• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Trouble of Fate

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Isaac nodded and took the computer back, typing quickly to find what Mike had suggested. Just as he was turning the computer to show them though the bell was ringing. Hailey sighed a little. She had soccer club, they were conditioning for the upcoming season and tournament, and she knew Isaac had cross country. "Um...when was the deadline for this? We could try to meet up to finish putting it together?" Hailey suggests.

Miles thought for a moment, "Monday. We have four days."

Mike shook his head, "I can't meet after school or Friday. I can meet Saturday, probably." He shrugged.

Isaac nodded. "Saturday is fine." He says. Hailey hesitated. It was the day she got to see her sister. Isaac noticed her hesitation and looked to her. "I can bring stuff over for you on Sunday if you want." He says gently. Hailey shook her head a little.

"No, it's fine. I can meet Saturday." She says. She started to gather her stuff to go. "Um, you guys have my number. Just text me when and where." She says before turning to leave. Isaac watched her go a moment and then looked to Miles and Mike.

"Do you have a time and place you want to meet?" He asks.

Miles and Mike shrugged, "The library?" Miles suggested, "I can get us a room."

Mike shrugged again, "That's fine with me."

Isaac nods. "Yeah, sounds good." He says. He got up and started to put his stuff away. "How about we try to meet the same time the library opens?" He suggests, pulling out his phone to text Hailey, he paused. "Oh yeah, Miles I have some pictures for the paper if you want."

Miles smirked, "Cool. I'm going to print out the copies now." He said packing up as Mike did the same. "Did you put them on a memory card or did you want to bring them to the office so I can move then over. I still am working on a few things so you have good timing."

"I have the memory card." Isaac says with a smirk, reaching into a pocket of his backpack and pulling out his actual camera and pulling out the memory card to hand over to him. "But I'll need it back for the tournament tomorrow."

Miles smirked, taking the card and nodding, "I'll get it back to you after your practice." He promised. "what about you?" He asked Mike.

Mike shrugged, "I have to get home." He said, swinging his backpack over his shoulder and heading out.

Miles shrugged, "I'll see you after practice then." He told Isaac

Isaac waved and then turned to leave. Once he had gotten ready for practice he met up with his team to start their warm up run. He smiled some as he saw Hailey working with her usual team and a few of the guys who couldn't make the team for one reason or another. He turned his attention from her and to his own practice.

Miles smirked as he was about to leave but stopped. Something caught the corner of his eye, he looked where Mike had sat and tilted his head as he picked up a small notepad. He scanned through it for a moment before closing it. It was Mike's, but he wasn't sure how to give it back to him.

As practice drew to a close, Hailey finished up and then went to change out and wait for Isaac. He was done a few minutes later and met with Hailey in the gymnasium. "I need to stop by to get my memory card from Miles." He says. Hailey nods and walks with him. "Are you okay?" He asks. Hailey nods.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She says. Isaac hesitated.

"Who is home this weekend?" Isaac asks. Hailey smirked a little. He knew every bit of her family.

"Kendra. She'll be home all weekend though. I'm sure Josh will disappear, and it is a busy weekend so both my parents will be working." She says with a shrug. Isaac sighed and then gave her a gently smile, wrapping his arm around her shoulders as they reached Miles.

Miles sighed, as he let the printer do its thing. He looked at the door as Hailey and Isaac walked in. He smiled, "Good. I was hoping he'd bring you." Miles said jumping to his feet and grabbing Mike's notepad. "I need you to take this somewhere." He said to Hailey. The notepad had a sticky note on it with an address written on it. "It's on your way home." Miles assured her, it was odd but Mike only lived a few blocks from Hailey, give a right and left.

Hailey frowned a little but then smiled slightly as she took the the book and nodded. "Yeah, sure." She says. She placed it in her bag so she didn't forget it and waited for Isaac.

"Did you get the pictures you wanted?" He asks Miles as he moved to get the memory card.

Miles smiled, "I got as much as I could without making it a manga." He chuckled, watching Isaac take them. "But I saved a few others that I might use for the yearbook too."

"Great." He says. Perhaps he did go a little overboard sometimes with the photos he took but when he saw something that was worth it he had to make it better. Hailey couldn't help laughing a little at Miles' response, she had seen what Isaac's camera often looked like after he had the opportunity to use it.

"We'll see you tomorrow Miles." She says, taking Isaac's camera from him and starting to look through the pictures. Isaac rolled his eyes and grinned.

"I think she's ready to go." He adds. "We'll see you tomorrow." He says as well before starting to follow Hailey.

Miles smiled, "OK, don't forget to grab a paper coming in tomorrow." He reminded them as he went back to make sure the next week issue was being started.

"Will do!" Hailey calls back as they walked out the door.

Ten minutes later Isaac was dropping Hailey off at her house before driving another five minutes to get to his own home. Hailey walked inside and dropped her bag on a chair at the dining table. "Josh!" She called out. The house smelled like food, so he must have been making dinner, but he wasn't in the kitchen. "Joshua!" She calls out again.

"Up here Hailey." He says. She frowned and followed his voice and smiled when she saw him up on a ladder fixing one of the lights.

"Was school good?" She asks, crossing her arms as she watched him try to fix the light.

"Just dandy Hails. Can you get the dinner set out for us. Mom and dad are working late again tonight." He says.

"You mean we're not the the only two who live here?" She asks sarcastically. Josh looked down at her a moment and then back to the light. She rolled her eyes and moved to the kitchen, going to her bag first to see what work she had. "Aw, crap..." She mutters, seeing Mike's notebook. "Josh I forgot I have an errand to run, I'll be back in 20!" She calls out.

"Take the car!" Josh calls out but Hailey was already out the door. She would prefer walking anyway, and taking the car didn't occur to her. Nor did it occur to her that while it was daylight and seemingly safe now, by the time she would be heading home it would be dark.

Walking to Mike's took much longer than driving would have, but eventually Hailey was reaching the house on the address. She hesitated and then knocked on the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike sighed as he finished dinner, Max and Mai were fixing the table as Preston was finishing up a project upstairs. Dem locked herself in her room, complaining about being old enough to watch herself.

When there wasn't a response, Hailey knocked on the door again. She wondered if he was even home, or if this was even the right place for that matter. She looked around a little. Hoping someone would answer, checking the address on the sticky note once more. This was definitely the right place.

Mike sighed before heading the knock, he looked around and Mai was already gone. He looked at Max and they both started towards the door.

Mai opened the door and smiled at Hailey, "Hello, who are you?"

"Mai, what are you doing?" Mike snapped, as Max grabbed her and Mike looked to see who was at the door.

Mai shrugged, "But she was knocking."

Mike looked at Hailey, then back to the two little ones, "Table, now." Mai pouted but she took Max's hand as they went to the dining room in the kitchen. Mike sighed, "Hey, what is it?"

Hailey couldn't help smiling as Mai and Max answered the door. She bit her lower lip as Mike told them to go. "They're cute." She says, and then pulls out the notebook from the satchel she had with her. "You left this at school. Miles saw you lived near me and thought I'd be the best option for getting it back to you." She says handing it towards him.

Mike looked at it and sighed, "I forgot I even had it. Thanks." He said taking it, he looked down at it for a moment then up at her, "Do you want to come in? Mai will have loads of questions, but Max is pretty good at just figuring things out. The other two don't talk much, at least not usually."

She tried not to smile. "I would like that. Thank you." She says. As she hesitantly stepped in she looked back to him. "You are the oldest then?" She asks gently once she was all the way in. She didn't want to annoy him with questions, he didn't seem to like her very much. But she also knew she could be pretty annoying and it was his first day after all.

Mike nodded, "I'm other oldest of eight. My dad's four and my mom's three." He told her leading the way back to the kitchen. Preston was in the kitchen now, helping to set out the chicken and corn while Max got the potatoes.

Mai smiled up at Hailey as she sat on the table, "Are you Mike's girlfriend?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back