• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The secrets you keep

“Ma’am this is Jackie calling from Sacred Heart and I have you listed as an emergency contact for a Norman Reedus? He’s been brought in to us today and is currently being treated for a major heart attack.” She told her.

Fae frowns and takes a seat. She bites her lip and nods. “Okay. Thank you for letting me know.” She murmurs softly. She hangs up and calls Jack. “Hey I got a call about Norman. I figured you’d want to know he was in the hospital.” She tells him, not knowing he had been with him.

Jack frowned some. “Hey, yeah I know I’m in the waiting room right now.... worry we forgot to take you off his emergency contact list... if this gets worse... do you want me to call you?” He asked her

Fae frowns a little and looks down. She hated that she still cared about him. “No.” She finally says and hangs up. She sighs and takes a minute to collect herself. She heads back o to her client. “Ready?

Norman came around a few hours later in a room with loud beeping and looked over at his brother frowning a little. “You don’t look pleased to see me alive.” He chuckled a bit then winced and lay back again.

Jack shakes his head. “You know that’s not true.” He murmurs and watches him. “Take it easy.” He murmurs.

Fae paces outside the hospital. She has driven down once she finished with her client and now she didn’t know what to do. She finally sucks it up and goes to the front desk, asking for Norman’s room and heading there.

He just nodded and leaned back a bit. “Well we both know you’ll be pissed if I do die. All that money on rehab and I conk our.” He tried cheering him up or at least lightening the mood but it wasn’t happening and he was just starting to relax back when he saw Fae walk in, his own feelings being shown as his heart rate monitors sped up. “Hi.” He mumbled.

Jack shakes his head at him. “Oh shut up.” He grumbles and shakes his head. He looks up at Fae and frowns a little.

Fae watches him and bites her lip. “Hey.” She says softly.

He glanced over at jack and watched him go to get some water. “It’s been a while.” He mumbled, frowning some as his monitors eventually began to settle again the more he relaxed, laying back against the bed. “What are you doing here?” He asked her curiously.

Fae watches him and stays near the door. “I’m still listed as your emergency contact.” She says softly and rubs her arm. She knew it wasn’t an explaination but she didn’t really have one. She didn’t know why she was there. She shouldn’t be. She should want him dead, but she didn’t.

He nodded some. “Sorry... I haven’t gotten around to changing that yet... I will though. Promise.” He mumbled and closed his eyes for a moment. “Fae... are you alright?” He asked her before opening his eyes but he frowned as he saw an empty room and just sighed heavily.

Fae sighs softly and watches him a bit before walking out. She walks down the hallway a little and slides down the wall. She curls up and starts crying.

Jack found her and helped her up, passing her a tissue. “Take a walk with me real quick?” He asked and smiled at her a little.

Fae takes it and thanks him. She nods a little. “Sure.” She says softly and follows after him. She sighs softly and wraps her arms around herself.

Jack sighed a little. “If you don’t wanna stay or talk to him anymore that’s fine. I understand Fae.... but I’ve known you for five years... and you’ve been my best employee a very long time.... so I hope you know I’m not in anyway trying to guilt trip you. I’m just tryna tell you straight.... he’s really not doing good. I don’t mean the heart attack either. He’s getting sober but they said his mentality is just a level of not caring

Fae looks at him and frowns. She wanted him to get better. He had tried so hard to be sober and she felt it was her fault he wasn’t anymore. She lost their baby and he went downhill, so she felt responsible. “Is it wrong for me to still love him. Even after knowing what he did?” She asks softly.

He frowned some. “Fae I looked into the accident.... to try and reassure him or at least find out for definite what happened.... Norman did not run a red light.” He told her seriously. “Norman has the green light.” He said seriously.

Fae looks at him. “Craig’s still dead and he’s part of the reason. If he would have stopped or at least called 911 they may have gotten to him in time.” She says softly. “It doesn’t change the fact he was in the accident that killed me fiancé.”

“I know, I’m not saying you have to go forgive him.... of course you still love him... you two were in a relationship.” He pointed out. “A very happy one up until a few months ago... it doesn’t stop you from caring about him. I will keep you updated with how he’s doing... you don’t have to come see him but I’ll leave that up to you.” He mumbled.

Fae looks at him and nods. She sighs soflty and runs a hand through her hair, thinking it over before following Jack back to Norman’s room. She takes a seat by his bed.

Jack fell asleep after a short while but Norman woke up not long after that and lay there trying to relax. He was in pain and a lot of it, just feeling sore and tender until he saw Fae was still there “Hi.” He mumbled.

Fae looks up from her phone and smiles a little. “Hey.” She murmurs softly and watches him. “How are you feeling?” She asks softly.

He frowned a little and shook his head, "I've been a lot better, I don't mind tattoo needles... But these ones are very different." He chuckled tiredly as he watched her. He still loved her with everything he had and he was desperate to reach out and hold her and have her back in his arms but he was scared that she wouldn't want him back anytime soon.

Fae nods a little and hesitates a little before taking his hand and rubbing his knuckles. “How’s the recovery been going?” She asks soflty and watches him.

"I mean it's only been a few hours but...." He stopped and looked up at her then chuckled nervously, "You mean rehab." He mumbled, shaking his head some, "It's good... I got a couple more months or so after I get outta here bu it's done me a lot of good... I managed to start that business course I told you about, so when I get out, my next job I can get a pay rise." He told her quietly until a nurse stepped in

'Sorry to interrupt but visiting hours are ending in five minutes and so I'm afraid both visitors will have to leave soon, if you wish you can come back at 9am tomorrow.' She explained to them then left them to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back