• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
As for XP, I think I'm going to grab Hypnotic Tongue Technique as the pre-requisite for Hastening Night's End (Scroll of Errata p.156). The goal charm is an important piece to the original character concept, so I figure now would be a good time to reach for it.

It is really tempting to play off of story progression and grab maybe a dot of war or strength or maybe even a resistance charm though.

Curious what the rest of you are interested in grabbing.

I'm getting that Infinite Martial Arts Mastery. I can't afford the Essence cost of these fights without it!

As for XP, I think I'm going to grab Hypnotic Tongue Technique as the pre-requisite for Hastening Night's End (Scroll of Errata p.156). The goal charm is an important piece to the original character concept, so I figure now would be a good time to reach for it.

It is really tempting to play off of story progression and grab maybe a dot of war or strength or maybe even a resistance charm though.

Curious what the rest of you are interested in grabbing.

Thinking of getting a Mastery myself, seeing as how well it's worked out for you. Though I also want to be ready to start investing Annika's xp in stuff that'll be useful in her role as spymaster.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised you guys didn't go for infinite ability mastery earlier. Guess it's easily overlooked for other milestones.

Still, as a standard general charm it doesn't seem very impressive at first, but its crucial for high level combat strategy (ie. Hold onto as many motes as you can for emergencies.)

As for playing to roles, I'm still torn on heavy investment in bureaucracy charms following this milestone in presence. Much like sail, it has the potential to draw play time from the rest of the group's normal activities. On the other hand, many of those effects can simplify things a bit. I guess if it can help keep some of the less broadly interesting minutiae to the background it'll be worth it.

Last edited:
I must have always skimmed that particular charm when reading about them in the past.

Hm... Given the group's course, I think I'll grab those two presence charms then alternate bureaucracy and resistance for awhile to maintain some toolkit diversity.

Friendly reminder: Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie MasterDAF MasterDAF jaydude jaydude Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

The 3E Lunars Kickstarter is open, if any of you were interested in taking a look. I just found out earlier today, so figure I might not be the only one to almost miss it.
I had thought I had mentioned it earlier. Sorry about that. I am excited, though, since I am now a backer. Looking forward to getting the beautiful hard copy and the PDF download once they are released.

Yep, I've been following it since the day it opened; very exciting! I'm still trying to figure out how much I'm gonna spend, so I'll probably wait until the final week to make my pledge.

I have the misfortune to be in the office at the moment, but may as well ask while I have a possible response rolling around in my head.

Do I have permission activate hypnotic tongue technique in this scene? Little bit of an awkward case seeing as we just got the xp that allowed its purchase, so I wanted to clarify.

Edit: Guess I'll just go ahead and see what happens.

Last edited:
Well... that was a far luckier roll than I was expecting.

EDIT: By the way, I am open to this necromancer pleading his case to live or cooperate, but since this is a fairly large group with diverse motivations and whims, I hope for the necromancer's case he can make it convincing if the circle leans towards execution. Pretty sure we've already angered the beehive by poaching Whisper from their group anyway, so may as well leverage this for character moments.

Last edited:
Just wanted to ask, what are the rules for time needed to learn new charms?

Technically, it takes days to weeks, but I'm not worried about training times in this game.

"I really couldn't care less what happens to him in the long run. But I'm a bit curious about why the Walker in Darkness was looking for this Key." Annika said while crossing her arms and looking at the Abyssal.

I'm assuming everyone heard about the behemoth. Would that not be the answer?

There's still the question of what he wants to do with the behemoth. And Annika doesn't know exactly what the key does, though she could guess it has something to do with the behemoth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back