• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sorry guys. I hadn't gotten any alerts that posts had been made, and I didn't know that everyone was waiting on me. I'll post IC now. :sick:

I'm still here checking in every now and then. Work's been picking up this last few weeks and actual rest is getting harder to come by. Nothin too bad though, just the usual busy stuff.

Is it possible to have activated Iron Kettle Body, Dreaming Pearl Form and Pearescent Filigree Defense Charms prior to the fight start?
Psychie brings up a good question that I had forgotten to address before. Since you guys were in the thick of battle, you would have been able to activate and have running any Scene long Charms you wish to. Also, I will say that you have been performing stunts throughout the fight so far, so your Essence mote pools are all full, along with your Willpower.

Yeah I finally lucked out on my attack rolls xD

He's probably got a beastly DV, but any threshold will be doubled. Hopefully this will draw attention to give you guys an opening.

EDIT: I didn't factor in stunt dice in though, for whatever that's worth, but I'm hoping we got a hit or him to pop a perfect defense

Well, I do happen to have an attack that is Unblockable and Undodgeable . . . the only downside to it is that it is rather expensive in Essence and Willpower. But that doesn't mean that I won't be using it on this jerkazoid. ^;3^

Speed is 4 and base parry DV is 8, but I can enhance that with the first excellency and stunts right? Would that just be an added 10 dice or a flat 5? Either way, Aredin will also use Seven Shadow Evasion on Filial's first attack for 8 motes.
If I am not wrong, when using an Excellency to boost a static value like DV, it would be the flat 5.

I think second edition wanted first excellency to still roll dice for DVs, but abstracting them into the DV pool just helps speed things up. I rather prefer it. If we handle it that way going forward, Aredin's effective parry DV in full sword stance is 13.

I highly recommend it. Scene long free excellency is well worth the steep 20m commitment. Pays for itself in two attacks.

Also Sherwood Sherwood updated post with reaction to the attack.

This also means that it will be that much harder to hit Filial Wisdom. After all, I'm sure he has the same Excellency you do.

Yeah, it's pretty standard solar melee stuff, and he is a Dawn caste (I think). I wouldn't be surprised if he knew all my combat charms among others.

However, my ultimate strategy has always been using defend other to help provide a buffer for the rest of you to attack. Right now I'm pretty confident in Sirocco to deal with a high success attack or two, but later into the fight is going to be a lot rougher, I think. Hopefully, I can save you guys from having to use too many motes for defense.

Hmm, is there any measurement on the distance Annika and F.W. are from each other?

If you were to try and approach any closer than 50 feet, you would have a strong likelihood of being spotted. Other than that, it would be up to you.

I'll say she's between 50 and 75 feet away, seeing as she was trying to avoid being spotted, and use Triple-Distance Attack to attack him from that range.

That will work. As I posted earlier, you have him at a disadvantage, and you are also making a surprise attack, giving you even more bonuses.

Since his lethal soak is greater than the raw damage, how many dice do I roll?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back