Other There are two types of people on RPNation...

Larry

Your resident on-and-off bibliomaniac!
2gy2io.jpg

OR
2gy2pc.jpg

No offence meant by this post, just wondering how many people define themselves by the first or second category; I definitely go by the second! ;)

I totally go about my day as if the like button doesn't exist. Not to be rude or anything. I just honestly DO forget that it exists!

I USED to tend towards the second one a lot. Almost as if it was a way of life. You could call it.. A way of like.

But now I'm a bit more stingy with what I'll like.

You should also make this into a poll, Larry Larry

If I like something, I’ll . . . give it a like. Whether that’s an opinion I agree with, a thought I find creative or original, or just to show support, I’m not stingy with likes. Mainly because it costs nothing but a click to give one. If I really agree with something, or find it witty, that’s either a love or a creative most of the time. I don’t really think about it much, I’m just aware that the feature is there and is another way to interact with someone’s post instead of replying. I wouldn’t say I like everything, but I definitely don’t see my likes as something that needs to be bestowed upon the few and fortunate or given sparingly or anything. If I like it, have a cookie.

I used to be a lot stingier with likes, but ever since the other ratings were introduced, I treat likes almost like a "I come in peace". While I don't intend them that way, the way I speak often comes off as antagonistic or condescendic or overly serious, so I like giving likes as one of the ways to make sure I am not trying to be like that. I also sometimes gives likes to show support with mild disagreement, or to because I like a comment but don't entirely stand behind it or only like it hesitantly and on occasion just to be nice :)

For more picky stuff I use follows, hearts, and the other ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back