• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tired Tavern Chatroom

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
So. Yeah. Starting Thread up. Yay. I want to sleep now. I give you 1 week from now to reply to it, but I hope you won't have me waiting as long as I have kept you waiting. If you don't reply in 1 week, I'll have to move on without you.

That was on my mind too. I need to know who arrives when since I guess half of them will get there describing everyone else had arrived before. Also, since it takes long to make the first post, I can't wait for everyone to reply before I start writing.

Literary Revenant Literary Revenant : Should I wait until my prologue is done?

This is my recommendation. When I played D&D our GM had us all describe the course of action we would take at the same rough time unless we specify an order. We rolled and the GM would describe what actually happened.

In our case, we would all post our own independent action unless through PMs we collaborate for a shared action/interaction. Then Literary Revenant novelizes it?

Dependent on if the action would actually work. Also if one of us goes the cringy "I use my WMD to just make us win" Literary Revenant can slap that down and write down a much more appropriate course of action while staying true to the lore, character and etc...

I don't want to overstep boundaries, and I have zip experience in these forum RPs so take this worth a grain of salt. I think like many others here. I'm pretty pumped for this adventure together but a little confused how we will manage the mechanics due to over a dozen of us working together as both players and characters with our own independent thoughts and etc.

This is my recommendation. When I played D&D our GM had us all describe the course of action we would take at the same rough time unless we specify an order. We rolled and the GM would describe what actually happened.

In our case, we would all post our own independent action unless through PMs we collaborate for a shared action/interaction. Then Literary Revenant novelizes it?

Dependent on if the action would actually work. Also if one of us goes the cringy "I use my WMD to just make us win" Literary Revenant can slap that down and write down a much more appropriate course of action while staying true to the lore, character and etc...

I don't want to overstep boundaries, and I have zip experience in these forum RPs so take this worth a grain of salt. I think like many others here. I'm pretty pumped for this adventure together but a little confused how we will manage the mechanics due to over a dozen of us working together as both players and characters with our own independent thoughts and etc.
Issue is that would be putting a hell of a load of work on Literary.

Perhaps certain players should arrive at once and organize their efforts into one post which can be made into a accordion similar to the dm's? That way the players on that "team" can organize with each other and the dm with what is okay. And then one person posts the response of everyone in that group. We would have to figure out order if that were the case.

Take it or leave it but it could be doable. It could allow for less toe stepping as the next group would react according to what has already been done by the one before it

TheLoyalAcorn TheLoyalAcorn : You wanna kill some GM? I'm in!

Can we discuss what we are going to do here then make our post?
You guys go ahead, please. I don't know what to do until my prologue is done.

OK then let's discuss what we all are going to do, me first :

So I wanted to make Aron buy new gauntlets and then send him to the shipyard, with a small collision with the guards, as he enters the shipyard and sees the scene he gets drawn into a fight with one of the templars, resulting in that he can't help Ramirov fend of his enemy

Perhaps certain players should arrive at once and organize their efforts into one post which can be made into a accordion similar to the dm's? That way the players on that "team" can organize with each other and the dm with what is okay. And then one person posts the response of everyone in that group. We would have to figure out order if that were the case.

Take it or leave it but it could be doable. It could allow for less toe stepping as the next group would react according to what has already been done by the one before it

I think that genius and I'm kinda embarrassed I didn't think about that. IC wise it would make sense characters would naturally gravitate towards eachother, and it makes a more authentic relationship between everyone feeling like a cog in a large machine rather than a person on a lonely island. Player wise it allows those to split off based off of schedule and not feel like their causing people to wait or waiting on someone.

That was on my mind too. I need to know who arrives when since I guess half of them will get there describing everyone else had arrived before. Also, since it takes long to make the first post, I can't wait for everyone to reply before I start writing.

Literary Revenant Literary Revenant : Should I wait until my prologue is done?
I was thinking about that last night as I was writing the post, I had started a reply to your prologue but it's not close to being done. I'll just sum it up this way.

Ramirov sets off a bomb in the Templar's Treasury after stealing the Royal Letter. Bomb causes the Praetor to lose an arm as he was too close. Ramirov gets stuck as the other Templars investigate the explosion. The Praetor stabs Ramirov with a poisoned blade. (Bita then Rescues Ramirov and they get out after killing a fair amount of Templar soldiers. Ramirov apologizes to Bita, recognizing her as a powerful warrior, and more than worthy of being a Light Lotus. He gives her a Badge shaped like a Lotus. Similar to the one Bita found for Janet but newer.)

That would've taken forever to write and I dont wanna keep you waiting so start as you will.

OK then let's discuss what we all are going to do, me first :

So I wanted to make Aron buy new gauntlets and then send him to the shipyard, with a small collision with the guards, as he enters the shipyard and sees the scene he gets drawn into a fight with one of the templars, resulting in that he can't help Ramirov fend of his enemy
Sounds good to me. As long as Aron eventually finds himself on the ship, whether he punches his way through or does so when more help arrives.

Yup. What she said.
I'm scared if this is played out like a normal rp it will go sideways real quick. There are 14 people. If 14 people are posting individual posts every single turn. Some people will have their actions ignored or skipped and others will do the same thing. Vs. people arriving in groups according to when they are able to post and organizing themselves, then one person posting what everyone has written up for their character in one accordion post similar to how you posted.

Might as well start working as a team if we are all working for the same company.

I'm scared if this is played out like a normal rp it will go sideways real quick. There are 14 people. If 14 people are posting individual posts every single turn. Some people will have their actions ignored or skipped and others will do the same thing. Vs. people arriving in groups according to when they are able to post and organizing themselves, then one person posting what everyone has written up for their character in one accordion post similar to how you posted.
If I may be so bold, I agree with you and my course of action is to invite you into a group with anyone else currently on to try and decide on a group action/ interaction. Or we could just divide in groups of 4 characters.

Yeah I wasnt expecting almost a dozen people either. Due to me getting a job and taking even longer to actually get us started, the story LORE WISE is a little malnourished. With that said... what do you mean by this comment? Like I should specify your actions in a private chat and then I write that in the post? That's not what I intended, and removes personal creativity in favor of complete control of the story on my end, which I technically still have.

Sounds good to me. As long as Aron eventually finds himself on the ship, whether he punches his way through or does so when more help arrives.
So if I understood your post in the main chat correctly, Ramirov is in a battle with the captain of the templars and the ship is already in the water and ready to set sail, so would it be OK if Aron knocks his enemy out and then attacks Praetor from behind to give Ramirov and himself time to jump on the ship (maybe throwing the Praetor in the water

Might as well start working as a team if we are all working for the same company.
Then how about this, we talk about our post here, and then post them alone, loke this there shouldn't be any confusion who is going to do what and when what happens

I... didnt think about that, but this still requires me having a group set up prior to the events, whether you all just stumbled on eachother while heading to the shipyards or met somewhere else. It would still seem like I'm being too controlling and I dont want to be a Roleplay Dictator.

Yeah I wasnt expecting almost a dozen people either. Due to me getting a job and taking even longer to actually get us started, the story LORE WISE is a little malnourished. With that said... what do you mean by this comment? Like I should specify your actions in a private chat and then I write that in the post? That's not what I intended, and removes personal creativity in favor of complete control of the story on my end, which I technically still have.
It's kinda more like 5 of us wanna run around the room naked and hit things with the pointy in. All generally the same thing. That's good the group is working well together. It's when we have Dante do something that just breaks lore or uses his magical abilities (that he doesn't have) and things that just disrupts the flow you kinda retcon.

Think about it this way. We all write a random word and you rearrange it and add a word or two additional to make the sentence work. If the sentence still doesn't work you change the word entirely with the writers consent to better fit the overall scheme of things. I viewed it more as a guide bc in my mind you would for the most part just be copying and pasting and writing a thing or two to spin the actions together and coherently.

So if I understood your post in the main chat correctly, Ramirov is in a battle with the captain of the templars and the ship is already in the water and ready to set sail, so would it be OK if Aron knocks his enemy out and then attacks Praetor from behind to give Ramirov and himself time to jump on the ship (maybe throwing the Praetor in the water

Then how about this, we talk about our post here, and then post them alone, loke this there shouldn't be any confusion who is going to do what and when what happens
If you could even try to get close to the Praetor that would be commendable. I'm currently trying to write him as the ridiculously strong villain character, besides I mainly wanted to see what all of you reacting on an individual basis to the whole ambush on the leaders. I intentionally wrote them in a stressed panic as neither can defeat the Praetor and 17 some odd soldiers by themselves.

I... didnt think about that, but this still requires me having a group set up prior to the events, whether you all just stumbled on eachother while heading to the shipyards or met somewhere else. It would still seem like I'm being too controlling and I don't want to be a Roleplay Dictator.
Here is a thought. People who want to tackle interactions as a group can organize themselves accordingly those who don't can always arrive solo and react as they will. Either way accordions should be mandatory so the main chat doesn't get flooded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back