• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Trouble of Fate

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Mike thought about what she said before answering her question. "Not really. Since I was small, I've always be pretty responsible. My parents usually took turns at work to take care of me. They hate babysitters, so I never had one. When I got Allen I was almost five, he's my brother from my mom and her second husband. I helped watched him and have been doing that the more siblings I get. I even helped deal with the pregnancies." He chuckled.

Hailey smiled. "Sounds like it is something you are pretty good at then." she says. She sighed a little, she was enjoying just walking and talking with him, but her house was in view now. She almost paused though when she saw Josh standing out on the front porch, leaning against one of the support posts with his arms crossed. She glanced to Mike, smikring a little. "When one of your younger sisters come home with a stange guy after making you worry sick becuase they're getting back later than they said they would and it is dark, and you thought they would be alone...don't get to mad." she says teasingly, smiling a little more like she did earlier in the day, though it was much more genuine in this moment than it was a majority of the day.

Mike tilted his head a little confused, "I don't think I can promise that." He told her but not sure why she was saying that. He looked around when he saw a guy outside waiting for something. He could only guess it was for her and he understood. "Ahhhh." He stated, "I completely know I can't promise that." He chuckled as they got closer.

Hailey smirked a little and then looked over to Josh. "What are you looking at?" she called over to him.

"My dumbass sister thats what." He mutters, seeming almost bored. Hailey knew she was the only one who could tell how stressed he was.

"Meanie." She calls back. He just shrugged as if it couldn't be helped.

"You should have taken the car like I told you to." he says as if that was the solution to it all.

"You told me to take the car? I must not have heard you with you head up in the light socket." She says with a smirk. Jsoh just rolled his eyes and then looked to Mike, he narrowed his eyes a little and then came down the three steps off the porch and moved to Mike.

"I'm Josh, thanks for walking this bozo home." he says, casting Hailey a glare as he took her arm and pulled her away from Mike and slightly behind him. "And you are?" he asks, looking back to Mike.

Mike smirked, "Michael, we have a few classes together." He shrugged then looked at Hailey, "Thanks for stopping by, I'll see you tomorrow at school." Then turned to Josh, "Guess I'll see you around." He told him before he backed up and turned to leave. But stopped for a moment and turned to Hadley again, "Still think you would look good in a scarf though." He commented before leaving.

Hailey smirked a little and to her suprise blushed a little. Maybe she would have to give that a try. She heard Josh sigh and looked to him, grinning as she knew what he was about to do.

"Hey Michael." He called out to get his attention before Mike had even gotten a few steps. "Let me drive you home. It's late and it's the least I can do since you were gentleman enough to walk my sister home." He says, moving to get the car.

Mike wasn't sure if he wanted to do that, but he knew better then to reject the offer. "OK, thanks." He said, hesitate before he started towards the same directing as Josh.

Hailey watched them both curiously, having retreated up onto the porch. The car was just parked in the drive way and Josh had climbed in and was waiting for Mike. She waved a little to Mike.

"Sorry. I'll see you tomorrow." She says. Opting to wait outside until they had left. She figured that was probably going to be a pretty awkward ride.

Mike got in the car and leaned back with a sigh. "So, you go to the university?" He asked knowing the answer. Hailey kind of made it obvious but he still thought he should try to be nice and ask.

Josh nodded. "Yeah." he says. He seemed like he wanted to say something else, and he did. But he was also trying very hard not to be the over protective big brother. "Look, I'm sorry if this is weird for you, but I really do feel like I should since you did bring my sister all the way back." he says simply. "Tell me where to drop you off." he adds after a moment. He figured if Hailey thought it was close enough to walk they should be getting pretty close.

Mike smirked, noticing that look, "There." He pointed to the blue over sized house. "I get it though, I have three little sisters, you are probably not thinking of half the things I would." He smirked, as he noticed the window and smiled. "Guess it was good though, that you are dropping me off."

Josh couldn't help smirking a little. "No, I am probably not. The one you'd have to worry about is Brody." he says. He pulled up to the drive way, glancing over to Mike. "I would hate to have to keep you away from your family longer than needed." he sighed a little and then smirked. "And knowing Hailey, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around." he adds.

Mike smirked as he notice the door open, "I'll keep that in mind." He said as Mai and Max came out and Preston and Dem stood at the door. "Thanks again." He said before stepping out, Mai ran to him and hugged him tight as if he had been gone for days. He chuckled as she did, before leading them all back inside.

Josh smiled a little as he waited to make sure all of them were inside before pulling the car out and going back to his own house. When he arrived he saw Hailey sitting at the table, she had set everything up and when she heard him come in she jumped to her feet. "I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that. I still get food though right? It's been torture sitting here and smelling it and not being able to eat any." she says. Josh just chuckled a little and motioned ofr her to sit as he sat beside her.

"You didn't eat your breakfast and you probably didn't have lunch again, I have to make sure you get at least one meal today." he says gently.

"Thank god." she says quietly, her mouth starting to water as she dug into the food on her plate. "I did have lunch though, Isaac gave me some chips and Mike gave me a sandwich." she says. Josh looked to her curiously.

"Really? Well that was nice of him." he says. He sighed a little and began to eat. "Oh, before I forget, kendra is bringing her fiance this weekend." he adds. Hailey smiled.

"Really? Aw! I love that guy. That's so exciting. I'll have to meet Isaac and Miles and Mike at the library though to finish a group project we were working on though." She says. Josh just nodded a little.

"Alright, just try to be quick okay?" he says and Hailey nodded in agreement as she stuffed more food in her mouth.

Mike made sure they all were in bed and did their homework like he was supposed to before he laid down and thought about today. He meet a few interesting people and made some...'friends'. He figured this place wasn't that bad after all.

The next day Hailey managed to wake up on time, though she sort of had to. It was her day to drive and pick up Isaac.

When they got to school she had a few minutes to meet up with her team, all of them as excited as she was for then tournament. Even if it wasn't exactly a game that counted towards the season. By the time first class was starting she was stil a minute or two late, having been distracted by her team and Isaac.

Mike sighed as meet up with Miles, who pretty much forced the paper on his face. He read through it as they got to class. Miles had managed to announce Mike's appearance and even some things that he didn't know Miles knew. Like the fact that he spoke two other languages. At least it didn't state why he knew them. He sighed, laying his head down as Miles apologized briefly.

As Hailey walked into the class room she looked at Miles and Mike curiously but quickly put the pieces together when she saw the paper. She took her place in the back, which was just behind the two boys. "If it makes you feel better, you can read some of the old issues and know that people will forget about this. Except maybe the girls who are already drooling over you." She whispers so only they could hear.

"Ms. Zerks if you have something to say it had better be for the whole class." The teacher says, catching her talking. She sat back in her seat and fought her smile.

"No Sir. Sorry Mr. Jenkins." She says. He just sighed and turned back to whatever he was teaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike smirked with his head down. He was grateful for that but he wasn't sure the girls drooling was a good point. He wrote down, Girls drooling, not a up lifting thought. I honestly don't see why, pretty sure I came off as an ass yesterday. He folded the paper before looking up to make sure the teacher wasn't watching before passing it over Miles to Hailey.

Hailey couldn't help smirking. She and Isaac had passed notes all the time in middle school. And she didn't care if it made her a child to enjoy it still. She opened the note and smiled a little. You're attractive, why else? Not every girl in high school is smart enough to know an ass when they meet one. She writes back. She realized that maybe he didn't know her well enough to realize she was being sarcastic so she added a laughing smiley face at the end just in case. She waited until the teacher's back was to them and then passed it back to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike smirked as he read the note, keeping in a chuckled. He looked up and made sure he knew what was going on before going back to the note. He wrote, It less you do, can't image the drool coming from you being appealing to watch. But I'm sure being attractive isn't something that appeases for drool. He looked up again and watched before handing her the note.

Hailey had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing. She just shook her head a little and couldn't help smiling. Don't worry, I wouldn't be drooling over you. What about the girl to you left making cow eyes at you? She asks with a smirk. The girl to his left was one she did not care for. Drawing Mike's attention to her while she was staring at him like she was would be kind of funny. She waited for the right moment and then passed it back to him.

Mike looked at the note,before glancing at the girl Hailey mention. He noticed her eyeing him before, but he didn't think she would be watching him, but she was. He sighed, as he wrote, I don't like girls that are so small.I don't mind short,but too skinny is like holding a stick. BTW, I have two extra sandwiches, an apple and some water, hope you can finish all that. he smirked as he looked up, when it came time he passed the note to Hailey, noticing the girl more and she didn't seem to like seeing Hailey and him exchanging notes.

Hailey took the note and smiled a little. She couldn't help looking to the girl and winking a little. The girl let out an annoyed huff and turned her attention back to the teacher. Checking periodically to see if Hailey and Mike were really still passing notes. She looked back to the note. You didn't have to do that you know. But thanks.

She felt like she should write more than that. She didn't understand why he was being so considerate to a girl he had just met. She looked back up and waited to pass the note as the teacher turned to face the class to speak. When he finally turned back to write on the board she passed the note.

Mike looked at it and smirked, My father is a lawyer and my step-mother is a CEO, they won't notice and besides, chips will make you fat, j/k.(half). He looked up and waited, glad this teacher was more into writing on the board then anything else. So, he passed the note to Hailey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back