• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sorry, I got hit with a migraine and got put out of commission. I need to try and really become a participant, all this cool cinematic stuff keeps happening when my back is turned.

As a fellow headache sufferer, I understand. Feel better soon, and join in as you can.

Thank you for the well wishes. I'm feeling better, after sleeping in a dozen hours or so.

I don't see any signs of that so far IC, unless it was done in the time we were waiting for Voice to wake up?

Did Viktor send the message to Ma-Ha-Suchi?
Sorry, haven't had a chance to post (just started a new job this week at the Dept of Education that's had me on my toes). He is going to send a message right after Sirocco whispers it to him but before Voice awakens, I'll make sure to denote it as 'previously' when it goes up. I'll have it posted by tonight.

Sorry, haven't had a chance to post (just started a new job this week at the Dept of Education that's had me on my toes). He is going to send a message right after Sirocco whispers it to him but before Voice awakens, I'll make sure to denote it as 'previously' when it goes up. I'll have it posted by tonight.

Cool, and congrats on the new job.
I was thinking of maybe having Sirocco doing a rush thing, and going off to find and meet Ma-Ha-Suchi face to face...

Good news about the job! Congrats. ^33^

Post your message to Mi-Ha-Suchi with the 'earlier today' thing, and you can have it sent before the Abyssal wakes up.

For the Abyssal... Can we assume any consideration to get her medical care at the center would've taken place while she was unconscious?

Otherwise we could just oathbind her to cooperate before removing the cuffs (as was previously attempted) and just let her recover on her own without alerting the enemy watching us intently to our movements in the city proper.

As it stands we're looking at 3 days minimum for a very hostile, very fragile stalemate.

It will be several hours before she wakes, so you can go ahead and make the run to the medical center with her and be done in no time.

Viktor nodded at Aredin's request, then turned to Annika. He shrugged when she finished. "I guess any information she can provide on artifacts of the Void would certainly be welcome. I don't know much about the special crafting arts of the Underworld, but I've heard rumors that they involve alloying souls to metal in undying permanence. True or not, extra knowledge can only empower us."

The Twilight crafter rubbed his chin, looking Voice over in contemplation as he gathered his thoughts. "Speaking of her parents, how do you want to go about retrieving her family? Unless I misunderstood, it sounds like Lord Aredin has put this operation in your hands. I know a thaumaturgical rite that would allow us to slip through the barrier between worlds and access the Underworld, and vice versa. So if you want, I can come along to provide assistance and support. Or if you'd rather travel lighter in numbers, I can attempt to teach it to you."

For what it's worth, I actually don't remember if we know the location of her family either, so seems like a reasonable time to ask. For all we know, these folks could be anywhere from a stone's throw away or as far out as Skullstone Archipelago. I'd be curious to see just how far Exalted blackmail can go.

For what it's worth, I actually don't remember if we know the location of her family either, so seems like a reasonable time to ask. For all we know, these folks could be anywhere from a stone's throw away or as far out as Skullstone Archipelago. I'd be curious to see just how far Exalted blackmail can go.

Didn't we learn that in post #1,180?

Yeah, I'd forgotten as well. I'll just play it off IC as Viktor offering "underworld travel" as an option in case something happens to the family before we can get them out of the Shadowland they inhabit.

Are we good to make a jump of a few days for Aysik and his fellow Sidereals to arrive? If there is anything you wish to do in this time, let me know.

I would like to begin researching nearby places of power, those full of essence. If I can't find them myself, I'd like to take steps towards seeking out someone who can. If neither of those go anywhere, I'd start to teach Sirocco the basest of basics of sorcery. If she's still interested, that is.

Are we good to make a jump of a few days for Aysik and his fellow Sidereals to arrive? If there is anything you wish to do in this time, let me know.
I can't think of anything that would change our course in regards to the main beats of this story.

Yeah, let's skip.

Edit: Also, I'd like to learn Cascade of Cutting Terror.

Last edited:
I'm good with jumping forward, Viktor will continue working on the small Jade Elephant Effigy throughout the intermittent days. I'll take a look later today to see if I need to make another craft roll or not, I don't remember off the top of my head.

Looking back at the IC posts, I saw Viktor gained all the successes needed to complete the project when I rolled during the flight to Rathess. So these days we pass over he will be completing the carving of the effigy, and when we pick up Viktor will attempt to convince Darian (as a priest of the Unconquered Sun) to bless the finished project.

I would like to begin researching nearby places of power, those full of essence. If I can't find them myself, I'd like to take steps towards seeking out someone who can. If neither of those go anywhere, I'd start to teach Sirocco the basest of basics of sorcery. If she's still interested, that is.

She sure is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back