• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Second Rebellion - Skyrim Interest Check

May I be an imperial general who deserted the army bcuz of his hate for the thalmor and joined the storm cloaks?

May I be an imperial general who deserted the army bcuz of his hate for the thalmor and joined the storm cloaks?

Honestly, I had almost that exact idea for a plot point. This is pretty fateful isn't it? But yes, go ahead, it sounds interesting.

Currently we're all in Windhelm, and a little thing is going on on the bridge so feel free to jump in with that.

Or you could bump into Saorat and Ologor who will be going to find Ulfric (Kumiko and Jekkel on the bridge will join them too, but the two duos are currently separate).

Or you could start your own thing. Just jump in once I look over your character. I'm sure it'll be fine though!

What limits are there to weapons, armor and magic?

Well, it's kind of based on your character's age and experience.

For example, Kumiko (my character) is 32 so he will have higher-tier gear than Saorat (AlbaGuBrath's) who is 23.

For example, Jekkel (Sir Jake's) is an Imperial who travelled with Khajiit caravans in the past, so he'll have more experience than the others around items and selling. Some characters know a lot about potions, some have been combat oriented most of the time.

Ologor (MorgathosTheRussian) has both age and experience on his side, so he'd be quite formidable to face.

Kumiko is currently a Thane of Riften, so combat is sort of secondary to his life at the moment. Though, being in Riften means you get your fair share of it.

Magic will also be based on age and experience. If you character has been trained in magic since an early age they might be able to do the same amount if they're 20 as a 30-year-old character who has only trained in magic in real-life combat situations. It's also fine to create magic and such, as long as you explain what the spell does and as long as it's within realistic expectations (at AlbaGuBrath's request).

Basically, try to realistically create your character.

Well, it's kind of based on your character's age and experience.

For example, Kumiko (my character) is 32 so he will have higher-tier gear than Saorat (AlbaGuBrath's) who is 23.

For example, Jekkel (Sir Jake's) is an Imperial who travelled with Khajiit caravans in the past, so he'll have more experience than the others around items and selling. Some characters know a lot about potions, some have been combat oriented most of the time.

Ologor (MorgathosTheRussian) has both age and experience on his side, so he'd be quite formidable to face.

Kumiko is currently a Thane of Riften, so combat is sort of secondary to his life at the moment. Though, being in Riften means you get your fair share of it.

Magic will also be based on age and experience. If you character has been trained in magic since an early age they might be able to do the same amount if they're 20 as a 30-year-old character who has only trained in magic in real-life combat situations. It's also fine to create magic and such, as long as you explain what the spell does and as long as it's within realistic expectations (at AlbaGuBrath's request).

Basically, try to realistically create your character.

And mine is 90, so

Lotsa magic.

Hello! I am back!

tumblr_inline_nxzgsbzfjc1rn1fel_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I am back!

tumblr_inline_nxzgsbzfjc1rn1fel_500.gif

Hey, welcome back! You didn't miss a while lot, mostly Saor and Ologor discussing plans and gathering information and Kumi and Jekkel attempting to get Veyron's journal. Saor and Ologor are currently travelling to where they hope to find more man to join them and Kumi and Jekkel are on the bridge outside Windhelm dealing with a bit of trouble with the law.

Gonna try to get a post in today or tomorrow. It will most likely be tomorrow since I have a lot of school stuff for today, but I might finish earlier than I expected.

@Sir Jake A reminder, Gabriel is wearing a cloak over his armor, so his armor should be hidden unless you are in a good position and would be able to spot the ebony. And for the sword, He has it sheathed in a custom scabbard and You shouldn't be able to see the sword or even know what kind of sword it is as I believe daedric sword is not that common. :D

@Sir Jake A reminder, Gabriel is wearing a cloak over his armor, so his armor should be hidden unless you are in a good position and would be able to spot the ebony. And for the sword, He has it sheathed in a custom scabbard and You shouldn't be able to see the sword or even know what kind of sword it is as I believe daedric sword is not that common. :D

Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I noticed a tiny bit of confusion a little while earlier, so I was gonna see if I could clear it up. It's not a big deal, just I think I didn't explain clearly and would like to make sure everyone is on the same page...

So, regarding this rebellion... Technically, it's illegal. The war that we know of ended with a Thalmor-Empire coalition victory, with the Thalmor taking control in Skyrim. They're not officially in charge, but they're mostly the ones running things. Ulfric and his men were declared traitors, which is why they tried to execute him and the Stormcloaks aren't actually supposed to exist anymore. But they still kinda do, just much less organized and more underground. Parts of Skyrim, including Windhelm, are sympathetic to the rebellion (consisting of former Stormcloaks, new recruits, and upset civilians in general) but can't openly support it without being hunted themselves. They are, however, able to provide indirect assistance provided nobody draws attention to themselves. Citizens and guards know that spying for the Thalmor is very much disapproved of in these areas, but some still do anyway. Members of the rebellion can't show it openly, but have ways of identifying themselves to others if necessary. For the most part, though, they're trying to lie low and do as much as possible without getting caught.

I don't know if any of that was actually necessary, but maybe it explains a little better. (:

@MorgathosTheRussian So, I was gonna ask about the plan for this next adventure and see what you were thinking. Saor is gonna try to convince Ologor that this is a good idea, but she's probably the only one that thinks so. Even if he disagrees, she's probably going to give it a shot anyway. I was gonna ask if you wanted to plan how that goes down (both agree it's a plan, a local shares a rumor/offers to be a guide, hear something inside and go to investigate, etc.) or just wing it. Also, if either of them does go in, we should probably know what's waiting for them. You mentioned a helm and a ghost in your last post, so there's that, but are they still there? Did bandits get there first and now have it, or have sold it? Are there more ghosts or draugur? Is there anything there at all? I feel like there should be at least something, but not necessarily what they expect to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back