• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tired Tavern Chatroom

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
This is gonna be...so. much. fun! I'm hoping to get a character sheet up sometime in the next couple of days, but for now here's a sneak peek (if you can call it that)...

Concept Pitch:
Who's ready for Granny - the casual healer with an unusual knack for (narcotic) herbs!

This is gonna be...so. much. fun! I'm hoping to get a character sheet up sometime in the next couple of days, but for now here's a sneak peek (if you can call it that)...

Concept Pitch:
Who's ready for Granny - the casual healer with an unusual knack for (narcotic) herbs!
Sounds funny, and sorta different.

Literary Revenant Literary Revenant Hey, so, question: what level of technology is Balthora operating at? You mention iron mines and sweatshops--are we just doing metalworking and firearm-producing and the like, or are machines and steam engines a thing around here as well? What's their industry like?

Literary Revenant Literary Revenant Hey, so, question: what level of technology is Balthora operating at? You mention iron mines and sweatshops--are we just doing metalworking and firearm-producing and the like, or are machines and steam engines a thing around here as well? What's their industry like?
Ah, I used the term 'Sweatshop' based on my assumption of like Mass Production for super cheap labor. The biggest industry in Balthora currently is the production of Ardanor, a form of solidified Arcane fuel. This is not really a futuristic steam-punk era type industry or technology era, it's more like a medieval time period with people using magic as their main production force in the industry, and since not everyone is a mage and mages are unlikely to simply power a machine, they use the Ardanor.

The Plant used to make Ardanor is incredibly poisonous to the land and to the people, it's the reason why most of Balthora is a quarantined hell zone. I have not fully developed what the aftereffects of using Ardanor are yet, but we are not in a steam punk world.

"are we just doing metalworking and firearm-producing and the like" Kind've but the real deadly work is growing the Plant. (I know I named it, but I named it yesterday @2.00 in the morning and I don't remember it right now.)

Good question!

Hard to start making the CS as I can't quite decide whether I want a
  • Rogueish gambler kinda character who has tons of tricks up his sleeve, relies on outsmarting people, and is generally very stealthy and agile
  • or a seriously messed up warrior/samurai character who is really good at killing but not much at anything else.

Hard to start making the CS as I can't quite decide whether I want a
  • Rogueish gambler kinda character who has tons of tricks up his sleeve, relies on outsmarting people, and is generally very stealthy and agile
  • or a seriously messed up warrior/samurai character who is really good at killing but not much at anything else.
That really depends on the kind of character you wanna play. I'm fine with either but I do need someone who works with a team.

That really depends on the kind of character you wanna play. I'm fine with either but I do need someone who works with a team.
It depends on the kind of teamwork though. The warrior will obviously act as a frontline and be the "muscle" in a sense so he can kinda protect the more fragile people. But the rogue will be supportive in terms of sneaking into places, tricking people, planning things and etc. I might make a combination of the two.

It depends on the kind of teamwork though. The warrior will obviously act as a frontline and be the "muscle" in a sense so he can kinda protect the more fragile people. But the rogue will be supportive in terms of sneaking into places, tricking people, planning things and etc. I might make a combination of the two.
Well what I mean is I don't want a group of 12 loners. This roleplay is not gonna be like a dice roll RPG, but it does involve teamwork in some scenarios cuz in some cases I'll play the bad guy. ;)

Critical.Over Critical.Over I relate so much to that first statement! (^ °.° ^)
In other news: Granny Est, a well known name in certain (COUGH drug-dealing COUGH) circles, is heavily inspired by Grandma Frump from the Addams Family...mixed with the grandma from Moana, an addition of Judge Judy, topped with Granny from The Croods, and a sprinkling of Dolores Umbridge.
I'm not quite sure how, but she low-key turned out as mildly terrifying, honestly. As such, expect terrible things from my CS, and once I get her history done it'll be up.

Critical.Over Critical.Over I relate so much to that first statement! (^ °.° ^)
In other news: Granny Est, a well known name in certain (COUGH drug-dealing COUGH) circles, is heavily inspired by Grandma Frump from the Addams Family...mixed with the grandma from Moana, an addition of Judge Judy, topped with Granny from The Croods, and a sprinkling of Dolores Umbridge.
I'm not quite sure how, but she low-key turned out as mildly terrifying, honestly. As such, expect terrible things from my CS, and once I get her history done it'll be up.

I once saw a person create a character with inspiration from many characters, like you did, and they just photoshopped all the characters together for their CS. It wasn’t a notably good photoshop either so I’m sure yours will be better than that at least!

I once saw a person create a character with inspiration from many characters, like you did, and they just photoshopped all the characters together for their CS. It wasn’t a notably good photoshop either so I’m sure yours will be better than that at least!
Well, I can promise no Photoshop has gone into the making of dear old Granny!
Instead, there's been my nearly-exhausted trains of thought... but hey, she's done!
Now I just need to...melt into a puddle.

Why thank you! I did try my best with her, and currently I'm equally terrified and proud of the result.
Now, on to figuring out accordians, so that my eventual IC posts are actually useful and not garbage...

Love her lol. So much personality written into that CS. Jeez I wanted to have my character stand out but the standard is pretty high right now, hopefully mine will look at least mediocre next to everyone else’s.

Critical.Over Critical.Over
Oh dear, I didn't mean to make you feel like you had to meet any sort of standard! (Well, apart from Revenant's, that is.)
In all honesty, the letter format came about from The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect 's womanizing warrior and Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread 's awkwardly-shy mage! It just looked like a lot of fun to format the application in-character... and I did have fun writing it, so mission accomplished?

I'm sure that, whomever your character is, they'll be marvelous in their own right!

I also have fun writing the CS in first person POV XD

There's some delicate details that can be delivered with this method. it also helped me develop character while filling the CS.

Love her lol. So much personality written into that CS. Jeez I wanted to have my character stand out but the standard is pretty high right now, hopefully mine will look at least mediocre next to everyone else’s.

I'm sure yours will be good too :33:

Finally made my character sheet, been working on it basically all day. I am really looking forward to this rp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back