• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The secrets you keep

He shook his head "Last year... I don't know when, that year is a blur... but they ran a red and I couldn't stay... they were gonna throw me in prison I couldn't do that.... It wasn't my fault but they were gonna see t that way." He whimpered shaking.

Fae frowns and shakes her head. No it couldn’t be Craig. They had said the other driver ran the red light, not Craig. He had to be talking about someone else. “Do you remember anything else?” She asks softly.

He shook his head. “He ran a red lifht. Or she. I don’t know.... and I was speeding.... we crashed.... their car flipped but I could keep driving and I panicked and did.” He mumbled.

Fae shakes her head. “You ran the red light.” She whispers and wraps her arms around herself. “You didn’t even call to get him help.”

He shook his head. “I had a green light. The whole way there. Light never went yellow... I know that for certain because I wouldn’t have survived the night if I had caused the accident. I would have ended myself if it was that way round.” He muttered shaking his head. “What do you mean I ran the red lifht. What are you talking about?” He asked her realising she was adding stuff in herself.

Fae shakes her head. “Nothing. Never mind.” She couldn’t belive he was the one. Hell car accident happen all the time. It wasn’t the same one. He remembered having a green light. It didn’t add up with Craig’s death.

He started to piece it together himself and frowned. “What kinda car hit Craig’s?” He asked her and rubbed at his face, standing up to go throw away his beer bottle, feeling his heart sink when he heard her answer

Fae slumps in a chair and curls up. “A black ford truck.” She tells him and looks at him. “No...you....did you?!” She whimpers and covers her mouth.

He frowned some and swallowed hard. “I uh... I should go.” He mumbled as he nodded, going upstairs and grabbing a bag to chuck some essentials into, shaking as he got back downstairs and looked over to see her crying in the lounge. He wanted nothing more than to comfort her but right now that was the last thing she would want from him and he called Jack, desperately.

Fae shakes her head and breaks down. He killed Craig? She couldn’t believe this.

jack picks up and frowns. “Hey what’s going on?” He asks and heads to the backroom of the shop. He was surprised to hear from him. He figured they’d be working out how to get him help.

He frowned and left the house, rubbing his face. “Jack... I... that car wreck... the other vehicle was her fiancée.” He told him. “I need a place to crash for a couple nights.” He begged.

Jack frowns and shakes his head. “Shit.” He mutters and sighs. “Yeah I’ll be there soon.” He tells him and hangs up, going to get into the car.

He walked to a nearby bus stop, staring at their house and wanting nothing more than to go and hold her again but he had really done it this time and he wasn’t gonna be forgiven so easily but the stress and panic wasn’t doing him any good either, nor was the alcohol he’d consumed so by the time jack came to get him he looked a complete state and he got in the car and leaned back. “I fucked up. I fucked up real bad on this one.” He mumbled shaking a bit.

Jack frowns and watches him. “You were a different person then. It’s gonna take some time but you could work this out.” He murmurd siftly, just trying to keep him positive. “I think you do need to get help first though.”

He frowned and said nothing, getting lost in his own thoughts while jack drove and thanked him once they got to his place, going into the spare room and setting his tuff down, going straight to bed and laying there staring at the ceiling, never having felt more miserable in his life

Jack sighs softly and goes the make some dinner. He finishes up and knocks on Norman’s door. “There’s food if you want it.” He tells him and then goes to eat and look up places for rehab to show Norman, hoping he’d go along with it and get help.

He eventually trudged out to the kitchen, looking over when Jack pushed his iPad towards him and he saw the rehab places come up. “I need uh... I need to turn myself in to the cops though I think.” He mumbled. “Forget rehab. I belong in a fucking jail cell.”

He frowned more and shook his head. “I need to make this right.” He muttered and rubbed at his face some and then his chest, cussing under his breath. “I left my medications at home.” He mumbled. “Is Fae working tomorrow?” He asked him.

Jack sighs. “And how is going to jail instead of rehab gonna do that?” He mutters and rubs his face. “God dammit Norman just for once listen to me!” He snaps. He sighs soflty and looks at him. “Yeah, can’t promise she’ll show up though.”

He frowned some but nodded. “I need to go get that. I’d rather she wasn’t there when I did though... Jack... I can’t let her down again and I think she’d want me to go.” He muttered rubbing his chest some more and shook his head, leaving his plate half empty. “I need to go to bed.” He mumbled and went back to the spare room, going to lay down to sleep

Jack sighs softly. “If she wanted you there she’d call the police herself.” He points out and sighs softly. He watches him leave and starts cleaning up. He didn’t wanna see his little brother in jail, not after everything.

Norman woke up early the next morning and wandered around getting dressed and texted jack to let him know he was going to go collect his medication but got to the front door to find the bottle sitting on the floor where it had been shoved through the letterbox and he frowned, going to take it and lay back down again, the alcohol cravings were awful first thing in the morning and he was trying his best to ignore it but it was getting worse.

Fae had called out of work that morning. She knew jack would already know what was going on. She was assuming Norman was with him. She lays in bed and curls up. She glances at her engagement ring, which sat on the floor by the closet, where it had landed when she threw it last night. She felt so numb.

He glanced over at the door when jack came in to ask him to head into work with him, he would need cover for Fae so he agreed and got dressed, leaving with him and rubbed at his face some. “Did you pick where you’re sending me?” He muttered frowning some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back