• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Very Best (A Pokemon Roleplay) [CLOSED]

T
Created at
Index progress
Complete

A roleplay set in the World of Pokemon and full of adventure.

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It’s been 15 years since Red took apart Team Rocket and became the Champion of Kanto before disappearing off the grid entirely. Since then everything’s been pretty peaceful. But new threats are rising. In Kanto, a group claiming to be the new Team Rocket is starting to surface. Meanwhile, in Hoenn, two splinter cells of the old Team Rocket, completely independent of each other, have begun to enact plans to bring about their own machinations. If left unchecked these threats could potentially spell doom for the world, or at least their regions.

Luckily, several young (and maybe old) trainers just happen to be in the right places at the right times to stop these growing menaces. But there’s just one real question. How the heck are they gonna do that?

GM Notes

Heyo there lads and lassies. It's BackSet here with GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205 (sorry I made the Interest Check without you. I'm impatient and we both know that) making presenting a Pokemon roleplay of (hopefully) epic proportions. This roleplay is gonna be a bit different from the normal roleplays I (and presumably Kitty) put together. You see, instead of having just one plot in a single thread, this roleplay is gonna split into two concurrent plots, each with their own thread. One takes place in Kanto where a group of trainers will be fighting Neo Team Rocket. Meanwhile, in Hoenn, a different group of trainers will be working to take down Teams Aqua and Magma. I will be the first to admit that this is largely so I can use both of my Pokemon OCs (one of which is kind of similar to a canon protagonist but is still different. I'll get into that later).

Anyway, here are the rules, regulations, and facts.

-At least a paragraph. And no, a line and a sentence of dialogue don't count as a paragraph.
-No Legendares. This goes without saying but some people simply don't know when to quit.
-No overpowered Pokemon teams. I'd suggest limiting yourself to just one fully evolved Pokemon to curb any possible overpoweredness.
-Battles will be cinematic akin to anime battles. As such, all pvp battles will be decided ahead of time by a die roll.
-This roleplay takes cues from multiple sources (the games, the anime, and the Pokemon Adventures manga) feel free to mix and match at your liesure.
-No taking over other people's characters.
-You are allowed to have a maximum of two characters, one per thread. This is to prevent anybody having their characters purely interact with just each other (of course, there's always the possibility of the two plot threads converging via wacky hijinks. If that happens this all becomes moot but even then I'm still enforcing only two characters, one per thread).
-No gijinkas.
-If you have any ideas that might be comsidered out of the ordinary by the in universe standards (talking Pokemon, talking too Pokemon, prophecy powers, etc.) pm me and Kitty and we'll sort out whether or not you can have it or not. Remember to have a reason ready.
-There are a few rules that are not here that might end up here later after I remember them. Don't be surprised if I suddenly realize a rule that isn't here. Sorry.
-don't be an ass. Just because your character's a cynical meanie doesn't mean you have to be.
-Have fun and stay awesome!

I'll be keeping an eye on this, but I don't want to commit just yet and spread myself too thin. Question: Can I play an Isekai character should my schedule free up to where I can join?

I am interested, but apart from the suggestion of 1 fully evolved Pokemon on a team and no legendary Pokemon, are there any other restrictions on what our trainers can have in a team?

I'll be keeping an eye on this, but I don't want to commit just yet and spread myself too thin. Question: Can I play an Isekai character should my schedule free up to where I can join?
No way. Sorry.
I am interested, but apart from the suggestion of 1 fully evolved Pokemon on a team and no legendary Pokemon, are there any other restrictions on what our trainers can have in a team?
Not really, no. Obviously don't make up Pokemon that don't exist but otherwise no.

I'll also keep an eye out here! I've only really played up to Black, but I don't think it should be a big problem if we have dealings in Kanto/Hoenn mostly?

I'll also keep an eye out here! I've only really played up to Black, but I don't think it should be a big problem if we have dealings in Kanto/Hoenn mostly?
It's mostly ORAS Hoenn but ORAS Hoenn isn't that different compared to RSE Hoenn (it's better in my opinion) so yeah it should be fine.

Also: behold, Handsome Archie:

latest

It's mostly ORAS Hoenn but ORAS Hoenn isn't that different compared to RSE Hoenn (it's better in my opinion) so yeah it should be fine.

Also: behold, Handsome Archie:

latest

ORAS Hoenn I can roll with. I never had a 3DS for awhile so ended up looking up a lot of stuff.

What a glow-up from R/S/E.

Hello, I am interested, but I'm fairly new to the rp scene so certain terms (like dice role, no clue what that is) I'm not really too sure about. I'm would love to join, if you'll have me.

Also, I haven't played Alpha and Omega, will that be an issue? I played Ruby and Saphire and know Hoen pretty well, unless there are some major differences I won't have an issue.

Hello, I am interested, but I'm fairly new to the rp scene so certain terms (like dice role, no clue what that is) I'm not really too sure about. I'm would love to join, if you'll have me.

Also, I haven't played Alpha and Omega, will that be an issue? I played Ruby and Saphire and know Hoen pretty well, unless there are some major differences I won't have an issue.
You should be fine. I can explain things pretty well to anyone who needs explaining things (well, Pokemon things at least). I myself haven't played many games pre platinum. I also haven't played BW or USUM.

And a dice roll is just rolling a die. You know, like in a board game.

And a dice roll is just rolling a die. You know, like in a board game.

Yes, I see, but where do we play it? On a shared website? Will you determine it? And what will qualify for a dice roll in a pvp battle? Also, can we start out with only one pokemon? Be a beginner pokemon trainer? Also, and I swear this is just a curiosity, but if presented with the chance to catch a legendary, though an organic story line...... (don't kick me out.....)

Yes, I see, but where do we play it? On a shared website? Will you determine it? And what will qualify for a dice roll in a pvp battle? Also, can we start out with only one pokemon? Be a beginner pokemon trainer? Also, and I swear this is just a curiosity, but if presented with the chance to catch a legendary, though an organic story line...... (don't kick me out.....)
Hmmm... give me a sec. I'm gonna answer these one at a time.

1. We play it here. On rpn.
  2. I will not determine it. Both players roll a die. Whoever gets the higher number wins the battle.
  3. And yeah, you can play as a beginning Pokemon trainer and can start out with only one Pokemon (one of my two characters only has one Pokemon). I would kind of like to keep the age range in the teens here because the idea of adults working with 11 year olds is kind of awkward to me.
  4. That last one... I don't really have an answer to that. We'll figure it out as we go along. Don't forget, this is collaborative so ot moght be a good idea to discuss with everyone ooc (out of character) if it get's to that point.

okay, thanks for clearing all of that up. I would love to join and be a part of this rp. How long are we going to wit before starting?
Just waiting until there's a decent nukber of people (speaking of which, I should probably change the thread title to something better. It doesn't exactly describe the rp too well.)

So... while we wait anyone have an idea for a better title? The current one doesn't really make sense when put along with the premise.

Hmmm... I 'may' have one, but it's probably a bit long...

Pokemon: Dilemma of Rocket and Two Regions

Pokemon Gun

Hm, it's hard to think of one without it sounding too cheesy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back