• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tired Tavern Chatroom

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Hey! I saw your question on the Discord, but my campus wifi blocks the app so I decided to respond here. Anyways, by all means blast away, just be aware that when enraged Ulysses is no more than a ruthless animal. He'll attack whatever he sees as a threat or enemy.

Literary Revenant Literary Revenant Quick upate on our group post. It's coming along nicely. Think it's pretty much finished by this point, just has to get polished, thrown together, and posted into the actual main thread.

Hi, everybody...! So, LiteraryRevenant just gave me the 'where the heck are you?' DM (it's okay, I understand; I've made those messages before myself), and I realized that I completely missed that this started somehow. Which sounds stupid, since I was tagged...but I don't know. Failure on my part. I do actually still need to complete my prologue though, so I'll start with that. Just...I need a new discord link, and then....I'll be on! So yeah! Sorry to be so late!

Welp, having not heard from anyone for like an entire day and a half, the only logical conclusion is that everyone's died. RIP, everyone. It was nice knowing y'all. Most of you seemed like pretty swell people.

Welp, having not heard from anyone for like an entire day and a half, the only logical conclusion is that everyone's died. RIP, everyone. It was nice knowing y'all. Most of you seemed like pretty swell people.
I was writing replies. Getting busy with work. I know Rosebud is getting back with me but Remmock is not. So I think I'm gonna have to cut him.

Suppose I should probably clarify I'm not dropping the RP or anything, since that might've been unclear. :P You guys aren't getting rid of me that easy.

TheLoyalAcorn TheLoyalAcorn The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Critical.Over Critical.Over BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud Calypso Major Calypso Major Quados Quados Senor_Fluffy Senor_Fluffy Dethrix Dethrix Remmock Remmock explosiveKitten explosiveKitten MJ ._. MJ ._. AshenLily AshenLily

So, I have been working a bit with Loyal Acorn, and we have a plan on what's gonna happen. I have good feelings about this idea, and I am pretty sure you guys will like it too. Now, since I've been gone for so long, I imagine I have lost some of your interest so part of this plan involves the Templars killing off ANYONE who has left or has lost interest. A form of culling the population if you will. I am messaging you all here, and I will also message everyone on Discord as well to make sure that you all have plenty of time to respond. I mentioned that my deadline for my post is Monday, so I will be giving you all til Sunday Evening to lemme know if you are still interested in this story.

Note: I do NOT intend to replace anyone who I lose. Who ever I have is who I am going to stick with. :D Lemme know if you are staying asap because I will wait for know one.

TheLoyalAcorn TheLoyalAcorn The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Critical.Over Critical.Over BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud Calypso Major Calypso Major Quados Quados Senor_Fluffy Senor_Fluffy Dethrix Dethrix Remmock Remmock explosiveKitten explosiveKitten MJ ._. MJ ._. AshenLily AshenLily

So, I have been working a bit with Loyal Acorn, and we have a plan on what's gonna happen. I have good feelings about this idea, and I am pretty sure you guys will like it too. Now, since I've been gone for so long, I imagine I have lost some of your interest so part of this plan involves the Templars killing off ANYONE who has left or has lost interest. A form of culling the population if you will. I am messaging you all here, and I will also message everyone on Discord as well to make sure that you all have plenty of time to respond. I mentioned that my deadline for my post is Monday, so I will be giving you all til Sunday Evening to lemme know if you are still interested in this story.

Note: I do NOT intend to replace anyone who I lose. Who ever I have is who I am going to stick with. :D Lemme know if you are staying asap because I will wait for know one.
I'm not going to get killed here.

Death should be meaningful, so, I will survive ^w^

I shall very much like to live now too, please! :)

Kyros would probably just ditch the company first sign of trouble tbh xdd
But eh, I'm in. Lets give this thing another go.

So guys, as part of our next post, me and Acorn have developed a character that we felt is important enough to warrant a CS of it's own. (One without coding sadly.) Feel free to glance at it. There are some unique spoilers in here so if you don't want them, just ignore this post. Also this is the FINAL DAY for anyone who doesn't want to die. I've got a sizeable group of ya but this is the LAST CALL before I start writing deaths of individual characters at the hands of the Templars and the Praetor.

Also, give a big hug to Acorn, as he has done a lot to make this upcoming post happen.
Appearance:
View attachment 567762

Full Name:
Adept Vivian of the Templars

Alias(s):
Mage Adept, The Light Maiden (when people have problems pointing out which specific mage) or simply Viv

Currently unknown due to an error made in her records. She's believed to be in her early 20's.

Orientation:
Straight

Why did she join the Templars:
After her initial training with her mysterious savior for a few years. She was powerful enough to stand on her own two feet. Unfortunately, her... unique 'magical' talents caused many to seek her out. She joined the Templars to improve her magical abilities and for protection.

Your Gift:
Hard Light-
Also known as The Hand of Salieri , Hard Light is an ability unique to the followers of Salieri. The only way to gain this power is to earn the favor of the Goddess Salieri, passing a rigorous ritual requiring some... unscrupulous practices. While people often mistake this for a form of healing magic, which in many cases is true, Hard Light is a manipulation of Light Energy into a solid form. Her favorite application is shaping a small ball of solid light energy and projecting it with the force of an arrow, very hard to block and it leaves a nasty sting as the Light still burns hot as flame.

Another application is to make a Hard Light Shield or Barrier, where the Hard Light can block an object with the force of an Arrow or a light swing from a heavy weapon. It's also great for blinding and over annoyance, but can also be used as a makeshift bridge if needed, carrying up to 2 people. Unlike typical magic, Vivian's Hard Light allows her a different well of power to draw from. Whereas Magic requires Arcana and willpower, her hard light requires unbridled faith and focus. It's still taxing to use, much like jogging.

Preferred Magic Sorcerers only:
While Hard Light Magic has the capability to do great healing. Vivian uses it solely for combat. Her movement spells aka light platforms and light shield are designed to allow her to move quickly and take advantage of her combat spells as mentioned previously.

Good or Evil?:
The mysterious man taught Vivian a great deal magically and morally. Unfortunately, due to her past traumas Vivian hasn't done very well to do 'the right thing' in the eyes of others. While she knows better, she has trouble acting out on the right choice as she finally has power. She often abuses it to meet her own benefit specifically against those that remind her of past bullies.

Strengths:
A quick thinker on and off the battlefield
An avid reader and learner
An outstanding ability to lead and teach

Weaknesses:
Once her mind is made up she won't change willing to follow it through to the bitter end. This has caused her to more than once fail a mission. (Inflexible)
She's obsessed with proving to her unknown parents it was a mistake to abandon her.
She kills first and asks questions later. This has led her to killing VIPs or undercover agents.

Personality:
Abandoned after an unknown length of time. She was used and abused. This has bred a survivor. She speaks little and has many outbursts of anger which she will often resort to violence first. Verbally or physically, the Templars fear "The Light Maiden".

Tight lipped and well respected, this has caused Vivian to have a large following of powerful acolytes. This in turn leaves a very "confident" woman. A model for many female mages to follow carving out a powerful political position within the order for her. She is well known for taking great care of her followers and for her savage abuse of her prisoners.

Outside of the Templars, she's seen as a well read and respected scholar who seeks to aide the failings of men. Her off time is often spent with her children, specifically orphans teaching reading and writing, bringing food and needed provisions as well.

Every time it rains she goes outside and waits by the docks.
She loves teaching.
She has a passion for learning about everything and anything.
She loves children

Dislikes:
She hates brutes
She hates the lack of care for orphans
She hates those mercenaries that create orphans
She has a distaste for a lack of action when she clearly sees a solution

History:
Aside from her personal history, much of her history is shared with the Templars.
Biography:
Born to two drug addicts. She spend an unknown length being dragged about and abused. She bore the brunt of physical abuse along with emotional as her parents degraded her frequently. At some point she was abandoned by the docks. She remembers a year scrapping a survival and doing things she speaks little if any on. One rainy miserable day she saw a young man hop off a boat. Many months of desperate begging with no amount of mercy being given, Vivian attempted to steal from him. The man easily pushed Vivian to the ground, landing hard on the wet stone below. It was hopeless, Vivian knew that she could not defeat this man, she lie still. After seeing her fall down with little to no effort and lie on the ground lifelessly, the man took the child to a healer. After the healer refused to treat or even see the street urchin, the man left in a blaze of anger taking her on his back, carrying her for hours trying to find a place for them to stay. Preferably a place that would take the unlikely pair without demanding to see a family registry. Seneschals curse that forsaken law.

Being in the rain for so long gave Vivian a nasty cold, with a heavy fever. Traditional medicine wasn't working, and her condition was getting worse. Seeing no other options the man prayed to the old Godess of Light, Salieri, a Goddess from a foreign pantheon. She must have heard the prayer, as she took Vivian in her hands in a bright but beautiful spectacle where she renewed Vivian's strength, granting her a small piece of her very essence as a mark of the man's faith. Vivian awoke with her magical abilities after a shining light erupted from her body. The man taught her all he knew about magic, he taught her as if she was his daughter. Vivian prayed everyday to her new God zealously. She treated the old goddess like one would with a mother confiding to the unseen entity about all her woes and worries. The pair had years of adventure together and grew to be like family. During this time, Vivian always saw her new father smiling in her company. They gave each other purpose with they had previously lacked. Both struggled with inner demons, but they only had to look to the other to find the power to stay out of the pit of despair.

One day in early spring when the man was selling tea in their small stall, Vivian went off to buy the man a gift. It was the anniversary of his coming, for four years she had been under his wing. When she returned he was gone. He had just disappeared without so much as a note, or anything. What would she do now? Lost in The Old City of Nysinia she spent a full year searching for the man she called father, acting as a cheap mercenary to feed herself. She slept in alleyways and brothels finding the cheapest bed to lay her head on until she found a good opportunity in joining the Templars.

She quickly ascended the ranks hoping if she became famous the man would find her. She spent all her time studying. Everyday when it rained she would run to the docks where she first met the man and sit in the deluge hoping to see him. Only he would never come. She spent all her waking moments trying to improve herself, believing he left her because she was worthless. Trash, a waste of 3 coppers, nothing but dead weight. She waits for the man she called father. Deep in her heart she knows why he abandoned her. She wasn't good enough and never will be. Still the desire to prove him and her parents wrong remains. Unknown to her "Father" Ramirov keeps little clippings of all her achievements to hopefully prove her worth.

Family:
Her parents were drug addicts. After realizing feeding their child was too costly she was left at the docks without even her clothes as her clothes could fetch a price in the market.
Ramirov is her 'adoptive' father. She knows him as 'Naven', a foreign word for Father.

Friends:
Many orphans love her and many mages across the world. She has no confidant or close friends.

Enemies:
The Praetorian, as recently he divided the Templars into two factions which has argued over where the future of the Templar's leadership lies.

A well off mage. Citizen.

Emotional Status:
Her mind is much more fragile than one would expect. She has suffered many past traumas. Because of this, what is seen as her personality is emotional walls created to hide behind the ugly truth that was her life. The start of spring causes mental distress upon her and her powers directly reflect this with her balls of light are inconsistent some weak and others stronger than her most powerful one on a good day.

Love Interest:
She currently has none unable to find a love to "fix her". Because of this view on love, many suitors have been driven away as she expects a prince charming.

ALL PLAYERS OF THE LIGHT LOTUS COMPANY READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

7133e98a28affd0ef0836df00d5fa9af.png
As you can guess, these are going to be all the survivors of the following post as of 4/28/2019 4:11 P.M. MST
TheLoyalAcorn TheLoyalAcorn Dante

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Kyros Ularekath

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Ocarina Flareweck

Quados Quados Aron Ironfist

Senor_Fluffy Senor_Fluffy Bura Sharamph

Critical.Over Critical.Over Aria Arkrevia Abrams

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Bridget

BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud Tanya Aurum

MJ ._. MJ ._. Bita Bahu

AshenLily AshenLily Kannah Brightsleet​

76c754906fb14fe6b188882fb9d1c0c5.png
Alrighty, these are the people slated to Die. I have previously spoken with Dethrix about him potentially remaking a character due to the nature of Ulysses, so something may come of that. If these players don't respond to me by the end of today, MIDNIGHT 4/29 MST I will officially consider them gone.

Grizzlot Grizzlot Avila McAllister

Remmock Remmock Johnathon Royce the Eighth

Dethrix Dethrix The Black Baron (May be allowed a remake of his Character)

Calypso Major Calypso Major Grannie Estie​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back