• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tired Tavern Chatroom

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Discord is faster. If we're just having conversations, spit balling ideas or whatever, it would be easier to do it there and then just move it here when the idea gets big enough.

I am down for discord. Those without it, are you able to make one? When we share discord account info or whatever it should be over private conversation with everyone so other members on rpn don't wander in.

Last edited:
Oooooh, shiny new post! Hey, folks!

I'll throw it out there that I wouldn't be opposed to a small group for Kannah if anyone particularly fancies the idea of meeting up with her and whatnot. However, she's sorta a loner at the moment, so I don't know how true to her character it would be to seek someone out prior to being formally introduced, even in a spoopy situation like this (hint: not at all). If anyone's interested in collaborating with the aforementioned in mind, feel free to shoot me a message and we can see if it can be done. ^_^ I'll be busy most of the day, so I'll be hoping to make a post tomorrow, perhaps Monday.
I would love to have you in a group with me and Quados. We are discussing meeting with an interaction with the guards than going to the ship. As long as your character sees the symbols our characters have in connection to the company that should be reason enough to follow.

I think discord will be very helpful. I already have two RP discussion on discord so adding another one is no problem for me.

I would love to have you in a group with me and Quados. We are discussing meeting with an interaction with the guards than going to the ship. As long as your character sees the symbols our characters have in connection to the company that should be reason enough to follow.
I dig it. ^_^

Also, +1 for Discord.

Everyone, a person who declared interest, Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Aura has informed me of their continued interest in the story, but they were unable to finish a CS and therefore dont have a prologue post. The issue behind them not being able to finish on time shall not be disclosed, but as this is someone who had previously declared interest and not someone new entirely I wanted your thoughts on letting this person make a character and then letting them skip the Prologue post.

Kindve a written mess on my end,but I need you guys to let me know what you think.

Everyone, a person who declared interest, Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Aura has informed me of their continued interest in the story, but they were unable to finish a CS and therefore dont have a prologue post. The issue behind them not being able to finish on time shall not be disclosed, but as this is someone who had previously declared interest and not someone new entirely I wanted your thoughts on letting this person make a character and then letting them skip the Prologue post.

Kindve a written mess on my end,but I need you guys to let me know what you think.
We already have so many people. I don't think it would be smart to add another to the mix. That's just my thought.

I personally don't mind, maybe still need a few paragraph of what happened in the 'prologue' to make it consistent with other characters.

I'm going to be the devils advocate here. We have what 14 people and each one of us have our own schedules, problems priorities, time zones and jobs. From my understanding, we already have a few issues be it prologues, scheduling or just replying to our thread. If I'm currently wrong then I apologize for not having my fact straight.
I believe adding an additional person right now would be unwise considering how large we are. I think this is an issue we should readdress after 1 month to see if we can even our current numbers now.

Long story short a No but potential for a yes in the future.

Hmmm...
Yerp, agree with most of the people here. We are loaded with players. It’s already hard and loads of work for you to organise everything, probably best to just stick to who we have now.

It's a toughie. Usually I say the more the merrier, but I'm kinda inclined to agree that we might be a bit full. It's probably not the wisest idea to add another person into the mix.

Though, at the same time I know most RPs I've been in have ended up losing a few people once things get up and running. I suppose I could offer a counterpoint that bringing someone in now would be easier than introducing someone into the story at a later time, if we did end up having problems with numbers.

TL; DR: super unhelpful post.

Wouldn't wanna be THAT guy but lets be honest. People are BOUND to leave this rp at some point. Not pointing fingers as it is mostly due to circumstance rather than the fault of the person per say. It could be anybody. What I'm saying is that we'll start hemorrhaging players in the first week or so quickly until were left with the people that are actually interested. It is how rps are in my experience. If that number is low enough maybe we could get more people. As of now however, I support us keeping this group and not increasing its size. We have some characters that fulfill the purpose of others already so adding more to the mix won't be that smart.

Positive.

Suppose I should let everyone (who isn't already in the know) in on the fact that Kannah is going to be part of a group post, so my earlier post saying she's available for a group is no longer a thing unless you're a part of the aforementioned group I'm already in. They should probably already know who they are. >.> Sorry to dash any hopes and/or dreams.

That being said, if anyone fancies Kannah (romantically or otherwise) and wants to collab, don't be shy! I don't normally bite very hard, except when I do.

Ah, because I also forgot to let people know-- Granny Estie is involved with a group post as well.
Sorry for those of you who possibly thought I died a little due to inactivity... I didn't!
Ta-da! I'll be going to sleep now, thank you, thank you.

Attention, attention:
Bita and Dante are going to reach the scene first. Please consider this in you first post. Thank you!

This is Bita and Dante's part. We are not done yet but please consider it happened when you write your reply.
The shield was hung from the wall peacefully when those two chose it. They both rushed forth and reached out to take it. As a result, their hands blocked each other. "Sorry…" The woman apologized as looked up from her target but changed her mind as soon as met the young man's face. "Serpent!" She almost hissed in shock and her hand went toward the dirk at her waist automatically. Dante ripped the shield off the wall and huddled underneath it then bashed the it towards his aggressor. Bita had no time to draw the blade out of its sheath but fortunately, that shield was a small one else she might get smashed by it. It couldn't cover his lower parts of body, so she ducked down and pulled herself a side like a cat. He passed by her, so she could stand and kick him from behind. Dante slammed into the weapons rack with the force of a horse. The weapons cracked or groaned under pressure. The shield was small enough to quickly move but not prevent the thrice damned women from moving. He felt a hard kick catch him right as he turned around shield presented to protect his face. Fortunately, her leg had slammed against his midsection which was protected by plate... the blow still stung and knocked the wind out of him. The plate blocking the trauma but leaving the pain. Using the advantage of the small shield, he grabbed her leg and made an attempt to use the edge of the shield to his attackers face. The woman had no trademarks for the plethora of "Serpent Eaters" leaving a question as to who wanted his "Fang" with a deep breath he would be damned if a "Serpent Eater" for him.

Bita pulled his leg back but the lad was quick. He had grabbed her boot. She could launch forth and use her weight on his hand to spin and kick with her other leg only if he hadn't tackled her face by edge of the shield. Apparently he knew perfectly how to use a shield despite of his first failure. She only managed to save her face by grabbing on a random spear placed by the wall and blocking his attack by it. Amidst their struggle, her boot came off her leg and remained in his hand as she staggered a few steps backward until hit a table of short weapons. That sure hurt a lot. She knew that was going to leave a purple mark on back of her waist. A shop wasn't a proper place to use a spear, so she tossed it aside and grabbed a pair of tonfa from the table instead.

Blue eyes met brown; Dante eyed up his opponent. Her age was young enough that playing for time wouldn't work. She had two weapons in her hand that Dante never fought against before and if he had to put money on it a shield would be a hindrance. The shop still had a few patrons looking in a mix of curiosity and fear. If he was still with The Sons of the Serpent he would have 9 swords to call on but right now the Lotus company just had its name of good conduct to use. Swallowing his pride, Dante made his challenge. "An attack against me is an attack against Lotus Company" instead of drawing his sword. Dante detached his badge off his wait and waved it around especially towards the patrons here. Hopefully, it would cause a noble to join out of honor.

"Lotus Company? The Light Lotus Company? Stop joking around, you damned serpent." Bita said doubtfully but dropped tonfas and stepped closer to have a better look at his badge. Although it was shocking, she was kind of glad about stopping the fight since she had never used tonfa before and could break an arm if her opponent knew how to defy them. Dante couldn't help but laugh. Who knew the old Lotus card worked? This perk wasn't too bad. He tossed the badge into her waiting hand before he started to unstrap his right forearm protector. His badge seemed genuine to Bita. "You have stolen it, haven't you?" She accused him. Dante showed his "badge" from The Sons of the Serpent. "Our shared employer doesn't mind I used to be a serpent. I guess our track record of getting the job done is world class" He still couldn't figure out who this lady was. "Shared employer? I don't remember telling you that much." Bita said coldly. "A wild guess, I suppose. That doesn't matter anyway." She added reluctantly as tossed back the badge. "I bet they have sent you to spy on Lotus or rob them. Or is it a sabotaging or assassination mission?" She guessed. She would believe anything but that she had to fight in the same company as this heartless, shameless guy. From her point of view, he was a demon who had escaped the hell. Dante wished what she suggested was true. It would be better than the truth. Chances were, he looted her village or killed her parents. Same story different person, Dante couldn't figure out why these kids didn't let it lie. She was a little bit too old for that usually it was 14 year olds that came for him.

"The main question is: what are you doing here? What happened to serpents? I wonder how they have trusted a serpent. Janet must be desperate for new allies. (Or obsessed in young men!) Hey, let me guess… did you satisfy her in one way or the other to have your way in?" She bombarded him with questions that didn't really need to be answered. She only had to declare that she had no intentions of considering him a comrade.

Dante received a barrage of questions thrown at him along with the badge. "I did satisfy her. I beat some guy's brain in at a brothel. Comrade, I hope you can appreciate the skills I bring to the company" Dante started to head towards the door trying to leave before the shopkeeper returned to ask about him paying for the shield. Whether or not she wanted to play nice, Dante couldn't help but enjoy her discomfort. Irony was pretty fun now.

They're cut from the same cloth. This Janet might be as mad as a serpent. Bita thought regretfully. She ignored him calling her comrade but couldn't avoid wondering if he had already realized that she hated it. He had to be so sharp to get it that fast. She waited for him to leave then began cleaning up the mess they had made. For the sake of Lotus name, the owner wouldn't dare to charge them for dueling in his shop. Yet, she wasn't a person who could let it pass easily. She paid for whatever they had damaged and left the shop with empty hands and empty purse. That made her feel even worse about that serpent guy. It was the second time he had embarrassed her. But then, she heard a man calling her back. She returned and saw the keeper coming after her with a pack in his hands. He gave her a second handed wooden shield which needed recoloring and a pair of worn out tonfa. She was amazed but that unexpected kindness but seemed that the old man saw it some kind of advertisement for his weapon to be used by members of Light Lotus. That was her luck. Thankfully, she parted and headed toward the harbor with a satisfied smile on her lips.

Dante had waited at a corner in the dark for the little Serpent Eater to come out. The gang that normally haunted this corner gave him one glance before roaming away. He saw the lady come out and receive her weapons and shield. He came out of shadows to approach her and drew alongside her before placing his arm over her shoulder as if she was an old friend and making exaggerated motions as he talked. "It's been such a long time my friend! How are you? How is your family? I see you aren't wearing your armor what's the occasion?" As he did this Dante's eyes darted around and quickly figured out she too was summoned to the docks.

Bita didn't hesitate to hit the guy in nose by her elbow hard enough to cause bleeding. "Don't touch me without permission." She warned him coldly. "I'm not your friend." She noted, emphasizing. "My armor is resting in my package and we're going on a voyage in case that you have not been important enough to be informed." She answered sarcastically as increased her distance from him. "I bet you'd like me to fall in the sea wearing an armor and drown immediately." She muttered hatefully. "Now it's your turn to answer. Why have you been kicked out of your father's gang? That must be painful."

Dante smirked through his bloody nose and spat out a glob of blood. He probably had a split lip too. "Of course you're right that was wrong of me. We're brothers in arms. I would love to watch some unknown wrench to drown in her armor in an accident, unfortunately that's not you. I was with the 9th Serpents or 'The Scions'. My dad was with the 'Heralds of Blood' probably looting the countryside" Dante rubbed his jaw to check for any cracks as he continued on. "Who said I ever left. Once a Serpent always a Serpent. Nations break before the sons do"

"Brothers?" Bita echoed. He sure had weird ways for talking to a girl. "If you enjoy watching people die painfully, then be assured that you're going to die painfully." She said and sighed. "You're hopelessly sick." She grunted. "It's good to know more about you and your daddy. I only had heard that both of you are sinful sale swords. I would like to ask Janet why she is tagging a serpent along." She quickened her steps. They had already wasted too much time fighting in the shop. And now this guy had a pretty bloody face to suit that fight although he hadn't really fought back then.

Dante followed suit step for step. His companion stood only a bit shorter than himself and the stride she set wasn't enough to dissuade him from leaving her alone. This was his chance to find out why all these damned orphans kept running to his sword point. "What made you a Serpent Slayer milady. If anything, you look like your family used us to fight in their wars and such. I bet Janet will say the same thing everyone says about us. We are the best at what we do. I never make people suffer unless I have to. It's too expensive to play with someone's life for the sake of it."

"I'm not a serpent slayer. You jerks are too much to get rid of. I just met a face that I didn't expect to meet unless something awful is going to happen." She answered him but was distracted by noises coming from docks. She wondered if she really had heard a shout from afar. She strode faster than before. "Ah, stop your nonsense. You know you're tainted with blood of innocent. You can't cover it with every excuse in the world." She told him impatiently. It wasn't the serpent that bothered her but the fact that they were late and she still heard faint shouts. Suddenly, she started running. Something was wrong, she could feel it in her guts. Her large and heavy baggage didn't allow her to run as fast as she wished. Without a word, Dante shoved his way past, unsheathed his sword and tightened the straps on his shield. He could've sworn he heard a familiar voice in distress. The woman would have to wait. Turning the last corner until they could see the docks, Dante looked and saw over a dozen figures moving menacingly towards his employer. Dante swore before speaking at what he hoped was his fellow. "I see over a dozen of them. Drop your bags, we move too slowly and they have bows or a mage...." He dictated. Bita had arrived a minute after him. In first sight, she knew that he was right about leaving the baggage and so she did, but it meant that she was going to leave all her gears behind. She only took her half sword, steel and wood medium shield and wore a light chainmail hastily. In three minutes, she was ready to fight. She spied the docks again after that. "Why is Ramirov fighting alone? Where are the others?" She whispered then noticed Praetor. "That guy is a beast… just a week ago he lost an arm and now he is fighting as if nothing has happened. But Ramirov… it's a miracle that he still can fight after that horrible wound he received from that ridiculously large sword. He won't last long… we have to charge immediately." She informed Dante. "If we had a bow we could take down a few before clashing swords. Do you have throwing knives? A spitting cobra can be appreciated." She asked hoping that Dante had a few skills for long range attacks since her only long range ability was throwing objects like stones. But to her disappointment, he shook his head. "They must've arrived early alone to prep the ship. The others I haven't met yet. That big guy whether or not he's healed will have trouble dealing with a new limb. I never used a bow or threw knives. I was too busy being tainted with the blood of innocents." Dante looked at her equipment before going back to staring at the situation. "Keep our shields close together and try to reach them in time... or we wait for an opening. The others should be here soon and then we can hit them in the back" He suggested.

"Useless..." Bita mumbled as he made a joke of being busy with murdering the innocent. She considered his suggestion and imagined it in practice. "If we go side by side they'll have only one target to shoot at which will be too convenient for them and soon we'll be circled." She found flaws in that strategy. "We can't wait for back up. Ramirov won't be able to hold for long. Maybe it's nothing to you, but we've fought side by side a few days ago and I survived without wounds only because he took that armored guy on all by himself. I owe him one for that." She explained her reason to rush for Dante. "That's why I'm going to go to his aid right now. You can wait for reinforcement or back me up in wisest way that you know." She told him before holding her shield up and rushing to the battlefield.

With a groan Dante looked up to the sky. "So much for tactical patience" Dante unstrapped his shield off of his left arm and went into a dead spirit to catch up to the woman until he was able to place a left hand on her shoulder. "You block I'll kill" before withdrawing his hand and holding his sword in an overhead striking position. Hopefully, she maintained her agile form and would be able to weave in and out seamlessly with Dante.

"I hope I works. I don't know your style and I bet you have forgotten mine." Bita managed to say before the first curse was sent toward them and hit her shield. It appeared to be flames for a moment. She looked up from behind her shield and found the caster then aimed her sword at them. The curse left her sword and hit the caster. She was so focused on her approach that couldn't watch what Dante was doing.

Pushing past Bita, he made his strike. The guard barely had time to block before Dante pressed into the dead lock sweeping the guards feet from under him and finishing the job with a stab into his throat. Quickly, Dante moved back under the cover of Bita's shield and crying out "push through!"

"I'll do my best…" She answered as chose direction and ran forth while crouching behind her shield. "I'm going as fast as possible, but I can't hit more than one opponent directly by shield." She explained. Their opponents had already learned that casting magic from far could help Bita to access long rage tackles, so they had stopped using long range magic and were coming at them with bare blades.

Super early heads up, but if I don't say something now while it's on my mind, I'll probably forget to say anything ever, and look like a total schmuck.

Getting my eyeballs lasered on the 28th, so not expecting to be around and posting then or the following day. Hopefully if we're in the thick of things and everyone's like "WTF did Lily go?", someone will remember seeing (haha, it's sorta an eye pun, get it?) this post and be able to remind everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back