• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Tyrant King (closed)

So tell me does this sound interesting? Do you think that this rp could be something big?

• YES! YES! and YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe but needs some work

• .....no

• Total voters
@Archangel Galdrael Ah my trusty advisor, welcome to the dark side! > :D We have cookies. :)

@StoneWolf18 Alright, that would be fine. I'm thinking that somewhere far along the way, the king would start making up lies when telling where attacks would occur, in order to try and weed out traitors. That might be interesting, I'd think!

Oooo, I could see him doing that. It would definitely make it more interesting

Now I'm really hyped for this RP if you can't already tell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Archangel Galdrael ...Nah, we're running low! *proceeds to eat all the cookies* My character's gonna be such a jerk. xD

@StoneWolf18 Me too!!! But we need more rebels, man!!

@animegirl20 Also, I went back and read the first post... My nurse, is gonna be a witch nurse! Yes, that would be fun!! Just a few healing potions and stuff, not a lot either since she would be pretty poor.

I'd have two characters if possible, The Advisor and an incredibly powerful noble, who despises the King, but isn't apart of the rebellion yet.

I'm coming up with ideas for my character now. How about he's always really idolized his older brother (the king) and is very loyal to him, but as the story progresses he starts to have doubts and become more disillusioned?

tsundere said:
I'm coming up with ideas for my character now. How about he's always really idolized his older brother (the king) and is very loyal to him, but as the story progresses he starts to have doubts and become more disillusioned?
Yeah, and I assume the sister would help plant the seed out doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasterOfTides said:
@Archangel Galdrael Just don't make him too powerful!!
Eh, he'd be powerful enough to be a serious threat for the King, politically and militarily.

But the King is still the most powerful, unless my noble joins the rebellion, which I may not even have...

Imagine that?

Rebellion vs Tyrant King vs Powerful Noble.

If anything, I don't know who the hell the Noble will side with, maybe the King, rebellion, or neither. Guess it depends on interactions within the RP.

Alright, since I basically have no one on my side except for the advisor and @Archangel Galdrael

Additionally! A powerful noble would NOT side against the king, as the king would be a major reason the noble is powerful anyway. Logic, actually, because the king supports the rich much more than he does the poor.

MasterOfTides said:
Alright, since I basically have no one on my side except for the advisor and @Archangel Galdrael

Additionally! A powerful noble would NOT side against the king, as the king would be a major reason the noble is powerful anyway. Logic, actually, because the king supports the rich much more than he does the poor.
My character will probably be on the king's side for a good chunk of the story.

Keep in mind, the King still has the whole royal army at his behest, and the most power in the realm. Sure, the sibling duo are a threat only inside castle walls...

Where is the fun in that? Wouldn't it be more dramatic, and exciting to have an open uprising. Court intrigue alone is boring, more fun to have it with open battles outside of walls as the whole country goes into chaos in my opinion.

And actually, many nobles would rise against their kings, since the king isn't the reason they may be powerful. The Kings father may have been the reason. The king is a tyrant, cruel, malicious and evil, what if the noble is just, and fair? What if he's ambitious and wants the crown? We could go back and forth, but it comes down to @animegirl20 and her opinion.

@StoneWolf18[/URL] Me too!!! But we need more rebels, man!!

@animegirl20 Also, I went back and read the first post... My nurse, is gonna be a witch nurse! Yes, that would be fun!! Just a few healing potions and stuff, not a lot either since she would be pretty poor.
ok yeah thats fine

@animegirl20[/URL] and her opinion
actually I'm ok with that

wait my post looks weird

Well alright, although the king heavily supports the nobles. Seriously. He's just using the supernaturals as scapegoats in order to convince the poor people that he is trying to help them. Maybe if he wanted the crown, then he could be working against both the rebels and the king even though he's being all nice and persuasive towards the rebels to use them to achieve his goals. I don't know, but I just know I don't really want him too powerful... The king would do his best to keep the nobles limited in their own power and to have their support. I think that's how it would go, anyway. I'm just sweating at the thought of multiple serious threats.

@animegirl20 Okay, but don't blame me if I fail at keeping all the "serious threats" at bay. x-x

MasterOfTides said:
Well alright, although the king heavily supports the nobles. Seriously. He's just using the supernaturals as scapegoats in order to convince the poor people that he is trying to help them. Maybe if he wanted the crown, then he could be working against both the rebels and the king even though he's being all nice and persuasive towards the rebels to use them to achieve his goals. I don't know, but I just know I don't really want him too powerful... The king would do his best to keep the nobles limited in their own power and to have their support. I think that's how it would go, anyway. I'm just sweating at the thought of multiple serious threats.
@animegirl20 Okay, but don't blame me if I fail at keeping all the "serious threats" at bay. x-x
oh yeah the nobles are not more powerful then the king

Oh by the way my character at the moment is on the king side

MasterOfTides said:
You misunderstand, the noble isn't a God who can walk into the capital and usurp the crown, it isn't as simple as that. I've already said the noble is NOT as powerful, just powerful enough to be considered a serious threat, if he was a small threat what would there be to play? If it makes you feel better, I will have the noble go solo, and oppose the rebels and king, so it isn't too unfair. Currently, he is the only major threat militarily, all the King's other threats are politically, so it's quite balanced out. Also, a tyrant is a tyrant, the noble is just, and ambitious.

@Archangel Galdrael Oh that's not what I understood it to be at all. I didn't think he was a God, or as powerful, but I what I did think of him being would be one of the most powerful nobles so that while more and more are going against the king, he has less powerful support to back him up as well. It's a situation that makes me a bit uncomfortable, as I am not very used to almost every playable character turning against my own. x-x That concept just has godmodding potential, in my own opinion.

MasterOfTides said:
@Archangel Galdrael Oh that's not what I understood it to be at all. I didn't think he was a God, or as powerful, but I what I did think of him being would be one of the most powerful nobles so that while more and more are going against the king, he has less powerful support to back him up as well. It's a situation that makes me a bit uncomfortable, as I am not very used to almost every playable character turning against my own. x-x That concept just has godmodding potential, in my own opinion.
There is nothing godmodding about it, it just makes it more challenging for your character to hold onto power. You ARE the tyrant king after all, the odds are - rightly - stacked against you. Not to mention you already mentioned how most nobles would NOT oppose the king. So why would he be losing more support? I'd see it as being pretty balanced. It wouldn't be fair on the others if you were just one huge power house while everyone else is just a minor threat.

Hm, yeah, you have a point there. I guess I don't realize how much power the king actually has. I've just played a role where I did have soooo much power it seemed, but every playable character was against me and so all that power was easily lost. I think I'm just saying now that I'd be more assured if more characters were on my side. Maybe that's all I need. Your character can be a threat, sure, I'm fine with it. I just need more people on the king's side to balance out the for/against concept when it comes to playable characters.

Hey, I'm with you too, don't forget I'm also your trusty advisor.

You currently have at least 3 people with you.

Your brother,

Your Advisor,

And your Knight Commander.

I know that, though that's a defense inside the castle walls. Happy to have it, but I'd like a powerful noble to be on my side too, some knights, maybe I'd even have a wife who was 100% with me. And I'm meaning playable characters who are created by others, not side. Yes, but two of those are 50/50. I won't have their support forever.

ok so we got that settled. sorry I'm not talking much got a lot of things to take care of but listen up I will make a list about whose on what side. don't for get though during the rp th characters can change sides. so ANYTHING can happen just a reminder and not knowing everything will be just as fun. I'm not sure if my character will ever change I'm just going to role with it.

Wouldn't you be managing your own army outside castle walls?

And my Advisor is pretty damn loyal. And I'll make him a damn good advisor at that.

MasterOfTides said:
I know that, though that's a defense inside the castle walls. Happy to have it, but I'd like a powerful noble to be on my side too, some knights, maybe I'd even have a wife who was 100% with me. And I'm meaning playable characters who are created by others, not side. Yes, but two of those are 50/50. I won't have their support forever.
actually the king is not married but he can fall in love you can even make him a womanizer

Right, right... I'd just like some guarantees, you know? More long-term, like you just said: "I'm not sure if my character will change sides." It's better than: "I think that later, my character will be agaisnt the king."

My character will have some severe trust issues, though, so I'm sure he wouldn't follow his adviser's advice all the time. And hm, he's not too great with treating people properly so I doubt he'd be able to become a womanizer. The dude will probably have a multitude of flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back