• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Heaven nods knowingly. "Ah, ever the beauty and beast. That personality of yours is one of the many traits that make me adore you..." Moving into the hallway once again, he turns and faces Sirocco, skipping backwards as he goes.

"So. Summoning. It's one of the more common sorceries. Cults and madmen we're doing it before they learned to crawl. Summoning in and of itself is easy, if you don't mind whatever random demon answers the call immediately trying to devour you. But to get a specific creature, and to bring them forth safely? It takes lots of preparation, which I've prepared in advance, and am honestly not in the mood to go over it all again. Outside of that, it's just about being more experienced, more willful than what you want to summon...or more clever."

With a clap of his hands, Heaven stops just outside of his ritual room, he motions to one of the circles scratched into the floor. "Just join me in there, and we can get started."
With your preparations complete, Heaven is now ready to begin his summoning ritual. It will take you a total of four hours to complete, and depending on what kind of elemental you try to call will determine how difficult the battle of wills will be. Do you have a particular kind of elemental that you are calling, or shall I pick one out?

Darian chuckles. "Take it easy there, my friend. Yes, we will try to open the door, but lets not act in a hasty manner. I am sure that there will be safeguards on the door to keep it from being opened by just anyone coming along. Do either one of you know how the door can be opened safely?"

Upon sensing that she was once again being followed, Annika would slip into the alleyways of the city in order to try and lose her secret observer once again. As an added precaution, she used Easily Overlooked Presence Method for a second time.

[Using Easily Overlooked Presence Method for 3m personal essence.]
Health:
-0: 00
-1: 000
-2: 0000
-4: 0
Incapacitated
Personal Essence: 14/17
Peripheral Essence: 31/42

With your preparations complete, Heaven is now ready to begin his summoning ritual. It will take you a total of four hours to complete, and depending on what kind of elemental you try to call will determine how difficult the battle of wills will be. Do you have a particular kind of elemental that you are calling, or shall I pick one out?

Hm...I'll leave the decision up to you.

Aredin seemed to be in thought for a moment before looking to Darian. "Given his past history of rebellion, do you think we'd be able to trust him after memory reformation? I might be able to coerce him into oaths of loyalty, but I'd think the old order would've had that in place before right?" He turned for a moment to look at the pyramid then back to the circle members present. "Well, I guess worst comes to worst, we could strike him down, but that'd be a waste. Already has been a massive waste leaving him locked up for thousands of years." He'd pause to take another glance around their gathering. "By the way, has anyone seen Sirocco or Heaven today? Sirocco told us she found another door last night too." Aredin folded his arms behind his head and chuckled. "As if we didn't have enough work to get to, this place always has one more surprise."

Viktor smiled tightly at Aredin, and placed a hand atop his liege's to show thanks for the supportive words. It was a lot to take in. He - or rather, one of his ancient predecessors - built the massive door waiting beneath the pyramid. Sometimes it was hard for the crafter to remember just how far back into history his Exaltation's experiences stretched, becoming slightly dizzy at the thought. He shook his head to rid himself of the uneasiness, and nodded to Aysik. "Yes, of course. I'll keep that news private unless the Lord and Lady request otherwise."

Sirocco makes her way to the circle Heaven pointed out, her hips moving seductively. She was just teasing him, though she knew that she was rather plain looking. But she got into position, and got herself ready to act, in case things get out of hand.

Heaven's eye twitched as he watched Sirocco's brazen display across the room. As far as the young exalt was concerned, teasing was only acceptable when he was doing it, and as he dwelled on the thought, the matter at hand became unimportant. Nearly. With a chuckle, he followed.

"Someone's in the playful mood, hm?" He asks, sauntering up to his companion. With a smirk, he sat and crossed his legs. "You'll have quite some time to contemplate how I'll pay you back for the show, love. Do try not to fidget too much until then..."

Having been mentioned by Viktor, Aredin merely responded with a dismissive gesture, "No, it's your secret to do with as you wish. I swore to act in your best interests, not butt into your business. Though as a matter of personal advice, I'd be prepared to do whatever you need to do if that information is revealed on its own. There's plenty of agitators outside of our little circle that enjoy making pests out of themselves. May as well expect the worst from them." He finished with a sigh. 'I really hope Mellar finds his way to getting wrecked... party crashing little-' Aredin grumbled internally.

Sirocco smiles knowingly at Heaven. Both of them knew that she had little patience, but when it came to standing guard over him, she would draw upon her reservoir of patience, and do what must be done.

Knowing his partner was done with her teasing, if only for the moment, Heaven nodded. It was time to begin. "Right. It'll be difficult enough to explain everything as I work once, so make sure you're keeping up..."

And with that, Heaven's essence burst forth, reaching out beyond the physical, through the invisible shell of the material plane, to the realms beyond, seeking out his target and calling them to his location. The process was slow, and filled with many, many chanted words (and the occasional glance at his Lunar companion). Time would tell what the result would be.

Upon sensing that she was once again being followed, Annika would slip into the alleyways of the city in order to try and lose her secret observer once again. As an added precaution, she used Easily Overlooked Presence Method for a second time.

[Using Easily Overlooked Presence Method for 3m personal essence.]
It is simple enough for you to slip past the watchers that were following you with your Solar powers. Once more, you make your way to the edge of town where the wall has more of the vines covering it, letting you climb up and over once more. Moving quickly through the foliage at the edge of the city, Annika gets to a small clearing far enough away from the city to be able to once more use the Globe of Transport to return to Rathess.

Do you go straight there, or do you plan on diverting to some other location?

Knowing his partner was done with her teasing, if only for the moment, Heaven nodded. It was time to begin. "Right. It'll be difficult enough to explain everything as I work once, so make sure you're keeping up..."

And with that, Heaven's essence burst forth, reaching out beyond the physical, through the invisible shell of the material plane, to the realms beyond, seeking out his target and calling them to his location. The process was slow, and filled with many, many chanted words (and the occasional glance at his Lunar companion). Time would tell what the result would be.
Four long hours go by as Heaven is in the middle of casting his spell. While it is somewhat boring for Sirocco, you do know that if there is any trouble, it will come at the end of the ritual when the elemental makes its appearance.

Finally, Heaven releases his Essence in a dramatic flash, and the summoning circle lights up as a glowing figure slowly becomes visible. It takes on a roughly humanoid form, but remains transparent, not fully manifested. The air elemental looks at you and says, "It has been a very long time since I have been called forth from the Court of Air, especially when that call comes from one of the Princes of the Earth. Why have you summoned me here, Noble Exalt?"

While not overtly hostile, it seems somewhat curious as to what you might want. What do you say to it?

Darian chuckles. "Take it easy there, my friend. Yes, we will try to open the door, but lets not act in a hasty manner. I am sure that there will be safeguards on the door to keep it from being opened by just anyone coming along. Do either one of you know how the door can be opened safely?"
Dunbar pulls out a book from one of his pockets and shows it to the assembled Exalts. "I believe I do. The Exalt that made the door is known for making other powerful wards and prisons. Several of them have been located and studied, and there is a signature feature that has been included in all of the constructs discovered so far. It is a series of small pressure points that, when pressed, will unlock the door and disarm the wards and traps, making it safe to enter. Of all of us, I believe that you have the best chance of being able to find these points, thanks to your many years of sightlessness. It has made you hone your other senses to such a degree that you should be able to detect them by touch. Once you show me which glyphs stand out to you, I can decipher the pattern as to which ones to press in what order. The door should open up then without any difficulty."

Aysik smiles at his student. "Well done. Well done indeed. It makes me very curious to see what lies inside the chamber. When do you plan on going to investigate it?"

Thinking back to when she first came upon the door, Darian nods slowly. "Yeesssss, I do remember something like that. I was trying to read the runes on the door, and I could feel some spots on the door that stood out to me. That is probably what you are talking about. It shouldn't be difficult to find all these runes you are talking about, and we can then get through the door."

She looks at the others. "Are we going to wait for Annika, Sirocco, and Heaven? Or will it just be us investigating?"

Activating the Globe of Transport once again, this time with her Peripheral Essence, Annika would use it to return to Rathess.

Health:
-0: 00
-1: 000
-2: 0000
-4: 0
Incapacitated
Personal Essence: 14/17
Peripheral Essence: 21/42

"I'll leave that up to you, darling. I'll have your back regardless. Though, I do hope at least Annika can make it. She did find the thing after all." Aredin replied with a gentle squeeze of her hand. "We know Rogosh is in there, but no idea what state he'll be in when the door is opened. I'm going to try and ensure he is pacified, but I can't make any promises. So, be ready to fight if it comes to it."

Heaven stands, smiling proudly at Sirocco before turning his attention to the summoned elemental. "Spirit of the winds, I have summoned you here to...humbly request your service. Your gifts would be of use to myself and my allies, and as such, I seek a contract." He replies, bowing slightly to the transparent creature.

Last edited:
Viktor nods along, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. Whatever waited within, they would face it together. They had succeeded against Filial Wisdom, surely the risk in here had to be less than him...right?

Hearing Viktor's effort to clear his nerves, the young lord would try and soothe his anxiety in a calm voice. "This opponent's no greater than our last. He may have the edge with his mind, but he doesn't have the mettle our last one had, nor the support. He will submit or he will fall." He turned to Viktor and gave a calm smile. "Regardless, let's wait just a little while longer and if none of our allies show up, then we can address this matter ourselves. I wouldn't want to rob them of the chance to participate, after all."

Last edited:
It is mid-morning with many of the Circle outside enjoying the victory when you can see the Globe of Transport come flying back towards the city. Soon, the airship is able to find a convenient spot to settle down and land, and Annika comes climbing out, not too far from everyone. What do you do now that your recon run into Chaing-Dav is over?

In the summoning circle, the air elemental looks out at Heaven. "You seek allies? You speak of a bargain between us? You do not seem to be trying to force me into your servitude, so I must give you some credit for that. What is it that you wish, and in return, what will you provide to me, Noble Exalt? If there is to be a contract, it should be one of mutual benefit."

Darian waves up at the Globe as it comes flying in, trying to get the attention of Annika. "We're down here!" She waits for the airship to land, then gives the other Solar a friendly hug as she approaches. "Good to have you back, even if you weren't gone for long. We were talking about trying to safely open the door that we found inside the Great Pyramid for the possibility that there may just be someone trapped inside still. Care to join us, and you can tell us of your trip and what you have found out?"

After returning Darian's hug, Annika would go and hand the globe of transportation back to Aredin, before passing on her information to the other Solars.

"So I spent a bit of time looking around the place. I was able to get inside easily enough, but the Realm has a fortress there, one that looked like it could hold a garrison of a few hundred people. I can't say for certain, since I wasn't able to get up its walls. I could probably have gotten in by posing as one of the guards and going through the front gate, but that would have taken time to prepare, so I thought I might as well come back here to tell you what I know so far."

She then grimaced. "But that's not the worst part. Because Chaing Dav just so happens to be controlled by the Red Piss Legion."

Aredin seemed to grin at the news, taking a moment to roll around some possibilities in his mind, "Hm... not bad... I'd have hoped for a few more, but this could serve us well. We can handle that another time though. Sirocco found yet another door that was buried, we haven't had a chance to locate it yet. Other than that, we know the Solar that was locked away has reincarnated but the Lunar inside has not. Our plan was to let Darian crack open the seal and see if he can be reasoned with, but just in case, be ready for a fight if it comes to that. Based on our Sidereal allies' intelligence, this shouldn't be as bad as our fight against the Goblin King. This exalt was primarily a sorcerer, and not as focused on personal combat. Still, I have no intention of letting this Rogosh past me to get to any one of you." Aredin looked around to the rest of the circle and did a quick glance to the city's horizon. "Well, I'd say we should be about ready to go pay him a visit and get this over with already. Any objections?"

With no one voicing any objections, the group makes its way to the Great Pyramid of the Sun and head inside, following the path to the locked door. Once there, Dunbar pulls out his book once more. "Darian, I believe that your Essence enhanced senses will be the key to safely unlocking this door." He shows the Zenith the page in his book that he's opened up, and points out four symbols. "These are what you will need to find. You will have to press them in this order, and when you do, focus some of your Essence into the lock. You will be able to feel the change in the contact point once you have put enough Essence into it. I do believe that once you have done this, the door will open safely and we can then investigate the interior to see what this time capsule holds for us to find."

Psychie Psychie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back