• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Darian will examine the book to get a good mental picture of the glyphs so she knows exactly what to look for. Once she is satisfied that she has the image locked in her mind, Darian will then focus her Essence into her senses, boosting them to inhuman levels. Closing her eyes, she slides her hands across the door with a slow, gentle touch, seeking out the four points that should be there in the door.
Ok, so I'm spending 5m on my two Awareness Charms, and I'll add another 8m to add 8 dice to my pool. Lets see how well I do.

This gives me a total of thirty two successes on my roll! Love those 10's!

Holy crap, Psy! That is even before any Stunt bonuses! Cripes! Go ahead and add two more dice to your roll, just for shits and giggles.

Focusing your awareness into your fingertips, Darian can feel microscopic imperfections in the surface of the door; what was once smooth as glass is now rough and ragged to your touch. Moving your hands across the door, it is so easy to locate the four different pressure points, and you can clearly identify which ones to press in what order. Once you begin to channel your Essence into each point, it takes five Essence motes to activate each point, draining you of a total of 20 motes.

When the last mote is placed, there is a slight but audible 'click' as the latch is undone. Under the pressure of your soft touch, Darian can feel that the door shifts and is able to be pulled open.

What do you do now?

Glowing brightly from her Essence expenditure, Darian opens her eyes as she grasps the handle of the door. "I have done it. The door should open safely, assuming that I was correct in the pattern of pressure points. If any of you wish to step back as I pull the door open, do so now."

If there is no movement away, she will go ahead and pull the handle and step back to allow the door to open.

As Darian reached for the door, Annika would take a few steps back, wary of what might be behind that door.

Aredin holds his daiklave in hand, preparing his essence for a fight in the event their captive is immediately hostile and unrestrained. Taking a deep breath, the light of the sun seemed to solidify in his heart, hardening his reflexes and refining the precision of his muscular control. "Right, I'm ready when you are." He said, making way for the door to open and watching intently for what could be inside.

Activating Infinite Melee Mastery for 20m 1w.

The large doors open silently and smoothly, revealing a dark tunnel leading down. The light from Darian's amina glow provides plenty of illumination and a definite lack of traps going off to kill you for opening the door. With the light that you have, you can see that the tunnel opens up into a room roughly twenty feet in, but beyond that, you can't see much.

Who will go in first?

Aredin will volunteer to go in first, preferring not to subject the others to nasty surprises if he can help it.

Viktor pulled the daiklave from his pack and held it in a loose one-handed grip as he looked around the tunnel in amazement. An ancient passageway locked off for hundreds of years, and they were the first people to venture within. What kinds of wonders might it reveal? The Twilight Solar forced back a grin, and followed his fellows inside.

Giving a shrug of her shoulders, Annika would draw out a throwing knife and follow the other Solars through the door, while also readying herself with the sun's power to dodge out of the way of anything inside.

[Activating Flow Like Blood for 5m 1wp.]

The hall dips down to the lower level and opens up to reveal a larger room, thirty feet by sixty, with a dozen broken statues lining the walls. In the light of the anima glow, you can see a detailed mural, depicting a pair of Exalts, a Lunar and a Solar, leading a powerful army into battle, just to be routed by their foes. There is a second scene that shows a trail where the two Exalts are standing in chains before a full auditorium filled with Exalts watching with fascination. The final mural shows the final resolution of the trial: the sealing of the prison, with the Unconquered Sun himself looking on as the doors are shut. But this mural has been damaged, with the Unconquered Sun's painting having been badly vandalized by some very sharp claws.

In the center of the room, you see a mummified body lying in repose, with another figure that's covered in feathers, curled up at the feet of the mummified body. Psychie Psychie please give me a perception + awareness roll.

Finally, everyone in the room please roll a d10

Looking at the murals, Annika soon guessed that they depicted the fate of the imprisoned Solar and Lunar. Upon coming to that conclusion, she turned her attention to the mummified body and the feather-covered figure.

[😞]

Darian looks around, her hearing still enhanced by the effects of her Charms. She listens carefully before advancing.

A total of 8 successes on my Hearing Perception roll

Aredin took in the scene with a grim expression. Well I suppose it's easy to see what he thought of their sentence. I wonder what he'd have to say for himself now though... He attempted to pace quietly to move toward the bodies. Would the sun still condemn them to this? Even now?

Even with Darian's enhanced hearing, it takes you several moments of quiet listening to be able to detect . . . a very slow but steady heartbeat! It would appear that this Lunar is still alive, albeit in some kind of hibernation.

Darian raises up an eyebrow, then in a calm voice reports, "It would appear that the Lunar yet lives; I can hear his heartbeat." She slowly walks forward, until she is standing next to the feathered figure. "What is our next step? Does anyone know if it is possible to awaken him safely?"

"I will do what I can to wake him calmly." Aredin said, kneeling down to lay a hand on the feathered Lunar's back. I hate this power, but it's the only way I can protect my friends... His thoughts echoed as he tried to enter a meditative state.

With patience, he would find the rhythm of Rogosh's heartbeat and began a silent prayer to its cadence. His words would be as a gentle ripple on the still pond. "Arise Rogosh. You are called to walk among men and gods once more. Repent of your crimes, cast your grudges aside, and help make this world a better place. Do these things, and I shall pardon you by my name and power as King of the Earth. I will bring you into my circle, you shall live as one of us, and whatever sins you bare shall be forgiven."

The young lord rose, knowing he had imbued those words with essence, enough to kindle his own light in its full power. "Assuming he could hear the call, he should be joining us shortly."

Activating Imperial Command (Hypnotic Tongue Technique + Irresistible Salesman Spirit) with a full excellency 21m 2w (+1 success). Total of 20 successes.

4a8c1257ebb549c9fddd79e60b63df65.jpg For a moment, you can see no visible reaction to Aredin's words. But as Darian continues to listen, the heartbeat suddenly spikes in its speed and strength, showing that the old Lunar is about to wake. A deep, shuddering breath can be heard as Rogosh starts to stir. Another deep breath, then he stretches, revealing his appearance. He is in his war form, and you can see that his totem form is some kind of bird of prey, either a hawk or an eagle.

He sits up, blinking in confusion as he looks around. Finally it sets into his mind that he is awake and aware, faced with at least two Exalts, possibly many more. The birdman slowly stands, his eyes darting from one to another. In accented Old Realm, he asks, "How long has it been, that I have spent locked away inside this prison?"

Aredin smiles warmly and extends his hand as he speaks, "It has been thousands of years, friend. It has been so long that the old methods of keeping time have been discarded. I think you'll find the world outside this prison will be barely recognizable to your eyes and not in a good way. I'm sure you will have an uncountable amount of questions, but perhaps it would be best to do so in the light of day, yes?" The young man who just proclaimed himself king spoke Old Realm casually, though he too was wrapped in the anima of a bird of prey. The mark of the Eclipse burned upon his brow and shadowed wings wrapped in a white corona of light stretched from Aredin's back. With motes of starlight dancing about the room they stood, he turned back to the exit as they scrawled their usual scripts in the air. "Follow me. You'll have to see it for yourself."

Darian turns on her most winning smile, showing that she is not armed, trying to put the fellow at ease. With a curtsy, she says, "Welcome back to Creation. It has indeed been many thousands of years that you have been in here, but now, it is time for you to come forth and see the world that awaits you with fresh eyes."

Rogosh is silent for some time as he listens to the two of you, looking out towards the exit of the room with undisguised longing in his eyes. But before he heads to the door, he turns to look at the desiccated body lying next to him. He kneels down next to the body and places a clawed hand on its chest. With his head bowed down, you can hear him say, "I am sorry, my old friend, that I was not able to save you from this fate. Don't worry, though. I will not let you lie here on this cold, hard floor for long. I will come back, and place your mortal remains in a resting place more suited to your station."

He lets out a sigh, and he reaches down and unfastens a bejeweled necklace from around the neck of the body and then slips it into a pocket of his robes, then he stands once more. Looking to Aredin and Darian, he says, "You probably already know who I am, but let me introduce myself. I am Rogosh DeBarran, No Moon Exalt of Luna. To whom do I owe my thanks for my release?"

"Aredin Lentier, Sun's chosen of the Eclipse, Lord of Rathess and King of the Earth. These are my friends, my circle mates, and I am blessed to have this lovely lady as my wife." Aredin said with a smile as he introduced himself, Darian, and the group at large. He then deferred to them to speak on their own behalf with a subdued gesture of his hand.

Viktor watched on as the events played out, and sheathed his blade when the Lunar appeared to be acting in a civil manner. He continued to eye the ancient exalt though, wary that it could be some kind of ruse. He could not think of any other reason the ancestral owner of his exaltation would help seal Rogosh away, unless the Chosen of Luna was one to be cautious of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back