• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Trouble of Fate

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Matreania

Expect the unexpected, it expects you
Mike walked down the stairs and smirked as Michelle was finishing setting up a bowl for him on the counter. Oatmeal with a toast on the side and the fork to keep the toast from sliding into the oatmeal. The toast was buttered and ready as usual, Mike knew she would but it was a little odd, not being a weekend. The whole thing with his ex was stupid and he hated that he had to move just because of it. But he guessed it wouldn’t be that bad, Mia ad Max were great distractions from his father, Dem was always into something to get attention and Preston was easy to get along with, he didn’t say much.

Mike got his bowl and sat on eth table, usually he had to be told to seat on eth table by his father, but today was the first day of school, last thing he wanted to do was go to school more annoyed then he was sure his father would make him, shortly. Mike sat and started to eat, smiling when Mia passed him her toast. She wasn’t big on toast, she wasn’t good with beard at all, but sometimes she had no choice. Max smiled at him, “Are you nervous?”

Mike shrugged, “New kid at school isn’t too new to me. Try a new dad every few years.” he teased, Ban cleared his throat; catching Mike’s rolling eyes. Ban was territorial, Mike’s mother had never got Mike to call anyone dad but him, but Mike did it sometimes, since he was with his mother’s new boyfriend more and it was just the normal thing to do for him, after a while. Michelle was more of a weekend mom, so he just called her by her name that was just how things got.

“Well, you don’t have to worry about that. One of my friends from work as a kid going to school there.” Michelle reminded Mike, she had said it a few times and he was really starting to get the point that he was supposed to at least hang out with the guy for a few days.

“Yeah, there is that.” Mike said, as he got his phone out.

“Put that way.” His father ordered.

Mike half groaned, “I’m just texting mom. It’s weird not at least to hear from her in the morning before school.” He rolled his eyes again.

“You have thirty second.” Ban told him, continuing to eat and so did everyone else. Mike was already annoyed with his father, as he texted his mother Morning, hope your morning is better than mine, Love you! He returned his phone to his pocket and ate, wanting to leave as soon as possible for school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hailey had over slept, as usual, and was rushing downstairs to where her school bag was and where she could maybe get something to eat. To her relief Josh had stayed the night like he said he would, which meant she would actually get breakfast. She wasn't much for cooking and she wasn't motivated enough to search the refrigerator for one of the microwaveable meals her mother usually left for her.

"You're going to be late." Josh says as she reached the kitchen, eggs and toast were sitting out for her and Hailey smiled. She went to him and kissed his cheek before grabbing the food. "Oh and Isaac has been sitting outside waiting for you for the last ten minutes." He adds.

"Fuck..." Hailey mutters as she grabbed the toast and then rushed out the door.

"Language Hailey!" Joshua called out after her as she went to the pick up truck parked in their drive way.

"Sorry Izzy," she says as she gets into Isaac's car. He smiled and shook his head a little.

"Did you oversleep again?" He asks. She nodded her head and he laughed as they drove to the school.

Mike sighed as he looked out of teh car, his step-mother was going to be late, she had announce, but it was cool that she at least gave him a ride, instead of his father. He looked at Michelle, "Thanks." he told her.

Michelle bite her lip, "Mike, would you mind watching the kids tonight?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

She smiled at him, of course he would, he did it all the time at his mom's and he really liked it. "Good, Mia has to be in bed at twenty thirty, but have her bathed by twenty hundred. Everyone needs to be in bed at twenty one hundred and done with their homework." Mike couldn't help but smirk, of course they did. It was his father's thing to use military time, but they all went by it, it was easier then translating it for his father or even translation their father. So, he understood and nodded, before getting out with a smirk.

He sighed as he started to the front door a guy came up to him, after talking with some girl, "Hey, wait up." he said, "Geez, you walk fast."

Mike looked at him slightly confused, "Yeah?"

"Miles." he introduced himself, "Our mom's work together." he stuck his hand out to shake Mike's.

Mike took it as he corrected, "My step-mother works with your mom." he said.

"Oh, right, yeah." Miles smirked, as Mike started back to walking. Miles rushing to walk beside him, "So, I'll take you to the office for your schedule."

Mike pulled a paper from his pocket, "But it last Friday."

Miles looked surprised, "Really?"

"My father was military, he likes to be prepared for anything." Mike stated, putting the paper back in his pocket, I just like being ready." he said.

Miles shrugged, ""So, I'll help you to class."

Mike smirked, "Military remember. I know my classes already." he chuckled, "But you can come with me, if your mom is really making this a big deal."

"Cool, thanks."

Hailey and Isaac got to school just as the first class was starting. Hailey thanked Isaac, kissed him on the cheek and then ran inside to try to get to her first class. She walked in as quietly as she could, noting the teacher had already started, and then took her seat in the back, also noting that there was a student she did not recognize there. That alone caught her attention and she decided that maybe after class she would talk to them and try to find out who they were.

Mike spotted a girl coming in late, he sighed to himself, Miles sat at the desk beside him. Snow. That girl just reminded him of snow, he looked snow. He went back to listening, but was quickly bored, again. Being the new kid wasn't really the problem, but the way half the girls looked at him, half the guys measured him and how obviously the teachers got a look at his record. That was bugging him, he h had been in a lot of fights in school, half he started but half he was just defending himself. It wasn't his fault that his father and he bonded over training. It was the only thing Ban and he could do without fighting about together, but it also quickly became their thing. Ban didn't train his other sons, gave them pointers, even the girls got that much, but when it actually came to military combat, Mike was the only one. He sighed, this should be an interesting year, his parents prom picture was in the hallway sport case. He wasn't sure how that was going to effect his mood.

Hailey propped her elbows up on her desk and then rested her chin on her hands. She was exhausted. She had been with the soccer club until 6pm and then did her homework which she put off, but then she wanted to draw, so she drew until the early hours of the morning. Though she tried getting to sleep by 1:30. But she needed a lot of sleep to function correctly. She sighed. The class seemed to take forever, not that she didn't like the subject but it was still taking forever.

When the bell finally rang she was over joyed to be moving at least a little again. She gathered up her stuff and then approached Miles and Mike. Miles she knew from Isaac taking a photos now and then for the school paper. "Hey Miles." She says, she would have said hello anyway, she liked greeting people she knew.

Mile looked up at Hailey as he was about to get to his feet and smiled at her, "Hey, Hailey." he turned to Mike, "Michael with is Hailey,s he's on the soccer team. She's our top scorer but coach doesn't like playing her too much because she cane really get into the game." he smirked.

Mike nodded to Hailey, "Hey. I have to get to class, so nice outfit, my mother would have added a scarf, but it works." he said, before he started to leave the room.

Miles smiled at Hailey, "He's more to himself."

Hailey smirked a little and then shrugged. "So I've noticed. He's new right? Must be hard." she says. She had to get to her next class too though. "I think Izzy is coming by later with some photos, he's my ride so I'll be there too." she says with a light laugh. "Oh and our club as a tournament tomorrow if you want to come." she adds in a friendly manner before waving good bye to get to her next class.

A scarf huh? she wasn't much for wearing scarves or anything around her neck except for the small pendent that hung there now. She smiled a little to herself and went to her next class, which was history. She smiled when she saw Isaac and took her spot next to him

"Hey Izzy, I hope I didn't make you too late." she says with a smirk as she reached into her bag to pull out her history notebook, which had more doodles and drawings in it than it did history notes.

"Nope, I made it just in time." he answers with a grin. Hailey smiled and glanced to him just as he took a suprise picture of her with his phone. She rolled her eyes and then smiled again. He had a thing wehre he liked to get a suprise shot of her, mostly to make fun of whatever face she happened to be making at the time.

Miles smiled, leaving after her, that sounded like something he could really get into. He spotted Mike half way to the end of the hall and started to run. Mike was fast enough when he was beside him, now he was ahead of him and there was no way he could catch up if he walked. "Hey, wait up."

Mike looked back at him, he stopped, not sure why he had to have a friend so soon, but he would deal with it."

"So, what do you think....about Hailey?" Miles asked, as he walked beside Mike.

Mike shrugged, "What should I think, she has some style, but her outfit really might be better with a scarf. My mom is a fashion editor, so she brings home designs all teh time."

"Really?" Miles asked, "So, you are like a fashion expert?"

"No. I just have an eye for little things, like the fact that your jacket is two shades lighter then your shirt, but they still kind of work." he shrugged.

"Well, what did you think of the girl? Pretty right?"

Mike shrugged, "Yeah, I guess. Honestly I couldn't see her as anything else. She's not really my type, too....bright." he stated before going into the next class, Leaving Miles stunned in the hallway at what he just said.

The first bit of the day was long. Hailey needed to fidget constantly to keep herself awake. And she was hungry. By her last class before lunch she ended up drawing in her notebook. The only person who ever saw her drawings was Isaac. She had been informed that they were too dark, and so she was afraid to show people. But Isaac understood.

Finally the bell was signaling that it was time for lunch and she couldn't be more thrilled as she made her way to the cafeteria. She had enough money for a side food maybe, otherwise she could just get food from Isaac and who ever else they ate with. As she entered she looked around for familiar faces. There were of course the guys and girls in her soccer club, the girls on her actual soccer team, a few people she liked from her art class, but she was more looking for Isaac or Miles.

Mike had an odd day, it was the first of school, but he already had a girl flirt with him in class,which he didn't understand.Maybe it was just the fact that he wasn't used to this place but he really hoped that was the last of those events.He sighed as he got into the cafeteria, the first thing he saw was Miles. Did this kid ever just stop and relax? Or did he even have any other....did he have friends? "Hey, our classes must be somewhat the same distance." Miles smirked then motioned Mike to a table, "We can seat there. Usually I eat outside, but it's a little warm outside and that could be a headache."

Mike nodded,"Fine." he said, following Miles. His mother always packed his lunch, so he was used to that, Mike packed his own today, which wasn't hard, since he had done it before a few times. So he was good at just taking care of himself.

"So, how as it been going?" Miles asked.

"Fine." Mike shrugged as he started to take his lunch out of his backpack, "Got my first threat, so that was new."

"From who?" Miles asked curiously, it was his thing to know everything so he had o know this.

"Some girl, a junior or sophomore. Her brother is going to teach me manners." he shrugged, before started to eat.

Hailey spotted Miles, and started to head that way, but at the same time Isaac came up behind her, poking her sides, and eliciting a suprised yelp from her. She turned around and raised her hand as if she were going to hit him or something but he just laughed. Hailey rolled her eyes and then walked further in with him.

"Where are we sitting today?" He asks.

"Wherever you want." Hailey says. Isaac sighed and rolled his eyes. All the tables were pretty full.

"How about with Miles?"

"That's fine." She says, following him over to that table.

"May we join you?" Isaac asks as he took a seat beside Miles anyway. Hailey rolled her eyes. Unlike her, Isaac was the type of person everyone liked and seemed to get along with no matter what. She took a seat between Isaac and Mike a little hesitantly since Isaac hadn't actually waited for a response.

She found herself looking around, not sure what to do since she wasn't eating. She would have to remember to either bring money or pack a lunch the night before. "Here," Isaac says, handing her a small bag of chips.

"Ooh, yum, my favorite." She says, kissing his cheek and then opening the chips, her hesitation about sitting without permission gone as she got a little bit of food.

Miles smirked, "Mike this is Isaac, the ever so pushy one, you meet Hailey, the ever so I-don't-bring-lunch one." he teased.

Mike sighed nodding to Isaac for a moment before he switched seats so he was seating across, he passed her one of his sandwiches, "I suggest you try it quickly." he said as he watched a guy that was the very definition of jock starting their way, with the girl that threatened him earlier. He looked at them, "So, what do you know about him?" he motioned to the guy walking towards him.

Miles looked,"Anthony Wile, football jock."he sated, "A big fighter, but as one of the star players, he doesn't get in trouble for it." he shrugged.

"Well, this is going to be textbook." Mike sighed, as he quickly started to eat his food.

Hailey giggled a little at Miles' second introduction but then frowned a little in suprise as Mike handed her a sandwich. She had not been expecting that in the least, she didn't think he liked her very much. She started to say thanks but then stopped when he moved and then noticed Anthony was coming over. She looked from him and then to Mike.

"Already in trouble huh? What'd you do, look at him the wrong way?" She asks with a smirk as she started to try the sandwich, thankful to have actual food. Not that it would have been the first time she pretty much just lived off whatever Isaac had to spare.

Hailey kept Anthony in her peripheral vision, but she could tell the boys at the table were a tiny bit more tense, she almost sighed. She had diffused situations like this before, but she wasn't sure if she should try now or not.

Mike shrugged, "I told his sister I don't like underclassmen or annoying pest."

Miles looked ta him like he was crazy, but didn't say anything as Anthony got to the table, "Newbie." he called, "What did you tell me sister?"

Mike shrugged moved so that he was seating with the back to his side as he looked up at Anthony, "That she was annoying and I don't like underclassmen."

He guy didn't let Mike really say anything else,when Anthony balled his hand to a fist and swung at Mike. It took just as long as Mike to move to the side,his other arm hooking to Anthony's as he twisted before Anthony and slammed his head into the table. Mike stood to the side as a teacher called and he moved away from Anthony with his hands. up.

"He started it."Miles stated, pointing to Anthony, who was holding his nose.

"Seat." the teacher told him, before instructing Mike to head to the office, following behind him.

Hailey watched with amusement as the fight barely even got started before it was finished. She grinned a little and ate more of the sandwich.

"What are you smiling about?" Isaac asks. Hailey just smiled more.

"I like the new kid." She said , giving Isaac a pointed look and then she looked to Miles. "What's his background. I haven't seen anyone take down Anthony that fast before." She says. It was mostly for that, that she was intrigued. And it had been entertaining to watch.

"Why do you arcade about that? You know they're probably going to call us into the office later because we're 'witnesses'" Isaac says with a mouthful of food. Hailey just shrugged. As long as it didn't mess with soccer or her art class she didn't much care.

Miles looked at Hailey, "He was sent her because his ex's father tried to have him arrested for sexual assault of a minor, but since the girl just told everyone they never actually had sex or that he had ever actually done anything. But his mom sent him here to live with his day, ex-Marine. He used to get in a lot of fights back in his other school, usually just got warnings, but he was forced into a few sports too. Apparently he is very athletic, but he doesn't play too while with others. According to his file, he is just a bad kid and I talked to my mom, his step-mother is her boss, he used to visit every weekend and spent most of his time babysitting or fighting with his dad. He has a hard time getting along with his dad but I think that take down was part of his training. His father was like black ops or something like that, I think his dad trained him to fight, you know to bond." he explained taking a deep breath.

Hailey smirked. "Leave it to you to find all that out while he's been here only less than a day." Hailey says, almost sounding like she was confratuting him.

"Hey don't go judging him him yet." Isaac says. Hailey rolled her eyes.

"Who said anything about judging him? Besides I see nothing wrong with it." She says with a shrug, smiling as she looked back to Miles. "I've got an art thing to do. I'll see you two later." She says as she got up from the table to leave, taking her remaining food with her. Isaac sighed and shook his head a little. He didn't think it was right to look so much into someone. He thought they should just come around to telling you themselves. But he said nothing of it. It wasn't like he could do anything about it. Especially when Hailey seemed to so often encourage Miles.

Hailey pulled out her notebook as she walked and was leafing through a few of the sketches. They were all dark in some way or another, but she was proud of them, they had come out nicely. She hated that the art room was so far away though. Well maybe it wasn't too bad but she had to go past all of the lockers and the office before making the turn to get to it. Maybe she'd be passing the office when they were done getting in trouble, then in the very least she could thank Mike for the sandwich.

Mike sighed as the principal finally started to look for his parents number, "Do you want my mother's number?"Mike asked him as he took out his phone, tired of watching him looking through files and his computer.

The principal sighed, "Call her." he told him and Mike did what he was asked, handing him the phone as he watched,knowing exactly what his mother would say and what would happened, but he wasn't going to try and stop him.

His mother answered on the third ring, "Hello."

The principal practically smiled at Mike, smugly, "Mrs. Shaffer, this is Principal Marks, I have Michael in my office at the moment. He had a fight with one of our student."

"Oh, and the name is Mrs. Jekez, I haven't been married to his father in years. So, what happened?"

"According to your son, the student tried to punch him. But he left him with a bloody nose and Mrs. Jekez, I don't see..."

"Let me guess, this boy is a player in some sport."

"He plays football, so you understand..."

"I understand the system, yes. But my son doesn't lie and he doesn't fight for no reason, so for your system I'm going to say, bite it." she snapped, Mike could hear her and smirked at the shook on the principals face. "My son was protecting himself from a bully and if you punish him for that, I will have you sued for one, in danger my child with your system,two his father will take you for more then you are worth, for allowing bullying in your school. Not only would your star player be in trouble too, but your entire team will crash and burn. So, as much as I like to continue this conversation, I suggest you keep your players from my son and do you job, so I can do mine with ease. Have a nice day, Mr' Marks." she said before hanging up the phone and he looked at Mike in surprise.

Mike leaned over and took his phone, standing up, "Sorry, I know she can be a little tough on people but she is really a good person. I'm going to head to my next class and hope you find my father's number, next time." he nodded before leaving the office to go into the hallway.

As Hailey walked she smacked right into Mike as he was leaving the office. By this point she had become a little too absorbed in trying to find a particular picture and in her view point he had just sort of appeared out of no where. She landed hard on her butt, running into him, she decided, was about the same as running into a wall. She frowned a little and then looked up to see what she had run into. "Oh no, I am so sorry." she says quickly and sincerely, though her attention was also caught by the fact that a couple of her drawings had been scattered out onto the floor and it seemed much more importatn that she get to them before anything happened to them. Or worse yet that someone actually saw them. She quickly got to her knees and grabbed her sketchbook, then moved with the intention to grab the loose pieces that had come out. "I didn't mean to run into you, I wasn't paying enough attention." she says, glancing briefly to Mike. She wondered if he was mad, she hoped not, though she wouldn't blame him. He couldn't have been in a very good mood.

Mike looked at her for a moment before reaching over to the loose paper that fall out. He picked it up and looked at it.Tilting his head for a moment, before looking at her. "Probably should work on that." he stated, handing her the page, "Try a red base, might make it come out a lot better. Or it might make the subject pop more." he shrugged. "But I deal with fashion better then art, so maybe it's right. Don't worry about it, want me to help you up?"

She was mortified as she watched him pick up the piece of paper. Ironically enough it had been the one she had been looking for. And the one she had been going to ask for help with because it hadn't seemed quite right. She took the page and sighed a little as she put it in her sketchbook and then looked to him when he asked if she wanted help up. She nodded a little and reached up to take his hand.

Once she was up she sighed a little again, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked to him. "Thank you. And again I am really sorry." she says, and then as if just remembering something. "Oh! I wanted to thank you too for the food earlier." she adds with sort of a sheepish smile. She couldn't think of one point where she hadn't made what was probably a bad impression to this guy. Though she supposed she really shouldn't care. He didn't seem like someone she would ever be more than acquaintances with. Even if she liked to think she could be friends with everyone. Which between soccer and art for her, and Isaac's photography, cross country and track associations, that covered a good majority of the school.

Mike shrugged, "Spent a lot of time making lunch, my mother used to over make and I never finished it." he told her, putting his hands in his pockets. "Over achievers are like that, always over doing it but they usually get things right. I'm heading to class, so try not to fall again." He told her, before he started back towards the cafeteria, he left his backpack there so he had to get that before going to class. But he knew that he would probably make it to class early either way.As Miles kept reminding him, he walked quickly but he was good with not bumping into people,sometimes.

Hailey just smiled a little and watched him go a moment before turning and hurrying off to the art class room. As soon as she was there the first thing she tried was a red base on the picture. She grinned a little. It actually did look better now.

Mike got his backpack, Miles at his heels to hear all about what punishment he was going to have to face.Mike explained that he wasn't given one, and he wasn't given one The Principal was too off his element to think of anything but what Mike's mother was snapping at. It wasn't a surprise, his mother had done it before, but the principal here seem to not understand what was going on. He smirked to himself, of course, that didn't matter to him he was just glad that his father didn't know and try to be...dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back