• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Second Rebellion - Skyrim Interest Check

The idea of that was that he wouldn't necessarily try to stop them, he might try to help. But who knows?

@jole875 That's what I was thinking. Maybe he sees the seemingly innocent Redguard get pickpocketed by a sneak-thief-tag-duo and he either watches and intends on approaching Kumi and Jekkel after they're done or he tries to stop it. If you like the idea of that.

Depending on how you react in accordance with your character's personality, some potentially thrilling shenanigans could go down.

Sorry for not coming in yesterday or Tuesday, I was super, super tired...

I have some homework I need to do today, but I don't think it will be too much, so I'll write a post once I finish (probably this afternoon or evening). To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it other than send Saor to sleep for a time-skip to morning (probably about 6 or 6:30, since they're supposed to being preparations at 7).

The beginning of that morning would probably be a good place to introduce new characters (@jole875, unless you wanted to jump in with Kumi and Jekkel, in which case it might have to still be the night of the 28th or hearing about it the next day) or to rearrange any that have gotten stuck in a lock. So, @explosiveKitten, you could allow the rest of the conversation to happen off-screen and let your character start fresh the next morning if you wanted to.

I still haven't heard from Beta, so I'm gonna say that Dren is unavailable at the moment (maybe pinned down by spies and unable to leave/shake them, briefly imprisoned, caught by an old man telling the story of his life, etc.) just whatever would keep the character out of pocket temporarily until we know whether or not he will be coming back.

So, do you guys prefer things arranged as they are, with two or three small groups of characters, or would y'all prefer we figure out how to gather into one or two larger ones? I figure it's probably easier to keep track of what's going on when there's only two to three people in each group, but that may just be me. If most of y'all would prefer to group up more, we can discuss how to make that happen.

sorry for just jumping into the frey here, but i have a nerevarine oc that i haven't had the chance to use yet and i would love to get involved in this rp? obviously they won't be the nerevarine in this verse.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for just jumping into the frey here, but i have a nerevarine oc that i haven't had the chance to use yet and i would love to get involved in this rp? obviously they won't be the nerevarine in this verse.

Hi there! It's fine, I think people come and go fairly often, and people are always welcome to come and chat.

I'm afraid I don't know what a nerevarine is... Could you explain, or just explain what sort of character you were interested in? At the moment, we have two or three small groups of characters, so there's probably a good place to jump in.

Hi there! It's fine, I think people come and go fairly often, and people are always welcome to come and chat.

I'm afraid I don't know what a nerevarine is... Could you explain, or just explain what sort of character you were interested in? At the moment, we have two or three small groups of characters, so there's probably a good place to jump in.

the nerevarine is to tes iii: morrowind like the dragonborn is to tes iv: skyrim.

different timelines, different places, different people, different conflicts. so if i do decide to join i'd scrap that little detail.

my oc was a full-on mage who relied a lot upon custom spells... idk how much detail you'd want but idk i'll have to think about joining for a little bit.

the nerevarine is to tes iii: morrowind like the dragonborn is to tes iv: skyrim.

different timelines, different places, different people, different conflicts. so if i do decide to join i'd scrap that little detail.

my oc was a full-on mage who relied a lot upon custom spells... idk how much detail you'd want but idk i'll have to think about joining for a little bit.

Ahh, I understand. Sorry, never played Morrowind, just Oblivion and Skyrim. But you'd just like to use the character without all the nerevarine stuff? That would probably be fine.

I think custom spells would be alright (kinda like how you can make spells in Oblivion?), though I'd probably ask you to include a full list of spells on your CS and their cost and effects. It's alright if you happened to miss one or two, but it would be useful to explain as much as possible about anything that wouldn't appear in-game.

As far as detail, basically just some description of what the character is thinking and feeling as well as what they are doing is fine. The focus is definitely more on the characters' beliefs, motivations, worldview, etc. than on their combat ability or such. This can vary in length according to what you feel comfortable with as long as the next person has something to respond to.

In general, at least a couple paragraphs would be preferred, with about a paragraph minimum whenever possible. We have a bit of a range, so you can look through the IC thread to get a better idea. Some people have come and gone, so I'd recommend looking at the last page or two to get the most accurate idea.

I'm gonna be in and out today with schoolwork, but I'll still be around to answer questions or concerns as I get the chance.

Ahh, I understand. Sorry, never played Morrowind, just Oblivion and Skyrim. But you'd just like to use the character without all the nerevarine stuff? That would probably be fine.

I think custom spells would be alright (kinda like how you can make spells in Oblivion?), though I'd probably ask you to include a full list of spells on your CS and their cost and effects. It's alright if you happened to miss one or two, but it would be useful to explain as much as possible about anything that wouldn't appear in-game.

As far as detail, basically just some description of what the character is thinking and feeling as well as what they are doing is fine. The focus is definitely more on the characters' beliefs, motivations, worldview, etc. than on their combat ability or such. This can vary in length according to what you feel comfortable with as long as the next person has something to respond to.

In general, at least a couple paragraphs would be preferred, with about a paragraph minimum whenever possible. We have a bit of a range, so you can look through the IC thread to get a better idea. Some people have come and gone, so I'd recommend looking at the last page or two to get the most accurate idea.

I'm gonna be in and out today with schoolwork, but I'll still be around to answer questions or concerns as I get the chance.

nice. i'll post my oc and then go from there.

@MorgathosTheRussian  Soooo.... I just finished that homework, and I'm gonna have to get up early in the morning to run, and then I'll be in class until I'm out of pocket for the weekend... So yeah, my plans for writing a post did not go as I planned. I know I've been keeping you a while and I do apologize... I'll try to write a post on my computer and sync it to my phone to post this weekend if possible. If not, I'll just be trying to think about what I want to write so that it should only take an hour or so once I get to a computer. If you want to just assume they parted ways after that conversation, you can go ahead and skip my post and start at morning if you want to. Again, I'm really, really sorry to be so slow...

@MorgathosTheRussian

Now that I think about it, it may be useful for me to explain what I had in mind regarding that last post.

So, apparently Saor has got it into her head that there's something very valuable or useful hidden in this narrow if they can find it. She's imagining some symbolic or historically significant artifact (think like the Jagged Crown) that will further legitimize their claim to sovereignty and encourage others to join their cause. Whether there's any reason to believe that it's actually there or not is another question.

What I was planning on doing is having her tell Ologor about her idea and try to convince him that they should go exploring to find it. If he goes for it, then they can hear out. If he says that they shouldn't waste their time spelunking without good reason, she will probably be like "Well... Alright...". But then, if she happens to get close to it, to think "Well, it couldn't hurt to look, at least..." and then curiosity draw her farther and farther in.

What exactly is in there I don't know yet (I was gonna see if any of y'all had suggestions), but I was thinking probably not a weapon or artifact, but maybe a book with useful information or a potiential ally (maybe they're like trapped by a troll or something, and is grateful to those who save them). Or, there could be nothing in there and she either runs into problems and/or gets distracted long enough for her absence to be noted and need to be explained.

So, basically, the long and short is that she's got this idea in her head and is gonna go do it regardless of whether it's actually sensible or not... (x

What do y'all think? Anything you'd suggest adding or changing? And all of y'all can participate, not just me and Morgathos.

It begins indeed! So you say you want something bad to happen, I am totally cool with that but answer me this, do you want to post the problem or me. I feel like you might have something in mind.

@0stinato 

It begins indeed! So you say you want something bad to happen, I am totally cool with that but answer me this, do you want to post the problem or me. I feel like you might have something in mind.

@0stinato 

Well... I'm thinking either a) a guard sees the attempted skooma deal, or b) Silian decides he's going to turn in Jekkel for attempting to sell skooma to gain the guards' favour. After all, it'd be a tactical move to do that in the prejudiced city of Windhelm...

But it couldn't cause too big of a problem because I know @AlbaGuBrath is sort of leading up to the big event... or we'll all come together to begin the hunt for Ulfric at some point. So it could be an issue that isn't anything too major. If you know what I mean.

But it couldn't cause too big of a problem because I know @AlbaGuBrath is sort of leading up to the big event... or we'll all come together to begin the hunt for Ulfric at some point. So it could be an issue that isn't anything too major. If you know what I mean.

Yeah, probably wouldn't want them to get seriously hurt or locked away for a long time or anything... But if you wanted the results of that escapade to be part of what drives them toward the main plot, that could work too.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure how plan on bringing everyone together. I'm guessing that at this point the Stormcloaks' main focus would just be to gather as many men and knowledge as possible, hence travelling to old camps and such. So if they came across people with special skills and/or show a grievance with the Thalmor, might make a few hints toward them, even if they weren't actually Stormcloaks. Some might be uncomfortable with that initially, but would probably eventually realise that they couldn't really be terribly picky.

And, I mean, there's no rush and these sorts of side quests are fine. I don't suppose anyone has to join in the search if they don't want to, especially if had a sub-plot or something for them follow, but would definitely prefer for characters to participate in the main quest. I guess they could also hinder the rebels as well if they liked, or could do some double-dealing or get spies involved.

-shrug- I'm not entirely sure. What would y'all like to do? Do y'all want to focus on the search and the journey, or go dungeon-delving and library-hunting, or assorted (mis)adventures, etc.? What did y'all have in mind for your characters' attitude and/or connections with the rebellion? We can probably work it around to accommodate them.

Also...

Is that... John?! Why is there a wooly bear on your face?!!!!! O.o

To be completely honest I would like a little bit of everything. It just makes me think of my character in Skyrim. Avoid all major quest lines have some fun and then the main quest. But I'm fine with anything, I just mainly follow the crowd.

And, I mean, there's no rush and these sorts of side quests are fine. I don't suppose anyone has to join in the search if they don't want to, especially if had a sub-plot or something for them follow, but would definitely prefer for characters to participate in the main quest. I guess they could also hinder the rebels as well if they liked, or could do some double-dealing or get spies involved.

-shrug- I'm not entirely sure. What would y'all like to do? Do y'all want to focus on the search and the journey, or go dungeon-delving and library-hunting, or assorted (mis)adventures, etc.? What did y'all have in mind for your characters' attitude and/or connections with the rebellion? We can probably work it around to accommodate them.

@Sir Jake What about if something bad happens and Kumi and Jekkel run away back into the city like the pansies they really are to get the diary to Veryon (@Dragonix975). But the guards know them now and they're like FIND THESE MEN. So Kumi and Jekkel look for a group to escape from the city in and it happens to be Saor/Ologor's group (might there be a few Stormcloak soldiers with them?) so they end up roped into finding Ulfric too.

And blah.

How about that?

@Sir Jake What about if something bad happens and Kumi and Jekkel run away back into the city like the pansies they really are to get the diary to Veryon (@Dragonix975). But the guards know them now and they're like FIND THESE MEN. So Kumi and Jekkel look for a group to escape from the city in and it happens to be Saor/Ologor's group (might there be a few Stormcloak soldiers with them?) so they end up roped into finding Ulfric too.

And blah.

How about that?

I have not finished my post yet, and that would work rather well to get into the main story line. This could work very well.  

To be completely honest I would like a little bit of everything. It just makes me think of my character in Skyrim. Avoid all major quest lines have some fun and then the main quest. But I'm fine with anything, I just mainly follow the crowd.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. So maybe start on the main quest, but get into other stuff along the way? I think that would make sense, since the characters actually have to physically travel along the roads, and would need to stop through towns and villages to resupply, so it would be very easy to get distracted (especially with not just one, but two, cats... (x ). Of course, we don't have to narrate every moment of their travels if decide nothing interesting happens (I was thinking have dialogue and such for a day sure in real time, then just timeskip to an appropriate point.).

But yeah, I'm fine with going between the main story and side ones, or with having both serious and silly stuff.

And blah.

How about that?

Okay, sounds good to me. Maybe Kumi and Jekkel run into them just as they're explaining their plans and what they've found out about Ulfric, so then it's kinda like "Well, they just heard everything, so we kinda can't let them run away and blab...". Maybe some supposedly intimidating threats or something.

Goodness, I feel sorry for this group's commander... They're sounding a bit inept... (x

But, I suppose that could be part of it too. Probably many of the recruits would be very green, so part of the process is training them to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back