• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Second Rebellion - Skyrim Interest Check

AlbaGuBrath

"Scotland Forever"
Main Thread § Rules and Joining § Characters

(Since we're already using this for OOC chat, I figure we'll just keep using it instead of making a whole new thread. If this is a problem or y'all would prefer a fresh start, just let me know!)

Hello there, I'm Never! My friend @Beta and I are plotting a Skyrim RP and would like to see if there are a few other people who would be interested in joining. This is based on a larger RP by DarknessSpirit, but focused on a particular group.

The idea is that the Stormcloak rebellion has been put down and the Thalmor are now in power. They claimed that they executed Ulfric, but rumors are circulating that he managed to escape and is building up an underground force to take back the throne. The remaining Stormcloaks are being hunted and have been forced underground, but a few have begun gathering in their old camps and are travelling to rejoin Ulfric and his resistance.

The story would be about a group of surviving rebels who have found a former general who knows where to find Ulfric and their journey to reach and join him.

Please note that it will probably be a few weeks before the roleplay actually begins, but that leaves plenty of time for planning. (:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear, friend... (x

Do you think we should link to our characters to kinda give an idea of what we have planned, or just leave it for when we start?

I may also make a thread in the Fantasy Interest Checks later to see if we can get any bites there. I think this fits better in Fandom, but there may be a few people lurking around in Fantasy as well.

Hmm... Well, it is mostly going to be with Stormcloak soldiers, but if your character would be alright with that I don't see a problem. It might be a bit rough on him with the remaining rebels being extremely suspicious and possibly a bit hostile, but some would probably be willing to unite against a common enemy.

What do you think, @Beta✯?

I don't really have a problem if someone wants to be part of the Imperials killing the Thalmor.

As you said before, there are going to be a few tensions between the two groups (If they decide to work together) mainly due to trust, whitelist fighting against that said common enemy. Overall I find it an interesting concept to add. Depending on the type of character it is he/she can either seek to reclaim the empire or side with the resistance.

@AlbaGuBrath 

So, @Dragonix975, do those sound like something you'd be interested in? Personally, I love writing in situations where traditional enemies have to work together and learn to recognize their humanity and not just see them as cold-blooded killers. Of course, I rather doubt that they would want to let a former Imperial anywhere near Ulfric, but they might be more willing to trust them than the Thalmor.

What would happen if they decided to side with the Empire? Obviously the Stormcloaks would still be a thing, so what would their relationship be with the Empire of they did work together to defeat the Thalmor? That might be interesting to look at as well.

Okay, sounds fine. My character and two NPCs can be found in the Characters folder of the portal in my signature. My character is Saorat and Fira and Ruadh are NPCs. I think the plan is that these three are some of the rebels scattered in the wilderness and they meet Beta's character, a former General, who knows how to find Ulfric and will lead them there and try to reforge some military discipline out of this rather ragtag group.

It sounds like you already have an idea about what sort of character you want to write about. Can you tell us about them? How would you like to meet up with the others?

I'd love to join! I've been searching for a Skyrim RP for a long time.

I do have a question though - Would it be okay if my character isn't always serious? I can do serious, but my character isn't always serious.

Anyway I adore Skyrim and the idea of a second rebellion is highly interesting, seeing as I've sat on the fence this entire time about the in-game rebellion.

I'd love to join! I've been searching for a Skyrim RP for a long time.

I do have a question though - Would it be okay if my character isn't always serious? I can do serious, but my character isn't always serious.

Anyway I adore Skyrim and the idea of a second rebellion is highly interesting, seeing as I've sat on the fence this entire time about the in-game rebellion.

Yeah, that sounds fine. Can't hurt to be light-hearted sometimes. (:

Oh, have you never played that questline? You really should if you haven't. It was my favorite part of the game, though I am a history geek... (x

I have played the questline, on the Stormcloaks' side. Don't worry, I know the stuff that happens. I've attended the moot. I know what's going on, no worries.

Just, now I've come to play it again I didn't really like the politics of either side, so I'm doing what a true cat would do and sitting the fence (my character's a Khajiit).

@AlbaGuBrath

I have played the questline, on the Stormcloaks' side. Don't worry, I know the stuff that happens. I've attended the moot. I know what's going on, no worries.

Just, now I've come to play it again I didn't really like the politics of either side, so I'm doing what a true cat would do and sitting the fence (my character's a Khajiit).

@AlbaGuBrath

Oh, that's fine. I wasn't worried about that, I just was going to recommend it for a very interesting story if you hadn't had the chance to enjoy it yet. (:

My character is Khajiit too! Though I think her story is a bit opposite to yours. She joined basically because she thought it would be a better place for her than Riften, but eventually came to genuinely believe in what she was fighting for.

Oh I love Riften. My favourite city. I know it's essentially an open sewer full of thieves but... Riften, 10/10 would live there again. I'd be very happy if my Kumi could be a Thane of Riften. Then he'd at least have some sort of standing in the world. Not to say he'd have much influence or a lot of people would know him, but... he'd be something in the world rather than just "hairy civilian A", you know?

@AlbaGuBrath

Oh I love Riften. My favourite city. I know it's essentially an open sewer full of thieves but... Riften, 10/10 would live there again. I'd be very happy if my Kumi could be a Thane of Riften. Then he'd at least have some sort of standing in the world. Not to say he'd have much influence or a lot of people would know him, but... he'd be something in the world rather than just "hairy civilian A", you know?

@AlbaGuBrath

I'm not a huge fan of Riften myself, but at least it's better than Markarth. They... Don't like me there.  :HornsTongue:

I personally really like Windhelm (go figure) and Whiterun. Solitude is pretty too, but I tend to avoid it when possible. I'd rather not be murdered in my sleep by angry people from the Blue Palace... (x

@AlbaGuBrath

Looking at your Google Drive character sheets for your Skyrim babbuus, shall I begin working on one similar (if not identical) to the layout you've got there? Just so, if this does start up, I'm ready.

Also, I love satisfying my Skyrim needs even when I'm not playing. Anything to screech about my misadventures, really.

@AlbaGuBrath

Looking at your Google Drive character sheets for your Skyrim babbuus, shall I begin working on one similar (if not identical) to the layout you've got there? Just so, if this does start up, I'm ready.

Also, I love satisfying my Skyrim needs even when I'm not playing. Anything to screech about my misadventures, really.

You can set up your CS however you like. I think it would be good to include some stuff about what your character believes and why they are involved in this conflict, but otherwise I think it's all open.

Just so you know, though, it may be a while before this actually begins. It will definitely be after the holidays and may be mid-January due to me being stuck with mobile.

Yes, Skyrim is allll about those misadventures... Between my inept playing and my brother's bored sense of humor, we've seen some pretty funny stuff... (x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back