didn't see why any man would want her like this, Jeffrey sure as hell didn't so why would anyone else? She sighed heavily and slipped on her sandals not able to put on proper shoes anymore then walked out frowning as she saw JD and Carmen. She muttered a brief hello before she made her way to the car and got in the back seat not even noticing that Clayton was back there.

JD smiled widely and hugged her tight before he spun her around "Hey beautiful, shift was long, no disasters today thankfully. How has your week been?" He asked pecking her lips gently a couple times overjoyed to be seeing her right now.

Carmen smiled and gave him a very brief rundown then got down and kissed his cheek, "Let's go, I'm buying Max's food by the way, she won't even let me pay rent." She told him going to get in the front seat, "Hey Claude." She called and squeaked as he reached around and grabbed the pressure pointts behind her neck to make her squirm, "You know I'm kidding!" She laughed some.

Clayton rolled his eyes a little and moved his hand back then looked over at Max, "So you got dragged out of your house too?" HE asked her smiling a little. She was gorgeous and her being pregnant didn't scare him, he had a lot of patience and he knew she'd be busy with a baby a lot but he wanted to be there to help if this even worked out

Max looked over at the man next to her and gave a small nod "Yeah...puppy dog eyes from that one are a weakness on me." She admits as she points to Carmen. He was a handsome man that was for sure, definitely her type, but she still couldnt help but think of all the negative thoughts about being single pregnant . She gave him a soft smile and turned her attention outside.

JD chuckled some as he started to drive giving Carmen a bit of a worried look seeing Max start to zone out like she usually did these days when she was around anyone other than Carmen "So Max! How has the photography been going?" He asked trying to strike up some kind of conversation and ease the obvious tension that was there.

"Yeah I just got told that if I don't get out of the apartment then JD is gonna make me pay ALL the rent." HE chuckled some. "Ooh, what kind of photography do you do?" He asked her.

Carmen reached over and took his hand in hers gently rubbing his knuckles, "I'm still good to stay with you tonight right?" She asked, her bag was already in front of her with her stuff and she was ready to enjoy a quiet night with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back