• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The secrets you keep

Fae listens and nods she frowns a little when the nurse said she would have to leave soon and turns back to Norman. “I’m glad it’s going well.” She murmurs softly.

He just nodded some and frowned, "Yeah... I just kinda... I wish there was someone waiting for me to make it worth it... I know I got my brother but I mean you... I'm not tryna pressure you but Fae I still love you more than anything and if I have to wait twenty fuckin' years I'll do it." He smiled sadly at her.

Fae stands up and moves closer to him, taking a seat on the bed. “Norman I want you to get through this. I can’t jump back into us. Not after learning you were part of the accident, but jack found out you were right. Craig ran the red light so it’s not all your fault. It’s gonna take time. I don’t know how long but...I still love you Norman. Get through this so we can talk and figure everything out.”

Norman nodded to her and smiled tiredly, "I understand Fae." He told her quietly, giving her hand a squeeze before she had to leave and watched her wake up Jack and go before a nurse came to turn his lights off so he could try and get some sleep.

Fae kisses his knuckles softly and gets up. “Get some rest.” She murmurd and wakes up jack. She heads out with him and sighs. “How’s the shop been?”

He shrugged a bit, "It's doing fairly well... Not that my finances would know that cause I got wrecked in the divorce." He muttered and frowned, "I paid for the rehab out of what I'm saving for retirement." He muttered and shook his head some, "What shop are you at now?" He asked her curiously while they headed to the parking lot

Fae frowns a little and sighs. “I can help pay for it. Pay you back some of it.” She tells him. “But thank you for doing it.” She murmurs and then shrugs. “It’s okay. I kinda just go when I have clients. Not really making friends with anyone.” She mutters and crosses her arms.

He waved it off and shook his head, "He's my brother, I don't have kids that are draining my money, it's fine." He muttered and squeezed her shoulder, "Look I'm around if you wanna hang out alright? Danny misses you too but you know what he's like with social media." He muttered rolling his eyes and smiled as he got to his car and drove home

Norman was there for a couple days while things were going smoothly in his recovery and there had been talks of him heading back to the rehab facility to be under strict care instruction there but on his third day in the hospital he had started taking a turn for the worse, everything hurt and he really was struggling to breathe at all but he knew that both Fae and Jack were busy fr the day

Fae glances at the time for what seemed like the millionth time. She was ready for her next appointment to get there and be over. She wanted to get to the hospital before visiting times were over. She had been going everyday to check on Norman. Things were still rocky but she wanted to be there for him.

Norman lay back against the bed, staring at the TV on a low volume and just trying to focus on getting air in at all, his nurse had been sat with him for a few minutes to help bring him some comfort but they'd called his brother already to let him know there had been some complications and now he was a lot worse but he only looked over at the door when he heard Fae's voice

Fae had gotten a call from Jack as soon as he heard the news. She had apologized to her client and rescheduled, heading straight for the hospital. She stops at the door and frowns a little. “Norman?” She asks softly and heads over. She takes his other hand and caresses his cheek. “Hey I’m here.”

He frowned a little and gave her hand as much of a squeeze as he could but there was no strength to it. 'He started taking a turn late last night. We're doing everything we can, he should have some test results coming back soon. If you need anything we are right down the hall' His nurse assured her then left them to it

Fae nods and takes a seat on the edge of the bed. She sighs softly and caresses his cheek. “Now don’t you go leaving me too.” She whispers and holds his hand tightly. She brings it up to her lips and kisses his fingertips.

He frowned some and watched her. “Probably would deserve it though.” He mumbled and just watched her. “Nurse told me I was meant to be up and wandering about today.... apparently ... my... body doesn’t like exercise.” He cracked a smile at her.

Fae frowns at that and shakes her head. “Don’t day that.” She says softly and places his hand in her lap. She intertwines their fingers and watches him. “You gotta stay strong.”

He just nodded and tried giving her hand a squeeze before falling asleep and lay there still struggling even while resting.

Fae frowns and watches him. She didn’t want to lose him too. She couldn’t, but it didn’t look like she had a choice. He didn’t look like he was gonna make it out of the hospital. She tears up and lets go of his hand, standing up and going to stand by the window and collect herself.

Jack got there soon as the shop closed and walked in sighing heavily. “They’re gonna amp up his medication and put him on the list for a transplant.” He muttered.

Fae nods a little and curls up on a chair by the bed. She runs a hand through her hair and sighs. “If he....if he doesn’t make it, I decided I’m moving to New York. A friend of mine has a shop she’s been trying to get me to come work at. I don’t think I can stay around here if this goes bad.” She says soflty.

Jack just nodded and rubbed her back. “I think he’ll surprise us.” He smiled a little at her “he doesn’t get kicked down that easily.” He mumbled, trying his best to be optimistic.

The next time Norman woke up he was struggling even more to breathe and looked over at Fae looking panicked, just gripping at her hand until his doctor came in to speak to them and help. ‘Norman we’re gonna get you sedated for a short while okay? You’re gonna be awake but very drowsy, we’re gonna have to put you on a ventilator, a machine to breathe for you okay? You won’t be able to talk but it’s gonna help you get more comfortable alright?” He told him clearly while they were setting up for it and he looked to Fae terrified.

Fae frowns and holds his hand tightly. She rubs it softly. “It’s gonna be okay. Just relax.” She says softly and keeps him calm while they put the ventilator in. She frowns and bites her lip. She was scared but she was trying not to show it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back