• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tired Tavern Chatroom

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I... didnt think about that, but this still requires me having a group set up prior to the events, whether you all just stumbled on eachother while heading to the shipyards or met somewhere else. It would still seem like I'm being too controlling and I dont want to be a Roleplay Dictator.
I was thinking about that's more on the players forming groups than anything not the GMs responsibility, so our characters can kinda pursue "side quests" or learn more about so and so etc etc

I
I'm scared if this is played out like a normal rp it will go sideways real quick. There are 14 people. If 14 people are posting individual posts every single turn. Some people will have their actions ignored or skipped and others will do the same thing. Vs. people arriving in groups according to when they are able to post and organizing themselves, then one person posting what everyone has written up for their character in one accordion post similar to how you posted.

Might as well start working as a team if we are all working for the same company.
I'd have to arrange groups, maybe after this initial scene, but FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUDDGE it's hard to reply to all of you in a timely manner.

It's kinda more like 5 of us wanna run around the room naked and hit things with the pointy in. All generally the same thing. That's good the group is working well together. It's when we have Dante do something that just breaks lore or uses his magical abilities (that he doesn't have) and things that just disrupts the flow you kinda retcon.

Think about it this way. We all write a random word and you rearrange it and add a word or two additional to make the sentence work. If the sentence still doesn't work you change the word entirely with the writers consent to better fit the overall scheme of things. I viewed it more as a guide bc in my mind you would for the most part just be copying and pasting and writing a thing or two to spin the actions together and coherently.
Hmmmmmmmm sounds like a lot of work, doable yes! But still a lot of work. We would have to discuss this further.

Here is a thought. People who want to tackle interactions as a group can organize themselves accordingly those who don't can always arrive solo and react as they will. Either way accordions should be mandatory so the main chat doesn't get flooded
Yeah I planned on manually punching accordions on these things to prevent a mass destruction of content. XD

If you could even try to get close to the Praetor that would be commendable. I'm currently trying to write him as the ridiculously strong villain character, besides I mainly wanted to see what all of you reacting on an individual basis to the whole ambush on the leaders. I intentionally wrote them in a stressed panic as neither can defeat the Praetor and 17 some odd soldiers by themselves.
How about giving characters Attack and Defense levels so that we can consider chances of hurting or getting hurt beforehand. This way we don't need to ask you about it every time.

I was thinking about that's more on the players forming groups than anything not the GMs responsibility, so our characters can kinda pursue "side quests" or learn more about so and so etc etc
If people wanted to form groups or play more on the solo end would have to be discussed player to player. Like I can say BRIDGET, DANTE, BLACK BARON AND TANYA AUREM IN SQUAD 1, KANNAH, OCARINA, GRANNY ESTIE, ARON SQUAD 2 etc but the individual players would have to agree to be in a group to begin with, and not just have me forcing them into a group. However, if people DO form a group of let's say 4 people, I'd recommend those 4 to form a group in the PRIVATE CHAT so they can discuss their actions in the posts and collaborate that way. Then a representative from that group can send me their response based on what is happening. I take it, review it, send parts back for fixing if need be, and approve it for posting. (Or post it on your behalf.)

How about giving characters Attack and Defense levels so that we can consider chances of hurting or getting hurt beforehand. This way we don't need to ask you about it every time.
XD then this would become more like DnD that what I originally intended. I'll admit at one point I considered to use of Dice rolls to determine the actions of certain events as well as outcomes, but then I'd have to rate players attack and defense levels based solely on their CS and since I didnt plan that initially some players might not be happy with given results.

If people wanted to form groups or play more on the solo end would have to be discussed player to player. Like I can say BRIDGET, DANTE, BLACK BARON AND TANYA AUREM IN SQUAD 1, KANNAH, OCARINA, GRANNY ESTIE, ARON SQUAD 2 etc but the individual players would have to agree to be in a group to begin with, and not just have me forcing them into a group. However, if people DO form a group of let's say 4 people, I'd recommend those 4 to form a group in the PRIVATE CHAT so they can discuss their actions in the posts and collaborate that way. Then a representative from that group can send me their response based on what is happening. I take it, review it, send parts back for fixing if need be, and approve it for posting. (Or post it on your behalf.)
To be honest, that is an easy solution... I like it

ALRIGHT. If any of you want to arrive in a group and tackle things that way, organize amongst yourselves, Literary isn't going to assign groups. Those flying solo you do you boo. For everyone, PLEASE use accordions in your posts. Literary will do so anyways if you don't so be kind to our lovely DM and clean your messes. EITHER WAY we need to do our best in not tripping over each other or accidently skipping over something someone did.

My character is Bura the orc. If anyone wants to arrive at the same time with me and be organized, heart this post and I'll open a conversation with everyone involved. Feel free to do the same in a different group. My reasoning behind making a group is to organize everyone's actions and posts into one accordion so it is easy to understand and react to. Everyone will still write a post like it is normal rp but your actions can be more calculated with other members of the group. I'll keep my group open for the next 24 or more hours so if you want to join just heart this post.

If you are in a group or not you need to communicate in here what you plan to do

TheLoyalAcorn TheLoyalAcorn The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Critical.Over Critical.Over BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud Calypso Major Calypso Major Quados Quados Dethrix Dethrix Remmock Remmock explosiveKitten explosiveKitten MJ ._. MJ ._. AshenLily AshenLily Literary Revenant Literary Revenant

Last edited:
Plus if you THINK your character can get hurt, like Ramirov did in your prologue and in Avila's prologue, put that into consideration and maybe have your character stub a toe or get hit by an arrow or... accidentally punched in the face by Aron. XD

Plus if you THINK your character can get hurt, like Ramirov did in your prologue and in Avila's prologue, put that into consideration and maybe have your character stub a toe or get hit by an arrow or... accidentally punched in the face by Aron. XD
Oh come on, it only happened a few times that Aron broke someone's face by accident or punched a hole into an wall, or door...

ALRIGHT. If any of you want to arrive in a group and tackle things that way, organize amongst yourselves, Literary isn't going to assign groups. Those flying solo you do you boo. For everyone, PLEASE use accordions in your posts. Literary will do so anyways if you don't so be kind to our lovely DM and clean your messes. EITHER WAY we need to do our best in not tripping over each other or accidently skipping over something someone did.

My character is Bura the orc. If anyone wants to arrive at the same time with me and be organized, heart this post and I'll open a conversation with everyone involved. Feel free to do the same in a different group. My reasoning behind making a group is to organize everyone's actions and posts into one accordion so it is easy to understand and react to. Everyone will still write a post like it is normal rp but your actions can be more calculated with other members of the group.

If you are in a group or not you need to communicate in here what you plan to do

TheLoyalAcorn TheLoyalAcorn The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Critical.Over Critical.Over BlossomingRosebud BlossomingRosebud Calypso Major Calypso Major Quados Quados Dethrix Dethrix Remmock Remmock explosiveKitten explosiveKitten MJ ._. MJ ._. AshenLily AshenLily Literary Revenant Literary Revenant
Who died and made you boss eh?

That's a joke. You see with the long spacing and my inherent sarcasm combined with a certain madness induced by waking up and immediately spending a good 30 to 45 minutes discussing rp stuff when I thought you all were gonna charge right in and battle TO THE DEATH!

Who died and made you boss eh?

That's a joke. You see with the long spacing and my inherent sarcasm combined with a certain madness induced by waking up and immediately spending a good 30 to 45 minutes discussing rp stuff when I thought you all were gonna charge right in and battle TO THE DEATH!
Little did you know we can be organized muffins going into the furnace! Go eat some breakfast Literary. I just made a post to sum up what to do going forward considering the chaos going on. Go take care of yourself please

Little did you know we can be organized muffins going into the furnace! Go eat some breakfast Literary. I just made a post to sum up what to do going forward considering the chaos going on. Go take care of yourself please
You may wanna fix Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Spoiled in that post of yours. If she reads this reply, I advise her to scroll up a bit and look at Fluffys message about groups and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back