• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern They Bite, Alright - OOC

Ah yeah, forgot, the roleplay's kinda like Walking Dead. But I hope not too muich, because I really do not enjoy that show. Feels so cliché. But I see. Then I'll prolly make him someone who works in the subway tunnels.
But thanks!

E: Yeah, I still need to decide. He'll either be one of the other passengers or a train driver.

Unsure what you mean specifically about the show, but I'm mainly following the setting in the comics. It will deviate at some parts that's for sure. My main objective for now is roleplaying a plot around surviving the outbreak, and then as a group we'll decide how things go from there. Zombie media definitely has some cliches, especially the one where no one knows what a zombie is, but if everyone knew what a zombie was, then it'd make it kind of difficult to establish emotional scenes, such as zombies are people too, or that's my daughter, she's not a zombie; as well as the whole disorientation with reality in that the person they once knew is nothing more by something unknown.

Basically, I don't want zombies to be something initially known by the populace even in fiction, which is why I enjoy the Walking Dead's setting.

Unsure what you mean specifically about the show, but I'm mainly following the setting in the comics. It will deviate at some parts that's for sure. My main objective for now is roleplaying a plot around surviving the outbreak, and then as a group we'll decide how things go from there. Zombie media definitely has some cliches, especially the one where no one knows what a zombie is, but if everyone knew what a zombie was, then it'd make it kind of difficult to establish emotional scenes, such as zombies are people too, or that's my daughter, she's not a zombie; as well as the whole disorientation with reality in that the person they once knew is nothing more by something unknown.

Basically, I don't want zombies to be something initially known by the populace even in fiction, which is why I enjoy the Walking Dead's setting.

I am not the biggest fan of the TV series. Feels incredibly cliché and so much feels forced. I prefer the Telltale Game more. Or other zombie games, like Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, to an extent even ObsCure.
I can see where it's fitting. So I get what you mean.

I am not the biggest fan of the TV series. Feels incredibly cliché and so much feels forced. I prefer the Telltale Game more. Or other zombie games, like Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, to an extent even ObsCure.
I can see where it's fitting. So I get what you mean.

Again, I don't understand what you dislike about the show, because I don't know specifically what is cliche and what feels forced, like do you mean the characters, or? I have played the TWD Season 1 and Season 2 games along with state of decay, but that's about it for zombies games.

Again, I don't understand what you dislike about the show, because I don't know specifically what is cliche and what feels forced, like do you mean the characters, or? I have played the TWD Season 1 and Season 2 games along with state of decay, but that's about it for zombies games.
Character wise, with what feels like dumb decisions. Some characters, for me, behave so...irrational. Why would you anger someone when you don't know what they are capable of? Why would you even think like that in a freaking apocalypse? I get that you shouldn't trust everyone, but barely trusting anyone isn't any better.

Character wise, with what feels like dumb decisions. Some characters, for me, behave so...irrational. Why would you anger someone when you don't know what they are capable of? Why would you even think like that in a freaking apocalypse? I get that you shouldn't trust everyone, but barely trusting anyone isn't any better.

I've only watched the first three seasons, so I can't really critique the characters, but remember in that environment there's a lot of stress, tension, and trauma, so people may not act rationally. I would give specifics, but I don't want to spoil the show, or other games. Trust just depends on someone's background and what they've dealt with. In the roleplay, I won't make it go on for a long time, if we get to that the point about trust, but I see it's validity, and why people act differently with trust. I can't guarantee it won't be like the walking dead show with trust and rationality, but I can guarantee that I won't let it drag on.

I hope it won't be 100% like it. I am still watching TWD out of boredom and because I need a good laughter from time to time.

I am still in though. Just don't give me someone who behaves like Shane. He gave me flashbacks from someone who I have considered a friend.

I hope it won't be 100% like it. I am still watching TWD out of boredom and because I need a good laughter from time to time.

I am still in though. Just don't give me someone who behaves like Shane. He gave me flashbacks from someone who I have considered a friend.

Shane from the T.V. show made a whole lot of sense to me though, but in the comics he was heavily underdeveloped. I can't give my word that there won't be a character similar to Shane, but if you're worried about stuff being a trigger, I recommend not participating in this roleplay. I will follow the RPN rules, but there will be dark themes to deal with in this roleplay.

For me, Shane didn't make any sense at all, but again he remembered me of someone who I have once considered a friend. If a Shane will appear, I'll probably just not talk to him. Best solution without dropping out. Or at least when he shows his "Shane-side".

For me, Shane didn't make any sense at all, but again he remembered me of someone who I have once considered a friend. If a Shane will appear, I'll probably just not talk to him. Best solution without dropping out. Or at least when he shows his "Shane-side".

That's fine, but you would need your character to have that similar mindset. Without spoiling, I think it'd be best if you told me what didn't make sense about Shane in a PM, so I can try to convince you about why he did those particular actions you deem "Shane-esque," or you don't have to, it's your choice. It's just, I really don't see how having a character such as Shane would be a detriment to the roleplay, if done correctly and with consent from other roleplayers' characters.

No. I won't tell you why Shane didn't make sense to me, or what his actions were that made him Shane-y.

With that being said. I apologize for wasting your time. I have lost interest in the roleplay.

No. I won't tell you why Shane didn't make sense to me, or what his actions were that made him Shane-y.

With that being said. I apologize for wasting your time. I have lost interest in the roleplay.

Alright, thank you for the discussion. It wasn't a waste of time, since it's good to get other's perspectives.

Well I'm a HUGE fan of the tv show, and I was wondering if it follows a similar logic of "if you die, you come back" (unless it's spoilers and you cant tell me that yet which is totally cool)

If the triple image is too much I can take them out. I just saw an opening for a cute and amusing layout and went for it. LOL.

Okay so here's the thing. I'm wondering if anyone wants to take up the roll of Alex Sullivan (My character's younger brother.) either as a main character or side character. If nobody is interested I'll create him as a side character and play him. Also should note that gender and name are completely changeable! I'd just admittedly enjoy having him controlled by someone else for the most part. ;]

Well I'm a HUGE fan of the tv show, and I was wondering if it follows a similar logic of "if you die, you come back" (unless it's spoilers and you cant tell me that yet which is totally cool)

I won't spoil that, but it's certainly something that's on my mind with developing the story. It would certainly make it more difficult to survive, and give a better apocalypse feel.

Lewisia Lewisia

So will the roleplay be starting from the very beginning? Right when the apocalypse starts? Or will it be starting a few days after the apocalypse has started?

I will check your character later tonight, or tomorrow. The roleplay will pretty much be starting when the outbreak's physical symptoms occur for the first time.

So this is based on TWD comics? Luckily i have them in my laptop. Time to get familiar with them since the show sucked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back